Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:43:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion thread for my upcoming German property auction.  (Read 5581 times)
bitcoin_bob (OP)

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 08:57:27 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2013, 09:11:15 PM by bitcoin_bob

Hi guys,

This is the discussion thread for my German property auction, here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=222896.0. Please use it for comments on the auction, many thanks.

Bob.
flavius

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

welcome to riches

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 09:17:09 PM

who cares?... just seems like you're trying to be an attention whore. none of us are interested

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
bitcoin_bob (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 09:49:34 PM

who cares?... just seems like you're trying to be an attention whore. none of us are interested

I am 11.

*pats on head* aww, you are cute.
Jobe7

Activity: 238

Now they are thinking what to do with me

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:06:51 PM

Just dropping in a "hello" and to add that to help alleviate fears I will getting the green 'donation' tag over the next few days, which is 10 btc, or just under £850 (or $1,300 depending on how you wish to look at it).

I am also a Lifetime Bitcoin Foundation Member, a Fellow with the Bitcoin Education Project (you'll see the start of my lectures soon) and a member of the Ludwig von Mises Institute, also I recently got a mention on RT News (Prime Interest), though as my 'Bitcoin alias', Bitcoin Jobe. I am also Bitcoin Jobe on facebook & twitter.

If you're a serious bidder and want more personal information, pm me. If its deemed really needed I'll post openly, but obviously I'd prefer not to plaster my personal details in these forums.
flavius

Activity: 154

welcome to riches

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:09:21 PM

I am 11.

Hey guys, I'm selling a bitcoin.

Let me open up a new thread just so you guys can discuss it, because I'm sure it matters to anyone.

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:15:17 PM

I am 11.

Hey guys, I'm selling a bitcoin.

Let me open up a new thread just so you guys can discuss it, because I'm sure it matters to anyone.

It's understandable to open a entirely new thread, auction is for placing bids, now when people keep asking questions, it becomes difficult to find the bids if you are interested in bidding. The OP is doing what he thinks would be easier for him & others to place/review bids.

Anyway, I'm glad to see this back up and being auctioned. I'm in full time education sadly, so I don't think I would have the time or money to develop this property further. I'm interested in the final bid, and may place a bid and let my family members take the project on until I get enough time to carry on the project (obviously the project would be under my supervision).

Although, I'm hoping people do bid. Instead of reacting like the one guy did above, I hope you get a reasonable amount for the house, not just a few BTC.
I wish you good luck, and I will be watching....

EDIT: You might want to put a minimum age, 11 is....young and shouldn't be considered. (I think it would stop people from trolling.)
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:47:57 PM

This is not the same house as earlier, is it?  It seems to be in a different location.

If this is a different house, are the photos of the interior available?
Jobe7

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:55:17 PM

Good suggestion on the age requirement, normally one would think it was common sense, but ye, you have a very valid reason to point this out. And ye, I suggested this alternative thread to Bitcoin_Bob to carry conversations and questions (and for people like flavius).

Yes it is a different house. We shall have to wait on Bitcoin_Bob to see if there are any internal pictures. Though I fully imagine that it needs a fair bit of work inside also.

I am thinking you're curious as to the inside because of rooms? walls? etc?
bitcoin_bob (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:09:56 PM

This is not the same house as earlier, is it?  It seems to be in a different location.

If this is a different house, are the photos of the interior available?

It is a different house- a friend of mine heard what i tried and said she would like try it with her old house. There are not any interior photos, Im sorry- this is what I have. Its basically a sale for someone to invest in the land- the property is pretty much a shell from what I know if it.

Value is circa 5 euros per M2 which is the assessed value locally for land. the plot is 992M2, which equates to the land value being basically 4960 euros.

chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:59:48 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 12:10:03 AM by chsados

Why wait till Wed?

I Bid BTC8 (~$1000)
Jobe7

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:13:30 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 08:56:37 AM by Jobe7

Why wait till Wed?

I Bid BTC8 (~$1000)

To give people a chance to see the auction, ask questions and to bid.

Wait until Wednesday.
jhansen858

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:12:59 AM

Try as I might, I cant find the house on google earth.  Or the town, or anything.

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
YaCoinYeah

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:19:13 AM

I'd bid if you will allow John to escrow (the moderator). This guy with 300 posts will not suffice.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:07:04 AM

Try as I might, I cant find the house on google earth.  Or the town, or anything.

I found the town pretty easily in google maps, and then the location using the plot map in the other thread.

http://goo.gl/maps/LA6EY

Sadly, no Google Street View of this town.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 07:54:37 AM

I am 11.

Yeah this is like the 10th thread about this ...

hasn't it been auctioned off like 5 times but everytime the offer is retracted after the auction ends?

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Jobe7

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:51:48 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 10:26:52 AM by Jobe7

hasn't it been auctioned off like 5 times but everytime the offer is retracted after the auction ends?

Please point out where the 5 or so times it has been previously auction.

It's the 1st time this place has been auctioned. Previously he tried to auction his gf's grandfathers house, the auction didn't go very well, he wasn't used to what some might consider, the typical reaction, from a lot of forum users here.

As to me being an escrow, that is entirely up to the winner of the auction and the seller to decide, I just stepped up when no one else was able/willing to, and as mentioned, I'm happy to give whatever details required to the winner, if it is decided to use me as an escrow.

I'm not going to pay the 10 btc donation at these forums at this time, as £850 just for a green tag and to give people more confidence just isn't worth it when I'm not even sure whether I'll be used as an escrow.

Seeing as his previous auction (a few weeks ago) was cancelled, this is still the 1st house ever auctioned for Bitcoins.

And, to be quite honest, it's a house .. if you don't want an escrow, you can transfer the Bitcoins at the point of sale, where you've signed the legal documents, talked to the lawyer, have the house legally in your name, then transfer the Bitcoins.

But people complained a lot last time (one might assume that they've never brought a house before), hence why the escrow service is offered this time.

This guy with 300 posts will not suffice.

If you're basing validity to be an escrow on the number of posts someones made, then you will most definitely be scammed at some point or another. The number of posts someones made should be the LAST thing you base your trust on. I understand your reasoning, but honestly, the number of posts someones made should NOT be your basis of trust.

John was apparently approached, but was too busy.

Edit: I will donate the 10 btc for the tag if I can convince theymos to allow some kind of verification to be implemented for those that choose it to help give those (like myself) who are trying to legitimately assist in the Bitcoin economy, to have proper credibility in these forums. Otherwise I don't see the point of the donating tag as people can scam with that regardless, I'd prefer to give/have more verification for myself.
lunarboy

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:20:39 PM

Suggest people quote the last bid in their current bid to prevent people from changing posts or bids after the fact.
zxyzxy

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:36:00 PM

hey, i would like to ask when will the auction end? i kind of maybe missed that in the original thread?
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:40:06 PM

hey, i would like to ask when will the auction end? i kind of maybe missed that in the original thread?

Reserve: None. Start: Wednesday 15:00 Noon, UTC. End: Saturday 15:00, UTC, or if the Buyout is reached.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:42:14 PM

Yeah this is like the 10th thread about this ...

It's different house and he posted discussion thread to avoid,flaming and separate discussions from auction thread.

@Bitcoinbob. Goodluck dude.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: