Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:18:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: scammer in our midst? (oldsport)  (Read 1807 times)
Viceroy (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:53:27 PM

There are at least 2 unresolved scammer claims against oldsport:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=202313.0

notice he is using a self moderated thread the same as liberty and saudibull.  

coincidence?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=201257.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=193205.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=193190.0

here he sells liberty
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=142076.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fbastage

Activity: 367
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:37:51 PM

not coincidence

http://otc.armed.us/otc/?%@%.76.124.34.93%

buyer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:00:57 AM

Oldsport just hijacked my thread along with his little juvenile friend crumbcake.  Quite and unprofessional way to act in the currency threads. 

It would not suprise me to learn that Oldsport is a scammer.  I've read some of the threads he is mentioned in and it is suprising that nobody has come held him to any standard of decency or standard.  His feable response in that scammer thread is attroicious.

The accused's type of repeated chilidsh activity really destroys this forum as a trading platform.

Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:22:41 AM

Oldsport just removed this from two posts:

There are at least 2  FOUR unresolved scammer claims against oldsport:
Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:36:46 AM

For the record I have NEVER traded with oldsport.
crumbcake

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:37:17 AM

Oldsport just removed this from two posts:

There are at least 2  FOUR unresolved scammer claims against oldsport:

Though none against me!
U can nevar haz mah freedomz!!!1
Forgot to go find TradeFortress just had a bit of deja-vu
Surprised he isn't commenting or was that someone else

ROBOTIC JUSTICE!

YAY:

He's such a scammer. So I did some digging. Here he is having a conversation with HIMSELF (FUNNY HE CALLS OUT THE SELF-MODERATION OF THREADS, SEEMS LIKE YOU'RE IMPLEMENTING SCAMMER HABITS):

https://i.imgur.com/3JsEnNg.png

Trying to act like he and himself are not one in the same.

Either he has a bad case of bipolar or the trailer park drugz have gotten to him!!

DONT BUY FROM HIS SITE SELLBITCOINSFORCASH.COM!!!

user: buyer actively deleting posts both in this thread and here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=224763.msg2392522#msg2392522 .

Dear Sock! (you are a sock, see here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=224763.msg2368173#msg2368173) Cheesy
You have asked me if i'm a lawyer.  I am not.  Like "your friend," the crypto currency collector, i'm a collector of sorts myself.  And a barterer.
I collect, and barter in, LOLCOWS.  And you look like you're prime for milkin'.  Shall we begin?

This fine specimen, from OP's site, proves that a pint of JD & a smidgen of household greed is all it takes to fashion a DIY FAQ:

Frequently Asked Questions & Terms of Service

Q: What is Sell Bitcoin for Cash.com?
A: This is a site where people can barter Bitcoins in exchange for items that they may desire. The site is operated by a U.S. based private investor who collects Bitcoin and other crypto currencies. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Smileys & boldface mine throughout -- my lolcow is still in training. -ed

Q: What does Sell Bitcoin for Cash pay for Bitcoin?
A: Once you start the barter process through this site you will see that I share with you the current specific purchase offer Huh which you are free to accept or reject. I try to make the "price" Huh fair for you and for me. If you have suggestions to improve my "pricing policy" please contact me. Huh Grin Cheesy

Q: Is Sell Bitcoin for Cash an exchange like Mt Gox or BTC-E?
A: NO. Sell Bitcoin for Cash is run by a private individual who collects Bitcoin,  Cheesy Cheesy this site is not offering to sell any Bitcoin. I am simply a buyer of Bitcoin who wanted to offer an easy way for people to sell their crypto coins to me. My lolcow promises to be more consistent in the future, -ed

Q: Is Sell Bitcoin for Cash available for anyone to use?
A: NO. It is the USER'S responsibility to make sure they are compliant with all their local and state laws. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy If your government says you need some special license and I do not know about that special license you cannot make me liable for YOUR mistake.  Shocked Every user agrees to be responsible for their own actions. Each and every user agrees to hold me harmless of any crime  LOLZ!!! -ed  or act and each and every user agrees to reverse or vacate the transaction as necessary if it is later found out that the buying of your bitcoin was illegal where you or I am. If you are from California or New York or the Commonwealth of Virginia (or any other US state or Territory) please do not attempt to transact with me. LOOOL! -ed I have no interest in your state's interpretations or misinterpretations of what money might or might not be. Do not use my site if you are an American. Or if you are in any place where selling me bitcoin for something I offer is illegal you MUST LEAVE THIS SITE IMMEDIATELY AND NEVER COME BACK until YOU are and I are both compliant with YOUR existing or currently unknown or not yet conceived of local or state laws.

Q: Is Sell Bitcoin for Cash available for Americans?
A: NO. See above. America is undecided about what a bitcoin may or may not be and it will take years to sort it all out. This service is for non-Americans. Sorry America you will need to find some other way to spend your hard earned bitcoins. I will not take your business if you are an American. Sorry. Please go away. I'm serious.

Q: What are "MoneyPak Codes" and how are they related to a "Green Dot" Debit Card?
A: In short Green Dot makes a re loadable Visa that you can refill using a code that I may sell you. The Green Dot Corporation, which I am not in any way affiliated with, makes personalized Visa cards which are sold through retail stores nationwide including 7-11, Walmart, most grocery stores and most drug stores. These Visa cards can be reloaded with a MoneyPak code which can be purchased from these very same retailers. Once the code is loaded to the card the personalized card can be used to withdraw cash from automatic teller machines at these same retailers.

Q: How do I use an MP Code to refill a GD Card?
A: First you'll need to purchase a Green Dot Debit Card from one of 50,000 retail locations in the USA for about $4.95. Next you'll need to REGISTER the card which is required BEFORE you can use a MP Code to reload it. After registration the personalized GD Debit Card can used just like any other debit card even allowing free cash withdrawals at thousands of ATM's.

Q: Do I need a bank account to use this service?
A: NO, I do not want your money and I do not send you money. I am only bartering one item for another.

Q: Do I need to provide you identification or some type of private information to use this service?
A: NO. At this time I do not need any type of information from you accept a bitcoin address I might use to refund a failed purchase.

Q: Does Sell Bitcoin for Cash sell bitcoin?
A: NO, I am only a buyer at this time. There are several places you can go to buy Bitcoin, this is a good place to start: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_bitcoins

Q: Why should I trust you will deliver the code?
A: Happy to demonstrate my offering with a small order (~$20US).

Q: Will you be offering any other methods to "cash out" of Bitcoin?
A: YES. I am always seeking trustworthy methods to deliver value to fellow barterers. In fact, if you have an items you would like to barter with me please let me know!

Q: Where do you get the moneyPak's you sell?
A: I buy them at a local retailer and I pay cash.

Q: Are you affilitated with GreenDot, Visa or 7-11 Walmart?
A: NO. My only relationship with these companies is that I am customers of their products from time to time.

Specifically:

MoneyPAK and Green Dot are registered trademarks of the Green Dot Corportation with whom I am in no way related except that I am often a customer of their products.

VISA is a registered trademark of the VISA Corportation with whom I am in no way related except that I am often a customer of their products.

Walmart is a registered trademark of the Walmart Corportation with whom I am in no way related except that I am often a customer of their products.

7-11 is a registered trademark of the Southland Corportation with whom I am in no way related except that I am often a customer of their products.
[/quote]
user: buyer actively deleting posts both in this thread and here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=224763.msg2392522#msg2392522 .

Dear Sock! (you are a sock, see here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=224763.msg2368173#msg2368173) Cheesy
You have asked me if i'm a lawyer.  I am not.  Like "your friend," the crypto currency collector, i'm a collector of sorts myself.  And a barterer.
I collect, and barter in, LOLCOWS.  And you look like you're prime for milkin'.  Shall we begin?

This fine specimen, from OP's site, proves that a pint of JD & a smidgen of household greed is all it takes to fashion a DIY FAQ:

Frequently Asked Questions & Terms of Service

Q: What is Sell Bitcoin for Cash.com?
A: This is a site where people can barter Bitcoins in exchange for items that they may desire. The site is operated by a U.S. based private investor who collects Bitcoin and other crypto currencies. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Smileys & boldface mine throughout -- my lolcow is still in training. -ed

Q: What does Sell Bitcoin for Cash pay for Bitcoin?
A: Once you start the barter process through this site you will see that I share with you the current specific purchase offer Huh which you are free to accept or reject. I try to make the "price" Huh fair for you and for me. If you have suggestions to improve my "pricing policy" please contact me. Huh Grin Cheesy

Q: Is Sell Bitcoin for Cash an exchange like Mt Gox or BTC-E?
A: NO. Sell Bitcoin for Cash is run by a private individual who collects Bitcoin,  Cheesy Cheesy this site is not offering to sell any Bitcoin. I am simply a buyer of Bitcoin who wanted to offer an easy way for people to sell their crypto coins to me. My lolcow promises to be more consistent in the future, -ed

Q: Is Sell Bitcoin for Cash available for anyone to use?
A: NO. It is the USER'S responsibility to make sure they are compliant with all their local and state laws. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy If your government says you need some special license and I do not know about that special license you cannot make me liable for YOUR mistake.  Shocked Every user agrees to be responsible for their own actions. Each and every user agrees to hold me harmless of any crime  LOLZ!!! -ed  or act and each and every user agrees to reverse or vacate the transaction as necessary if it is later found out that the buying of your bitcoin was illegal where you or I am. If you are from California or New York or the Commonwealth of Virginia (or any other US state or Territory) please do not attempt to transact with me. LOOOL! -ed I have no interest in your state's interpretations or misinterpretations of what money might or might not be. Do not use my site if you are an American. Or if you are in any place where selling me bitcoin for something I offer is illegal you MUST LEAVE THIS SITE IMMEDIATELY AND NEVER COME BACK until YOU are and I are both compliant with YOUR existing or currently unknown or not yet conceived of local or state laws.

Q: Is Sell Bitcoin for Cash available for Americans?
A: NO. See above. America is undecided about what a bitcoin may or may not be and it will take years to sort it all out. This service is for non-Americans. Sorry America you will need to find some other way to spend your hard earned bitcoins. I will not take your business if you are an American. Sorry. Please go away. I'm serious.

Q: What are "MoneyPak Codes" and how are they related to a "Green Dot" Debit Card?
A: In short Green Dot makes a re loadable Visa that you can refill using a code that I may sell you. The Green Dot Corporation, which I am not in any way affiliated with, makes personalized Visa cards which are sold through retail stores nationwide including 7-11, Walmart, most grocery stores and most drug stores. These Visa cards can be reloaded with a MoneyPak code which can be purchased from these very same retailers. Once the code is loaded to the card the personalized card can be used to withdraw cash from automatic teller machines at these same retailers.

Q: How do I use an MP Code to refill a GD Card?
A: First you'll need to purchase a Green Dot Debit Card from one of 50,000 retail locations in the USA for about $4.95. Next you'll need to REGISTER the card which is required BEFORE you can use a MP Code to reload it. After registration the personalized GD Debit Card can used just like any other debit card even allowing free cash withdrawals at thousands of ATM's.

Q: Do I need a bank account to use this service?
A: NO, I do not want your money and I do not send you money. I am only bartering one item for another.

Q: Do I need to provide you identification or some type of private information to use this service?
A: NO. At this time I do not need any type of information from you accept a bitcoin address I might use to refund a failed purchase.

Q: Does Sell Bitcoin for Cash sell bitcoin?
A: NO, I am only a buyer at this time. There are several places you can go to buy Bitcoin, this is a good place to start: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_bitcoins

Q: Why should I trust you will deliver the code?
A: Happy to demonstrate my offering with a small order (~$20US).

Q: Will you be offering any other methods to "cash out" of Bitcoin?
A: YES. I am always seeking trustworthy methods to deliver value to fellow barterers. In fact, if you have an items you would like to barter with me please let me know!

Q: Where do you get the moneyPak's you sell?
A: I buy them at a local retailer and I pay cash.

Q: Are you affilitated with GreenDot, Visa or 7-11 Walmart?
A: NO. My only relationship with these companies is that I am customers of their products from time to time.

Specifically:

MoneyPAK and Green Dot are registered trademarks of the Green Dot Corportation with whom I am in no way related except that I am often a customer of their products.

VISA is a registered trademark of the VISA Corportation with whom I am in no way related except that I am often a customer of their products.

Walmart is a registered trademark of the Walmart Corportation with whom I am in no way related except that I am often a customer of their products.

7-11 is a registered trademark of the Southland Corportation with whom I am in no way related except that I am often a customer of their products.

Oh, and quoted fo TRUTH!!!
Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:57:35 AM

And you are trolling this thread with your robotic spam because?
Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:54:25 PM

I pointed out that oldsport was a known scammer a month ago and he is still not tagged.

Since my report:
1) he has stolen peoples money
2) he has used several alts to steal peoples money
3) he participated in a 475 post spamfest along with crumbcake

Yet he is STILL NOT A SCAMMER or banned from these forums.

Can you not place a cookie in their browsers so you can identify them more easily?  You want me to write it for you?  This is INSANE!
2D

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 10:11:47 PM

Wasn't Oldsport requesting a loan right after getting out of Newbie jail?
Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:48:11 PM

scammer still scamming, admin doing nothing but watching oldsport steal

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=221204.0

Oldsport

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:13:12 PM

scammer still scamming, admin doing nothing but watching oldsport steal

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=221204.0

Stop making accounts and reporting me. If you want to be believable at least garnish up some posts with your pawns.

Can I get verification of this from someone that isn't an alt of buyer? In the meantime, please click the report to admin button and theymos will take care of it eventually...

Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:24:47 AM

For the record and contrary to the known scammer's accusation I have only started this single post on the subject.  Theymos can verify when he bans your pathetic ass.
Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:09:25 PM

bump
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: