Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:06:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you look for when buying new coins?  (Read 1024 times)
Sweetbtc

Activity: 938
Merit: 503

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:13:36 PM

Wanted to see what long and short term speculators look for before they take the plunge and buy into current and new coins/tokens?

I know there is variable factors including circ, volumes, chart analysis but wanted to get some
inputand successes he community has had in such a volatile environment.

Thanks!

Development team, local and global support. Plus, like anything there are the trends. I would tell you to get behind a coin that promises to help the Las Vegas shooting victims right now, because whether it is trusted or not, that is the trend that will shoot the price up. Pokemon last year, Olympics, politics, whatever. These trends come and go and they produce huge profits for coins.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:39:57 PM

Buzz among the experts !!!

I do some research myself, but only buy when confirmed by my sifus Smiley
RAmondragon

Activity: 197
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:41:39 PM

I always look at price charts. Know when is the best time to buy. If price is cheap then go for it. Buy.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:32:42 PM

I always look at price charts. Know when is the best time to buy. If price is cheap then go for it. Buy.

looking on their price is also a good indicator on whether you buy them or not but you may also consider to take a quick look at their specs on whether they have the potential to succed or not because i notice most people had always failed to do it and that that is also the reason on  why they keep loosing  their investment or trades instead of earning a profit but overall if you think that you already know the coin like for example the coin is popular and always been recomended , then go for it.
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:36:34 PM

Look at the supply first no matter what if the supply it low and the price is also low invest in and hold for atleast 6 months. Now I'm not talking about coins listed on yobit but the top 50 coin if you find any such coin invest in it , one such coin is xvg or even trx.

Secondly look for the number of exchanges it is listed on if it is listed on 1-2 major exchanges invest in it because most likely it would expand and get listed on other major exchanges , but keep in mind they need to have active team and developers.
FredStringbet

Activity: 35
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:39:18 PM

For going long in new coins, I look for coins that solve a real life problem and/or do something considerably better/faster/cheaper than the existing benchmark coins.
If it doesn't meet these criteria a coin doesn't have much right to exist apart from being no more than pump and dump coin, which the majority of the coins are.
Akitot

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:57:41 PM

First is the price and the market value, that's the first I am looking at, Second is its number of user the more people involved with this coins are much more better and secured since they know it has also potential to grow, third is the supply if the coin supply is too much then its price value is possibley low but if the supply is just right then I go for it, and I always research on the net: top coins to invest/buy.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:07:50 PM

I just go through the growth chart of bitcoin, later will go through the list of exchanges in which the concern coin is listed. This will let us know the market capital and the circulation which is must for the further growth. On the whole most of the time I would go with low valued coins.
blitz18

Activity: 248

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:10:57 PM

I'm not an expert. So I just looked at the total amount of that coin. Look at the price and chart of the coin for 1-3 months. And if I see this coin can buy. I will buy it
Same here, Im always on to check their team has the capability to develop their project. The supply of the coins, the demand and the volume in these way I can able to identify if the coins is worth buying and holding for long term.
CryptRoller

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 03:40:18 PM

There are several factors. I look for volume and price, but I also look at community support and team activity to determine if it's a long-term or short-term investment.

[   eGOLD  M I N I N G   ]    Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
                                INVEST NOW                              
❪❪ WP | How it Works ❫❫   ◾ telegram  ◾ facebook  ◾ twitter
jlpabilonia

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:46:55 PM

Some people buy coins that has a good potential to pump up higher. if they think that coins will be successful in near future, people will buy it. they look to the chart to monitor the growth of that coins.
CrazyJoker

Activity: 689
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:58:50 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 08:32:50 PM by CrazyJoker

It’s better to pay attention on whitepaper. Team is important and their effort can be count in future success. Also for me as investor understandability and clarity of explanation play an important role. Sometimes team is too concentrated on their own interests and less tend to think about main audience. It is absolutely wrong
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:27:46 PM

Wanted to see what long and short term speculators look for before they take the plunge and buy into current and new coins/tokens?

I know there is variable factors including circ, volumes, chart analysis but wanted to get some

Thanks!

Technical analysis is very important in crypto currencies trading and you will need to understand how things work before you can actually make it big in crypto currencies trading. I do follow candlesticks formations including stockastic indications before placing any trade. I have tried to also follow some fundamentals news about bitcoin before investing into it.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:43:47 PM

Thanks!

Technical analysis is very important in crypto currencies trading and you will need to understand how things work before you can actually make it big in crypto currencies trading. I do follow candlesticks formations including stockastic indications before placing any trade. I have tried to also follow some fundamentals news about bitcoin before investing into it.

May I know! what you mean here about technical analysis about the crypto currency. If there is any process like tech analysis please share that to me via PM.
When you want to invest on the altcoins you can check the price chart and marketcap value to defines that whether they have the growth or not. If you want to invest on ICO projects, check the dev team information and white paper understand the complete knowledge about the project.
BigTeeths

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:11:22 AM

First, I check the total supply. I'm already out when I see them in billions. Next,they should have large numbers in volume and the community. Third is if there's an upcoming event or news that will trigger it's price to rise.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:48:59 AM

First, I check the total supply. I'm already out when I see them in billions. Next,they should have large numbers in volume and the community. Third is if there's an upcoming event or news that will trigger it's price to rise.

looking at the total supply is a good option to choose the coins and it is better to choose from small until medium so we still have a chance to make a profit. and sometimes, the upcoming event or news is really good for the coins because the price could be increased in one range so we can buy before the event or the news is come out and waiting until the price increase. but I think as long as the price is down, we have a good chance to see the price increase back later so I think it will only need a patient to wait the price is up again.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
letua

Activity: 160

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:22:34 AM

My speculations better look for the reflectivity of the project. Look the roadmap and not annoying members. The quality of projectwholeness.
yua_na

Activity: 434
Merit: 175

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:17:57 AM

Two thing i always look at :
1. Team behind development are they the real developer or just people with good marketing strategies. If behind the coin is the real developer like LTC, ETH, Swissborg, aeternity, quantum1net, qtum i will buy it.
2. The community behind it. Less cancer people inside community is better then many people with a lot of stressed and fud.
Zepp74

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:18:18 AM

I look at Market cap, Max coin supply, How old is the project, The community.
neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:46:06 AM

In general looking at market cap to seek cheap coins is enough. It guides you through overpriced coins and you don't waste time on them. Also I look for better exchanges as I don't trust smaller unknown ones.

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████