Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:42:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's stupid that newbies must make 5 posts and browse for 4 hours. Here's why  (Read 11069 times)
dpup5520

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:15:38 AM

While I can see how the post limiting to this subforum for new people can prevent spammers and force people new to Bitcoins to read through information more and figure things out a little bit before invading other parts of the forum it can be quite annoying in other aspects. For example the main reason I joined this forum was to share some information inside of the Armory subforum which I thought would be useful for them, but because of being forced to post inside of here the information/post was almost immediately buried due to the high rate of posts/moderation in here plus the information would almost certainly not be useful to people just starting out.
Cronin

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Same here: I've lurked for a lot, now I've seen an user who sell btc with a good price -just want to buy it- but i need to post and wait, it's a bit annoying, but I can understand  Smiley
MrHempstock

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:42:36 AM

It's been very refreshing and illuminating reading through all of your personal opinions on the new member restrictions. /sarcasm

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
Cronin

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:53:30 AM

Everybody knows that newbies posts their "opinion" just to break the newbie's prison  Grin
fildza

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 07:20:12 AM

Come on . 5 post and browse for 4 hours not a hard thing to do

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
HollowIP

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 11:13:05 AM

Its very reasonable and there for people's protection. Most people never get hacked or anything until they get involved with bitcoins. There's some straight up assholes here.

BTC-  3FofPhtcESndpyLTJTJEnpShdHgbN82pAz
fildza

Activity: 322

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 12:03:05 PM

Its very reasonable and there for people's protection. Most people never get hacked or anything until they get involved with bitcoins. There's some straight up assholes here.

Agree with you 100%

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Adventure

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 12:52:17 PM

I was stumped by this rule.  I registered a month ago and couldn't figure out why I couldn't post.

I realize it's at the bottom of the signup form.  Guess I should have read the whole page, eh?

However, it would be a nice touch to move the Newbies forum to the top of the forum list for newbies only.

I completely missed the fact that there's a newbies forum further down the page.

Just a thought to ease the pain for future newbies.
elor70

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 12:54:05 PM

it was meant to prevent spamming/trolling.

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 01:08:48 PM

I was stumped by this rule.  I registered a month ago and couldn't figure out why I couldn't post.

I realize it's at the bottom of the signup form.  Guess I should have read the whole page, eh?

However, it would be a nice touch to move the Newbies forum to the top of the forum list for newbies only.

I completely missed the fact that there's a newbies forum further down the page.

Just a thought to ease the pain for future newbies.

They should make it more obvious. A lot of newbies have difficulty finding this section.
CryptoBubbles

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 04:21:23 PM

3 hours too long.

Malayko

Activity: 86

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 04:49:20 PM

yeah what that guy said...

Some people just like to roam around the forums for hours... Its a shame in order to reply to anything other than these posts is sad.

I've been roaming around these forums for about a year now created an account recently and now have to post crap like this to finally get actively involved.

▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄
LetItRide     ||     Innovative Gambling Platform     ||     ICO OPEN - EARLY INVESTOR BONUS
▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 10:49:29 PM

The restrictions that are in place are pretty meagre so I don't understand why people still complain..

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 02:01:03 AM

Auto Refresh Plus, and go for a walk, when you came back a few hours logged in have passed...

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:10:28 AM

I tend to agree with the OP on this one. 

In fact, another thing which degrades the forums is the selling of sig space.  I get paid for posting many times per month.  Thus I say stupid things like this post.  That's life, I guess.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:09:55 PM

In fact, another thing which degrades the forums is the selling of sig space.  I get paid for posting many times per month.  Thus I say stupid things like this post.  That's life, I guess.

It's a free market...

newguy211

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:24:18 PM

These rules are too strict, it should only be 2 hours and 3 posts.
gert63

Activity: 123

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:47:17 PM

I have been lurking for quite some time on this site.

Finally made an account, and now stuck in this walled garden that is the newbie forum.

Soon I will be free!

mee too.i never read it that i must make 5 post..and not understoot wy i never could repley nou i know..

thanks all

many free pnd altcoins and more faucets.   https://btcpop.co/Faucet/?ref=238453
sosulon

Activity: 274

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:47:47 AM

I'm assuming it's just an anti-spam measure. It's a nominal amount of time and effort for someone new to do this, but it's more of a bitch for a spammer or a bot to do.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:17:17 PM

So you're complaining that you get payed for writing nonsense?
What's wrong with you?
Not complaining that I get paid.  Simply admitting that me writing nonesense for pay lowers the quality of the board.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: