Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:52:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stolen ETH from myetherwallet.com  (Read 3722 times)
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:38:31 AM

Guys, be careful when you copy/paste addresses for sending or receiving coins. New malware can detect addresses and it is able to change receive address with hidden scyrpt.Always check last part of address before push send button.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moooonu

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:10:43 PM

I tried to send eth to my other wallet, then after i press generate and send, it sent all to
0x4d517D272CE8D879D8891518E70153b49d2CDb96

https://etherchain.org/account/0x4d517D272CE8D879D8891518E70153b49d2CDb96

Anyone else got hacked ?

I have heard about it too. One  of my friend's 4.5etherum got stolen when he used that website.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:13:54 PM

I tried to send eth to my other wallet, then after i press generate and send, it sent all to
0x4d517D272CE8D879D8891518E70153b49d2CDb96

https://etherchain.org/account/0x4d517D272CE8D879D8891518E70153b49d2CDb96

Anyone else got hacked ?

I wonder how your funds has been sent to a different eth wallet address, i am not sure but I think you were using a site which looks like the same as myetherwallet's user interface but has a different web link and it has a script like whenever you are making a transaction or sending an amount it will be directly sent to a certain address which you are not familiar with I am not really sure if this thing really exists but i think it's possible .
Draconus

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:12:08 PM

https://www.europol.europa.eu/about-europol/european-cybercrime-centre-ec3 They are very helpful and have actually solved cases where people have gotten their money back. You just send a report and they do the rest. You have nothing to loose but might be lucky and get back what was stolen from you. I filled one already so I recomend it. Only for european citizens though.
Maximus_pl

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:32:25 PM

Today I received a letter from support@myetherwallet.website with such content:

Dear MyEtherWallet user,
Following the latest ETH fork, there is an excess of ETH to be distributed among Ethereum holders.
For every 1 ETH in your MyEtherWallet wallet, you are entitled to receive 0.1 ETH free ( EX: you own 100 ETH you will receive 10 ETH free ).
In order to receive your free ETH, please prove that you are still active on our blockchain by logging in to MyEtherWallet
(http://www-enigma.bmetrack.com/c/l?u=754A0CB&e=BE57F4&c=DAD1E&t=0&l=7957EE2A&email=Sw7DspnFX3upARBaTcwbWn6MxAymonQR&seq=2)
( click here http://www-enigma.bmetrack.com/c/l?u=754A0CB&e=BE57F4&c=DAD1E&t=0&l=7957EE2A&email=Sw7DspnFX3upARBaTcwbWn6MxAymonQR&seq=3
and confirm your wallet.
Wallets that are unconfirmed in the next 24h will not participate in the ETH distribution.
Thank you
MyEtherWallet LLC

What do you think about it?
Zakhal

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

I love crypto

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:00:42 PM

I just received phiscing mail related to OMG airdrop. I open the site to see whats it all about but I didnt even manage to read it when Metamask blocked the site saying its a phiscing attempt.

I suggest you install phiscing prevention extension to your browser. They will automatically warn and block phiscing sites.
wibschen

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:19:35 AM

I have send an e-mail to the helpdesk of myetherwallet and they have said that they need to receive more e-mails from people.
Let every victim do that so that we can stand strong. The cyberpolice is working on it however the more companies/people are declaring the more change we have.
Come on my fellow victims. Let's get those bastards.
s900pers

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:25:05 AM

I have send an e-mail to the helpdesk of myetherwallet and they have said that they need to receive more e-mails from people.
Let every victim do that so that we can stand strong. The cyberpolice is working on it however the more companies/people are declaring the more change we have.
Come on my fellow victims. Let's get those bastards.

Now be very careful with the sites ,many Scam and phishing . can easily steal the token cryptocurrency .

Draconus

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:46:06 PM

More good news! After reporting myetherwallet being compromised through phishing at all authorities (takes time but is worth it) I informed forum member "saiful" that I have taken legal action against him. On October 18 he replied that he would return the Bitindia tokens stolen. Today I received them in a new address.
Participating in phishing scams is a serious crime and one can get in a lot of trouble. By returning what you have stolen you have a chance to avoid serious problems with the law. To all those that participate in such scams: Do what "saiful" did and return what you have stolen to the rightful owners. The damage that may be done by a stupid act like stealing tokens might be 100 times worse than what the tokens are worth. The only ones making money out of scams are the ones organising them while the little guys that do the dirty work get caught. IT'S NOT WORTH IT.
To victims:
Report, report, report and then report again sending all the information to ALL authorities. Everywhere. Do a search in Google for reporting scams and send a report EVERYWHERE. Believe me I found a lot of people that helped me track and find those responsible for compromising my wallet. IT'S WORTH IT.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:34:09 PM

Today I received a letter from support@myetherwallet.website with such content:

Dear MyEtherWallet user,
Following the latest ETH fork, there is an excess of ETH to be distributed among Ethereum holders.
For every 1 ETH in your MyEtherWallet wallet, you are entitled to receive 0.1 ETH free ( EX: you own 100 ETH you will receive 10 ETH free ).
In order to receive your free ETH, please prove that you are still active on our blockchain by logging in to MyEtherWallet

and confirm your wallet.
Wallets that are unconfirmed in the next 24h will not participate in the ETH distribution.
Thank you
MyEtherWallet LLC

What do you think about it?

What's there to say? It's an obvious scam, There is no excess eth to be distributed and the website url ends with .website.
tanghere02

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:37:03 AM

More good news! After reporting myetherwallet being compromised through phishing at all authorities (takes time but is worth it) I informed forum member "saiful" that I have taken legal action against him. On October 18 he replied that he would return the Bitindia tokens stolen. Today I received them in a new address.
Participating in phishing scams is a serious crime and one can get in a lot of trouble. By returning what you have stolen you have a chance to avoid serious problems with the law. To all those that participate in such scams: Do what "saiful" did and return what you have stolen to the rightful owners. The damage that may be done by a stupid act like stealing tokens might be 100 times worse than what the tokens are worth. The only ones making money out of scams are the ones organising them while the little guys that do the dirty work get caught. IT'S NOT WORTH IT.
To victims:
Report, report, report and then report again sending all the information to ALL authorities. Everywhere. Do a search in Google for reporting scams and send a report EVERYWHERE. Believe me I found a lot of people that helped me track and find those responsible for compromising my wallet. IT'S WORTH IT.

This is great news then, I just hope those hackers will return back the coins they stole from everyone. But I don't think some would return back the amount they stole. I was also a victim but I only had a small amount of Ethereum stolen from me so I just let it go and learned my lesson well.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
aimndableck

Activity: 138

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:06:07 AM

I lost my coin and ETH at MEW, I wonder if I made a mistake, and is it still possible to return my coin and ETH in MEW.
this is my ETH stolen:
https://etherscan.io/address/0xebcd9383b87f41058ec570e7ca62f618e8831db5
https://etherscan.io/address/0xb08435d83f9199ec6a3e5fbfbcd8564536c128e1
Babayega31

Activity: 630

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:41:55 AM

I lost my coin and ETH at MEW, I wonder if I made a mistake, and is it still possible to return my coin and ETH in MEW.
this is my ETH stolen:

If you mean that you can retrieve back what is loss from you then its so impossible mate since there's no one can get it back since first of all it was been hack and the MEW devs will not do any counter action with since you are responsible to your wallet and its your loss if you will mishandle it. And maybe its best for you to move on and be more careful next time upon putting your private keys anywhere.

aimndableck

Activity: 138

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:13:44 AM

this is my ETH stolen:

If you mean that you can retrieve back what is loss from you then its so impossible mate since there's no one can get it back since first of all it was been hack and the MEW devs will not do any counter action with since you are responsible to your wallet and its your loss if you will mishandle it. And maybe its best for you to move on and be more careful next time upon putting your private keys anywhere.

everytime i open MEW, my auto coin is gone
tobi4255

Activity: 349
Merit: 101

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:40:27 AM

I once read about a malware that would overwrite any text saved in the clipholder with the attackers addy, preying on the fact that no human bothers typing out a public address.

It sounds like you have been the victim of a similar malware perhaps? obviously designed for Ethereum, rather than Bitcoin.

You can try testing it, by just copying an address and see if you can paste that same address again, or if it gets substituted.

In any case, i am sorry for your losses however small or big.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:07:10 PM

I once read about a malware that would overwrite any text saved in the clipholder with the attackers addy, preying on the fact that no human bothers typing out a public address.

It sounds like you have been the victim of a similar malware perhaps? obviously designed for Ethereum, rather than Bitcoin.

You can try testing it, by just copying an address and see if you can paste that same address again, or if it gets substituted.

In any case, i am sorry for your losses however small or big.

This would indeed the case on here on which he might really have a malware which do post attackers address instead of OP's address.We have seen this kind of hack back in the past but that was on BTC and now they are making already on ETH too which most people doesn't really bother to check again on the address that they do really put on those send button. If you are careless enough you would surely fall into this one this is why we should always keep on reviewing on our address or on the address we would like to send those funds if it does show others wallet then for sure that your pc is already compromised.

MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:28:42 AM

I saw this address posted here https://etherscan.io/address/0x4c34ae54dc716808e94af3d1d638b8ea3a23fa9b

Does anyone know the exchange that owns this address ?

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:08:47 AM

the following address contains funds from phishing attacks: https://etherscan.io/address/0x50c60bab0bf1b437506ad52252f42746b9666894 currently at 1.4m USD. looks like he stole my money using myethereunwallet.com   how to find/report him?

They are making big money doing this. Let's hope someone will go through the trouble of tracking these coins.
saiful

Activity: 407

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:43:35 AM

I have created BITINDIA tokens
please check here
https://etherscan.io/tx/0x76596f1f70434d4ffb2cb37a8ae66312f15f891aade13638501189bb7890119a

people who have BITINDIA coins receive it
https://etherscan.io/token/0x420335d3deef2d5b87524ff9d0fb441f71ea621f?a=0x70274561b190383235a1506990f8fd398cf8980f

We received the tokens thank you. Please keep copy of transaction so you can have proof that you returned them. We will do the same so you don't get in trouble. If they contact you from Europol cybercrime or myetherwallet for "phishing" cooperate with them and give them the information they need so you are not accused as the leader. They already know that you are part of a group of people participating in a fishing scam. Also becareful of your transactions because all adresses that have sent or received tokens from 0x85233fCa620cec68Ada9C3CD165d2dC418f3FB63 are being monitored as well as slack and Etherdelta. You kept your word - I will keep mine and send all information that you returned tokens. You can keep the ether you took from me it is more than 0.02. Keep yourself and your family safe from trouble and tell others that think phishing is fun that only the leaders become rich and the little guys get in trouble. Any help with the investigation you need in the future just send us a message. Bye and stay away from phishing and other illegal activities.
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:47:35 AM

the following address contains funds from phishing attacks: https://etherscan.io/address/0x50c60bab0bf1b437506ad52252f42746b9666894 currently at 1.4m USD. looks like he stole my money using myethereunwallet.com   how to find/report him?

They are making big money doing this. Let's hope someone will go through the trouble of tracking these coins.

I think people should always check twice before give your private key to others because many people are there who want to steal our money, so always check before giving private key for login purpose.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: