Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:45:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stolen ETH from myetherwallet.com  (Read 3723 times)
bhadz

Activity: 2436
Merit: 566

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 09:34:49 PM

seriously? so this fake/phishing sites can now advertise their sites legally? i hope google can do something with this as this incident or issues has becoming more serious day by day.
Google doesn't care if they are advertising a fake or legit website, they don't even know that they are advertising a fake or a real one. I've seen many phishing sites that are being advertised on google and the negligence isn't with google or they should be accountable for it somehow. But as a user of MEW, why would you use search engines when visiting a web wallet? Bookmark it or type the whole website in correct spelling in the address bar so you are far from any of those.

Then we can ask the question why the legit dev of myetherwallet allowed the fake one site? Are they disable to stop this fake site?
Spelling and sites must be recheck before entering everything so that you are sure not to lose everything that you have. Then in addition let us all be careful coz we are all responsible for our own belongings.
The legit devs of MEW can't control the flowing of these fake websites. Everyone is free to create a new website and there's no certain rules about that disabling those new ones, AFAIK. What they can only do is to warn people about those fake ones that are circulating and starting to imitate them. And the responsibility shall be passed to us who are using them and this can be the reason why we have to be careful when we are visiting them. Just think before you click so that you won't to those phishing copy cats.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
LeonsBTT

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 12:28:13 AM

the more I read this thread the more terrified I get
Fafabol

Activity: 267
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:07:36 AM

the more I read this thread the more terrified I get

Everyone should be because if we're not mindful in every link that we click then we must be the second victim of all of these. As the technology rises as the hackers are upgrading too and they all want an easy money so if we're just sleeping in reality and when they see you weak then they can target us anytime.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: