Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:58:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's Build a Town, Bitcoin Town  (Read 18103 times)
EndTheFed321

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 04:31:51 PM

The ideal location would be Chile, cheap land in a country which is on the rise.

Already underway.

http://galtsgulchchile.com/

Sounds to me like someone is buying cheap farm land and selling it off for inflated prices

Yes, and we can not use BTC to purchase any of that land  Cry

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 04:19:54 PM

Move this all to TX or CO and i'm in ^_^

It will not be centered there, but we will have land in both of those states.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 04:20:50 PM

The energy and excitement is all very good for driving the project but as frank1 points out, it's missing a lot of social, economic and legal sophistication suggesting a degree of naivety.

It's not missing ANY of that. Please try paying better attention.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 04:22:58 PM

Why do we even have to have Bitcoin Town on land? All land belongs to somebdy.

Why not buy a cruise ship instead? Or one of those seasteading projects?

Please read before posting, we already have covered that.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 04:23:39 PM

Any room for neuroscience majors Smiley

Plenty.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 04:25:13 PM

Sounds to me like someone is buying cheap farm land and selling it off for inflated prices

Nope, that's impossible. Since the money you put in goes straight to purchasing the land. We all put in money to create a pool of $2,000,000 then we use that to buy the land.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:33:30 PM

I like the idea, but living on ships might be too costly.

Maybe we could pool the money and buy the whole country of Nauru Smiley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nauru

Country is broke...we might get a good deal Smiley

I like the idea of just buying a broke country, that way Bitcoinville would actually be represented by the UN etc. I vote we just buy Greece. I'm sure we could pull together the... what, 100 BTC it would cost? But yeah, trying to buy land in the U.S, and then succeed... good luck with that one.

Although the whole idea is a little bit crazy. Imagine trying to buy a city with $100 bills. Even brief cases full of $100 bills. The cost to run a town wouldn't be overly unmanageable, many wealthy people essentially own entire towns, but you are talking about running a country, that's quite a bit different. You would have to figure out medical, social security, social and world policy, etc.
pgbit

Activity: 771
Merit: 258

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:36:28 PM

Creating a town, or a country, or a "micro-nation"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_micronations
Micronation might be the best description...

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
acs26

June 21, 2013, 04:48:14 PM

Creating a town, or a country, or a "micro-nation"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_micronations
Micronation might be the best description...

MY GOD. THANK YOU.

YOU HAVE FINALLY GOTTEN MY POINT ACROSS ABOUT CREATING A MICRO-NATION.

I love you.
acs26

June 21, 2013, 05:06:49 PM

I still haven't found a satifiscatory answer to my very fundamental question:

What is the point of making a town, city, village, camp or whatever inside someones territory? You are still as enslaved there as anywhere else and have to follow federal law.

Why doesn't someone buy land(with access the sea) or island from an established country with the explicit agreement/contract that the area will become independent? Surely some African shithole will sell it at a reasonable price? Maybe even an western country would entertain it?

I'm pretty sure most towns and cities start in people's territories.

However, when making a Micronation, you can 'break away' from that country, and start your own small nation. (You'd just have to follow the U.S rules while your application is pending) You don't really have to follow the countries laws anymore, because you're considered to be in another country.

Every piece of land is almost claimed by other countries (Except Antarctica), unless you can magically go to space, you won't be claiming any non-claimed land.

(Sorry, had to answer your question, because God knows Fin isn't.)

Getting land with access to the sea doesn't mean anything. Almost every inch of land on Earth is claimed. Near every country. Starting your own country or town in places like Africa would be very hard, and I think you know why.

Also, a few years ago there was a micro-nation that claimed land on a beach, and made a small island by dumping sand near the edges of the beach. They later got raided, and their land got claimed by another Government. Same thing that could happen to you. I recommend starting things like this in Europe or the Americas.

Starting something like this in Africa would most likely get you raided by citizens, or the Government. Since they're in deep poverty, they'd be most likely to attack a Micronation that has quite a few money invested in it. And not considering the other things that could possibly happen.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 06:17:56 PM

naming a town as finshaggy proposes does not automatically mean the population is exempt from following state/government laws.

it just means that the local judge can decide how drastic a crime is (length and type of punishment) and also a few other small tweaks to state and government law.

fin shaggy thinks that all it takes is a town naming ceremony to get around the government. he obviously has not even looked into the new hampshire project which is many years ahead of what finshaggys brain fart proposes to do.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:05:35 PM

This whole thread reminds me of ramblings of a slightly mental individual with a massive unmedicated ADHD problem.
acs26

June 21, 2013, 08:56:00 PM

This whole thread reminds me of ramblings of a slightly mental individual with a massive unmedicated ADHD problem.

Yes, it does sound like he's delusional or he's hallucinating. (What would you expect from a Marijuana farmer?)

(Please don't view this thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=239694.0)

I think he wants you to join him at Silk Road. And then start a town that breaks EVERY SINGLE state and country law. Then, he's going to get you sent to the U.N and a bag tossed over your head.

I actually think his idea of killing us all in the near future is good. Maybe he'll even let us go to High Max prison.

Now I have to go and find everything illegal I can. Maybe even knuckle dusters, because moving into the 'town' is a magical trip that means nothing in the outside world applies.

Now where did I put that inner critic....
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 09:18:49 PM

This sounds more like a cult than a town. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown

Still around.
BitOmni

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:27:52 AM

How is the progress on this?

Any new updates recently?
hl5460
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 12:33:06 AM

This sounds more like a cult than a town. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown

"on November 18, 1978, 918 people died in the settlement, at a nearby airstrip,"

That's scary. the idea of BTC is decentralized with the network. Amassing a large group of people together in the name of BTC is ridiculous.

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 12:52:57 AM

"on November 18, 1978, 918 people died in the settlement, at a nearby airstrip,"

That's scary. the idea of BTC is decentralized with the network. Amassing a large group of people together in the name of BTC is ridiculous.

What's scary is one person deciding that an entire town needs to "protect, promote & repair" your mental health, is already dictating what kind of house you'll live in, what types of food you'll eat, what kind of crops and livestock you'll raise, how you'll congregate for worship, and how you'll go about hiring any labor for personal work.

What's even scarier is that some people think this is a good idea.

Still around.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 02:08:53 AM

How is the progress on this?

Any new updates recently?

well finshaggy only has 3BTC and is on a mad .. and i mean mad dash effort to make thousands of posts to get dev coins..

he has no experience of law apart from appearing in court as an accused person.
he has no expereince of construction beyond how to roll a joint
he has no expereince of farming beyond how to grow weed under a lamp
he has no expereince of state permits beyond a 30 second google search

.. so you tell me how is this adventure suppose to progress.

what makes this more interesting is that there is another guy that wants to make a bitcoin island. with the exact same lack of knowledge and experience required to make it work. and a deliberate side stepping of answering fundamental questions about the project, but in return gets insulting..

why oh why is it only the nutters with no experience that have the idea's that if done properly would help bitcoin.

please please please can someone with some actual real estate, construction and law experience please come forward.

edit: i take the last comment back.. with pirate@40's mom being in real estate, dad in construction and pirate himself knowing the law back to front.. maybe those qualifications are not enough to make a project like this work... lol

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Exoskeleton

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 03:39:48 AM

Journal of Bitcoin Town:

Dear mom, we don't have money for our own land yet so we are occupying a sidewalk. We have beer and free wi-fi so it's ok and our spirits are still high.

Its now months into our establishment and we have found some land. We should have a permanent structure up soon!

May not look like much, but its home.

Due to our very limited space we decided to bulid on it, literally.

I think we underestimated the waste disposal issue though...

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 04:38:26 AM

exoskeleton...

beautiful depiction of how it will turn out with finshaggy as the leader

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: