Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:02:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What You Need To Know To Get FREE Bitcoin Gold During The Fork.  (Read 16028 times)
aretebit

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

All that glitters is not bitcoin

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:42:38 PM

I dont know why people are complaining, these means that there is going to be a new coin available for you to sell and get more bitcoins in return of that. Isnt this a fun way to make money? If you ask me, i want a fork everyday Tongue

Because those forks produce doubts about the bitcoin scarcity. If their name were not related to bitcoin it would be fine, but now some people will think that there are 2 kinds of bitcoin (21 M * 2), and that there will be 4 by the end of the year (21M *4). There can be only 1 true bitcoin but those alternatives  produce doubts.

Dirty evil government thieves: Return me my money!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:17:57 PM

Who is behind Bitcoin Gold?
This is the first time I am hearing such a thing.

I guess 2017 will be known for its multiple chain attacks against Consensus?

Well it's already known for this, so why not just amplify it to the point so that we have multiple people trying to split off from the REAL Bitcoin.

Yes, I guess you are correct and it may even go as far as mid to late 2018
at this rate. Next we will have Bitcoin Plutonium and Bitcoin Latinum.

Seriously, I don't understand why people are doing this again.

IMO, it is predicated on a false belief that chain splits is a form of Bitcoin
"evolution" and an economic determination by "survival of the fittest".

This is incorrect and is a misunderstanding of evolution and how it essentially
works. Economic participants in our community have taken a scientific theory
and applied it to chain splits and think that it should function just as in the
natural world does, with viable branches and nonviable branches. But it never
will determine such, since evolution is based upon the human's inability to
control or manipulate nature and time, and their Bitcoin evolution theory is
fully manipulated by human markets owned and controlled by human
governments. So, they are totally different and will not work as they think.

In nature, when a new trait develops that may overtake in the future, that
advanced trait development is usually due to external environmental effects,
not randomly for no purpose (majority of the time). But the current Bitcoin
chain splits are not from a result of "genetic capturability" or "external threat",
but solely for belief in "more choices".

New Bitcoin chains developing as a response to internal conflicts is not a
correct evolutionary theory, and the evolutionary theory should only apply
with external threats. All internal issues or threats should be dealt with
through Consensus systems like an organism's immune system. Using
evolution theory for Bitcoin's current chain splitting, IMO, is obviously wrong
and has nothing to do with "natural evolution", and more to do with human
desires and egos.

So IMO, all of this is either misguided economic participants or attackers
who are manipulating the misguided economic participants.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
limopc

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:46:10 PM

Can somebody guide me how to mine the new bitcoin gold. Preferably on iOS, is it possible?
What would be it’s expected price, how many can be mined daily or monthly?
cryptotsunami

Activity: 114
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:52:35 PM

Is this another free money just like bitcoin cash? I would love it if that's the case.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:35:43 AM

Because those forks produce doubts about the bitcoin scarcity. If their name were not related to bitcoin it would be fine, but now some people will think that there are 2 kinds of bitcoin (21 M * 2), and that there will be 4 by the end of the year (21M *4). There can be only 1 true bitcoin but those alternatives  produce doubts.
Which happens to be the max supply of LTC, 21m * 4 = 84m. So far 53m are in circulation.
This supply dillution might create equal prices for 1 LTC == 1 BTC talking fifty bucks.
When that happens we are dead.
joseafonso123az

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:51:22 AM

As the other fork happened, this one will also follow that trend, and the price of the bitcoin gold will keep going donw, unless there are serious players and whales supporting this coin. BTC is the original one, and nothing can change it!
I agree with the part to wait until late November to extract your new coins, because before that there might be a lot of fakes just wanting to rob your crypto stash. 
sandwich_23

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:59:52 PM

Can someone explain why you wouldn't sell all your alt's, have everything in Bitcoin on Oct. 25th, and then once the fork happens and you have BTC and the new Bitcoin Gold, redistribute the money back to what you had before.

What am I missing? Isn't whatever you are getting in Bitcoin Gold essentially free money? Why not have everything you own in Bitcoin that one day and then you can sell it off as you see fit, including immediately selling the Bitcoin Gold back into Bitcoin or other alts?
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:06:42 PM

When I look at these alternative projects I realize we are becoming like the ones we were supposed to replace. We are introducing the rules of the financial world here in the crypto world.
Creating wealth from nowhere, the new crypto elite creating money from nothing.
Money is money, right?
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:13:56 PM

Who is behind Bitcoin Gold?
This is the first time I am hearing such a thing.

I guess 2017 will be known for its multiple chain attacks against Consensus?

Well it's already known for this, so why not just amplify it to the point so that we have multiple people trying to split off from the REAL Bitcoin.

Seriously, I don't understand why people are doing this again. Bitcoin Cash didn't work, and won't work. Right now it's just a traded coin. This coin is going to be even more shit then Bitcoin Cash, which crazily enough amassed an insane amount of Market Cap. People have to get on the train that Bitcoin is going to be it, there will be some trading coins but they're never going to be gaining any real usage traction.

Stay with Bitcoin and you'll be fine.

I am not a profesional Blockchain developer or Bitcoin developer whatsoever but in my own understanding and opinion I think Bitcoin itself doesn't need a fork or any kind of a split it just happen that when you need to change a block size of it there is a possibility that a split may occur meaning it is not 100% so even though the developers won't want it to happen but they can't do nothing because a chance is a chance even it is 0.0000001%

They are all doing this for a better good because Bitcoin needs to upgrade just like IOS, Windows OS, Linux etc. and moving forward is not always perfect it will tackle different kinds of problems along the way but when the trial is done then it will make Bitcoin stronger more than ever.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:18:34 PM

Anyway, I am glad that I am getting even more free coins. I am in no hurry to claim them. I am yet to reclaim the Bitcoin Cash coins which I got in August. But now I guess I will reclaim both BCH and Bitcoin gold together. I have placed an order for a Ledger Blue hardware wallet. I will be keeping all of my BCH and Bitcoin gold in that wallet, along with a part of my Bitcoins.
DirtyMartini

Activity: 277
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:00:40 AM

Okay so if you keep bitcoin on electrum, then you are fine right?
So the bitcoin gold will be in your electrum?  I'm confused here.

Keep all your bitcoin in Electrum Wallet during 25th October as the 'snapshot' will be taken from here.. (or any wallet you control private key)
The new currency will not show up in your Electrum, you'll then need to claim it from a Bitcoin Gold Wallet. This can be done anytime after 25th.
Exactly like we did with Bitcoin Cash in August

Also does that mean bitcoin will drop down in price due to this?  Do you have any idea how much bitcoin gold would be worth about?

No one can answer this definitively until it happens. If the last recent fork is anything to go by; bitcoin may dip again while the market wraps their head around the confusion (as it did with BCH) but it will certainly recover, and probably within a shorter span this time because people have already recently experienced a fork and they saw it wasn't the end of the world..

If there is going to be bitcoin gold... then wouldn't it make sense to buy a lot of bitcoin now or right before the fork?  That way you get free money since you get the bitcoin equivalent to bitcoin gold?

Yes it most certainly would. Another great reason to stock up on more Bitcoin!  Cheesy
mrdenis

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 11:12:41 AM

So 25.oct is 100% confirmed date when snapshot of BTC value in wallet (for which we have private key) will be used for new currency? Do we have any reliable source?

Do we have any info about fork date in november?

I saw some articles about Bitcoin Gold mining - that it will not be ASIC but GPU... Does anyone know anything about this...?

❍ E M M A R E S  ❍              Email as you know it, will never be the same.
EMMARES ICO  |   TELEGRAM  |   REDDIT   |   LINKEDIN   TWITTER  | MEDIUM  FACEBOOK 
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:22:19 AM

extra advice to add..

after the snapshot date.
move the coins. so that the bitcoins are no longer on private key of (ops eg:)"123456789qwertyuiop" using a bitcoin wallet.
so that while the bitcoin gold still has coins on that (ops eg:)"123456789qwertyuiop". you no longer have them on the same privkey on the bitcoin side to worry about any cross over

then.. knowing the bitcoin gold snapshot has coins on private key of "123456789qwertyuiop".
your then safer to import privkey into a bitcoingold wallet without worry of some hacker/middleman attack taking your privkey to empty your bitcoin stash..

personal note..
i prefer to think of core as the bitcoin gold altcoin. or just naming it segwit as they do NOT want it used as a peer-to-peer currency, they prefer the hub/spoke reserve currency. much like how gold transactions occur.

but then again core have always been screwed up with their buzzwords/ bait and switches and twisting the truth

Definitely do this, when people were trying to claim their Bitcoin Cash I saw many threads about people just putting their private keys into these wallets and websites to claim their Bitcoin Cash and not moving their existing Bitcoin out and were just lucky that nothing untoward happened.

Be safe and not sorry
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:24:03 AM

what if i have "all" my BTC in an exchanger? what will happen? if the exchanger will not support it it means i wont get any btc gold? (still don't understand why the need of a second fork)
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:36:07 AM

I am not seeing any difference in what is being said prior to the period before August 1 fork when the uncertainties was even high and panicking was the order of the day but at last everything happen so easy. That now even most repuatbale wallets and exchnage sites supports BCC and if you want to claim now, its one of the easiest so far you have you private key or pneumonic phrases with you and you are good to go.
jayroc

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:28:26 PM

what if i have "all" my BTC in an exchanger? what will happen? if the exchanger will not support it it means i wont get any btc gold? (still don't understand why the need of a second fork)

Don't leave it on an exchange. You don't own your private keys on an exchange.
So if the exchange decides to keep your bitcoin gold, they can.

Transfer bitcoins out to a wallet you own like electrum.
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:02:25 PM

Thank you so much OP for this thread. I find this very helpful. Anyway, will bitcoin gold also have the same fate as bitcoin cash? Wherein, the price will rise upon inception but will eventually fall?
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:13:50 PM

During the first bifurcation 1 August, I didn't do anything. I keep all my bitcoins in electronic wallets. Two days I didn't do transaction until I saw the forum post that everything was normal and the transactions run without problems. I see no reason to change tactics now.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:18:18 PM

I dont trust this BitcoinGold. This could be another distraction concocted by the Chinese miners to divide the community again. They are going to divide and conquer to get the real prize. BTC.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 01:24:48 PM

Thank you so much OP for this thread. I find this very helpful. Anyway, will bitcoin gold also have the same fate as bitcoin cash? Wherein, the price will rise upon inception but will eventually fall?
I think that Bitcoin gold might not gain the same momentum as Bitcoin Cash did, I would expect a lower price than Bitcoin Cash.
Could be wrong of course, but I personally thin that these two coins will fall into obscurity after a few months.

It's kinda surprising that Bitcoin Cash is still being traded at such a high volume though.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: