Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:54:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: S.MG - The Ministry of Games.  (Read 27114 times)
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 03:55:57 PM

Nah, I've no interest in getting into an argument about this.
A pity, it could've been quite fun!

If you are considering investing, i believe I've pointed enough out so you know the right questions and risks.
Don't worry, I would never have touched anything related to mpoe/mpex even before both you and thestringpuller "clearly pointed out" what was dead wrong with his "plan" and his attitude Wink

I hope the gaming industry will stop luring businessmen such as him, because they really hurt the industry as a whole :/

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 04:31:46 PM

Hmm, well I have edited my post somewhat as I was deeply unimpressed with the blog post about the MMO, and the attitude towards people submitting artwork.

One can never know whether something will be a success, but you do learn to work out the odds.
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 04:47:25 PM

Hmm, well I have edited my post somewhat as I was deeply unimpressed with the blog post about the MMO, and the attitude towards people submitting artwork.

One can never know whether something will be a success, but you do learn to work out the odds.

I sometimes invest "leftover BTC" after reinvesting divs in some of these companies with an unclear earning model. The amount of money is too little to care about but if only one of them strikes it rich I might hold something of value in the future. The TAT passthrough is cheap enough on Havelock.
ffssixtynine

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 05:08:39 PM

I sometimes invest "leftover BTC" after reinvesting divs in some of these companies with an unclear earning model. The amount of money is too little to care about but if only one of them strikes it rich I might hold something of value in the future. The TAT passthrough is cheap enough on Havelock.

Send it to me and you can have a copy of Eufloria Wink

Yes, I do the same sometimes.
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 05:35:34 PM

Much better now! : D
(was very good even before the edit, of course)

MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 10:48:55 PM

I didn't imagine you were. Basically you're just here in the hopes of being taken seriously/at your word on the grounds of just so. It won't happen. See here.

I hope the gaming industry will stop luring businessmen such as him, because they really hurt the industry as a whole :/

Dude. Shut the fuck up about "the industry". On this Internet everyone knows you're a dog, you have no business with "the industry".

The TAT passthrough is cheap enough on Havelock.

If/Once you get over yourself you'll probably find your way to the assets chan, where you can join the actual movers and shakers laughing at at all the clueless noobs thinking that.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
ffssixtynine

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 10:58:06 PM

I didn't imagine you were. Basically you're just here in the hopes of being taken seriously/at your word on the grounds of just so. It won't happen. See here.

Dude. Shut the fuck up about "the industry". On this Internet everyone knows you're a dog, you have no business with "the industry".

If/Once you get over yourself you'll probably find your way to the assets chan, where you can join the actual movers and shakers laughing at at all the clueless noobs thinking that.

And the above responses demonstrate everything you should need to know.

I really hope people take the time to evaluate this investment properly. It's absolutely ludicrous to have this person fronting it IMHO, let alone my issues with the investment itself given what little is known about it and the MMO information released thus far.

MPOE, if people want to trust you then that's their right. However, your constant misdirection and insults to people in this thread are not doing you or the fund any good whatsoever.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:48:54 PM

However, your constant misdirection and insults to people in this thread are not doing you or the fund any good whatsoever.

You are not in a position to evaluate what does what. This is because you are stupid, too stupid even to realize exactly how stupid you are. Shut up and lurk more. Supposedly very mild tutoring in the subject matter is sufficient to help improve your lacking metacognitive abilities, even if it won't do much for your actual skill and ability. At the point you finally realize just how utterly stupid you are, you may be in a position to (humbly!) ask questions. That comes much, much before being in a position to make statements.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
ffssixtynine

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:52:20 PM

However, your constant misdirection and insults to people in this thread are not doing you or the fund any good whatsoever.

You are not in a position to evaluate what does what. This is because you are stupid, too stupid even to realize exactly how stupid you are. Shut up and lurk more. Supposedly very mild tutoring in the subject matter is sufficient to help improve your lacking metacognitive abilities, even if it won't do much for your actual skill and ability. At the point you finally realize just how utterly stupid you are, you may be in a position to (humbly!) ask questions. That comes much, much before being in a position to make statements.

Yeah, err, whatever. Erm, are you on medication?! Kind of half serious.
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:55:51 PM

I'm both amazed and terrified by the fact that people not only still read him, but give him their money too!
However, there is plenty of people who falls for totally obvious scams too, so I shouldn't be surprised if they fall for him (at least he's one single small step above the scammers).

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:18:27 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2013, 12:38:46 AM by MPOE-PR

Yeah.
I've put up with MPOE-PR for too long.

It is time to press that highlighted text under his name!  

LOL!

First month things seem to be calming down... profits are up... and boom goes Erik with some ridiculous news again.

Ok.

5K for an IT guy.

Nope, now it's 10K.

And the fiat-exchange is calculated whenever you so desire, how convenient.

Oh, and now the US is blocked from playing, because... you know, one day they could get mad at us and that would be bad so to mitigate "bad" why not just block the country!  Why not block ALL the countries?  It's possible that within each national jurisdiction they come after big bad SDICE!

Not done yet!  Let's hire a PR guy/gal to do... PR stuff "what's that?!" you say?  A PR person.  For doing PR things.  Like rehashing things Erik says and informing us of bad news, once per month.  Let's pay this person a bunch of money to make 5 posts/month too!

Lose BTC last month, no dividends, not a big deal.  No ideas being brought forward as to how to address this issue.  Whatevs, just SDICE, guys!

Profits up this month, woooohoo!

Nope, guys, come on, Erik used ~6000BTC of his own BTC to float the betting pool (we have a NET profit of over 70000BTC since dooglus started calculating the finances... and somehow, of that 70000BTC, we don't have enough in the pool all of a sudden?

What a convenient time for a loan pull!

BUT ITS OK.  BECAUSE ERIK'S GOING TO PUT HIS DIVIDENDS IN THE POOL NOW.  OK, so let's get this straight, Erik, you come to us saying you want to take out 6000BTC of your own personal loan... and then say "nevermind, I'll just give you guys that, and make another loan out of my dividends?"

What the flying fuck is going on with this disaster of a company?!?!?!?
There is NO accountability here at all.  It's an unmitigated disaster (if it isn't now, with this leadership, it certainly will be in the future).

Anyone who thinks this ship is heading to shore with Erik at the helm is deluded.

I'm out of this thread for good.  

Good luck investors.

So basically you're a little butthurt that your oh-so-expert bullshit went nowhere, and so time to pretend like reality doesn't exist and didn't just piss all over you. Well done, but the problem is in your head. The solution you imagine you've found won't help it any.

The same goes for the rest of you idiots doddering around here.

I'm both amazed and terrified by the fact that people not only still read him, but give him their money too!
However, there is plenty of people who falls for totally obvious scams too, so I shouldn't be surprised if they fall for him (at least he's one single small step above the scammers).

Read up about how GLBSE died. Then you'll be just as terrified, but for much better cause.

ex-trader

Activity: 298

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:25:12 PM

+1,000,000

They've been warned though and time will pass at which point they can evaluate their judgement.....
Peter Lambert

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:28:51 PM

And the above responses demonstrate everything you should need to know.

I thought the response was great. It addressed the concerns raised in a direct and concise manner.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
LordMeowMeow

Activity: 617

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 02:31:00 PM

I had some interest in learning about MG because I'm a gamer, investor, etc.. but after reading this entire thread it's clear to me that this is no investment. There's no experience to speak of, no real plan that I can see and MP comes across as the biggest douche on the internet. Get over yourself dude, you might learn a thing or two.

It's mind blowing MG has been able to raise any sort of funds. The community really needs to be a lot more diligent.
Peter Lambert

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 02:39:44 PM

I had some interest in learning about MG because I'm a gamer, investor, etc.. but after reading this entire thread it's clear to me that this is no investment. There's no experience to speak of, no real plan that I can see and MP comes across as the biggest douche on the internet. Get over yourself dude, you might learn a thing or two.

It's mind blowing MG has been able to raise any sort of funds. The community really needs to be a lot more diligent.

They did not only raise a bunch of money (roughly equivalent to 1 million USD), but the share price has roughly doubled since the IPO. So I guess the people with money disagree with you.

Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 02:43:56 PM

They did not only raise a bunch of money (roughly equivalent to 1 million USD), but the share price has roughly doubled since the IPO. So I guess the people with money disagree with you.
People are often stupid.
Look at how many throw their money at obvious scams.
Look at how many don't even try to get the money back after they have been scammed.

ffssixtynine

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 02:54:20 PM

Has it actually raised 1 million dollars? Really?

Oh dear.
Peter Lambert

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:23:15 PM

Has it actually raised 1 million dollars? Really?

Oh dear.

I guess it actually raised 9000 btc, no actual dollars. You can look at the history over on mpex.co

ffssixtynine

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:32:58 PM

I did look. I just, well, wow.

Mpoe, don't let them down.
usagi
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 04:30:36 PM

[...]
If/Once you get over yourself you'll probably find your way to the assets chan...

MPOE-PR, leaving aside the blindingly obvious, what do you think of this: http://www.tsukino.ca/netwhack/

It's something I put together in my spare time on and off the first few years I was teaching English in Japan. It seems to me that Mircea is interested (somewhat) in those old-school type of games. Notice the interface. Anyway, with a bit of serious love it could rival Nethack. If you understand what I am talking about, and have ever played a monetized MUD (i.e. Medievia) you will know there is a market here.

The question I pose to you is, will you turn down an easy market? If you would like, maybe we can work together and S.MG can publish my game. If you want to talk terms may I suggest a 70%-30% split in favor of S.MG contingent upon a list of features being added to the game at your discretion; I am also more than willing to work for shares in the company as any participant in a startup should be. Let me know!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: