Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:18:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My portofolio, thoughts and tips?  (Read 585 times)
whiteribbon (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:30:02 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm new here so if i posted in the wrong place please move my post.

I started buying cryptocurrencies 3 months ago, right at the wrong time, i know. I did have some bitcoin many years ago but that was during the mtgox period so lost it all and forgot about it.

I just want to have some comments and recommendations about the current portofolio that I have now. Please keep in mind that I'm actively using Bitcoin now so the amounts are not exact, but close.If I could use the other coins I would do too (and top up what I use of course) but the opportunities are just not there yet.

I would like to diversify into 1 other coin, looking at what I already have, what would you recommend?

http://i66.tinypic.com/351zw9y.png
scriptcoder

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:32:10 PM

Consider QTUM and NEO
javalemcgee

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:35:52 PM

Hi everyone,

I started buying cryptocurrencies 3 months ago, right at the wrong time, i know. I did have some bitcoin many years ago but that was during the mtgox period so lost it all and forgot about it.

I just want to have some comments and recommendations about the current portofolio that I have now. Please keep in mind that I'm actively using Bitcoin now so the amounts are not exact, but close.If I could use the other coins I would do too (and top up what I use of course) but the opportunities are just not there yet.

I would like to diversify into 1 other coin, looking at what I already have, what would you recommend?

First, having about 1.9 BTC is good. Because you'll be able to buy some other cheap altcoins if there is a dump take place.

If I were you, I would get much more ETH rather than ripple. I don't trust ripple, it's 100% centralized.

No idea about DCR really.

And, you have plenty of DASH, may I ask why? Really wondered.
turbulence

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:55:45 PM

tbh i don't really like any of your alts except ETH and OMG. so i would sell all of the other ones as soon as you're in profit and research other coins

as for tip for 1 new alt to add i like ZEN, very good price atm and it will do really well in coming months/year i think

███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
        ▄▄███████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████████
 ████████   ▀██████████▀▄▄▀███████         ███          ███       ▐█▌     █████████████   █████████▄       ███     ███       ███
█████████     ▀████████ ▀▀ ████████        ████        ████       ███     ▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄     ███      ███     ███
█████████  █▄   ▀█▀  ███  █████████        █████      █████      █████         ███        ███      ▀██▌    ███       ███▄ ▄███
█████████  ███▄     ▄███  █████████        ██████    ██████     ██▌ ▐██        ███        ███       ██▌    ███        ███████
█████████  ███▀ ▄█▄ ▀███  █████████        ███▀███▄▄███▀███    ███   ███       ███        ███     ▄███     ███        ███████
█████████  ███  ███  ███  █████████        ███  ▀████▀  ███   ███     ███      ███        ███    ████      ███       ███▀ ▀███
 ███████ ▄▄ ██  ▀█▀  ███  ████████         ███    ▀▀    ███  ███       ███     ███        ███     ▀███     ███      ███     ███
  ██████▄▀▀▄███▄   ▄████  ███████          ███          ███  ██         ██     ███        ███       ███    ███     ███       ███
    ███████████████████████████
      ███████████████████████
        ▀▀███████████████▀▀

The Intelligent Blockchain
▬▬  Pre-ICO: January 4th  |  ICO: January 16th

ANN  News  Scene  Showcase
██  Whitepaper:  Bussines | Technical  ██
Facebook  Twitter  Github  Telegram

███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
      ███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:32:16 PM

Hi everyone,

I like to be 70% on Bitcoin and speculate with the rest. Remember that everytime that Bitcoin goes up altcoins crash pretty badly. There's always a random one that stays neutral or even pumps but that is irrelevant.

I would remove XRP only because it's not even a blockchain and I would add STRAT now that's pretty low at least looking at the historic price, it may be a good hold assuming devs don't sleep on more progress.
whiteribbon (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:32:48 PM

Thanks for the replies so far, I actually had Qtum before but I sold it because there was (is) a swap happening and I kept them in my Exodus wallet which didn't support this and I didn't want to send them to an exchange. I might buy Qtum again once the swap is finished and supported by Exodus.

My reply to why I have so much Dash (relative), I use it to buy other coins and make transfers as well, I know it's considered to be a scam by many people but it's really cheap and fast when I use Dash, much faster then bitcoin, so it's useful for me.

I agree about Ripple, I will sell once it gets back to 0.18Euro which shouldn't take too long, their supply is huge and although Ripple as a company might be quite good, their XRP doesn't actually have a use-case. I didn't research enough before I bought this.

I also have my doubts about OMG to be honest, their supply is just so big, I think I prefer to use and invest in coins with a more limited supply. Thats also a reason why I don't put any money on Monero, unlimited supply, they can just keep making new coins, how is this any different to the current (broken) fiat money that they keep on printing (or am I seeing this wrong?)

Reply to Neo suggestion, yes, thats one of the coins I would like to have, but my exchange currently doesn't offer it yet. I will buy once they do.

ps: Sorry to all the hardcore long time enthusiasts here if I make stupid comments, correct me when I'm wrong please!
neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:17:58 PM

Not bad at all. I can suggest you to buy some monero as well instead of ripple. I also believe neo is good coin to buy, don't think about price. I can also say that you should also look factom and startis as they are both good coins.

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████
█████████████████
      ████
██████████████
       █████████████████
        ███████████████
         ▀███████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
V T O S      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM    TWITTER     GITHUB

⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:28:45 PM

Look at ARK...specially now since it is a good time to buy (low/cheap right now).

It is a DPOS coin so you can earn 10% annually just by holding it.  If the coin value increases (and it did 1,079% the past 6 months) your earnings just keep compounding.

ARK is the 2nd biggest investment I have.  NEO is #1.
Bummers

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:55:48 PM

If your exchange doesn't list the coin you want just sign up with another one. I use liqui, binance, bittrex, gdax.

Gambit1306

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:04:13 PM

Decent list. I disagree with the others knocking ripple, I think good times are coming. I'd lose the Dash though. Long term, I'm sure it will lose to its competitors, my guess is Monero. Lisk is also a solid investment, and with a delegate PoS system which also generates annual income. Also get more ETH, OMG and QTUM
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:04:24 PM

Your portfolio looks good. I will not invest so much in ripple but there is an event in October, so holding ripple for now is good. I suggest to add XMR to your portfolio.
chaosfourever

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:16:28 PM

If you want to get into a little more coins one big suggestion is Ardor. It is starting soon and will be a great rival to Ethereum. One other is deeponion. You can buy some or if you want participate in the free airdrops. These are the ones on my top watchlist for the rest of this year and into the next. The rest of your portfolio id say leave alone for now and see how things shake out in the coming months.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Geoff999

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:20:26 PM

One coin that I would invest in if i were you would be Waves,

Just buy 500 of them, lease them out on the platform and forget about them for a year, they have a solid road map for the coming 12 months and could be a serious competitor to the big coins if they can pull it off.

With the leasing you will also get free tokens that are hosted on their platform (I got Mobile go, SmartRE etc) and will also get miners rewards.

Overall its the easiest coin of mine to hold as it makes back so much and has such a high potential.
hadoop

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:54:43 PM

Look at ARK...specially now since it is a good time to buy (low/cheap right now).

It is a DPOS coin so you can earn 10% annually just by holding it.  If the coin value increases (and it did 1,079% the past 6 months) your earnings just keep compounding.

I have Ark....what to do to earn 10%? do we need stake it? can you pl explain...currently my ark sitting at exhange want to move them
777antoine777

Activity: 155
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:02:34 PM

i would get rid of ripple . just by principle.  banksters coin .  i would have some NEO instead

★★★ INTENSE COIN ★★★
BLOCKCHAIN BACKED DECENTRALISED P2P VPN
MediumTwitterSlackDiscordRedditFacebookWhitepaperBitcointalk Ann
bboyjohn

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:07:26 PM

BTC, dash and xrp are good.
Why you put dcr on your folio? It's so risky. But others are really good in my opinion

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:51:41 PM

It all depends on the investment period. Such coins as etherium, XRP, DASH and bitcoin are suitable for long-term investment. Others I think suitable for short-term trading.
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:58:59 PM

I think it probably wouldn't hurt to scoop up some Steem. It is building a bridge between cryptoland and the general public as it combines crypto with social media. Users on the social platform Steemit.com generate Steem by getting their articles and/or replies upvoted by others. The value of Steem is hovering mostly between $1 and $1,5 for two months now but could skyrocket in the near future.
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:59:42 PM

It all depends on the investment period. Such coins as etherium, XRP, DASH and bitcoin are suitable for long-term investment. Others I think suitable for short-term trading.
Exclude XRP in your recommendation since i cant see a centralized stuff to be good on long-term investment.If you do try to look on other comments here regarding XRP for sure you will find out how we hate it.  Wink
Portfolio was good since i can able to see DASH,ETH specially BTC. I would like to recommend to add up monero on the list.
Packers1985

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

CHEERS

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:13:25 PM

I have Ark....what to do to earn 10%? do we need stake it? can you pl explain...currently my ark sitting at exhange want to move them

Hi even i have the same question. Can someone pls clarify this?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: