Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:33:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another ticker - Tick by Tick  (Read 12184 times)
Dhuum

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 12:09:57 AM

Awesomely done, man, I love it!

a few suggestions:

1) could you fix the check-box for show news so that it actually doesn't show news when unchecked?
2) Could you please add ASK SUM and BID SUM somewhere? (sorry if it's there and didn't see them.)
3) Could it be possible to resize the console? (either manually re sizable, or with a lines parameter in the options)
4) Could you add a feature to either or both take shots of the current graphs/save them?

Thanks for your hard work, it looks awesome and it works great!

Thank you for the feedback! It is very much appreciated. Glad you like the site. Obviously it is still very much a work in progress, and I am aware it could look much nicer.

As for your questions:

1) The show news checkbox is actually for the overlay on the main graph. For example, if you are viewing the default line graph, and select the 24 hour option, then check the "Show news" checkbox, you will see the red triangles at the bottom. You can then hover over these which gives you a tooltip of the news, and you can also click on them to take you directly to the webpage. However this does not work so well once you get out past 30 days, it appears to be a limitation of the plugin I am using. I can see where the confusion is though, perhaps I can add an option within the options page to hide the news ticker?

2) For sure! I have been meaning to add this. I'm not sure if I can get this added to the main page, it would be nice if the bottom depth graph could be toggled to show this.

3) Do you mean resize the whole screen? So perhaps it fits onto your screen more easily? Or would you like to resize specific parts of the screen, say one of the graphs or trades/order tables?

4) I can certainly look into this. I am using the flot graphing suite. I've just had a look into this and it does appear to be possible with a little jiggery pokery.

Thanks again for your feedback, I think I have enough extras to work on now for the next week or so Smiley

If anyone else has any feedback, or would like anything adding, let me know.

Thanks for your fast reply,

1) Cleared, thanks , yes it confused me, I thought it would toggle the news on/off. An option within options would be perfect ( I like customization)
2) Thank you!
3) I meant resize, the bottom part or footer, where it currently says connected and shows the version is pre-alpha, it just seems to take out a big chunk out of the site just for one line of info (there's a line that separates this "footer" from the rest or maybe it is just my browser displaying things incorrectly [Running on opera 17 over 1680*1200]), however If you could (in the long run) let us resize more sections that would be even better.
4) Awesome!
btcticker (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 10:24:26 PM

Awesomely done, man, I love it!

a few suggestions:

1) could you fix the check-box for show news so that it actually doesn't show news when unchecked?
2) Could you please add ASK SUM and BID SUM somewhere? (sorry if it's there and didn't see them.)
3) Could it be possible to resize the console? (either manually re sizable, or with a lines parameter in the options)
4) Could you add a feature to either or both take shots of the current graphs/save them?

Thanks for your hard work, it looks awesome and it works great!

Thank you for the feedback! It is very much appreciated. Glad you like the site. Obviously it is still very much a work in progress, and I am aware it could look much nicer.

As for your questions:

1) The show news checkbox is actually for the overlay on the main graph. For example, if you are viewing the default line graph, and select the 24 hour option, then check the "Show news" checkbox, you will see the red triangles at the bottom. You can then hover over these which gives you a tooltip of the news, and you can also click on them to take you directly to the webpage. However this does not work so well once you get out past 30 days, it appears to be a limitation of the plugin I am using. I can see where the confusion is though, perhaps I can add an option within the options page to hide the news ticker?

2) For sure! I have been meaning to add this. I'm not sure if I can get this added to the main page, it would be nice if the bottom depth graph could be toggled to show this.

3) Do you mean resize the whole screen? So perhaps it fits onto your screen more easily? Or would you like to resize specific parts of the screen, say one of the graphs or trades/order tables?

4) I can certainly look into this. I am using the flot graphing suite. I've just had a look into this and it does appear to be possible with a little jiggery pokery.

Thanks again for your feedback, I think I have enough extras to work on now for the next week or so Smiley

If anyone else has any feedback, or would like anything adding, let me know.

Thanks for your fast reply,

1) Cleared, thanks , yes it confused me, I thought it would toggle the news on/off. An option within options would be perfect ( I like customization)
2) Thank you!
3) I meant resize, the bottom part or footer, where it currently says connected and shows the version is pre-alpha, it just seems to take out a big chunk out of the site just for one line of info (there's a line that separates this "footer" from the rest or maybe it is just my browser displaying things incorrectly [Running on opera 17 over 1680*1200]), however If you could (in the long run) let us resize more sections that would be even better.
4) Awesome!

I've managed to sort out 2), and this has now been released. It does not currently update live however, I will fix this. Currently the data on the server is only generated every hour, I don't think this data changes massively minute to minute.

As you can see, this data only goes back a few days at the moment (when I first put the script live Smiley) but it will build up over time, and eventually I will restrict it to 7 days worth of info. There might be some issues with the accuracy of the data Smiley

I've not forgotten about the other points, I'll look into them asap.

Edit - I'm aware the GBP and EUR mtgox data has gaps, I think I've fixed this going forward.

Dhuum

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 01:41:36 AM

Nije job, keep it up!
btcticker (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:37:03 PM

Bought/Sold graph added....... Gives you a break down of the bought and sold volume over the current time period.

btcticker (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:10:41 PM

New page added with a combined view of the markets: http://bitcointicker.co/combined/

Site is taking a bit of a hammering at the moment, more hamsters will be found.

btcticker (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:23:41 PM

Depth graph changes are now animated. This may (more than likely) have bugs.

btcticker (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:07:22 PM

Code has been changed to receive updates from the new mtgox API.

btcticker (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:37:43 PM

Since I last posted here, I've added a new page to allow you to watch transactions in real time:

http://bitcointicker.co/transactions/

btcticker (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:17:13 PM

You can now also view recently found blocks at http://bitcointicker.co/transactions/

btcticker (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:14:42 PM

Live depth changes have now been implemented for bitstamp....

knightcoin

Activity: 238

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:20:13 PM

I know many visitors to this site come to this section of the forum for their daily speculation needs Smiley

Watch as we rise or fall, live, in all its flashing glory!

http://bitcointicker.co

I follow u ... but the traditional chats bit boring for me ... I really looking for something more funny and easy to read 

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
btcticker (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:03:15 PM

I know many visitors to this site come to this section of the forum for their daily speculation needs Smiley

Watch as we rise or fall, live, in all its flashing glory!

http://bitcointicker.co

I follow u ... but the traditional chats bit boring for me ... I really looking for something more funny and easy to read 

I completely agree the site could do with some design improvements.... Smiley Design isn't really my thing, as I sure you will agree. At the moment it's more functional that pleasing on the eye.

If you have any ideas, I'd be grateful to hear them. I'll be spending some time in the near future on trying to improve the overall look and feel. Could take a while..... Smiley

btcticker (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:21:43 PM

Live depth updates now added for btc-e...

btcticker (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:46:37 PM

Huobi finally added....... very likely there are bugs  Smiley

btcticker (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:14:34 PM

huobi added to the combined graph http://bitcointicker.co/combined/

btcticker (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:35:26 PM

Added bitfinex....

btcticker (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:46:36 PM

Added the past 60 min vol to the front page which updates every 15 seconds.

Means you don't have to click around to see where the action is.....

btcticker (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:04:52 PM

Bitstamp live depth updates have been improved. I believe these are now as up to date as they can be using the data that is available. As always, let me know if you see any bugs.... Smiley

btcticker (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 10:53:54 PM

Added http://bitcointicker.co/dashboard/

Looks slightly better and allows you to drag the boxes around, letting you make your own layout.

btcticker (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:01:19 PM

http://bitcointicker.co/dashboard/  - Graphs are now resizeable on the fly.   

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: