Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 05:52:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie introducing my self and my portfolio, Any advice greatly appreciated :-)  (Read 268 times)
Si H (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:18:28 PM

Hi, Im Simon. I got in to cryptocurrencies a couple of moths back after my dad mentioned that you can find/hunt or dig/mine for something called bitcoin on the internet, he went on to say that the creator of bitcoin had hidden bitcoin's all over the internet for people to find  Cheesy Shocked Of course i quickly found out this was not the case when i looked in to it lol. I have always loved playing around with computers and for the last year i have been buying broken laptops and fixing them then selling on ebay but i was starting to get board, So i though i might try a new project, I began reading on how to mine ethereum or any other crypto, I randomly bought a Geforce GTX 780 3gb, and managed to set my self up mining ethereum after messing about for a couple of weeks. I then discovered that obviously this card was far to old to mine with any profit, long story short i now have a mining rig with ATI And Nvidia making around 0.5 eth a month that i have been trading on bittrex. I Have only recently discovered that trading coins on bittrex is quite easy once you know the basics and i am really hoping to make a few ££$$ if its possible.

I discovered this forum a week ago and have been reading through so much and trying to learn what i can. But i thought its about time i registered and started asking questions and taking part and contributing in what looks like a great community.

I am wondering what is the best advice any one could give to a noob. I Have questions like

1. What would you say are the best coin's to invest in that are under £1 that might make some quick profit ?  Huh are there any  Huh ?

2. What would you say is the best coin to invest in for the long term ? I know that btc / eth / zcash / monero / are mighty strong but are there any others you can recommend ?

3. I'm interested in Bitcoin Gold and trying to get me head around what to do, Would it be worth me putting all my altcoins back in to bitcoin and keep it there until the change to get more BTC Gold ? is this how it will work ?
Or should i put my altcoins into bitcoin in the next week or 2, and then i am thinking that the altcoins price might drop while people put all there altcoins in to bitcoin to get more BTC Gold, When the altcoins drop just before BTC Gold activates i will buy back my altcoins cheaper while every one's investments are in BTC? Would something like this type of plan work ?

4. Any other advice any one can give me would be amazing.

I am quite new to all this so please excuse me if i seem a bit naive.

Thanks in advance and i hope i can become a contributing member once i have a little experience.  Below is my current portfolio :-) I would be grateful for any comments about my portfolio and any changes you think might be wise

BTC 0.058 .....£202  <--- The big boy of all cryptocurrencies  Grin
NEO 5.00 .....£128 <---- Dont know if i want to keep or sell this  Huh
ADA 7,546.20 .....£119   <---  impulse buy with it being new and cheap (i am £4 in profit lol) iv seen mixed reviews but thinking of keeping to see what happens ??  Tongue
ETH 0.500 .....£119    (Currently mining and trading for other cryptos) I know this is a good Crypto. I like ethereum   Grin
BAT 393.00 .....£59 seen some good comments around this  Wink
XRP 393.00 .....£60   Good old ripple, i believe its like marmite, you love it or hate it. My dad loves this for no reason at all haha.  Roll Eyes
ADX 75.00 .....£57 good comments floating around regarding this  Cheesy
Waves 7.00 ......£24 also good comments floating around  Cheesy
BCC 0.0775 ......£20 got this free when just after i bought some bitcoin  Shocked
Burst 500.00 ......£2.97   <--- random buy while i was trying hard drive mining  Roll Eyes
eBTC 57.00  .....£13   <---- bought being silly when i saw it jump 500% rookie mistake  Lips sealed

HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:30:59 PM

Hello and welcome!

Please note that here you will find answers that helps those writing them and not you.

My answer to some of your questions:
1) I have a rule - if it is premined, it is a scam, there are coins which proved there is no need for a premine so for me all premined coins are scam.
2) Non-minable coins are scam. Mining gives a coin value, with other factors as well but as of now, I don't see any good coins that are not Minable.

Some examples of coins I believe everyone should hold:
BTC, BCH (Bitcoin Cash), Litecoin, Monero, Siacoin (if you have a lot of info and need storage, it's perfect for this).

Good luck, Simon.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
NaissuR

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:41:17 PM

only about ADA i can say that its not bad impulsive buy
i bought too...
remmember that most of the investors are japanese.. i dont think that its going to full much
they are known for their patience    Smiley

J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:51:42 PM

Okay so let's break your portfolio down.

BTC 0.058 .....£202  <--- The big boy of all cryptocurrencies  Grin

I would recommend stocking up some more, try to buy if bitcoin nose dives again (maybe this will happen in november).
NEO 5.00 .....£128 <---- Dont know if i want to keep or sell this  Huh

I don't hold NEO myself but you shouldn't sell. You might be able to sell for a profit in the near future.

ADA 7,546.20 .....£119   <---  impulse buy with it being new and cheap (i am £4 in profit lol) iv seen mixed reviews but thinking of keeping to see what happens ??  Tongue
BAT 393.00 .....£59 seen some good comments around this  Wink
XRP 393.00 .....£60   Good old ripple, i believe its like marmite, you love it or hate it. My dad loves this for no reason at all haha.  Roll Eyes
ADX 75.00 .....£57 good comments floating around regarding this  Cheesy
Waves 7.00 ......£24 also good comments floating around  Cheesy
Burst 500.00 ......£2.97   <--- random buy while i was trying hard drive mining  Roll Eyes
eBTC 57.00  .....£13   <---- bought being silly when i saw it jump 500% rookie mistake  Lips sealed

Hmm... If you want to be succesful investing in crypto you've got to be able to control yourself man. Buying coins just because you heard it was 'good' or feeling like buying a certain coin isn't a good strategy to go about things. Fundamentally analyse a coin before considering investing.
Also, if something is up 2 digits already don't make the mistake to buy-in and ride the rocket to the moon because chances are you're going to get dumped on really bad (just like eBTC).

BCC 0.0775 ......£20 got this free when just after i bought some bitcoin  Shocked
ETH 0.500 .....£119     (Currently mining and trading for other cryptos) I know this is a good Crypto. I like ethereum   Grin

You can't go wrong with coins you've gotten free, however I don't see bitcoin cash being relevant in the next 5 years though. It's still buzzing these days because it's often profitable to mine for miners. Feel free to sell if you see a nice price but don't quote me on this.
Always good to have some ETHER (or half an ether in your case)
Si H (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:57:13 PM

Thanks for all your advice   Grin  i am going to keep reading and learning on this forum, hopefully get to know whats what eventually   Wink
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:16:53 PM

Looking at your list, there are some projects there I won't touch but the one I'm most concern about is BCC, the project looks like a scam everyday and it is too good to be true.
Dullmartini

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:42:46 PM

I think you need a strategy. Which coins are long term hodls? Put those away and don’t touch them. Which coins are speculative buys? Also always have some cash holdings on the side in case some good deals come up. It sucks when there is a big dip and you have no money to invest.

Also, as a pp said, you need to not trade on emotions. Trading on emotions is a great way to lose lots of money (ie buy high when everyone else does and sell low when it dumps). Read about the projects, learn to read charts, learn how to evaluate fundamentals.

As for neo, personally this is one of my long term hodls. I believe in the project and I think it will grow. Waves is great but for the long term too.

I have bat but it’s in my speculative pile. I don’t see a long term future, for various reasons. I do like the brave browser though but not everyone does.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 601

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:47:37 PM

Howdy Simon I just noticed on your portfolio, you keep on buying coins that seems to be new and are just hype makers. I would personally bring more of my money to bitcoin and as you mentioned it's the big boy of all cryptocurrencies (I liked the term you used). And sorry for the lost for that eBTC scam it's just a pump and dump coin that will be dead soon. Focus more with those coins that are long time running in the crypto market.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: