Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:33:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [EVE] DEVERY.IO - A decentralized verification protocol for developers  (Read 6143 times)
pepperidgefarms1

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:20:40 AM

This looks promising! Can you describe how the app will work?

The application consists of three main stages:

On the consumer-end app the user will only need to scan in the item or view the Shopify or Woocommerce plugins which show the availability and authenticity of the item on the retailer site querying the blockchain.

On the retailer end they will scan in the items to be made available on their online store.

Lastly on the manufacturing end is where the marking will occur on the item itself via a QR, NFC code on product itself with transactions consuming the EVE token.

A more in depth description of this process is available within the whitepaper: https://devery.io/whitepaper/Devery_Whitepaper_DRAFT3.pdf

Feel free to read and ask any questions you might have Smiley

Can I download the app on my phone to scan the NFC chip or QR code and see if it is legitimate?   
negafen (OP)

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 04:13:00 AM

This looks promising! Can you describe how the app will work?

The application consists of three main stages:

On the consumer-end app the user will only need to scan in the item or view the Shopify or Woocommerce plugins which show the availability and authenticity of the item on the retailer site querying the blockchain.

On the retailer end they will scan in the items to be made available on their online store.

Lastly on the manufacturing end is where the marking will occur on the item itself via a QR, NFC code on product itself with transactions consuming the EVE token.

A more in depth description of this process is available within the whitepaper: https://devery.io/whitepaper/Devery_Whitepaper_DRAFT3.pdf

Feel free to read and ask any questions you might have Smiley

Can I download the app on my phone to scan the NFC chip or QR code and see if it is legitimate?   

The Android and Apple apps are currently in the very early stages of development. We however have a working web demo and will be launching it in the next few weeks to the public. Currently, this demo will work with codes - but we will be incorporating QR code in the launch product. As for NFC, it is part of the roadmap but will not be available as soon

tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:27:33 AM

The project seems legit. Let's see who are their partners for this venture. Since a lot of sprouting projects are just mere trash, I hope this one is not.
Octavius

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:43:42 AM

Hi Andrew and Negafen

I run a technology ebay and amazon store in Russia and we have issue with imitation sellers selling under similar name as us.  We get complaint from their customer and it hurts our brand name. We tell ebay and amazon and it is too late by then. We need something like this to let our customer know what is real and fake. We dont know much about how to use blockchain but will this be easy to use? How do we get NFC chip and scan that we are real? I see other projects that do similar thing but they have not developed much and not user friendly.

I will follow you on telegram. We need a project like this for our business growth. Thank you for answering  Smiley
negafen (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 02:06:41 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2017, 11:58:26 AM by negafen

The project seems legit. Let's see who are their partners for this venture. Since a lot of sprouting projects are just mere trash, I hope this one is not.

Hi, thank you for the comment - I think you are right. Other than the ones which are obvious scams, there are also inherent risks in the business. One of the biggest difference we have from our competitors are that we expect this to be a very long battle. We are looking to raise funds to roll out the basic tech quickly but also sustain ourselves over a longer period. Unlike other teams, we are NOT looking to hire 30 staff and 15 advisors from the first day. We want to run a quality small dev team (which is costly) and get brands on boarded consistently throughout the process.

The other element is cost - for it to be feasible for everyone to use, it has to be cheap. The mechanics of that is a little tricky and one of the challenges is trying to balance the cost to get manufacturers to adopt the tech. Of course, we also do want anyone who starts a small indie store to also be able to tag their items from day one if they want

We'd be happy to have a chat further if you are keen. Also, if you have any feed back (positive or negative on our site, whitepaper, etc), we'd be happy to hear them

negafen (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 02:39:35 AM

Hi Andrew and Negafen

I run a technology ebay and amazon store in Russia and we have issue with imitation sellers selling under similar name as us.  We get complaint from their customer and it hurts our brand name. We tell ebay and amazon and it is too late by then. We need something like this to let our customer know what is real and fake. We dont know much about how to use blockchain but will this be easy to use? How do we get NFC chip and scan that we are real? I see other projects that do similar thing but they have not developed much and not user friendly.

I will follow you on telegram. We need a project like this for our business growth. Thank you for answering  Smiley

Hi Octavius - thank you, these are exactly the real use cases that we are trying to solve. We'd like to start out by saying that we have previously experienced the same issue you are facing and realised that this is a common issue amongst brands. It is what spurred us to come up with the solution.

The key concept here would be this - if you produced only 100 limited-edition products, you would buy 100 tags from us, and for each product you will assign the tag. At each point of it changing hands, you can have the ownership change, and this movement of the product will be permanently stored in the blockchain. In there future, no one can claim to own one item unless they have the associated tag.

At launch we will be trialling with QR codes as it is easier to implement. Later on, we will partner with hardware manufacturers to produce specific RFID tags that can be read by the NFC reader on Apple or Android phones.

For the manufacturers, we will build apps that will plug in directly to the ecommerce sites and APIs that can be used to integrate into the current software that they use. One crucial adoption bit is that the technology is going to be largely invisible. We will provide the generic apps, Apple and Android mobile apps, and api access for free.

How do you currently mitigate against imitation products and could you tell us a bit more about your business?

jungleMonkey

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:56:29 AM

Same. This is a proper use case for the blockchain. I hope it deosn't turn into vaporware like all the chinese attempts to prevent fake goods (ironic lol)
skiorf

Activity: 812
Merit: 310

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:17:44 AM

The concept of this project is very interesting, security for e-commerce and customers, will be very useful for smooth business transactions.
negafen (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 03:51:17 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2017, 07:14:48 AM by negafen

Same. This is a proper use case for the blockchain. I hope it deosn't turn into vaporware like all the chinese attempts to prevent fake goods (ironic lol)

We are based in Australia if that helps. We will actually be starting with the local aussie market as there are many niche players that would be more willing to try out solutions - once we have the implementation process ironed out, we then intend to move on to larger retailers and other countries
negafen (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 03:52:46 AM

The concept of this project is very interesting, security for e-commerce and customers, will be very useful for smooth business transactions.

Have you faced this as a concern when making e-commerce purchases?
Fredericolitch

Activity: 82

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:08:34 PM

Greetings from Hong Kong
Do you have an email I can contact? I have partnerships with retail chains here and we are interested in implementing this technology.
jungleMonkey

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:42:46 PM

We are based in Australia if that helps!! We will actually be starting with the local aussie market as there are many niche players that would be more willing to try out solutions - once we have the implementation process ironed out, we then intend to move on to larger retailers and other countries

Okay that makes it better. I think you are the only English project doing this.
negafen (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 12:48:45 PM

Greetings from Hong Kong
Do you have an email I can contact? I have partnerships with retail chains here and we are interested in implementing this technology.

Hey, yes, I'll drop you a pm Smiley
negafen (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 12:54:07 PM

We are based in Australia if that helps!! We will actually be starting with the local aussie market as there are many niche players that would be more willing to try out solutions - once we have the implementation process ironed out, we then intend to move on to larger retailers and other countries

Okay that makes it better. I think you are the only English project doing this.

You are right as far as we are aware. Interestingly, while a large part of the global supply chain is in China, our initial customers will be niche brands selling higher value products - and some of these are made locally, such as wines, etc. The expectation is that once we have the solution for these with simpler, integrated supply chains, we will then expand to the more complex ones.

p.s. feel free to join our small-ish telegram group. We are trying to build it organically - and gathering people who may be interested in following the progress.
Octavius

Activity: 107

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:16:00 PM

Hi Andrew and Negafen

Hi Octavius - thank you, these are exactly the real use cases that we are trying to solve. We'd like to start out by saying that we have previously experienced the same issue you are facing and realised that this is a common issue amongst brands. It is what spurred us to come up with the solution.

The key concept here would be this - if you produced only 100 limited-edition products, you would buy 100 tags from us, and for each product you will assign the tag. At each point of it changing hands, you can have the ownership change, and this movement of the product will be permanently stored in the blockchain. In there future, no one can claim to own one item unless they have the associated tag.

At launch we will be trialling with QR codes as it is easier to implement. Later on, we will partner with hardware manufacturers to produce specific RFID tags that can be read by the NFC reader on Apple or Android phones.

For the manufacturers, we will build apps that will plug in directly to the ecommerce sites and APIs that can be used to integrate into the current software that they use. One crucial adoption bit is that the technology is going to be largely invisible. We will provide the generic apps, Apple and Android mobile apps, and api access for free.

How do you currently mitigate against imitation products and could you tell us a bit more about your business?

We send email to our customer warning of knock off and we complain to ebay and amazon. It is too late when we do this. Customer already harmed and they complain to us.

We run a big technology store in Russia and Ukraine and we sell custom televisions. We have big name here and competitors use our name to sell fakes and bad electronics  Sad
Viro

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:36:43 PM

when is the ico launch?
songoku89

Activity: 61

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:02:20 AM

Interesting project. I am joining - Reserve Vietnamese translation !
atleticofa_hacked

Activity: 67

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:10:51 AM

vechain website 404s   Roll Eyes

negafen (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 11:48:27 AM

vechain website 404s   Roll Eyes

We can't slander competitors.. It is a challenging space for which we think we have a more realistic & achievable solution.

Do let us know if you have any views on the industry or our solution - we are definitely open to improving as we go along
kingboonz

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:13:05 PM

Huge thread on Devery ICO on 4chan /biz/. Expect more people to come over the next few days.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: