Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:44:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] ASICs group buy by pidobir  (Read 47942 times)
pidobir (OP)

Activity: 446
Merit: 100

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:54:00 AM

Sorry for the problems. Looks like memory cards for these devices - a consumable item. Last night again died 2 memory cards. Bought new for an hour to replace. I have 12 pieces of faulty memory cards ...

Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:31:03 AM

It's not that important but unable to log in and view the miners anymore.

The ghash login takes you to the cex login which doesn't recognise the login/pass.

Vanderi

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:56:22 AM

The ghash login takes you to the cex login which doesn't recognise the login/pass.

Both my own and the admin accounts to our GB works for me as usual, must be in your end.
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:10:15 AM

Both my own and the admin accounts to our GB works for me as usual, must be in your end.

Tried it in different browsers same result

The sign in link on ghash takes me to

https://cex.io/signin?return=/trade/ghash

Entering the username password just gives "invalid user name or password"

allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 03:24:21 AM

Is our hashing power back up to normal?

Vanderi

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:03:16 PM

Is our hashing power back up to normal?

Yup.
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 10:49:58 PM

Shaaweeet  Grin Now all we have to do is hope we ROI.

RoboCoder

Activity: 388

Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 08:13:15 PM

FYI..

Just converted the following:

103.57656320 NMC
550.87155549 IXC
20995.71557277 DVC

to:
0.95628409 BTC

and purchased 13 GH on cex.io for about .93 (the excessive is in the balance to be paid out).

So we have increased our mining power a WHOPPING 13 GH...  every little bit my mom used to say..
pidobir (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:18:14 AM

FYI..

Just converted the following:

103.57656320 NMC
550.87155549 IXC
20995.71557277 DVC

to:
0.95628409 BTC

and purchased 13 GH on cex.io for about .93 (the excessive is in the balance to be paid out).

So we have increased our mining power a WHOPPING 13 GH...  every little bit my mom used to say..
Smiley
Thank you Robo!

RoboCoder

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 04:21:24 AM

We will be at 5 TH in no time Wink
pidobir (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:10:41 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 10:31:43 AM by pidobir

Hello! Small update.
1. Since January 11, hosting conditions back to the first:
My terms for second service:
4. I will host it for a 5% fee* (... Namecoins and Ixcoins and Devcoins are my profit too...);
Altcoins that are on the balance at the moment (until January 11) will be transferred to gh by Robokoder.

2. Faulty 3xPSU and 3 boards (1 Burned by overclocking and 2 defective for reasons unknown) were sent to Moscow in early November. However MetaBank took parcel in Moscow only on January 6  (almost two months parcel lying on the stock ). This track parcel number 65601068018159 http://www.russianpost.ru/tracking/
No other news.
Sorry, if someone is a disappointment .

Vanderi

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:51:47 PM

People are buying SHA-256 miners to mine other coins instead of btc. DEM, for instance was hot awhile ago and those mining it instead ROId fast as hell.

The payouts also are starting to get a bit smaller for us.

Optimally, we would at some point switch over to some (preferably) automated pool, mining altcoins for a higher gain than btc, which we really could keep doing for long after btc has dissappeared on the ASIC 20nm horizon.

What does the group think about this? What does Pido think? Does someone have deeper knowledge on this?
I only know Multipool takes SHA-256 -capacity and pays in alts, and that's it. Personally, I use middlecoin for my private small scrypt farm, but it is exclusively for scrypt mining.

Really, the alts will prosper along with btc in the 'Money 2.0' landscape. We might have the capacity to participate in even more profitable undertakings than now? Does someone know more? Maybe about pools or altcoins, automated exchanges like som pools use?

Speak up.
Vanderi

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:57:02 PM

Hello! Small update.
1. Since January 11, hosting conditions back to the first:
My terms for second service:
4. I will host it for a 5% fee* (... Namecoins and Ixcoins and Devcoins are my profit too...);
Altcoins that are on the balance at the moment (until January 11) will be transferred to gh by Robokoder.

2. Faulty 3xPSU and 3 boards (1 Burned by overclocking and 2 defective for reasons unknown) were sent to Moscow in early November. However MetaBank took parcel in Moscow only on January 6  (almost two months parcel lying on the stock ). This track parcel number 65601068018159 http://www.russianpost.ru/tracking/
No other news.
Sorry, if someone is a disappointment .

You really should ask him for some goodwill compensation.

If he gives even some old h-boards, not the ones with the pci-connectors, I have a motherboard, backboard and cabling for it.
dargolf

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:11:18 PM

People are buying SHA-256 miners to mine other coins instead of btc. DEM, for instance was hot awhile ago and those mining it instead ROId fast as hell.

Optimally, we would at some point switch over to some (preferably) automated pool, mining altcoins for a higher gain than btc, which we really could keep doing for long after btc has dissappeared on the ASIC 20nm horizon.

What does the group think about this? What does Pido think? Does someone have deeper knowledge on this?
I only know Multipool takes SHA-256 -capacity and pays in alts, and that's it. Personally, I use middlecoin for my private small scrypt farm, but it is exclusively for scrypt mining.

Really, the alts will prosper along with btc in the 'Money 2.0' landscape. We might have the capacity to participate in even more profitable undertakings than now? Does someone know more? Maybe about pools or altcoins, automated exchanges like som pools use?

Speak up.
Generally I agree with the Altcoin aspects, though most of the profitable altcoins (e.g. dogecoin) are scrypt based and most of the time other SHA-256 based coins are less profitable than bitcoin. Merged/Parallel mining is an option of course.

Also, it's not a good idea to sell Namecoins blindly, as they have raised in value more than 10 fold in the last few months. We should either keep them or sell them when the value is high (ATH is around 15$ IIRC, the current price is 6-7$).
dani

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

..yeah

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:34:59 PM

HI Pidobir,

I'd like to know if only you were offered a compensation for the delay or everyone got extra hashrate?

Hai
Vanderi

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:27:00 PM

Speak up.
Generally I agree with the Altcoin aspects, though most of the profitable altcoins (e.g. dogecoin) are scrypt based and most of the time other SHA-256 based coins are less profitable than bitcoin. Merged/Parallel mining is an option of course.

Also, it's not a good idea to sell Namecoins blindly, as they have raised in value more than 10 fold in the last few months. We should either keep them or sell them when the value is high (ATH is around 15$ IIRC, the current price is 6-7$).

You need to define "we", we need to know who would be up for it. Pido? Also I'd like more opinions on the matters I presented, not just on how to sell one altcoin. With 2.8TH/s, our capacity and resources still matter to a great extent for a myriad of opportunities.
pidobir (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:51:11 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 07:48:41 PM by pidobir

1.  About mining Bitcoins. In general I agree with dargolf. I think unlikely sha-256 altcoins will have good potential for growth rate.
2.  I had another adventurous idea  Smiley. As you known, there is an interesting situation on the bitcoin asics market.
The cost of 1 GH varies from $ 10 (btmine, sushi..) to $ 40 on the secondary asics market.
Maybe it will be profitable to sell our miners, for example for 7 BTC for 1x300 GH ASIC and buy 3 x btmine (200GH) in 3x2,4=7.2 BTC.
As a result, we get 600 GH instead of 300 GH. But as always, everything will decide the time ...
            1. Time from selling the our device until the order new device - 1 day or less;
            2. Time from order to shipping - as wrote btmine 3-5 days;
            3. Time to delivery - 10-14 days. Delivery to Russia via DHL, FedEx, UPS and other express companies, as you know, does not work.
Shipping cost will be $ 300 for one miner.
Total 14-20 days without mining....
I find a buyer for 7 BTC fast and without problem. For starters, we can try to do this operation with 1-2 devices.
Who thinks about this?
3. Today mining will be stopped for a few hours, it became necessary to replace the automatic shutdown 32A. Automatic shutdown by IRL recently strongly are heated,
will replace it to Siemens. Sorry for the inconvenience.

HI Pidobir,
I'd like to know if only you were offered a compensation for the delay or everyone got extra hashrate?
Hi! dani!
As i know everyone who had late shipping got extra hashrate.

The decision to purchase the GH takes Robocoder. Perhaps he would expect the growth rate of NMC.

dargolf

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:31:11 PM

2.  I had another adventurous idea  Smiley. As you known, there is an interesting situation on the bitcoin asics market.
The cost of 1 GH varies from $ 10 (btmine, sushi..) to $ 40 on the secondary asics market.
Maybe it will be profitable to sell our miners, for example for 7 BTC for 1x300 GH ASIC and buy 3 x btmine (200GH) in 3x2,4=7.2 BTC.
As a result, we get 600 GH instead of 300 GH. But as always, everything will decide the time ...
            3. Time to delivery - 10-14 days. Delivery to Russia via DHL, FedEx, UPS and other express companies, as you know, does not work.
I find a buyer for 7 BTC fast and without problem. For starters, we can try to do this operation with 1-2 devices.
Who thinks about this?
That's quite the good idea but do we know anything about the reliability of btmine shipping promises? If it's reliable we could maybe try it with half our miners, as long as more people agree. Generally too few people are active in the discussion here, do you have a way of contacting shareholders so they can vote?
RoboCoder

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 09:44:48 PM

Who thinks about this?
That's quite the good idea but do we know anything about the reliability of btmine shipping promises? If it's reliable we could maybe try it with half our miners, as long as more people agree. Generally too few people are active in the discussion here, do you have a way of contacting shareholders so they can vote?

They are a little slow but confirmed by reputable people.  They are actually 2.2 at the moment, shipping this saturday.  They are saying this is the last batch until after chinese new year.  Shipping is free to the US.  I assume the $300 is for duties etc?

I have a few from them and they run great at 375Mhz and they get rougly 194 GH/s.  Clocking them at 400 for the 205 is a bit hard on the VR and isn't recommended.
Vanderi

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:15:41 PM

1.  About mining Bitcoins. In general I agree with dargolf. I think unlikely sha-256 altcoins will have good potential for growth rate.
Who thinks about this?
3. Today mining will be stopped for a few hours, it became necessary to replace the automatic shutdown 32A. Automatic shutdown by IRL recently strongly are heated,
will replace it to Siemens. Sorry for the inconvenience.

HI Pidobir,
Hi! dani!
As i know everyone who had late shipping got extra hashrate.

The decision to purchase the GH takes Robocoder. Perhaps he would expect the growth rate of NMC.

Great ideas there Pidobir, for me and most likely Nuddi too you get a go-ahead. A fair few percentage, for your work, is also ok.

*edit maybe you should try to email as many as possible, if we get 50%+ go-ahead you can proceed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: