Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:05:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can i change my username here on BitcoinTalk forum?  (Read 668 times)
buyscriptnow (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:09:18 PM

Can i change my username here on BitcoinTalk forum?  Huh Huh Huh
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoolk

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:16:42 PM

i dont think so lets see
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:40:53 PM

No. To have the ability to change username you have to be a Staff or VIP member. Both ranks are not achievable basically, as I'm sure nobody would donate 50 BTC to the forum, especially when the forum doesn't need donation anymore.
SM23031997

Activity: 1092
Merit: 582

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:16:37 PM

Yes, 50 BTC is such a big amount that no one will like to donate only to change his username on the forum, Instead, log out from the forum and create a new account

Sorry to "invade" to OPs thread but I would like to ask CodyAlfaridzi about this

especially when the forum doesn't need donation anymore

Why is that?
The forum has other resources?
Yes, the forum has other resources now, the forum doesn't advertise anything using ad networks. Instead, theymos auction some ad space on the forum. There are 8 slots available to auction every month. For further details, you can check this thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2206667.0
unyil

Activity: 354
Merit: 103

sigs design service➜https://goo.gl/jhz4f8

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 05:26:58 PM

Yes you can change your username by paying 50 BTC Shocked
Q: I want to change my forum username. What should I do?
A: You can either donate 50 BTC to become a VIP or PM theymos asking to change your username (although he rarely accepts such requests nowadays).

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:36:43 PM

You can't.If you are not okay with becoming a donator,you can always start a new account with your preferred user-name and since you are only at a Junior level,this is the right time to.
Please lock the thread as your question is answered.
buyscriptnow (OP)

Activity: 164

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:23:14 AM

50 BTC to change username  Cheesy
Mo0nrocket

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:58:02 AM

Hello, I've found a way to change the username linked to a specific email address but my account was never used and therefore I'm not affected by old posts, activity or merit. I'm assuming this is not what you're looking for but I'll post my method anyway.

Go to: Profile > Account Related Settings > Change the email address: change the email address to a secondary one that you don't use.
Now your primary email address is freed up and you can use it to register a new account with a different username.

I personally did this because I wanted my primary email to be associated with my new username.
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:59:45 AM

Hello, I've found a way to change the username linked to a specific email address but my account was never used and therefore I'm not affected by old posts, activity or merit. I'm assuming this is not what you're looking for but I'll post my method anyway.

Go to: Profile > Account Related Settings > Change the email address: change the email address to a secondary one that you don't use.
Now your primary email address is freed up and you can use it to register a new account with a different username.

I personally did this because I wanted my primary email to be associated with my new username.

That just changes the email address which isn't public anyway unless you check the checkbox. The OP is looking to change his username which is displayed every time he posts.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:54:46 PM

50 BTC to change username  Cheesy
Actually, it's only 10 BTC, since Donators can change their names, too.
A real bargain Cool

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Cryptogodfather

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 01:58:22 PM

I guess, it's impossible Sad

fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:59:40 PM

I guess, it's impossible Sad

Actually can

Q: I want to change my forum username. What should I do?
A: You can either donate 50 BTC to become a VIP or PM theymos asking to change your username (although he rarely accepts such requests nowadays).

Mevz

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:30:45 PM

50 BTC to change username  Cheesy
Actually, it's only 10 BTC, since Donators can change their names, too.
A real bargain Cool

10 BTC is not so expensive at your times since 2009 maybe  Roll Eyes If your a trader at that time. I think you are the whales in this present era. Have you ever tried to change your username once ?

I don't know why I haven't seen a VIP member here on the forum joining on discussions anywere. Are they hiding or what? Just curious  Grin
shailkumari

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:11:07 PM

This option is available on most of the forums but it requires messaging the admin. Since, the staff here is busy with a lot of work, they might not have the time to fulfill these requests. Also, I think if some members do this. a lot of other members will also start making such requests even if they do not need it. Simple solution to the issue is to start with a new account with desired username but you will have to start from scratch.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:30:47 PM

I don't know why I haven't seen a VIP member here on the forum joining on discussions anywere. Are they hiding or what?
Most old VIP accounts were of businesses and have never been in regular use.
A bunch of VIPs left the forum for good to open up their own "crypto crypt".
A few accounts were hacked in 2016, AFAIR.
The last remnants are hardly ever active, and if so, in the "VIP lounge".

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:34:12 PM

As per the responses made here, this is something hard to achieve. But I think there must be an option to get this done by contacting a staff. This is because some people may have a genuine reason for this like their identity being revealed by their current username. Or in other cases, some members might want their username to go with the new project they are going to launch. I agree that this can overburden staff with more work but we can limit it to one request per year for one member.
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:12:19 PM

As per the responses made here, this is something hard to achieve. But I think there must be an option to get this done by contacting a staff. This is because some people may have a genuine reason for this like their identity being revealed by their current username. Or in other cases, some members might want their username to go with the new project they are going to launch. I agree that this can overburden staff with more work but we can limit it to one request per year for one member.
That is not necessarily to implement that changing username, in that case, you may hide from another name or having an impostor name like for example wearing for theymos name and start making foolishness from other members here.

Or in other cases, some members might want their username to go with the new project they are going to launch. I agree that this can overburden staff with more work but we can limit it to one request per year for one member.
You don't need to have change you Usermane just for join ICO's project, you can used wearing signature as a part of their campaign.
You can also buy Copper member they are given autorized to bring picture  here in forum, so it is really hard to accept that implementing of changing profile name is did not grant.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:16:13 PM

If you become a high profile member your chances of having your username changed increase dramatically. I saw that he recently changed the username of "Alia" due to apparent safety concerns about her old name. Maybe if you're in a similar position you might be eligible for a change, but I doubt it.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:23:45 PM

I will probably love my username the way it was at the first time I enter it here on the forum. If only Bitcoin is just a thousand penny just like back when then I wouldn't hesitate to donate and change my username or add something to it.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:36:38 PM

Yes! You can change but you need to become VIP member first by donating 50 btc here in the forum. Just a friendly advice, discontinue your plan of changing your username because it's not practical to spend a lot (50 btc is equal to 25M in Php) just to change your username. But if you insist then creating a new account is a better choice.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: