Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:08:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you look for when buying new coins?  (Read 1024 times)
f1tz14 (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:55:38 AM

Wanted to see what long and short term speculators look for before they take the plunge and buy into current and new coins/tokens?

I know there is variable factors including circ, volumes, chart analysis but wanted to get some
inputand successes he community has had in such a volatile environment.

Thanks!
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:56:38 AM

most people just look at the social media and jump in whatever is hot and whatever others are telling them to buy. that is why most of them lose most of the time!

i am no expert but what i look for is fist the chart, to see how that coin is doing. sometimes there are deal breakers for me like if the coin was recently pumped and if i see the price in a bubble.
if i don't, then it is a good investment chance. then i look for the hype. that is the social media to see if it has anything coming to it in the future which can indicate a pump.

of course there is a riskier way that i have been messing around with and that is watching the market every second and as soon as you see a rise, you jump in and enjoy the ride.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:59:33 AM

I think people will jump from one coin to other to make quick profits with seeing the potential about the coin. But for me, I always research the coin is being supported by the community or not. At the same time at the time ICO, whether the coin has been sold in short period of time, means then the will surely have potential.
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:02:34 PM

I read the coin's whitepaper and check the community behind it.
I also search if there's already a coin with the same idea and if so why it failed and could be improved.
For extra confirmation if the coin is good priced, I do some calculations to see what the price would be if the supply was equal to that of Bitcoin.
f1tz14 (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:06:20 PM

most people just look at the social media and jump in whatever is hot and whatever others are telling them to buy. that is why most of them lose most of the time!

i am no expert but what i look for is fist the chart, to see how that coin is doing. sometimes there are deal breakers for me like if the coin was recently pumped and if i see the price in a bubble.
if i don't, then it is a good investment chance. then i look for the hype. that is the social media to see if it has anything coming to it in the future which can indicate a pump.

of course there is a riskier way that i have been messing around with and that is watching the market every second and as soon as you see a rise, you jump in and enjoy the ride.

Thanks for the insight and lol, me too on your last point but get really obsessive on a day-to-day basis as the markets are so volatile (and makes me go blind!) Is so hard to try and read the markets either way and have started to dabble, hoping I can learn how to read the pumps better!
f1tz14 (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:07:58 PM

I think people will jump from one coin to other to make quick profits with seeing the potential about the coin. But for me, I always research the coin is being supported by the community or not. At the same time at the time ICO, whether the coin has been sold in short period of time, means then the will surely have potential.

Didn't even think about the post ICO signs, have only invested in one so far which was prob a bad idea, thanks for the response as is really useful to get ideas from the community here.
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:12:26 PM

Wanted to see what long and short term speculators look for before they take the plunge and buy into current and new coins/tokens?

I know there is variable factors including circ, volumes, chart analysis but wanted to get some

Thanks!

support behind is also important mate, noticing how dev will make a wall in order not to being played by whales sometime if you really looking for quality
project you will also look deeper from the chart allowing yourself to understand that dev really cares about his creation, I always check updates and future
plans from the team and see if they really making good movements so the promise can be fulfill not as quick as PND but realistic movements from the support.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
f1tz14 (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:12:35 PM

I also search if there's already a coin with the same idea and if so why it failed and could be improved.
For extra confirmation if the coin is good priced, I do some calculations to see what the price would be if the supply was equal to that of Bitcoin.

Really really good way to assess buys (particularly like the comparison with b/c), cheers for that is really good food for thought!
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:14:18 PM

Thanks!

Everyone will check the ICO coins with the promotion variation and complete information passed in the slack channel and then they will look out the whitepaper and its details in the forum.
You have to be aware before investing on any ICO because you may get scammed by anyone who scamming in the way of new ICO.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:17:26 PM

i think for new coins there is big gap for the price so we can trading with fast but be careful, sometimes the price is trapped us in high price because i have seen this before. i always take a look for 5 minutes trading for new coins and i think its enough to see how much big the different and with some step, i think we can make profit by following the price  Grin

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Bittoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:32:35 PM

1. I check first that the market cap is of a certain coin not lower than ~25.000.000$ (below there are too many scams and shitcoins) and not higher than 50.000.000$ because a too high market cap means that the coin cannot grow enough (e.g. x100). Look at coinmarketcap.

2. Now I check what the people in the forum, on steem, reddit and other social media write about this coin

3. One of the most important things is to check how active the developers are (e.g. in coingecko.com), reading whitepapers, etc..

3. Then I check on coinmarketcap where to get this coin (is it available at many exchanges or just a single one?)

This is no guarantee to select only the best coins but should help to prevent total hopeless coins.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:43:30 PM

I always have a look at the total supply and the circulation supply. If the total supply is too high you should always watch out Wink I prefer coins that are still under 1 mio Mcap and showing up some nice stuff Wink Elix was one of that coins the last days. But I am still hin, its a great project!
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:51:29 PM

Thanks!

First, thou must check its resitance via checking its chart and identify the value if stability. Once you determined it already, you know how will it go for the next couple of hours/days as expcted. Through this technique, you can make profit at a short time of period.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
aaroc90

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:00:32 PM

market cap is very important but the roadmap and upcoming updates are very important for me.

For example Lisk has been falling a lot recently but I know there is rebranding coming soon, same for siacoin, falling but big announcements on the way.

I would say current price(marketcap)and roadmaps/updates

Pigzbe
⇐ ● Pigzbe is a piggy-wallet powered by a family-friendly cryptocurrency ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK  ○ ○ ○
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:00:41 PM

This answer can direct many new users! Well formulated brief could guide and give some knowledge about! Regards.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
PPleaseman

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:05:35 PM

At first i was looking for fundamentals (Team, Vision, Company), now i have a some nice (hopefully) successfull projects (i will rebalance if needed)

Lately i tried putting my ear to the ground (hust reddit, biz hust) and i got some pumps, dont know if this are serious projects

Cheers
ico_reviews

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

ICO reviews through objective analysis

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 05:12:47 PM

Well, as small investors ourselves we like to do a thorough check on why that specific token will be the next thing. That's how we got to doing reviews - for ourselves and for others like us and you to read and make an informed decision. The most important thing is that we're always objective.

https://cryptorated.com
d3nz

Activity: 1302
Merit: 264

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:15:35 PM

Thanks!

First of all, you need to check their roadmap and what is the future plan for the project. And of course you need to check who is behind this project.

It is easy to buy new coins but you will also need to check the chart history and most important the 24hr Volume, you will see if people just wanting to do trading on this volumes and how much money thwy spend on it. I would recommend to see the features of that peoject before buying their coin/token.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
PANK21

Activity: 342
Merit: 108

Bounty Detective

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:16:49 PM

Well First of all I'll look for the value of the coin in the marketplace, then its volume , how is the exchange rate of the coin. If the value of the coin is high then maybe its has a potential to be in demand for all the investors and buyers . I also looks for the exchanger site of the new coin cause some sites nowadays are most likely scam and we must be aware of it.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
zhukovt34

Activity: 225

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:20:51 PM

For me, idea, team, what is project looking to resolve,
road map, exchange presence

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All