Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:39:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe that digital currencies will replace Fiat?  (Read 5118 times)
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:09:26 AM

maybe yes and maybe no!
but I think bitcoin will NOT
fiat or local currencies is the one who used in certain country and it is use to audit and see how the growth of a certain country have
economy is which money will be used and to buy local to local country and local people to be paid

so I think it will not replace but instead be alternative way of money
It could happen maybe. If all the system will be cahnged into a very modernized technology like the banking system so it is possible to happen. But if they don't change it then it will just be the same. There's no improvement at all and the money that will be transacted won't that be easy to access. However,if bitcoin will prevail as a replacement for fiat then that's a great idea somehow. There will be no problem for any cash out. On the other hand,there are many things to encounter like hacking info from the internet system. There must be security assistance on this or they must provide so that many investors will trust in bitcoin system as digitized currency.
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:14:53 AM

I know it may not be possible right now, but do you think fiat will be gone in the future?
It won't happen. Fiat is something that represents a country  and it's currency. But, it can be some countries seconed currency next to fiat thats posible for some countries.
cengsuwuei

Activity: 714
Merit: 516

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:23:56 AM

There is a Rumor That After 5-10 years all people should use Microchip
 and it has, actually nowadays in different companies,

and, by this case, if the time comes that all people are using microchip,
Then Bitcoin will also be use because fiat will be seen no more
so bitcoin will be the digital currency use for buying any things that a person needs.

So, I believe That After how many years bitcoin will be the new currency.

only country familiar and high technology can use mircochip payment, sample japan and USA
but international payment export and import still need dollar fiat money

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

saif.shaikha

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

"The Best ICO with Best ROI:: Cube"

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:32:49 AM

This is the question that I have been asking myself since the time I have started reading about crypto currencies.
And this is what I believe

- No government in the world will allow crypto currencies to replace FIAT currency.
- By controlling FIAT currencies through central banks, governments control the entire economy of their countries and if crypto currencies become prominent government will loose control and will not be able to effectively manage economy and finances.
- At a maximum government can allow trading in crypto currencies like any other commodity as its value depends on demand/supply case and extract a tax out of it.

wartajoni

Activity: 329
Merit: 11

@japanesehighschoolgirl

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:48:08 AM

Digital currency is a great discovery. But the role doesn't to replace fiat. Its existence was just to complete it. Cause of that, I don't believe that fiat would be gone because digital currency replace it. Fiat will be exist. Digital currency will be exist as well. I thought someday fiat and digital currency will find its system to be exist together.

danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:01:25 AM

I do not think so. the world still requires fiat for transactions. there are still many areas that have not reached the internet. but, if in the future it can be fulfilled, chances are bitcoin can replace viat.

mevmike

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 09:13:18 AM

for me digital currencies or cryptocurrencies can one day become so popular that it will truly be implemented.
but if i will be asked if it will be able to replace fiat then my answer is no.
fiat will still exist due to the fact that not all people around the world has the knowledge or the capacity to use digital currencies.
there will still be those civilizations that will rather choose fiat rather than its digital counterparts.
the journey for total digital currency usage is just beginning.
we may not even see it fully implemented in our lifetime.
Cheesy

﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾   GlodCoin   |  Electronic Currency |  Ethereum Blockchain   ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
› › › › ›  3D Virtual Shopping | VERIFIED And Secured  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
﴾  ﴾  ﴾   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:16:31 AM

No how can digital currency eliminate Fiat, yes the digital currency are a rage but in the end we value them at Fiat only, so how can you stop using Fiat. Not everyone you'll know uses Bitcoins, and most of the government's are not keen to accept bitcoins to, plus elderly and mid age people don't like digital currency, they feel it's like a taboo, plus it takes one he'll of a effort to make them understand, it's very soon yet to say that digital currency can eliminate Fiat, it will require some massive efforts and currently I don't feel enough is done to highlight digital currency, and stop Fiat.
detector

Activity: 484
Merit: 124

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:23:00 AM

I think it will not happen because digital currencies are different compare to fiat.
As I know , digital currency or cryptocurrency just consider as alternate investation , a risky investment but they have some advantage compare fiat for example : cheaper fee and faster transaction
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 09:28:50 AM

I know it may not be possible right now, but do you think fiat will be gone in the future?

There is a possibility but it is highly unlikely because even the basic needs of the people especially in developing countries are lacking like clean water, food and electricity. The world has far more problems than focusing on replacing fiat with digital currencies. Some places may be already in advanced technologies but majority of the world still has problem in electricity which is needed to connect to use the gadget and connect to the internet as well. I believe digital currencies will co-exist along with fiat currencies.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:31:00 AM

I think it will not happen because digital currencies are different compare to fiat.
As I know , digital currency or cryptocurrency just consider as alternate investation , a risky investment but they have some advantage compare fiat for example : cheaper fee and faster transaction
Please explain me how 0.0003 which equivalent to 1.473 USD at the time I'm writing for an average transaction with an average size is cheap. While with bank transfer, they sometimes don't charge anything as long you transferred into the same bank company. and one more, I can't get why bitcoin is faster while a confirmation usually takes 15 minutes while bank transfer is just few seconds after you choose transfer.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:40:46 AM

Maybe in the future but I think it will take time because some governments are not yet familiar with digital currency and some countries are not that much favorable with digital currency... It think with more explanation and discussion about the advantage of digital currency over fiat people will soon be more intrested to it...
It is written in the future book surely that digital currency will replace the cash, the reason for this is there is a lot of scope of growing profit in digital one as compared to money in pockets and in coming 5 to 6 years everyone will deal in digital currency so be ready for that time and there is also a ease in using digital currency. It gives a lot as compared to flat.
learner 7

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:47:21 PM

In my opinion both variants as bitcoin and fiat are necessary to us at certain moments in our life.
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:52:25 PM

i think maybe it will be come true, but i think bitcoin can't handle that situations, the possible digital currencies is paypal, maybe bitcoin can handle that but in short term i think it can't because all people in the world is not popular with bitcoin or other alternative coins

jerlen17

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:57:48 PM

There is a possibility that digital currency can replace the fiat in the near future because little by little many of us do recognized the digital currency and the benefits and the profit that we can get from these.
Cranidos

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:07:43 AM

I don't think so that bitcoin can be replaced by fiat. For now,  bitcoin's value is in referenced to fiat. Meaning to say, the bitcoin value has equivalent price to fiat. If it replaces fiat, then we can never say that bitcoin has a high value or price because there no reference, we have nothing to compare its price.

NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:26:03 AM

for now fiat can not be replaced because as you know fiat is more widely used than btc, easy to use without needing to be swapped first. it took a long time if fiat was replaced with digital currency.

RayvenPierre

Activity: 182

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:48:22 AM

It is impossible right now for digital currencies to replace fiat. Mainly because not a lot of people use or even aware of digital currencies. Whether we like it or not most people want something that they can see or touch and it would take a long time before this change.

xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 06:27:11 AM

no. although bitcoin has many advantages over fiat, I think bitcoin still can not replace fiat. fiat has a real value, not dependent on the internet when in use, can be used anywhere with the same currency.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 06:32:30 AM

Idk more about exactly what can happen and what will happen, but you can be sure that block chain technology is going to be the future. A few decades down the lane we might see something that everyone is expecting to happen and what if a new system which will revolutionize the entire world and create a new world full of opportunities.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: