Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:30:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why altcoins decreased? ANSWER  (Read 1199 times)
staywoke081

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

Santa Coin

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:11:20 PM

Now we see all altcoins in blood. Why? Everybody sells their altcoins and buy BTC, because SegWit2x is coming. So, don't worry and just #hodl !

Agreed, when you have two upcoming forks it causes uncertainty in the market and can cause for some bloody days. Should have seen this coming though as the fork in August basically had the same thing happen leading

up to it. After the storm is over come November I expect alts to rebound with a decent vengeance.

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:51:51 PM

Most of the alt coins are scam coins attempting to rob you of your money and Bitcoin, you should not call them alt coin when they are listed on one exchange or in some cases on 5 exchanges, first make a list of 50 top exchanges in the world and see which of the alt coins are listed in all 50, the results are world shocking. BTC Ł Ð Ξ ɱ the coins you should consider alt coins. Bitcoin will hit $5000 soon and will dump after the fork.

🖤😏
Rahlar

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:06:03 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2017, 11:18:35 PM by Rahlar

Most of the alt coins are scam coins attempting to rob you of your money and Bitcoin, you should not call them alt coin when they are listed on one exchange or in some cases on 5 exchanges, first make a list of 50 top exchanges in the world and see which of the alt coins are listed in all 50, the results are world shocking. BTC Ł Ð Ξ ɱ the coins you should consider alt coins. Bitcoin will hit $5000 soon and will dump after the fork.

Not sure where in your ass you pulled this "top 50 exchanges" bs you speak of but you clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about. The top 5 exchanges trade more volume than all other exchanges put together, so being listed on 50, or 100 or whatever number you want to throw out there is completely irrelevant.  Its also funny that in your list of the 5 choices we should call "alt coins" you list bitcoin itself.  The only thing "world shocking" about the information you posted is how ignorant it is.

Put simply, people are selling their alts to buy into BTC before the fork to get their Bitcoin Gold.  Has nothing to do with alt coins being a scam.  The "alt coins" the guy above me listed are down just like everything else so ignore his lack of intelligence.
Meatbawl

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:20:35 PM

Thanks for explaining, i was also wondering this. Thinking of buying more now sinceI have a feeling that btc will crash. Good luck everyone
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:24:12 PM

Yes, because most people are moving their altcoins money to Bitcoin, because they know that they will earn free bitcoin gold on November, that is why the market suffered a big increase in the price today (more than 6% in the last 24 hours) so probably alts will go down more until btc price reaches $5k again.
But they will recover soon.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
Kenny001

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:28:53 PM

Nice week coming up $$$ all my orders are set. Some did go off already at extreme cheap prices. Money making from now on!

ChiNgadOr

Activity: 1680
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:37:15 PM

Take a close look at this..

With the crash in september because of the fud from JP Morgan ("bitcoin is fraud") and China (ban exchanges and icos), i remember the crypto marketcap dropped from 165B to 110B in no time, being 47% of this amount in bitcoin.
Now we still have a marketcap of 152B, but with 50,2% of bitcoin dominance. Bitcoin and other few in green, while rets of the market with red candles sinking. So it seems obvious to think that not many people have sold and converted to fiat, just changed their assets from altcoins to bitcoin in order to receive some "free money" from the coming fork that will take place this month.
If you got money, it is a great time to buy in the bloody road, otherwise, you better HOLD and keep your portfolio untouched, because you really dont know when market will stop falling. So the situation is far away better than the one we had on last crisis month. The money didnt dissapear, it is still around and will return soon to the altcoins. Dont be stupid, panic and give your money to the day traders... better time will come in near future; just forget for a while.

(sorry for my rude english.. it is not my native language)

┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐ Not your keys, not your coins. Binance (and any other CEX) can fuck off ┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐
Kenny001

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:50:26 PM

If u want to make money. It is the time now. Alts dropped to fast and will recover soon.
ahoenk

Activity: 1246
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:50:40 PM

Altcoin probably will goes down untill bitcoin hard fork. People wont missing out a second chance of free money. They expected the hard fork will give you free money through bitcoingold. But in fact when you see most people want it the price will not sky rocket or not much free money.

The good thing about hard fork we will see some fresh money moving to crypto and it will make marketcap bigger.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
flntyey

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:56:42 PM

Bitcoin price is still moving above..
grapevin

Activity: 232

I collect coins and tokens. HODL!

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:57:15 PM

It was the same with the previous bitcoin cash fork. Just before it, people were selling alts to hold BTC and get some free coins. Others may be panicking before the fork and selling all cryptos for fiat.

i agree.
but remember what happened after the fork?
lots of pumping with the new free money.
i remember all kinds of stuff going up.

I am looking for a new bounty campaign!
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:41:33 AM

Now we see all altcoins in blood. Why? Everybody sells their altcoins and buy BTC, because SegWit2x is coming. So, don't worry and just #hodl !

The upcoming SegWit2x might be one of the reasons why altcoins are in red color these days. But it is not the only reason. I guess, another reason why this is happening is that there is a particular trend at times that when Bitcoin is bullish, the altcoins will bear the negative effect. They will be on the receiving end of the line. But there is no need to worry about it.
crofly

Activity: 208

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:52:56 AM

The upcoming SegWit2x might be one of the reasons why altcoins are in red color these days. But it is not the only reason. I guess, another reason why this is happening is that there is a particular trend at times that when Bitcoin is bullish, the altcoins will bear the negative effect. They will be on the receiving end of the line. But there is no need to worry about it.
Before 2x comes another Fork with Bitcoin Gold on 25th.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:03:54 AM

why is everyone these days are surprised to see the altcoin dumps! that is a perfectly normal thing to happen to altcoins. in fact it is pretty common that altcoins get dumped like this. all together and all big. that is why we call them pump and dumps anyways.

i see some people came up with a lot of "reasons" for it like the bitcoin fork and bitcoin price,... but it really isn't that. it is simply because these altcoins were all in big bubbles and now they are bursting and price is coming down to normal levels which are logical prices not unrealistic and manipulated high prices.

Buying the dip...
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:04:57 AM

I will hold my altcoins and use my fiat to buy more bitcoin as history always repeat it self. Many people who buy bitcoin during the last August sigwit activation has the values of they coins double after the activation. Segwit2x activation is around the corner and buy bitcoin now is the right thing to do. I will also advise every one to hold they altcoins as during taking profits, coins is going to flow back to altcoins.
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:13:35 AM

Two ways to earn now,buy bitcoin and wait for the fork or buy alt in the dip and sell later
Well with my small capital,i choose to invest in some alt rather than btc because i don't have the money to make enough profit
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: