Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:38:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Truth About Hazard's Altcoin Creation Service  (Read 2332 times)
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:49:35 PM

Thank you all for pimping my link.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:52:11 PM

He is clearly implying that he is offering a service providing REAL coding (what he is really doing is taking advantage of the fact that most people don't understand how easy it is to do what he is doing and representing himself as a REAL coder doing REAL coding for a fee.

0.5 BTC... That is more than $50 USD for him to edit numerical values in about 6 lines of code. He is not doing ANY coding, he is editing values.

He is ripping you off at 0.5 BTC and you are defending him while he does it.

Again, I could care less that he is creating coins with no new innovations, check my post history, I defend new scrypt clones all the time that have no new features. What I am complaining about is his misrepresentation of being a real coder providing a real coding service to the unknowing society at large.
Perhaps you shall start your own services? Charging less, and in the correct description of the service provided? Heck, since Simran gave us that link that teaches everybody, we shall all start our own value editing service. Bitcointalk.org's Alternative cryptocurrencies Creation Group! We're the first members to join, how does it feel to be the genesis value editor members? I for one am foaming at the mouth in excitement!
c4n10 (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:52:18 PM

Yeah, someone also posted a tutorial here too...Whats your point? People pay Hazard, because its easier, and they have the BTC for it. Who gives a shit?
Also, Hazard compiles the clients for them, which, as I understand it, is really the hardest part

So then he should be advertising himself as a shortcut for lazy people, not as a real developer for those who don't know how to code. What he is doing is not worth $50.

If people want to pay to have someone edit code for them to create alt-coin clones with nothing new I'll do it for $10 a pop then. That's how fast, easy and streamlined the process of making a new coin with just basic edited crap is, I will do it for $10 a pop and have your coin ready within 24 hours with github source code, linux binaries and windows binaries.

I will not only do it cheaper, but I won't pretend to call it coding or development either, because it's not.
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:56:50 PM

Yeah, someone also posted a tutorial here too...Whats your point? People pay Hazard, because its easier, and they have the BTC for it. Who gives a shit?
Also, Hazard compiles the clients for them, which, as I understand it, is really the hardest part

So then he should be advertising himself as a shortcut for lazy people, not as a real developer for those who don't know how to code. What he is doing is not worth $50.

If people want to pay to have someone edit code for them to create alt-coin clones with nothing new I'll do it for $10 a pop then. That's how fast, easy and streamlined the process of making a new coin with just basic edited crap is, I will do it for $10 a pop and have your coin ready within 24 hours with github source code, linux binaries and windows binaries.

I will not only do it cheaper, but I won't pretend to call it coding or development either, because it's not.
Do you accept altcoins for payment? Cheesy
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:00:46 AM

I accept payment in BQC, BTB, BTC, BTE, CNC, DGC, DVC, FRC, FRK, FTC, IXC, LKY, LTC, NMC, MNC, NBL, PPC, PWC, PXC, RUC, TRC, WDC, and YAC.
shakezula

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:04:20 AM

I was offering to do them in his thread for 5LTC for the same reason...these LTC clones aren't worth much more. Of course I was also self-moderated from his thread. Later I saw him taking credit for telling me how to make my own coin...ha, well if you want to know how to do something, you must ask right? He gave me a few pointers but left out the important bits "checkpoints.cpp"...Whatever, that made me want to know how to do it even more. I published the guide as the end result of "figuring it all out" and in the sprit of free information. I'm actually writing a thesis on crypto currency (slowly).

Truth is there's a reason all of Hazard's coins are based on the number 420 in some way shape or form. They take about an hour to produce and that's including making the graphics from scratch. That said, if he can profit from doing something with free software that others can't (or won't) there's no faulting that. There are limits to good taste though, VAG is about the lamest idea for a coin yet, and don't say you are trying to prove a point--that's a pretty dumb point.

I think Hazard's worst offense is thread bumping with " Grin" Gahh, I haaaate that.
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:09:35 AM

It is worth, what people are willing to pay. Free market. And make sure you compile the windows binaries

Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:09:51 AM

Streisand Effect! I was thinking about making an altcoin a year ago, but was daunted by the complexity of both defining and coding it. Maybe I shouldn't assume I'll have to code everything...
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:14:55 AM

It is worth, what people are willing to pay. Free market. And make sure you compile the windows binaries

Of course, that is what I have mxe for.
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:15:31 AM

I accept payment in BQC, BTB, BTC, BTE, CNC, DGC, DVC, FRC, FRK, FTC, IXC, LKY, LTC, NMC, MNC, NBL, PPC, PWC, PXC, RUC, TRC, WDC, and YAC.
Oh sweet baby jesus, stop it, my sides are splitting in laughter! Cheesy

Where's the 'Hates altcoin builder, offers altcoin building service, accepts all hated altcoins as payment' meme when you need it!
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:20:08 AM

Where's the 'Hates altcoin builder, offers altcoin building service, accepts all hated altcoins as payment' meme when you need it!

Is your trouble with reading or comprehension...? As already stated multiple times in this thread, my problem is not that he is offering a coin-building service for useless coins, my problem is that he is misrepresenting himself as a real developer doing real coding work when all he is doing is editing a few numerical values in existing code and he is ripping off the people he is working for because they don't know the difference.

Keep laughing while you defend those who exploit the ignorant and uneducated.
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 12:21:31 AM

Stay ignorant Cheesy

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:23:44 AM

Stay ignorant Cheesy

bearly there....

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:24:51 AM

Is your trouble with reading, or comprehension...? As already stated multiple times in this thread, my problem is not that he is offering a coin-building service for useless coins, my problem is that he is misrepresenting himself as a real developer doing real coding work when all he is doing is editing a few numerical values in existing code and he is ripping off the people he is working for because they don't know the difference.

Keep laughing while you defend those who exploit the ignorant and uneducated.
I understand that you think the advertising and misleading words are what makes you upset I was just acknowledging something that was pretty damn funny it's okay don't worry :-)
Twerka

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:44:48 AM

I'm against the Hazard service, but I think he is being fair. We all know that he is only doing some lines modifications to launch the coins, or do you spected to create a full new and shinny bitcoin competitor?

it's not Hazard fault if somebody pay him to make crapcoins...

The worst enemy of Bitcoin is Mt.Gox exchange.
rickC137
Copper Member

Activity: 41
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:40:46 PM

Time is money, friend.

Paid for order 2407 with rush processing (48 hour turnaround time) yesterday.

Also, fwiw, the service offered is more than a few lines of code now that the hash & difficulty algos are different... I am a reasonably technical person and I anticipate the changes would have taken me at least 1-2 weeks given my unfamiliarity with the codebase...

Anyway, looking forward to posting a positive experience here.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: