Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:28:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoTrader.org - First Web-based Algorithmic Trading Platform for Bitcoin  (Read 37852 times)
id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:13:56 PM

newbie here  Grin
visited the site and read threads but still don't get it  Roll Eyes
so can you actually use it to do real trades or is it just a tool to simulate strategies? (I'm looking for a program to do trades for me while I'm away  Roll Eyes )

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZirconiumX

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:40:27 AM

newbie here  Grin
visited the site and read threads but still don't get it  Roll Eyes
so can you actually use it to do real trades or is it just a tool to simulate strategies? (I'm looking for a program to do trades for me while I'm away  Roll Eyes )

The latter. If you want the former, Gekko would be useful.

Matthew:out
pulsecat (OP)

Activity: 220

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 07:28:03 PM

newbie here  Grin
visited the site and read threads but still don't get it  Roll Eyes
so can you actually use it to do real trades or is it just a tool to simulate strategies? (I'm looking for a program to do trades for me while I'm away  Roll Eyes )

We've added new "Real Trading" feature that allows any algorithm to trade at MtGox via their API. To start real trading:
- register at http://cryptotrader.org & verify your email
- upgrade account (costs $10/month)
- backtest your algorithm
- click "Trade" button, then go to "Real Trading" tab and fill the account form with your MtGox API secret & key.
- start trading bot by clicking 'Create'

CryptoTrader.org - Cloud-based Automated Trading on Bitstamp/BTC-E/CEX.IO/Bitfinex/Kraken | Discussion topic at Bitcointalk.org | Automated Trading Contest (Prize 2 BTC)
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 07:56:24 PM

We've added new "Real Trading" feature that allows any algorithm to trade at MtGox via their API. To start real trading:
- register at http://cryptotrader.org & verify your email
- upgrade account (costs $10/month)
- backtest your algorithm
- click "Trade" button, then go to "Real Trading" tab and fill the account form with your MtGox API secret & key.
- start trading bot by clicking 'Create'

Great news! I'm sad for not having enough time to prepare for your competition, maybe there will be round #3  Grin This certainly is additional motivation.
Strainer

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 02:38:44 AM

ReferenceError: amount is not defined

I get this error on every Backtest I attempted.
pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 05:31:13 AM

ReferenceError: amount is not defined

I get this error on every Backtest I attempted.

Thanks for reporting this. Fixed.

CryptoTrader.org - Cloud-based Automated Trading on Bitstamp/BTC-E/CEX.IO/Bitfinex/Kraken | Discussion topic at Bitcointalk.org | Automated Trading Contest (Prize 2 BTC)
Diabolicus

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:19:05 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2013, 12:42:20 PM by Diabolicus

Code:
        buy instrument # Spend all amount of cash for BTC
        if buy instrument #<< how do I check if  a buy was executed this tick?

As the 'buy' is a function, the above code make it called twice, so that the second call returns undefined value. The right way to do it:
Code:
        orderId = buy instrument # Spend all amount of cash for BTC
        if orderId
           # a buy was executed
           context.buy_price = instrument.price

I am not sure what exactly you changed to the platform, but the "if orderId" part doesn't seem to work no more?! Without it I cannot determine if a buy or sell order was executed and thus cannot store variables such as buy or sell prices in the context object for later reference anymore. Please change it back?
I just realized that this is also what probably screwed up my entry for the contest, round 3.
pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 02:50:08 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2013, 06:46:20 PM by pulsecat

OK, i see what happened. The problem is caused by careless merging of the code related to real trading mode,where orders are processed asynchronously. Should be fixed by now. Sorry for confusion.

pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 02:47:12 AM

Support for Bitstamp has been added

ironstove

Activity: 111

Possibilities are limitless

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 12:25:02 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2013, 02:35:00 PM by ironstove

Having trouble getting the RSI to calculate:

The following code:
Code:
    value = talib.RSI
    startIdx: 0
    endIdx: instrument.close.length-1
    inReal: instrument.close
    optInTimePeriod: 14
    result = _.last(value)

debug result

debug value returns null like so:

2013-09-07 15:00 null
2013-09-07 15:15 null
2013-09-07 15:30 null
2013-09-07 15:45 null
2013-09-07 16:00 null

Any idea what's going on? Thanks.

EDIT:

Nevermind, looks like the double space matters quite a bit hahaha. Got it to work.
StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 01:23:06 AM

Great website !
Tamis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:17:28 PM

Great platform !

Congratulation on your work.

Could you add Bitfinex ?
ironstove

Activity: 111

Possibilities are limitless

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:00:29 AM

Hi I'm having some problems with implementing certain functions on ta-lib

When I try to apply RSI(14), the RSI value does not correspond to my RSI(14) data that I am cross checking with bitcoincharts.

Same goes with the SMA, however I am having a separate problem with that as well, I am trying to calculate SMA(200) and I get 'undefined' as the returned value, however when I run SMA(100) and below, the value calculates fine, somewhere between 100 and 200, the function cannot handle calculating that many periods, I'm not sure if it is an issue with ta-lib or the cryptotrader back-end.

For now, I have found a workaround by recursively calculating the SMA, but the RSI(14) value I'm not sure how to fix, maybe I am inputting the parameters incorrectly?

I looked through the API but I could not find anything explaining in greater depth the relationship that the parameters have with the calculation, do you think maybe we could start a github project in order to create documentation and API guide?

Here is my code for RSI(14)

Code:
    value = talib.RSI 
    context.RSI = _.last(value)

Not entirely sure what role the parameters play, like what would happen if I changed startIdx, endIdx (I have tried changing around the values and can't understand how it impacts calculations)? I'm not sure what inReal is/does either. Sorry, but I am strictly from an engineering background so not too familiar with terminology.
pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 10:08:50 AM

Great platform !

Congratulation on your work.

Could you add Bitfinex ?
Great website !

Thanks for feedback! We are going to add more interesting features soon.

As regards support for more exchanges, it is not hard to add support of new one if they provide an API, though i couldn't find out what is Bitfinex market share? Checked here http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/volumepie/

pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 10:38:22 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2013, 05:01:06 PM by pulsecat

Hi I'm having some problems with implementing certain functions on ta-lib

When I try to apply RSI(14), the RSI value does not correspond to my RSI(14) data that I am cross checking with bitcoincharts.

Same goes with the SMA, however I am having a separate problem with that as well, I am trying to calculate SMA(200) and I get 'undefined' as the returned value, however when I run SMA(100) and below, the value calculates fine, somewhere between 100 and 200, the function cannot handle calculating that many periods, I'm not sure if it is an issue with ta-lib or the cryptotrader back-end.

For now, I have found a workaround by recursively calculating the SMA, but the RSI(14) value I'm not sure how to fix, maybe I am inputting the parameters incorrectly?

I looked through the API but I could not find anything explaining in greater depth the relationship that the parameters have with the calculation, do you think maybe we could start a github project in order to create documentation and API guide?

Here is my code for RSI(14)

Code:
    value = talib.RSI 
    context.RSI = _.last(value)

Not entirely sure what role the parameters play, like what would happen if I changed startIdx, endIdx (I have tried changing around the values and can't understand how it impacts calculations)? I'm not sure what inReal is/does either. Sorry, but I am strictly from an engineering background so not too familiar with terminology.

At first glance, the code is valid. In my understanding, the difference with bitcoincharts data can be caused by
 using insufficient initialization data in our implementation. At this time, each "instrument" object is pre-initialized with an array of 100 market data values. While this is enough for most indicators such as EMA and probably for SMA(?), it may be not enough for some indicators. Thanks for reporting this, I'll look deeper into the issue and see what needs to be fixed.

capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:02:43 PM

As regards support for more exchanges, it is not hard to add support of new one if they provide an API, though i couldn't find out what is Bitfinex market share? Checked here http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/volumepie/

you wont find their market share on Bitcoincharts,
actually it is part (how big?) of Bitstamps market share, as they provide margin trade over Bitstamp

Marcus Antonius

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:43:30 PM

Love this thing. What's the default Ichimoku strategy? Gets great results on the hourly.
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 09:30:32 PM

I was wondering the whole time why the EMA made diferent results than I saw on the graph....Now i got it, I guess: EMA crosses trigger on the running candel? Doesn't make sense. How can I make the default EMAs script consider only CLOSED candels?

Tamis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:41:42 PM

Hi pulsecat,

I just talked to bitfinex admin, regarding the market share it's 3000-10000 BTC per day (Bitstamp-Bitfinex combined, 1000-5000 BTC on internal trade).

As for the API it's here : https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/api
If you have any problem with the API, Raphael (the admin) which is a great guy told me to give you his mail so that he can help you out if need be. You can get in touch with him here : admin@bitfinex.com

We are quite a lot to trade there and really hope you will support bitfinex in the near future !

Take care
pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 01:37:44 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2013, 01:51:48 PM by pulsecat

I was wondering the whole time why the EMA made diferent results than I saw on the graph....Now i got it, I guess: EMA crosses trigger on the running candel? Doesn't make sense. How can I make the default EMAs script consider only CLOSED candels?

Your assumption is not right. Algorithms access only candles that closed already.

Hi pulsecat,

I just talked to bitfinex admin, regarding the market share it's 3000-10000 BTC per day (Bitstamp-Bitfinex combined, 1000-5000 BTC on internal trade).

As for the API it's here : https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/api
If you have any problem with the API, Raphael (the admin) which is a great guy told me to give you his mail so that he can help you out if need be. You can get in touch with him here : admin@bitfinex.com

We are quite a lot to trade there and really hope you will support bitfinex in the near future !

Take care

Thanks for information & contact. I think support for Bitfinex is definitely worth adding.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: