Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:47:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin eventually disappear...  (Read 4226 times)
appleffi

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

One of a kind

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:40:04 PM

There will be a fixed number if Bitcoins, and people, because of human error, will accidentally lose Bitcoins every now and then.

This must mean that Bitcoin will eventually seize to exist? Or at least shrink to minimal amounts, when it shrinks to a certain level, it will no longer be useful.

Is this correct?

I believe that as long as there is still users left for bitcoin, it will not disappear. And although human error is inevitable, and the lost will just be catch by others and it goes on circles, this process is a common scenario in the bitcoin economy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:14:32 PM

There will be a fixed number if Bitcoins, and people, because of human error, will accidentally lose Bitcoins every now and then.

This must mean that Bitcoin will eventually seize to exist? Or at least shrink to minimal amounts, when it shrinks to a certain level, it will no longer be useful.

Is this correct?

People investing in bitcoins do so with a view to earning money, so that their price will continue to grow and there is no reason for fear of disappearing.

EddyGameta

Activity: 884
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:18:13 PM

The amount indeed will be less but will everyone be just carelessly losing a very valuable thing? if the amount of money in circulation is reduced but that is not a threat for Bitcoin, Bitcoin's value will be even more valuable than ever because of the fewer supplies while the market demand increasing .
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:21:41 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2017, 05:37:19 PM by BITDV

I think if the holders of Bitcoin carelessly losing their coins 1 by 1 then Bitcoin will meet its end because I doubt Bitcoin will succeed to be the exchange rate when the supply in the circulation is only in a small amount. Bitcoin will be abandoned by its users due to its limitations.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:38:55 PM

it could happen if the circulation of Bitcoin is really small that’s because the supply is small, as time goes on the amount of bitcoin one by one rotating in the circulation will be reduced by itself and only a few pieces will be left. but I'm sure there will be a soft fork from that small amount of Bitcoin.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:42:57 AM

Believe me, nothing lasts in this world, everything will disappear including bitcoin, I'm sure there will be hackers who mess up bitcoin or someday there is better coin than bitcoin so everyone leaves bitcoin and finally bitcoin disappear.
Why will you say you are sure of something that is likely not possible? I am still trying to get your perspective though, since you said everything will disappear and not just bitcoin. Sure, they always say nothing lasts forever, but the stakes presently are high and we cannot be so sure yet.

Moreover, the instances the OP mentioned will not make bitcoindisappear, we will only end up making do with what we have at the long run and at the value as at then. Those that are lost will not be so different than having something and holding it in my wallet without spending. Will that stop the ones already on ground from being spent?
choirunn

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:46:46 AM

the bitcoin price depends on the market demand, if market demand is high and bitcoin availability is limited the price will continue to rise more expensive, but if the market does not need bitcoin the price of the bitcoin may drop, but I think that is unlikely. bitcoin prices remain more expensive.
Milo_Kidd

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:55:59 AM

it could happen if the circulation of Bitcoin is really small that’s because the supply is small, as time goes on the amount of bitcoin one by one rotating in the circulation will be reduced by itself and only a few pieces will be left. but I'm sure there will be a soft fork from that small amount of Bitcoin.

For people are hold their bitcoin so that its price will rise. Because people wants to have or earn bitcion but there is only limited bitcoins to be mined or earned it will comes in the law of supply and demand. They will release their bitcoin when the exact high price reach as they want and they expected.

Kakawate

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:13:02 AM

Is this correct?

Yes what you said about some people losing bitcoin is true, and that the amount of bitcoin will definitely decrease and that there are only limited supplies of bitcoin out there. But I think you are forgetting something, that if people are demanding for bitcoin and there are a decrease of bitcoin, let say every year, then that would just make the price of bitcoin go up even more, and I don't have a problem with than. Still, bitcoin will remain on top and will continue to increase in value.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:35:22 AM

Is this correct?

It's partial true but partial wrong as well. Don't think about the bitcoin as whole entity but you can divide it surely into different units to which we call as satoshi, bits, etc. Which means in the alter time even if we are left with say 100 bitcoins then at that time the demand and supply math will lead to price of per bitcoin upto 100K USD which means we will have to use it in the smaller units just like we use the fiat currency.

So it won't get disappeared completely but it will be used in unti forms which will Cary same value as today.

Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:31:50 PM

Bitcoin has existed from over 8 years now and has been the predominant cryptocurrency in terms of price and volume of trade. Definitely, due to human error there has already been loss of millions of Bitcoins already worth billions of dollars today and this count could only increase by your idea. Everyone in the world can't commit the same mistake and lose their Bitcoin wallets so there will still be Bitcoin as long as users are careful with handling their moneys/wallets.
No doubt it is the long time the bitcoin is there since 2009 and till now the price of the bitcoin is very high and more and more people are holding and investing in the bitcoin, the point is that the money is good to invest and to have the high amount of the bitcoin in your life so I think as the time passing the believe of the people in the bitcoin is increasing and they are using the bitcoin for the high time now.
Risktaker31

Activity: 420
Merit: 134

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:46:11 PM

I think even if the bitcoin decreased by the years passed it wont still be actually disapperad forever because some of the people store their bitcoin on a safer wallets(hardware wallet). If the volume of the bitcoin decrease the value of it may pump or get a higher value. and the chance that the value increase some of the people who store it may sell it on the market to get a big profit for it .
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:50:30 PM

I think even if the bitcoin decreased by the years passed it wont still be actually disapperad forever because some of the people store their bitcoin on a safer wallets(hardware wallet). If the volume of the bitcoin decrease the value of it may pump or get a higher value. and the chance that the value increase some of the people who store it may sell it on the market to get a big profit for it .

I agree, and I also don't think Bitcoin will disappear but maybe it's value in time will increase but I highly doubt it will disappear. It had contributed and helped a lot of people, for sure those who are holding on to their bitcoins for a couple of years would agree because they are most likely holding on to bitcoins because they are all hoping its value will increase in time more than what its current price is at.
Skyshark

Activity: 505

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:06:22 PM

Is this correct?

I thinks most of what you have said are true, but I don't think that bitcoin will shrink and eventually lose its value. I Think the opposite will happen, it will just increase its value even more, or lets say that what you are saying happened in the future, then I think some altcoin would quickly take bitcoins place and rule the market.

ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:26:31 PM

Yes if the majority of bitcoin will be lose and was not retrieve posibilities are bitcoin can die in the curculation because of the fact that there are only limited bitcoins but I think bitcoin is spread througout the world that a lose of one person will not affect bitcoin supply and also the price can still increase to sustain the growing demand
Spain2000

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:44:52 PM

No I don’t agree because it’s very hard to disappear a living currency in a very short time and in the case of bitcoin it is growing now a days. People are become more trusting on this currency. People are more attached with this digital currency ad to say in a sense that bitcoin is the most strongest currency in this century,

▐ █ ██|    CRYPTONITY  ▐|   The Crypto Community Exchange  ▐|▐ █ █ ██
⚫  Whitepaper   ●⚫   Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018   ⚫●   ANN Thread  ⚫
Telegram  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Discord  ●  Reddit  ●  Medium  ●  LinkedIn
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:08:43 AM

If Bitcoin did disappear, so would a lot of people.  LOL. 
There is no chances about this conspiracy theory so many lives are connected to bitcoin and if eventually this will happen so many people will come onto the roads and there will be very difficult for their government to negotiate their loss and there is only one way that bitcoin disappear “no internet no humans on earth”, bitcoin will bless people till apocalypse.
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:03:13 PM

Is this correct?

I thinks most of what you have said are true, but I don't think that bitcoin will shrink and eventually lose its value. I Think the opposite will happen, it will just increase its value even more, or lets say that what you are saying happened in the future, then I think some altcoin would quickly take bitcoins place and rule the market.
There is nearly impossible that such an influenced and most valuable coin of era disappear like this there is no logic behind that bitcoin has developed itself so strong that nobody can harm it, it is not just currency it is just a life style and it will ends with the end of the world and as there are people o earth they will keep using it and will be getting benefits from it.

Turkiwi

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:20:49 PM

Bitcoin is the most unlikely currency to dissapear. It's essentially build in a way, that it's distributed to everyone WORLDWIDE, which means everyone is a part of the currency. So if you want to bring BTC down you have to bring first down everyone who uses it, which in FIAT terms that would be a country. But in BTC terms that a international community spread to all corners of the world! How do you destroy that? We are everyone and everywhere, no one has the upper hand in BTC (maybe namakoto, but he's the man anyway), which makes it one if not the safest currency in the world (albeit volatile... for now)
Iveyalla

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:27:16 PM

Bitcoin developers will continue to innovate with all the possibilities that will happen in the future. Such as segwit or splitfork. It's one of developers' innovations on the latest bitcoin conditions. So, potential bitcoin be disappear is impossible to happen.

BITCOINTALKTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ●  DISCORD
  SEDO POW TOKEN    DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM BASED  ON BLOCKCHAIN
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: