Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:27:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will centralized exchanges meet a demise like Mt. Gox?  (Read 213 times)
Swinging Phallus (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:29:24 PM

When bitcoin was forking into bitcoin cash the market went into insanity. The price of bitcoin nearly doubled in under a month and with this, bitcoin was taken as a huge threat. The SEC started investigating many centralized exchanges - most notably Bittrex. It seems so far that everything is running smoothly but I feel that this is a subtle foreshadowing of what might come. There is a residual feeling of uncertainty just reading Bittrex's report on the SEC investigation - a quote from the Bittrex report article says "We applaud the SEC in issuing its Digital Asset Investigative Report." Something is wrong here, why is a cryptocurrency exchange rejoicing in it's possible demise?
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
candy27

Activity: 104
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:36:47 PM

When bitcoin was forking into bitcoin cash the market went into insanity. The price of bitcoin nearly doubled in under a month and with this, bitcoin was taken as a huge threat. The SEC started investigating many centralized exchanges - most notably Bittrex. It seems so far that everything is running smoothly but I feel that this is a subtle foreshadowing of what might come. There is a residual feeling of uncertainty just reading Bittrex's report on the SEC investigation - a quote from the Bittrex report article says "We applaud the SEC in issuing its Digital Asset Investigative Report." Something is wrong here, why is a cryptocurrency exchange rejoicing in it's possible demise?

Source? I hadn't heard that Bittrex was being investigated at all.
bosses

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:46:42 PM

Well, I believe that the BITĖEX test was a good news for all of us. Trust in them will grow

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Swinging Phallus (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:11:03 PM

Source? I hadn't heard that Bittrex was being investigated at all.

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000798731-Regarding-the-recent-SEC-Digital-Asset-Investigative-Report
Str1x

Activity: 140
Merit: 33

Buy me a beer 13mVkBy6HVwKuNovaWzYdF27FB6pLqoJtr

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:16:34 PM

You can better be friends with your regulator than not. If the SEC wanted to investigate bitrex and close it down that would be worser than kissing their ... From what i can read from the article they applaud the SEC for the regulations around ICO's. T.b.h. it is a good safeguard for consumers to not fall in scam ICO's by somewhat regulating that side of the business. On the other hand regulators will never fully regulate the whole blockchain, so ICO's will pop from everywhere.

nitehawk

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Worldcore - Banking for the Future

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:18:00 PM

Not everything should be decentralized. All of the decentralized exchanges I have used so far have horrible interfaces and are not a pleasant experience.

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████
▀███   ████   ████   ██████       █████
 ███   █████   ███   ████████▄▄▄███████
  █   ██████   ███   █████████████████
      ███████       █████████████████
     ██████████▄▄▄█████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Worldcore
▄▄
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
▀▀  ██
    ██
    ▄▄
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ▀▀
██   
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:51:45 PM

Not everything should be decentralized. All of the decentralized exchanges I have used so far have horrible interfaces and are not a pleasant experience.

Maybe now. But the more regulations, laws, and rules are in place. The sooner everyone will be moving to decentralized exchanges.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
Swinging Phallus (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:19:34 PM

Same thing can be said about centralized exchanges when they first popped into existence. I think gradually there will be more and more progress.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: