Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:53:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you look for when buying new coins?  (Read 1024 times)
flntyey

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:36:56 PM

White paper and comminity support  Smiley
Turkiwi

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:24:57 PM

the team is IMO the most imporant thing. If the team backing the coin is good, they'll can get my money! The idea is extremely imporant as well, if that something new or if it already exists in the market, and if it does exist what does it offer than the competitiion doesn't. Make sure to read the whitepaper / technical paper to understand the tech behind their idea, and see if you're still interested after that in it
Quantex

Activity: 90

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:16:34 PM

Wanted to see what long and short term speculators look for before they take the plunge and buy into current and new coins/tokens?

I know there is variable factors including circ, volumes, chart analysis but wanted to get some
inputand successes he community has had in such a volatile environment.

Thanks!

I'm looking for a scalable idea which can be applied to the whole world. I also want a project to be realized in a real product. These are my important fundamentals to consider a project.
krazy89

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:05:26 PM

Metaverse ETP
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/metaverse/

Low supply     Check
Big developer check
Low price     double check
Exchanges    bitfinex ( nuff said ) theyre still negotiation with biggest exchanges .
Big community  Nope still under the radar , no one knows shit about etp

This is the coin you guys looking for  Cheesy
PranDoW

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:02:35 PM

Before buying a coin, I analyze it first. I look if some news from the developers. I consult with friends who are engaged in the same.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:52:26 AM

If it's a brand new coin or an ICO then we need to look at a lot of factors, like white paper, team developer and the most important is the vision, if the coin already launched in exchanges, then I will look for the support enthusiasm, if a lot for people support the coin then in the future there will be a potential to become big

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
ViciousWarlock29

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:54:59 AM

Better to look on their plans. Their goals in the future. Also if they have a good team of developers and if they have a flawless white paper. Better to also look if they will be supported by the people.
krazy89

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:59:19 AM

Technology
The team
Community
felixpalm

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:51:36 AM

First I look at the technology and what purpose it will serve to a customer. Each coin has different features so in my opinion it is best to set up your portfolio in a manner that accommodates all purposes. There are other considerations including supply and the market cap, which will allow you to predict the growth of each coin depending on its supply and demand. I will tell you my portfolio and the reasons I chose these coins:

1. BTC (large transactions) - first to market, and will continue to hold the throne because it is the most widely accepted. You need this coin most of the time to buy other altcoins.

2. LTC (smaller transactions) - This coin is intended to work hand in hand with Bitcoin and the creator Charlie Lee has announced that many exciting features will be coming soon, and the possibility of many online merchants accepting this as a form of payment.

3. XSPEC (privacy) - I think with an ever increasing supply of internet connected devices and mass accumulation of data privacy will always be a concern. People want to protect their privacy and I think this coin has the best tech to do it. At its current supply/market cap, I think it has ENORMOUS room to grow especially considering the features that will supplement an already promising coin.

4. IOTA (device to device transactions) - Picture your car having a balance, that automatically sends payments for parking, or allows you to smoothly pay for gas at a gas station without having to pull out any credit cards or cash. Now imagine every internet connected device you have containing a balance that can communicate with other connected devices. I'm really excited for this one, but this is really long term.

5. XRP (banking) - This coin will for sure dominate any banking systems. I'm not too excited on the concept since it is centralized and the ridiculous supply doesn't allow for any huge growth, but I like having a diverse portfolio so I picked this for banks.
Maks123

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:58:18 AM

Wanted to see what long and short term speculators look for before they take the plunge and buy into current and new coins/tokens?

I know there is variable factors including circ, volumes, chart analysis but wanted to get some
inputand successes he community has had in such a volatile environment.

Thanks!

Of course, liquidity, code development and demand for it. And last but not least, the price, but it can greatly influence the decision. So each coin is like a complex mechanism, which one can not know at once on one of the indicators.

amaterazu

Activity: 407
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:48:59 AM

seen in the past as to whether the coins have many enthusiasts or not, if yes of course inevitably will rise. But if devotees are slightly better hadn't purchased it because the benefits will not be much.

█▐ ▏  DDCT  ▕ ▌   https://digitaldollarcoin.com/   ▕ ▌█
∎∎∎∎    The etherMillennium Coin of the Century    ∎∎∎∎
dragon695

Activity: 449
Merit: 103

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:09:41 PM

Actually, I have to research carefully before investing in new coins despite they can help me become richer. The first is the vision of the project. The second is the experience of team. The third is the method to do and the last the price of tokens,

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:41:30 PM

In buying coin, I make sure that it is listed in a reliable exchange.  Second, is to know the people behind the new coin and the purpose of the project. Thirdly, the roadmap should be clearly define and well stated.
beebee187

Activity: 256

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:59:19 PM

I always look for a few things. Active community and dev team are crucial for the success of any new coin. A well planned out road map for the coin. Also something that has real world usefulness. Then once I believe those criteria are met, I keep an eye on it and wait for a dip.

MEGATRON_S

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:19:21 PM

firstly the project must be realistic and have the potential, the more coins are sold the greater the chance that the coin will pick up the price, the main thing is how this project will consist in the real world and how it will develop at all, whether it has a prospect
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:37:22 AM

I think I will take a look their website, read about their project and if I can, I want to talk with the dev and asked everything that I want to them so I can have more additional info to decide to buy the coins or not. I think we can search all about the project and the dev with the team so it will help us to make the decision. besides that, we can see how good the coin in the exchange and if we can buy at a lower price then we have the opportunity to make a big profit in the future.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
heyspongebob

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:39:21 AM

The team, their website, the whitepaper, their feedback on this forum, price forecasts and reddit
loalvin

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:42:34 AM

I think the most important characteristics  I look for is the safety and demand the currency has, if it as a good backup, and the price has been going up steadily i do my research and after reading the appropriate amount of info on the coin i make the investment, always keeping in mind that this is a new comer and you should get overly excited. be patient and cool-headed.
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:44:07 PM

Good dev team that doesnt have behind them 10 previous coins,good idea that actualy makes a differnce and help current problems instead just erc-20 tokens.I try to stay away from shady projects without roadmap and with shity website,who are adviseres for that coin etc...
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:23:10 PM

For some people they look at how popular the coin is; if everyone is talking about it, they jump in. For others they look at what it provides, if it suit there interest, they invest. While other look at the developers; if they have a good history with digital coin, they hop in. Others, look at the investors, if there are renowned or known popular investors investing in the coin; they invest. It depends on which you fall into.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: