Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:48:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you down to mining?  (Read 1395 times)
BladeRunner

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

Cheif Oompa Loompa.

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:16:09 PM

Bytecoins, she's a sleeper.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shields

Activity: 164

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:19:04 PM

WDC all the way.

If you liked this post -> 1KRYhandiYsjecZw7mtdLnoeuKUYoGRkH4
Badman0316

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:25:18 PM

bitgem Cheesy

BigDaddyWooWoo

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:13:26 PM

WDC.  A coin has to have more going for it than just profitability and mining.  I see a lot of work going on with development and promotion of WDC and building a fan base around it.  My perception at least is that it is  well thought out with the focus on becoming more that just something to mine and dump for BTC.  My belief is it has legs.

I mean think about why a coin like LTC has the value it has?  What can the average Joe do with it?  It only has the value is has because we say it does.  Crypto buyers and sellers all speculating.  I don't see any real use for it beyond the small cryptocurrency world we all live in.  The average person doesn't even know what cryptocurrency is let alone can he buy a tank of gas with it.  Hell, BTC is somewhat that way as well other than you are seeing it get some recognition in the real world and a few places are beginning to accept it as a form of payment.  What the hell makes it worth $120? Just cause we say. The market.

Mainstream is the key to winning the crypto wars.  The first crypto who can figure out how to get Suzy Homemaker carrying around a crypto debit card is the winner, no matter what.  At least in my mind I see WDC as understanding that distinction.  It may not mean anything and I may be all wet but that's why I'm going hard on the WDC. 
GR1P

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:17:30 PM

WDC.  A coin has to have more going for it than just profitability and mining.  I see a lot of work going on with development and promotion of WDC and building a fan base around it.  My perception at least is that it is  well thought out with the focus on becoming more that just something to mine and dump for BTC.  My belief is it has legs.

I mean think about why a coin like LTC has the value it has?  What can the average Joe do with it?  It only has the value is has because we say it does.  Crypto buyers and sellers all speculating.  I don't see any real use for it beyond the small cryptocurrency world we all live in.  The average person doesn't even know what cryptocurrency is let alone can he buy a tank of gas with it.  Hell, BTC is somewhat that way as well other than you are seeing it get some recognition in the real world and a few places are beginning to accept it as a form of payment.  What the hell makes it worth $120? Just cause we say. The market.

Mainstream is the key to winning the crypto wars.  The first crypto who can figure out how to get Suzy Homemaker carrying around a crypto debit card is the winner, no matter what.  At least in my mind I see WDC as understanding that distinction.  It may not mean anything and I may be all wet but that's why I'm going hard on the WDC. 

+1

I mine WDC + DGC as both have the same things going for them at the moment
GSnak

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:08:53 AM

BTC merge mined. Most alts are now less profitable, even with that net from 3000GH/s is now about $270 a month, and with the massive hash increase in BTC that will soon fall and mining pretty much anything will be pointless (and BTC $ is crashing).
BlazinBeaches

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:35:07 AM

I'm sticking with Worldcoin and Digitalcoin at the moment.  Been mining both for a couple weeks now, selling half and keeping half.

Am also sitting on some YAC and Goldcoin that I'm going to hold for a while.
anderl (OP)

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:44:08 AM

BTC merge mined. Most alts are now less profitable, even with that net from 3000GH/s is now about $270 a month, and with the massive hash increase in BTC that will soon fall and mining pretty much anything will be pointless (and BTC $ is crashing).

interesting.  I was under the same impression.  I assumed that when btc difficulty shot up that the last of the gpu miners would stop mining btc.  but what if this is the point in time when sha and scrypt coins finally decouple, in that they are more freely traded.  we already see that in many of he alts out there that they trade somewhat independently of each other.  maybe we leave bitcoin to the few asic owners and let them fight it out until there is only one (highlander style).  then we see how strong of a network bitcoin really is when only 10% of the miners control 90% of the hashing power.

When if scrypt coins are finally free to make their own future?
DMIS

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 02:56:41 AM

+1

Im throwing some hashes at WDC ATM, I do see potential in that coin; so far it was very stable when it came to mining profitability, also the price after the initial dump seems stable and actually rising a liltle bit recently. The network hash rate is pretty stable too that means there's already a base of miners who will keep the network going and in connection with difficulty retarget the coin will always have fast transaction speeds. The developers work on improvements on the coin and there were announcements about an improved wallet coming out in a few days. There is also a strong community forming around WDC and IMO this coin could be the winner in alt crypto race, time will show. For me personally I would rather have fast confirms in a matter of seconds than wait for them for a long time like it is with other cryptos. I would rather pay with this coin for all of my online transactions than use BTC or CC. This coin opens new doors for a crypto coin the doors to day to day fast usage.

WDC FTW!!!
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 03:01:20 AM

GoldCoin!!
sal002

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 03:31:26 AM

I suppose in a roundabout way. Everyone can chase the values of these coins in an attempt to always make the most profit or lock in to one or two for the long run. BTC and LTC have had long runs at valuation and a steady market place. None of the alt alts yet have stability; if DGC/WLD/etc suddenly have a negative movement on Coinchoose (maybe due to a diff adjust or exchange outage) people will bandwagon it to the next coin. This may change as these alts grow but I don't see it happening.
CoinChoose is horrible. Crypto is long term. How long were LTC and BTC next to worthless? I think, if one of these coins do rise, there's going to be a lot of people, smacking them selves in the face. But, they could all tank to zero, you never know. I believe, the best strategy, is as the guy said before, sell enough to cover your mining expenses, and hold on to some, just in case.

Really CoinChoose has one purpose - if you are set on having BTC (or LTC with the second chart), then what should I mine right now to get me the most in that crypto-currency?  Basically, if you are looking at which currency to mine for other reasons (infrastructure, features, etc), and really aren't set on BTC, LTC - COinChoose / DustCoin / CoinWarez / WhatCoinToMine, etc, are really useless.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 03:44:29 AM

Same as always: Just bitcoin.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
xan_The_Dragon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I AM A DRAGON

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:59:01 AM

me? ihave 25 mhs for sha im pointing atmerged min8ing an 6 khs im pointing at coins for fun

MfFMEpgL5Ma9C2yw6iSsSX4QcbSVzjm6iK
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 06:03:19 AM

me? ihave 25 mhs for sha im pointing atmerged min8ing an 6 khs im pointing at coins for fun

Please send some hashpower this way. Pm me for address Ill pay shipping even!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: