Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:37:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Review of EUR-accepting BTC exchangers  (Read 1262 times)
woodrake (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 09:29:17 PM

Hey folks,

I have been through the mill in recent weeks purchasing significant quantities of BTC (circa 8,000 EUR worth). I have been a long-time user of Intersango (though not very active until recently) but decided to try out BTC-E since they tend to have a more active market and often better rates (Intersango's BTC/EUR price has often been poor).

I made 2,000 EUR transfers to each of them on Monday 20th via international bank transfer. In the case of BTC-E I went via their payments partner, Perfect Money, who in turn use XML gold for actual deposits.

After a few days of nothing happening and asking on here, and getting some disturbing reports about Intersango, I also opened an account with Bitstamp and sent them a transfer on the Wednesday.

I opened tickets with Perfect money and Intersango chasing my payments around the same time. Perfect money bounced me on to XML gold, and eventually they did find my transfer on the 30th(!), after my prodding. When the money did arrive with Perfect Money it was less a 3% handling charge, and then another ~3% charge to get the funds into BTC-E! I won't be using them again and strongly do not recommend.

Intersango processed the payment on the 28th. They did actually get the funds on the Friday but for some reason waited until after the British bank holiday.

As if the delay was not bad enough with Intersango, I have been having huge problems actually getting BTC out. You seem to have to keep cancelling and re-creating withdrawal orders. I had a ticket about it opened on about the 21st and later that week they said they'd fixed an issue, but a couple of days ago I was having the same problem; withdrawal requests stalled on status "Requested". Again, I shall not be using them any more!

By contrast, Bitstamp and been superb. My payments were credited on the day of receipt (ie. usually next day - international transfers are instant!!) and withdrawing has similarly been instant (the confirms being the only delay of course). For anyone in the UK like me or Europe I recommend Bitstamp.

Finally, I did also try transferring a small amount via VirWoX (you can buy SL Linded then buy BTC with them). The net exchange rate was utterly atrocious and you can only move small amounts that way. Again - do not do this!!

Anyway, I hope that some others can be spared the hassle I've gone through in my n00bish fumblings. :p

Kate.

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:04:14 PM

Stay away from Interscamgo and Bitstamp has nice ways to rip you off with fees when trading. BTC-E ... oh well..

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:51:56 PM

So welcome to Bitcoin.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 08:03:56 PM

Intersango have a bad reputation. They were involved in the bitcoinica cluster-scam and according to this board they stole a bunch of USD. I used to use them but I would not any more.

Mtgox trade EUR but they are not trustworthy. They won't give me my 4K EUR, cancel my withdrawal, or even communicate with me about it. Plus they lie about how long SEPA transfers take.

Bitcoin.de seems like the best of the bunch from what I've seen. They are a marketplace and escrow BTC instead of an exchange so they don't really get the opportunity to rip people off.

EDIT: Also btc-e has been known to lose deposits and their troll-box is an endless cause of security problems.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 08:05:41 PM

webmoney does Bitcoin <-> EUR for a smallish fee.
last time i looked there wasnt really a market for it though, but that might have changed.

where are you located? does it HAVE to be an exchange?
Zoiner

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 05:12:31 PM

Extracting funds only (never have deposited anything)

I have used intersango a couple of years ago but they are now useless.

MTGOX too slow with Euro but quicker (at cost via OKPAY)

Virwox & SLL very messy but will do at a pinch.

Bitstamp is FAST on SEPA and although their fee structure seems peculiar, I feel less ripped off than with all the aforementioned.

https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?referral_id=648-281
The QR code in my picture is not me but a worthwhile software.
LWwhT53CdLsSaenoMy2AqhwsxL5MMFmwWY
woodrake (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 04:26:40 PM

webmoney does Bitcoin <-> EUR for a smallish fee.
last time i looked there wasnt really a market for it though, but that might have changed.

where are you located? does it HAVE to be an exchange?

I'm in the UK, but SEPA or normal international transfers are fine for me. Most intermediary services (like Perfect Money and Web money) seem to charge huge fees. I'd much rather be depositing directly into the accounts of the exchange, hence why I like Bitstamp (and used to like Intersango).

Kate.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: