Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:58:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 65 nm Chips - [BFL ACCEPTED 100% ESCROW by John K.] - Group Buy #1 - Kernel32  (Read 14745 times)
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:46:35 AM

If they come straight from the "fab" won't they still need to be "bumped" & "packaged"??

So you need to send them to another place or two........................or will the "fab" handle this??

BFL arranges the bumping and packaging at their contracted facilities, it's not handled by GloFo.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:33:01 AM

If they come straight from the "fab" won't they still need to be "bumped" & "packaged"??

So you need to send them to another place or two........................or will the "fab" handle this??

BFL arranges the bumping and packaging at their contracted facilities, it's not handled by GloFo.

The only bumping being done by BFL consists of white powder going into their noses, conveniently purchased from silkroad with all of your BTC. It's only a matter of time until josh goes out Scarface style.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 03:37:18 AM

The only bumping being done by BFL consists of white powder going into their noses, conveniently purchased from silkroad with all of your BTC. It's only a matter of time until josh goes out Scarface style.

Thats funny  Cheesy

I'm from Miami,fl & remember all that scarface stuff when it was going on,very scary Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
CtmanGer

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:41:29 AM

Whats the status?

Especially board development.
Chips alone are worth nothing. At least for me.
piit79

Activity: 336

Time for Plan ฿

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:51:44 AM

Whats the status?

Especially board development.
Chips alone are worth nothing. At least for me.
I don't think BFL have released any documentation for the chips so nothing can be done until they do...
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:00:21 AM

They like to keep people in perpetual suspense.  Cheesy
josiasrdz

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:13:23 AM

The documentation for the chips is going to take two more weeks  Tongue

17yN2CQsYGBd3jEcNcWQDua4sViVP7YmC1
driksson

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 12:07:38 PM

The documentation for the chips is going to take two more weeks  Tongue
Right, so without documentation, they can sell 1TH chips for all they care, without documentation how can they expect orders?
Will they send sample chips upon order placed? I believe this is the only way for board developers to be able to test their boards..
I have my doubts about this whole setup.. it just feels like, a SETUP!
Will follow though.
marto74

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 02:05:01 PM

Just wondering , what 100% escrow deal?

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
piit79

Time for Plan ฿

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:10:16 PM

How about reading the thread? Wink Basically, BFL accepted payment via escrow - they only get paid if they deliver by the deadline specified (100 days from order).
KS

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:14:56 PM

welcome to page 1! I mean 9!  Cheesy
marto74

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 02:29:29 PM

Why then the order is not open

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
KS

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:17:49 PM

Why then the order is not open

welcome to page 1! I mean 9! Cheesy

Bis repetita. See below, BFL made some changes, they're still talking though the details etc. (and... no documentation yet)

65 nm efficient BFL chips Group Buy under the conditions:

- BFL delives sample chips and datasheets to board developers on time previously agreed on. (two weeks- pending)

- BFL delives ordered chips in quality and on time previously agreed on. (100 days - accepted)

- They don't get the money if they don't deliver ON TIME. (100% ESCROW by John K. - accepted)

UPDATE 1: Josh/BFL accepted our escrow offer [June 06]

STATUS: GB not open yet, Refining deal with Josh, discussing board development options with burnin, Chris/BkkCoins (Klondike), allten and other community developers

We have now three lead community developers - burnin, Chris (Klondike) and allten - considering BFL chip board. Under some conditions of course. We may have the power to make this happen. (Or not.)

Random selection of BFL chips will be put trough hash test previous to ESCROW release. My Group Buyers either get quality on time or money back from John K. I know the idea of actually recieving a BFL product seems ridiculous, but two days ago a lot of people laughed at me about 100% escrow with BFL. The approach used now is different. No upfront, no shit policy.
Remember BFL needs the community to produce a mining board or they won't sell ... a single chip.[/b]

Original message by Josh:
Butterfly Labs will begin selling bulk chips to individuals and companies starting in June, 2013. Chip delivery schedule is approximately 100 days through end packaging once your order is placed. We will be providing reference documentation, reference design/schematics, and foundry receipt/documentation.

Grade A chips have 16 engines and will do 250 MHz comfortably, equating to 4 GH/s per chip.

Chips will be graded and priced as follows:

Grade A: 16 Engines - $97/chip
Grade B: 15 Engines - $93/chip
Grade C: 14 Engines - $89/chip

Grade D: 13 Engines or less - $83/chip

Our chips will be provided in minimum lots of 100 with the following price structure:

100 - 999 chips - Regular Price
1000 - 9999 chips - 5% discount
10,000 - 99,999 chips - 10% discount
100,000 or more - 20% discount

Chip orders will require 50% down and 50% upon order delivery. Payment can be made via BTC (preferred) or bank wire.

Advantages of BFL chips:

1/2 the power usage per GH as the closest competitor
1/10th the silicon area per GH as the closest competitor (Very high performance density)
You can use off the shelf heat sinks depending on your chip layout due to FCBGA package vs custom underside heat sinks as required on some QFN packages. You don't have to design and manufacture heat sinks!
Proven design currently operating in the field and ready to go.

Funds would be probably gathered in BTC as order takes place and incrased/decrased based on BTC to dollar fluctuation before hand-to-hand payment. No cost (full refund) bailout.

Let me know what do you think. I can try to negotiate our terms of deal if there is enough willing people behind me.

EDIT 1: I described the situation and conditions to BFL sales. Awaiting reply.

Greetings Butterfly Labs,

I represent some of the BitcoinTalk.org community members willing to buy your ASIC chips. There is demand and I expect a significant order if we manage to agree on some basic business terms.

We would like you to guarantee delivery date both sites agree on. 100 days for example with a small reserve for unexpected events. To make sure no other delays occur, John K. is willing to 100% escrow the transaction.

You can present your attitude to such conditions and propose your own to the community as email reply or directly by posting in the BFL Chips Group Buy Thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=223571

Thank you very much,
Kernel32
BitcoinTalk.org community member

EDIT 2: Josh/BFL agreed.

EDIT 3: Awaiting another reply to following proposal:

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your answer.

John K. already expressed his good will to do the escrow.

Where I can't get you any hard number on how many chips we will buy, it's certain that the community is willing to invest a lot in this.

To get the most interesting deal possible and all of the potential/undecided costumers involved, you could give them some guarantees, that way they can put any doubts behind. Could we agree on random chip selection hash test attended by our representative before escrow release? Community based board development is also a very good motivation. Are you able to arrange sample chips (even with only some cores working) and chip documentation delivery to (2-3) community lead developers in let's say two weeks?

As the the number of chips could be pretty high, let me please know what proportions of grade A, B, C .. chips are most beneficial for your company.

Thank you Josh,
Kernel32
BitcoinTalk.org community member
flowdab

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 06:50:21 PM

FWIW I've paid for an order of chips and have requested developer chips and reference docs. When I get those I will post the docs here and then send the chips to whichever dev's have the community's support and can put the time into actually producing an actual working board.

*Note - I don't want to hear how this is a stupid purchase. I've done my risk assessment and think this is a good commercial opportunity. If you disagree with that then please keep it to yourself.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 06:56:48 PM

FWIW I've paid for an order of chips and have requested developer chips and reference docs. When I get those I will post the docs here and then send the chips to whichever dev's have the community's support and can put the time into actually producing an actual working board.

*Note - I don't want to hear how this is a stupid purchase. I've done my risk assessment and think this is a good commercial opportunity. If you disagree with that then please keep it to yourself.

Or, if people think it is a bad purchase they could post it here and you could refrain from reading it. Unless you work for the NSA that is.  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
flowdab

Activity: 215

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:03:35 PM

Or, if people think it is a bad purchase they could post it here and you could refrain from reading it. Unless you work for the NSA that is.  Grin

Ha!

NSA: Not bad guys, just people with boring jobs who spend all day on the internet.
newmars

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:17:45 AM

when will Reference documentation be released to open source?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:22:01 AM

when will Reference documentation be released to open source?

Three to six weeks.  Wink
KS

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:54:24 AM

Good for you! Haters will be haters but if you have done your due diligence and think this is the right move for you, go for it. You make up you own decisions, not the crowd.
piit79

Time for Plan ฿

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 11:16:12 AM

*Note - I don't want to hear how this is a stupid purchase.
Man, that was a stupid purchase! Roll Eyes Nah, just kidding (you were asking for it Smiley )

There is often a very fine line between stupid and brave Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: