Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:50:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 65 nm Chips - [BFL ACCEPTED 100% ESCROW by John K.] - Group Buy #1 - Kernel32  (Read 14745 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:33:56 PM

I thing First they must fill all orders and after selling chips! This is not fair, this is not right...

Dude sorry to break it to you, but they are either doing this because;

1. They need to fund continued development of your pre-orders after months of set backs.
2. They aren't capable of developing your pre-orders and need to open source solutions.
3. They no longer want to develop your pre-orders.

I suggested 2. last week on this forum and I think it's the best route for them personally.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Exoskeleton

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:51:42 PM

I would never sink a penny into this idea for 100 reasons Im not going to bother to list. Im not sure why you think BFL will reserve chips for us with zero upfront payment to them. I don't know how you think your going to convince them to go along.

What do you think the chances are they will deliver in under 100 days? I think your going to waste your time. They won't go for it and this whole thing is a total waste of time for everyone involved. And this whole escrow thing will just tie up everyones money. John K is ready to pass on this and I don't blame him one bit.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:55:55 PM

I would never sink a penny into this idea for 100 reasons Im not going to bother to list. Im not sure why you think BFL will reserve chips for us with zero upfront payment to them. I don't know how you think your going to convince them to go along.

What do you think the chances are they will deliver in under 100 days? I think your going to waste your time. They won't go for it and this whole thing is a total waste of time for everyone involved. And this whole escrow thing will just tie up everyones money. John K is ready to pass on this and I don't blame him one bit.

You also need to consider the shady reasoning as to why this was announced on a Saturday afternoon...

Smacks of the corrupt BS Obama/US Gov does when he/they  wish the 'president' to sign a executive order on Christmas Day or over the weekend without objection. Actually means less grief come during the week when more people are around to voice protest. Let them digest it over a Saturday night and Sunday, surprise the rest come Monday, when it's old news...

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:58:08 PM

I wonder if this builds confidence in BFL pre-order customers or if that is like the last red sign before driving off a cliff?
Kernel32 (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

If you can't do something smart,do something right

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:03:58 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 10:08:33 PM by Kernel32

Scam. More money for BFL and 0 delivery... one more person to ignore and one more thread to ignore.
I'm not giving BFL any money. Read at least the first post please.

I'm trying to relocate leverages as we are the costumers and we should make the rules. Not supplier.

They like to waste time of customers that already paid. Why hurry? Let's change that and give them some motivation.

I wonder if this builds confidence in BFL pre-order customers or if that is like the last red sign before driving off a cliff?

I would be ****** as hell.  I have no big order pending at BFL. So I'm OK with the chips.

I thing First they must fill all orders and after selling chips! This is not fair, this is not right...

There are only a few things right about BFL.

1FqMyFU9CH3WST6oRsw6ZjJNZ5ScXANzqi
KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:11:46 PM

Scam. More money for BFL and 0 delivery... one more person to ignore and one more thread to ignore.

I'm trying to relocate leverages as we are the costumers and we should make the rules. Not supplier.

They like to waste time of customers that already paid. Why hurry? Let's change that.

Break a leg.

(just to make sure there is no language barrier, don't take offense plz, it's a positive reinforcement)
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:13:35 PM

They like to waste time of customers that already paid. Why hurry? Let's change that.

Break a leg.

(just to make sure there is no language barrier, don't take offense plz, it's a positive reinforcement)

Idiom meaning, "Good Luck" Wink

Kernel32 (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:13:45 PM

Thank you KS. Will do my best.

KS

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:14:47 PM

Break a leg.

Don't jinx it! Smiley
RandyFolds

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:36:06 PM

Holy fuck. The moneygrab has gone even bigger. Pure fucking madness to throw good money after bad.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:41:30 PM

No No and No

Come on dude are you joking?  BFL is joke that is all. I will trow my money in garbage but i will never buy a nut from BFL

That is my opinion

Best luck to all of BFL customers though

You are very right, that's why I intend to use money as leverage and don't give them a penny on preorder. (Other people did >> Horrible failure)

They could accept this if they are in need of money and board manufacturing is the bottleneck.

You sir, are doing it right.

Though, I don't think BFL will accept your terms...unfortunately.

But you have my full hearted blessings.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:42:59 PM

You would collect the full chip cost and pay BFL half (since they need 1/2 up front for an order), and  the remaining half would be in escrow?

No, giving money to BFL is same as throwing them away. Full hand-to-hand business is the only way with BFL. No upfront.

We are not sheep, we are the costumers and we make the rules. That's economy 101.

Give this guy the Trophy for BitCoinTalk 2013.

He got it right!
Kernel32 (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:47:57 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 06:14:52 PM by Kernel32

*IF* BFL would accept the conditions, they would probably deliver. Why bother to negotiate in case they can't or plan not to. There is nothing for them in it (contrary to they'r 50% upfront scheme - what a joke).

Though, I don't think BFL will accept your terms...unfortunately.

The odds are not too high. I'm aware of it. But at least we can show them, we are not bunch of idiots to get scammed over and over.

But you have my full hearted blessings.

Appritiate it.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:48:25 PM

I might be open to do this if there was a set period (say 1 month?) where BFL will have to release more proof on the issue like reference designs/chip examples etc, and a definite period where the escrow get released back to the buyers if BFL still does not ship. (say 100 days like they promised?)

Anyhow, I'm still waiting and watching this. I don't want people to get their coins tied up too long (and me increasing my risks of holding the coins even longer) if BFL keeps delaying. If anyone has a better idea of what's going on I'm all ears.  Smiley
Kernel32 (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:55:25 PM

I might be open to do this if there was a set period (say 1 month?) where BFL will have to release more proof on the issue like reference designs/chip examples etc, and a definite period where the escrow get released back to the buyers if BFL still does not ship. (say 100 days like they promised?)

Anyhow, I'm still waiting and watching this. I don't want people to get their coins tied up too long (and me increasing my risks of holding the coins even longer) if BFL keeps delaying. If anyone has a better idea of what's going on I'm all ears.  Smiley

Thank you for taking the time John.

I would maybe also add a condition of at least one capable board developer involved before any funds are collected. IF there is a reason to do so anyway. Wink

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:07:15 PM

Look, one huuuge issue is the lead time in developing a valid PCB and working prototype, seeing as BFL haven't managed one to opensource themselves either...!

They'd need to be supplying advance chips to DIY board developers to make this work in their favour...

F**k they need to do that to complete their existing pre-orders anyway!!

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:08:03 PM

Break a leg.

Don't jinx it! Smiley

Unfortunately, that genuinely was my nickname at uni.

Jinx's can be positive as well though...Wink

Exoskeleton

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:12:06 PM

I guess what Im trying to say is that I don't think the conditions that you are outlining above will be met. They will want the 50% and there will be no way for us to know if they will refund it or not in 100 days time when we ask. I'll be following this issue as well and its nice of you to humor this idea however unlikley some of us think it is to happen.
KGambler

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:50:27 PM

I think there is no chance that BFL will agree to this - none at all. 

BFL is desperate for cash.  Even if BFL had enough on-hand capital to accept, some existing customers would be tempted to cancel their existing pre-orders and post up with the chip escrow instead.  This whole idea is the direct opposite of what BFL is trying to achieve.

Good luck though.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:56:03 PM

Just on principle. Why would any buy a BFL product? Simply a NO! Let them rot. This is how you repay them for all the lies and BS. You simply don't buy any more of their products. There is no win win here. Let them rot on the vine that is what they deserve. Let them fulfill their contractual obligations and everyone can move on to be better products coming out right now.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: