Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:24:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Ripple Price: Do you think this is a bubble ?
Yes! - 44 (74.6%)
No! - 15 (25.4%)
Total Voters: 59

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple Price: Do you think this is a bubble ?  (Read 1796 times)
mah87 (OP)
Donator

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:38:34 AM

incorrect.  bitcoin generation has a cost to generate revenue.  if the costs exceed revenue miners leave the market until costs are inline with revenue.  that is a cots to generate.  

a miner is not going to sell 1 bitcoin that cost him $100 in electricity for $50.  That would be a loss.  

Tell me how much it cost to produce 1 ripple?

it cost 0.012$ to buy a ripple. whatever you buy it or "produce" it. Bitcoin difficulty is as much articifial than bitstamp controlled prices ... what make prices of virtual currencies is faith of people and media noise. Ripple offer a next step for virtual currencies that's it has so much success, anyway it doesn't mean that there is no bubble creating around ripple futur value.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 01:40:10 AM

ripple has an antispam measure but it's not the aim of this....   I don't get it.

Sounds like you are not familiar with XRP then, the excuse given for even having XRP exist at all is that they are the anti spam measure, by making it cost something to do transactions, with XRP being that something.

Have you actually read up on Ripple at all?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:43:31 AM

ripple has an antispam measure but it's not the aim of this....   I don't get it.

Sounds like you are not familiar with XRP then, the excuse given for even having XRP exist at all is that they are the anti spam measure, by making it cost something to do transactions, with XRP being that something.

Have you actually read up on Ripple at all?

-MarkM-

Yes and if i read well the "reserve" and small cost transaction (xrp destruction) is designed to avoid network spam. But where is it written that it is the main goal ? To me it seems just a way to avoid spam problem ...
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:44:49 AM

incorrect.  bitcoin generation has a cost to generate revenue.  if the costs exceed revenue miners leave the market until costs are inline with revenue.  that is a cots to generate.  

a miner is not going to sell 1 bitcoin that cost him $100 in electricity for $50.  That would be a loss.  

it cost 0.012$ to buy a ripple. whatever you buy it or "produce" it. Bitcoin difficulty is as much articifial than bitstamp controlled prices ... what make prices of virtual currencies is faith of people and media noise. Ripple offer a next step for virtual currencies that's it has so much success, anyway it doesn't mean that there is no bubble creating around ripple futur value.

you misinterpreted my question.  what does it cost to produce a ripple.  buy and produce are 2 different things.  most consumer don't know that.  what is the fabrication cost?  I can try to buy a ripple for .001 just as I can try to buy a bitcoin for the same price.  that is differnet from trying to produce a ripple for 001 and trying to produce a bitcoin for .001.  the effort to generate a ripple is an order of magnitude less to produce a ripple than a bit coin.  so a ripple has much less intrinsic value that a bitcoin does.  always will
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:53:07 AM

you misinterpreted my question.  what does it cost to produce a ripple.  buy and produce are 2 different things.  most consumer don't know that.  what is the fabrication cost?  I can try to buy a ripple for .001 just as I can try to buy a bitcoin for the same price.  that is differnet from trying to produce a ripple for 001 and trying to produce a bitcoin for .001.  the effort to generate a ripple is an order of magnitude less to produce a ripple than a bit coin.  so a ripple has much less intrinsic value that a bitcoin does.  always will

Cause you are looking at xrp as a "currency". What if we look at it as company shares ?
anderl

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:05:00 AM

Cause you are looking at xrp as a "currency". What if we look at it as company shares ?

you mean a derivative then?
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:16:22 AM

FUCK YOU!
Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:21:05 AM

It's impossible to guess the number of XRPs in circulation. Only a few developers know how much they received and how much they already sold on the market. But they promised to give away 50 billions (half of all XRPs) and it seems they decided to ignore that promise. The giving away thread has 5877 answers. Even if all of they were eligible and received on average 40,000 XRPs each, we would reach only about 235 million XRPs. That's nothing. But they kept limiting the number of XRPs for each given away. The recent given away to the subscribers of their mailing list was of 1000 XRPs? It seems clear that the 50 billion XRPs will never been given away, but probably kept in the developers deep pockets. Are they limiting the number to be given away in order to make the price of XRPs increase to get rich faster? Without a correct number about how many XRPs are in circulation, one can only use the 100 billion. In the end, they exist and can be sold by who ever controls Ripple. With this figure, Ripple is worth 2 billion USDs and that is a joke. All altcoins are loosing value (except novacoin), I doubt XRP can resist this (temporary) pessimism. I suspect we will be able to buy XRPs much cheaper than the current price. XRPs were once at 10,000 XRPs per bitcoin and then dropped to more than 130,000 per bitcoin: it might happen again.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:24:40 AM

It's impossible to guess the number of XRPs in circulation. Only a few developers know how much they received and how much they already sold on the market. But they promised to give away 50 billions (half of all XRPs) and it seems they decided to ignore that promise. The giving away thread has 5877 answers. Even if all of they were eligible and received on average 40,000 XRPs each, we would reach only about 235 million XRPs. That's nothing. But they kept limiting the number of XRPs for each given away. The recent given away to the subscribers of their mailing list was of 1000 XRPs? It seems clear that the 50 billion XRPs will never been given away, but probably kept in the developers deep pockets. Are they limiting the number to be given away in order to make the price of XRPs increase to get rich faster? Without a correct number about how many XRPs are in circulation, one can only use the 100 billion. In the end, they exist and can be sold by who ever controls Ripple. With this figure, Ripple is worth 2 billion USDs and that is a joke. All altcoins are loosing value (except novacoin), I doubt XRP can resist this (temporary) pessimism. I suspect we will be able to buy XRPs much cheaper than the current price. XRPs were once at 10,000 XRPs per bitcoin and then dropped to more than 130,000 per bitcoin: it might happen again.

In that respect ripple is more like diamonds where the supply on market is a tiny fraction of the amount locked away in vaults.  This is to create artificial scarcity otherwise diamond prices would crash 90% or more.  Bitcoin has properties like Gold, Ripple has properties like Diamonds.  One has been a store of value for centuries the other is an almost guaranteed loss over any extended period of time.
Trading
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:35:00 AM

I guess Ripple is acting like De Beers.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
anderl

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:48:46 AM

FUCK YOU!

lol
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:00:27 AM

I voted yes.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:30:19 AM

I'm holding it for long term maybe it will be 1USD/XRP
Nolo

Activity: 686

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:32:41 AM

I buy into the line of thinking that Ripple is a scam. 

I personally don't like it, and don't think it will survive long term.

I therefore dump any XRC as soon as I get them. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:32:52 AM

I'm holding it for long term maybe it will be 1USD/XRP

Maybe one day Ripple won't be a broken IOU system.

Then I might invest into XRPs.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:04:51 AM

I buy into the line of thinking that Ripple is a scam. 

I personally don't like it, and don't think it will survive long term.

I therefore dump any XRC as soon as I get them. 

+1

If XRP's are currently selling for a non zero ammount then yes its a bubble.
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:56:24 AM

I blame this incredibly annoying inability to correctly write and speak English on that stupid film "Honey I shrunk the kids".

Any educated individual can tell you it's "I sank" and "I shrank".  It's "I have sunk" and "I have shrunk".
Trading
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:44:38 PM

Since Ripple is a centralized anonymous system, it's an obvious target to be seized soon or later under money laundering accusations. It's curious how the liberty reserve case didn't affect XRP's price.

syn999

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:15:56 PM

how many ripples out there
100 billion

how many had the onecoin give away? not that many

price goes up right now

they are going to own the banks in the future

anderl

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:39:58 PM

I blame this incredibly annoying inability to correctly write and speak English on that stupid film "Honey I shrunk the kids".

Any educated individual can tell you it's "I sank" and "I shrank".  It's "I have sunk" and "I have shrunk".

you are fighting against the inevitable.  celebrate the idiocracy.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: