Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:01:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: my jalapeno shipped  (Read 4847 times)
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:13:17 PM

http://ow.ly/i/2hdwg/original

More to come.

HTML5 Gordon

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:22:32 PM

Good to see several being prepped for shipping.  Let's hope this becomes a daily thing and ramps up.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:34:11 PM

It was real but:
No, SgtSpike wasn't suppose to get an email for that shipment, it went out accidentally.

(Josh in the Shoutbox)

So no shipment.

Nope, you can hang on to your smug smile for a while longer...

BFL already put a ton of cash into my pocket by siphoning off millions of dollars that would have been spent on raising the network hash rate. I get to keep my smug little smile forever.  Cheesy

Now that the Avalon and ASICMiner waves are here, it does't really matter what BFL promises anymore. Even if BFL ships 50 Jala's every single day (unlikely), that is only 1.25TH a week which isn't enough to move the difficulty needle anymore now that there is 100TH currently and another 100TH due in the next 2 months. BFL failed to capitalize while Avalon and ASICMiner continue to deliver the hash rate.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
erk

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:41:16 PM

Good to see several being prepped for shipping.  Let's hope this becomes a daily thing and ramps up.

Even though it only show the 5GH/s in production, each one is potentially a happy customer, and that's the main thing, it also shows that BFL is making an effort to ship product, thus exposing the scam claims of trolls here as clearly false.

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:47:00 PM

Even though it only show the 5GH/s in production, each one is potentially a happy customer, and that's the main thing, it also shows that BFL is making an effort to ship product, thus exposing the scam claims of trolls here as clearly false.

delivering a product 1 year after u paid for it is ok and just fine with u ?
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:49:31 PM

Judging from BFL's record of inaccurate statements, I think anyone dealing with them should take a 'believe it when I see it' approach when considering the company. I mean it's all well and good for a Jalapeno to ship, but if you look at the bigger picture, they still haven't shipped .5% of a product that people already paid for almost a year ago.

I'm happy for anyone who finally got their units. But I think it's a bit premature to see the sub 50 units (I guess) as a big success that should alleviate any fears or encourage more pre-orders.

For every one jalapeno that has been shipped there are what, 5,000 units not shipped? At least a 1000 customers who haven't received a product for every one that has.  That's a complete guess, don't care enough to get the exact numbers, but it has to be somewhere around there.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:51:51 PM

Even though it only shows the 5GH/s cases on flat surfaces, each one is potentially a case with a fan in it, and that's the main thing, it also shows that BFL is making photographs of product, instead of just shipping product. Thus exposing the shill claims of trolls here as massively over optimistic.

FTFY.

BFL customers have already been screwed. The only metric that matters now is if BFL can actually contribute a meaningful amount to the network hash rate. If they cannot, then the slice of the pie their customers can capture is too small to matter.
As for BFL actually shipping in bulk, I will believe it when I see that their backlog is not 90 days (+ 2 weeks ad infinitum) long

nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:18:56 PM

It was real but:
No, SgtSpike wasn't suppose to get an email for that shipment, it went out accidentally.

(Josh in the Shoutbox)

So no shipment.

BFL already put a ton of cash into my pocket by siphoning off millions of dollars that would have been spent on raising the network hash rate. I get to keep my smug little smile forever.  Cheesy

Now that the Avalon and ASICMiner waves are here, it does't really matter what BFL promises anymore. Even if BFL ships 50 Jala's every single day (unlikely), that is only 1.25TH a week which isn't enough to move the difficulty needle anymore now that there is 100TH currently and another 100TH due in the next 2 months. BFL failed to capitalize while Avalon and ASICMiner continue to deliver the hash rate.

You sound just like PuertoLibre - are you it?

donations not accepted
erk

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:38:21 PM

delivering a product 1 year after u paid for it is ok and just fine with u ?
I am not stupid enough to pre-order a product that I haven't seen at least a prototype demonstrated or reviewed. I am interested in a klondike board but I will not place and order until I see a working prototype tested and reviewed, same goes for BFL.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:04:05 AM

It was real but:

(Josh in the Shoutbox)

So no shipment.

You still have nothing eh?
Do your best to keep these last couple of BFL threads on the front page so people who Google Butterfly Labs can see what the bitcoin community thinks of them.
You certainly have your work cut out for you with all the Avalon and ASICMiner group buy threads churning like crazy.  Cheesy

nottm28

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:18:07 AM

What exactly do you have? To be so defensive of this guy who shouts his mouth off and tells people to FO when he doesn't like what they say?

donations not accepted
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:24:34 AM

What exactly do you have? To be so defensive of this guy who shouts his mouth off and tells people to FO when he doesn't like what they say?

I have thousands of angry BFL customers.
I have BFL who admits they purposefully insult and denigrate the Bitcoin community because they believe it inflates their pre-orders with noobs.
I have alternatives to BFL mining products that have similar or better bang for the buck.
What else do I need? Popcorn.

BTW, you should bump the other two BFL threads that fell off the front page too. Otherwise it might look like BFL has become irrelevant to the Bitcoin mining scene.

The Custom Hardware forum is awash in a sea of ASICMiner and Avalon threads...

nottm28

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:26:47 AM

I have BFL who admits they purposefully insult and denigrate the Bitcoin community because they believe it inflates their pre-orders with noobs.
I have alternatives to BFL mining products that have similar or better bang for the buck.

BTW, you should bump the other two BFL threads that fell off the front page too. Otherwise it might look like BFL has become irrelevant to the Bitcoin mining scene.

Ok I'll leave you with that thought - you are clearly an arse.

donations not accepted
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 12:29:30 AM

Out of curiosity, like what? I'm legitimately curious.

From what I've seen, all of the stuff that's readily available has a break-even point of about four months. Then there's the pre-order vaporware like BFL, KNC, etc. who have a much, much better "bang for the buck" as you put it. Then there's the group-buy chip scene, but nobody putting them together yet. So I'm curious which alternatives there are that are readily available and have a better break-even point than four months?

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:41:04 AM

It was real but:

(Josh in the Shoutbox)

So no shipment.

Do your best to keep these last couple of BFL threads on the front page so people who Google Butterfly Labs can see what the bitcoin community thinks of them.
Un-ignored out of curiosity, and indeed, ignored was better. Bitcoin community? Do you call the rant-o-rama club including yourself, Smoothie, Puertolibre and Frizz23 and his pile of accounts the bitcoin community? The anti bfl-squad posts are even attracting customers to BFL, you must be doing something wrong.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:56:02 AM

It was real but:

(Josh in the Shoutbox)

So no shipment.

Un-ignored out of curiosity, and indeed, ignored was better. Bitcoin community? Do you call the rant-o-rama club including yourself, Smoothie, Puertolibre and Frizz23 and his pile of accounts the bitcoin community? The anti bfl-squad posts are even attracting customers to BFL, you must be doing something wrong.

You should put me back on ignore. You BFL folks do much better while ignoring the rest of the world and patting each other on the backs.
I call the Bitcoin community those which seem to have embraced ASICMiner and Avalon chip offerings. They organize group buys of chips together and design PCBs to accommodate them. BFL however has lost all traction, their latest attempt at squeezing out more revenue was soundly ridiculed here. Even John K was loathe to act as an escrow for the terms BFL was offering.

I know I know, it is all a great conspiracy by the mods of bitcointalk and the Illuminati, so put us back on ignore and enjoy your echo chamber.

Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:22:03 AM

I got BFL's inform mail that my order was shipped. But I cannot find any tracking information on USPS's website.
pizza

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:34:17 AM

Yep BFL is irrelevant, a few months from now companies will be shipping 175-500GH/sec units, while BFL still struggles to ship Jalapenos. I got my popcorn for when Josh ends up in jail.
pizza

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:34:30 AM

I got BFL's inform mail that my order was shipped. But I cannot find any tracking information on USPS's website.

They lied
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:36:08 AM

Does anyone know how much a Jalapeno, if received right now, would earn a day in dollars? Just curious.
http://bit.ly/SoPGhd

According to the above $37.45 per day

Beautiful link! Have a beer! I love well crafted sarcasm.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: