Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:37:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Download BIRDCHAIN on Google Play  (Read 91043 times)
smartJEV

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HODL

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:43:36 AM

The problem in here is the operators will understand what it is going and want to block this.

If they giving 1000 sms, they will cut it to 100 or something similar.

How can you bypass this?

I asked the same question when they just started their campaign.. But actually, bro, who cares now? More than one month passed, and they still have smth around 200 ETH, while the softcap is 9500, no chance to reach it.. Dont want to look cocky, but before they started, I told, that with such ICO structure they have no chance, some small fishes gave them 200, but no serious investors will invest in such bad structured ICO, doesnt matter what product you have, and actually, you asked right question, product success depends on too many 3rd party structures, operators, software. But again, who cares now, ICO is dead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marius.Petrauskas

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

Making Birdchain fly

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 08:11:46 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2017, 09:00:48 AM by Marius.Petrauskas

The problem in here is the operators will understand what it is going and want to block this.

If they giving 1000 sms, they will cut it to 100 or something similar.

How can you bypass this?

Hi,

we are receiving this question far too often than we would like to Smiley I will answer your question and full Smiley

First of all, all of the time we communicated only the SMS part. I - and the whole team - believed that it would be the most interesting point of communication and it will give a sense of security because we are working in this field for almost 10 years. We know what operators can and can not do. We (and I) expected people to assume that we are not bullshitting them and trust us.

The thing is that Birdchain is far more than just selling SMS. SMS are just 1 of the cool and useful features the app will have. Birdchain will be instant messenger app and it will provide rewards for 1) selling SMS 2) watching/engaging content 3) selling personal data. Basically, now people are doing all that for free. Apart from SMS part, we have tested these features in other our companies or companies that our founders invested in. So, we know that there is a need for these services and people like them a lot.

Second of all, let me answer your question Smiley
1) Operators do not read billions of SMS of millions of their users every month;
2) They are reacting only if person is sending more than limit set by their Fair Usage Agreement AND SIM car is always connected to single tower (it indicates using of SIMbox);
3) We are recommending not to exceed the limit and as people are using their personal phones and commuting, their SIM connects to multiple towers. Thus operator will see it is a real person;
4) If Birdchain app users will not exceed their FUA limit and operators will start reading their private SMS that will be considered as privacy violation;
5) Operators will not risk getting sued for privacy violation for little sum;

Moreover:
6) It will take some time for operators to react - 3-4 years to be exact;
7) If one operator will cancel free SMS the other will offer more of them and win portion of the market;
Cool As I have mentioned before, Birdchain is not relying on 1 feature Smiley

But most importantly:
9) Operators are not gods Smiley

I hope I have answered your question Smiley If you will have

EDIT:
10) We only need 100 000 users who will allow sending 100 SMS per day to be sustainable. So you can imagine that we do not need a supermassive movement that would take all profits from operators.

Birdchain - app that rewards. https://www.birdchain.io
Telegram: https://t.me/birdchainchat
Marius.Petrauskas

Making Birdchain fly

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 08:47:03 AM

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

We have important news. Please read the following information very carefully. You will find all answers to your questions here. If you have contributed in our ICO, we have sent you a personal e-mail. Please check your inbox.

It’s been almost 3 weeks after the launch of our ICO and we raised a fraction of our soft cap. That is why we decided to restart our ICO as pre-ICO. Do not worry. All contributors will be fully refunded, and all bounties will be covered.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Even though we will restart ICO of Birdchain, we never lost faith in the idea and we are still firm believers in its success. We did a survey recently and 89 percent of our contributors assured they support Birdchain too.

What will happen now?
1.    We are stopping this crowdfunding.
2.    We will refund all contributors.
3.    The pre-ICO will be held in the late January-February of 2018.
4.    We will fix, update and upgrade our communication and product.
4.    The ICO will be launched when we will build an even bigger and stronger community and the market conditions will be right.

Before launching pre-ICO or ICO we will review our communication and we will update it. We will mostly focus on gathering even bigger and stronger community and database of people who want to sell their SMS.

Restart is crucial because of these three reasons:
1.    We are negotiating with several potential partners in South America and Asia that shown their interest and want to commit to Birdchain. They asked us to postpone the ICO, arguing that the situation in the market is not favorable for ICOs;
2.    We had several really big contributors who were about to meet our soft cap. Unfortunately, when the second Bitcoin fork was canceled and price of BTC rocketed, they halted their contributions until the market will settle;
3.    Our developers are revising technical improvements for Birdchain. It might be built on IOTA network which offers better scalability and micro-transactions.

Finally, during these weeks we learned a lot about the ICOs, the crypto-market, and what works and what does not. We found new ways to communicate and find contributors. All of our team has a completely different mindset and motivation. We understand that this pre-ICO is our last chance to make the Birdchain fly. That is why we will try even harder, and be better.

With your help, we will succeed.

Marius.Petrauskas

Making Birdchain fly

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 08:50:30 AM

I asked the same question when they just started their campaign.. But actually, bro, who cares now? More than one month passed, and they still have smth around 200 ETH, while the softcap is 9500, no chance to reach it.. Dont want to look cocky, but before they started, I told, that with such ICO structure they have no chance, some small fishes gave them 200, but no serious investors will invest in such bad structured ICO, doesnt matter what product you have, and actually, you asked right question, product success depends on too many 3rd party structures, operators, software. But again, who cares now, ICO is dead.

Hi, what are your ideas on our newest announcement?

gweigster

Activity: 572
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:02:55 PM

Even though I am sad to hear that the tokensale did not go as expected, you did the right thing with this rework.

I am positive that it will work out better next try! The project is still a very good and unique idea

Get BTC Cashback on hundreds of online shops:
https://stekking.com/register/eEzv2VLwBJWd8X4Z
for example: ebay, AliExpress, Expedia.com, Takeaway.com, Adidas, Microsoft, Lieferando, NordVPN, Lidl, Booking.com
Marius.Petrauskas

Making Birdchain fly

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 07:27:14 PM

Even though I am sad to hear that the tokensale did not go as expected, you did the right thing with this rework.

I am positive that it will work out better next try! The project is still a very good and unique idea

Thanks for your support! Smiley

We will review everything we did, so if you have noticed something where we could have taken different path, your insight will be very welcome Wink

smartJEV

HODL

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:24:08 AM

Hi, what are your ideas on our newest announcement?

Thats was the only right move right now. Bravo! Im not judging your product (maybe having doubts), but your newbie style ICO campaign was awful. Lots of ICOs with worse idea, are getting millions just because of the right course of the campaign and understanding why people invest, who are those people and what you need to offer (and not less important "when"). I hope you learn your lessons and we will see birdchain app live someday Wink gl.
Marius.Petrauskas

Making Birdchain fly

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 06:54:04 AM

Thats was the only right move right now. Bravo! Im not judging your product (maybe having doubts), but your newbie style ICO campaign was awful. Lots of ICOs with worse idea, are getting millions just because of the right course of the campaign and understanding why people invest, who are those people and what you need to offer (and not less important "when"). I hope you learn your lessons and we will see birdchain app live someday Wink gl.

I think you will be happy to hear that we will build prototype app after pre-ICO. Smiley

One more thing - we would like to invite you to share your ideas where we lacked of insight. You always gave us hard questions and that is why we value your opinion and would like to hear it out. We could have a Skype call if you prefer Smiley

smartJEV

HODL

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:23:48 PM

I think you will be happy to hear that we will build prototype app after pre-ICO. Smiley

One more thing - we would like to invite you to share your ideas where we lacked of insight. You always gave us hard questions and that is why we value your opinion and would like to hear it out. We could have a Skype call if you prefer Smiley

Just few tips from my side. Dont be greedy, you will have full control of the company and its profit. So 20+% in tokens is way too much, 5% is fair enough.
Protect the token price, in other words, make everything to ensure token will grow after ICO not fall. Be careful with airdrops, ICO and Airdrops isnt a good combination, if you want to build your community that way, think about freezing airdropped tokens. Discounts, discounts.. Dont make it look like a cheap market, if you sell 50% with 50% discount (exp 0.5$) , and the rest 50 with 30% (exp 0.7$) discount, the original price will not be 1$, it will be 0.6$. Give more value to your token, think how you can do it (from price growing prospect). Think about quality bounty campaign (not spam, but quality), translations, signatures, vlogers. It works really good. To attract strong channels and same protect token price, think about buyback campaign with afterwards token freezing.

After your you do it, your ICO will become more attractive to the investors, investors want to earn money from you. They want your token growing in price. Make some move, to ensure that. Contact with top ICO agencies, they must have a list of investors, if they will like your project and they will see the potential of token growing, you will close your campaign in a days or maybe hours.

Once again GL.
gweigster

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:21:46 PM

Thanks for your support! Smiley

We will review everything we did, so if you have noticed something where we could have taken different path, your insight will be very welcome Wink

I guess having some institutional investors would be a great asset and attracts lots of private investors. Maybe you can work something out until the pre-ICO / ICO.

Another thing would be to already have partners who will use the app as soons as it is released, so the future users and investors know that there is a demand for the product and they get a more accurate picture on who uses the app.

When I read the whitepaper I wasn't too sure how the usage of my phone contract will affect me personally. Maybe you can shine some more light on the process. At first I thought the SMS sent in behalf of the companies will display my number to the recipients. Even though I am pretty sure this isn't the case, it crossed my mind and made me feel uneasy.

for example: ebay, AliExpress, Expedia.com, Takeaway.com, Adidas, Microsoft, Lieferando, NordVPN, Lidl, Booking.com
Marius.Petrauskas

Making Birdchain fly

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 08:18:33 AM

I guess having some institutional investors would be a great asset and attracts lots of private investors. Maybe you can work something out until the pre-ICO / ICO.

Another thing would be to already have partners who will use the app as soons as it is released, so the future users and investors know that there is a demand for the product and they get a more accurate picture on who uses the app.

When I read the whitepaper I wasn't too sure how the usage of my phone contract will affect me personally. Maybe you can shine some more light on the process. At first I thought the SMS sent in behalf of the companies will display my number to the recipients. Even though I am pretty sure this isn't the case, it crossed my mind and made me feel uneasy.

Wow! Great minds think alike, right? Cheesy

Actually, we are negotiating with several institutional investors and we plan to visit few of them and meet one of them in person this week. On the same topic... We also are discussing which events we should attend and where we could meet our supporters and potential investors. Do you have some events on your mind? What are you planning to visit? Smiley

That actually was a bit of miscalculation. We received massive interest from people who want to sell their SMS, and... we did not log them. We will solve this by upgrading our landing page. Visitors will be able to choose who they are: end-users, contributors or businesses that will use our service. Depending on their selection, we will be able to provide relative information and log them in different databases. We will use this information to display the demand for the app and the service.

When I was writing the white paper, I felt quite confident that I stressed this: receiver of SMS will see your phone number. There is nothing we can do to prevent this. What we can (and will) do pro-actively:
1) Your contacts will not receive SMS from your number - we will use other app users to reach them
2) We will randomise the delivery - receivers will get SMS from various numbers
3) Birdchain app will block ability for receiver to call or message you for 72 hours after they will receive the SMS

But most importantly is that nobody is going to call or text you. There are plenty of countries where premium sender ID is very expensive and most of the companies use regular numbers. It is normal practice to show a number of senders.

I guess the best answer here is a question:
- How likely it would be for you to call or text the number when you receive Google verification code? Or a message from IKEA that sofas are 10 percent off this weekend?

Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 06:54:59 PM

This project has a great idea and I hope that Birdchain will fly! I think that postpone/move/cancelled their ICO was a good step and more investors will have time to find out more about birdchain
gweigster

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:30:07 PM

Wow! Great minds think alike, right? Cheesy

Actually, we are negotiating with several institutional investors and we plan to visit few of them and meet one of them in person this week. On the same topic... We also are discussing which events we should attend and where we could meet our supporters and potential investors. Do you have some events on your mind? What are you planning to visit? Smiley

That actually was a bit of miscalculation. We received massive interest from people who want to sell their SMS, and... we did not log them. We will solve this by upgrading our landing page. Visitors will be able to choose who they are: end-users, contributors or businesses that will use our service. Depending on their selection, we will be able to provide relative information and log them in different databases. We will use this information to display the demand for the app and the service.

When I was writing the white paper, I felt quite confident that I stressed this: receiver of SMS will see your phone number. There is nothing we can do to prevent this. What we can (and will) do pro-actively:
1) Your contacts will not receive SMS from your number - we will use other app users to reach them
3) Birdchain app will block ability for receiver to call or message you for 72 hours after they will receive the SMS

But most importantly is that nobody is going to call or text you. There are plenty of countries where premium sender ID is very expensive and most of the companies use regular numbers. It is normal practice to show a number of senders.

- How likely it would be for you to call or text the number when you receive Google verification code? Or a message from IKEA that sofas are 10 percent off this weekend?

Thanks for your answer! I understand now that, there are technical boundaries which make it a must to display the number to the recipient. You should definetly include an explanation like that in the next whitepaper
I see a lot of valid points here and I am positive everything will work out this time if you follow through with it Smiley

Sorry but I am not a good source for events, because I've never attended events on the blockchain topic  Wink

Marius.Petrauskas

Making Birdchain fly

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 07:46:08 AM

Thanks for your answer! I understand now that, there are technical boundaries which make it a must to display the number to the recipient. You should definetly include an explanation like that in the next whitepaper
I see a lot of valid points here and I am positive everything will work out this time if you follow through with it Smiley

Sorry but I am not a good source for events, because I've never attended events on the blockchain topic  Wink

Yes, you are right - it is technically impossible not to show the number. Most of the people are actually OK with it - 70 percent of population would participate in selling their SMS and 60 percent of population don't mind if their number is public as long as they're getting paid. These are average number in 3 countries we did a survey in. I will add this information to the White paper too.

But most importantly we decided not to stress selling of SMS part so much. Because Birdchain is so much more than just this feature.

How come you don't go to events? Smiley Don't you find them useful? Smiley

Marius.Petrauskas

Making Birdchain fly

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 08:10:12 AM

This project has a great idea and I hope that Birdchain will fly! I think that postpone/move/cancelled their ICO was a good step and more investors will have time to find out more about birdchain

Thank you for your support!

If there will be anything, we can improve or provide more information - please share! Smiley

kmxl45

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:42:20 PM

Finally next project that make sense. Finding the coins with good idea and great potential for future is hard in these days. Lots of garbage is around for my taste. I wish you luck on your way and I will be watched you.
Marius.Petrauskas

Making Birdchain fly

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 08:56:53 AM

Finally next project that make sense. Finding the coins with good idea and great potential for future is hard in these days. Lots of garbage is around for my taste. I wish you luck on your way and I will be watched you.

Thanks Smiley If you will have any questions, feel free to ask here or in our Telegram chat Smiley

Edit: Also, if you have ideas how we could make Birdchain fly higher, longer and faster - feel free to share Smiley

premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:54:05 AM

Yes, you are right - it is technically impossible not to show the number. Most of the people are actually OK with it - 70 percent of population would participate in selling their SMS and 60 percent of population don't mind if their number is public as long as they're getting paid. These are average number in 3 countries we did a survey in. I will add this information to the White paper too.

But most importantly we decided not to stress selling of SMS part so much. Because Birdchain is so much more than just this feature.

How come you don't go to events? Smiley Don't you find them useful? Smiley

Oh, i thought you were hiding the number.

I would never sell my sms than. Because it can really weird stuff promoting on sms and don't want one of my contacts to receive some from my number.

But yes, it is only a part of birdchain.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
E066665

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:57:03 AM

A fully functional IM app that will allow regular people to sell their unused SMS messages to businesses. Our solution will reduce the price of A2P SMS service up to 6 times for businesses and it will create an opportunity for people to earn up to 300 Euros per month.

Birdchain tackles 2 key problems:

• At most all holders of mobile phones have unlimited SMS plans or get large amounts of free SMS every month, almost nobody use SMS messages. People communicate with instant messaging apps. It means that every month billions of free SMS messages are wasted because they were not used;
  • Businesses pay up to 8 Euro cents per single SMS to send promotional or transactional messages to its clients. Although the price of the service is indecently high and corporate middlemen keeps rising it every year, the quality of service declines (lower delivery speed, messages are delivered too late, only fraction of recipients get messages).

Birdchain will adapt various solutions of blockchain to employ mobile phones of regular people. Businesses will be able to send A2P SMS through them without using services of corporate middlemen. It will decrease price of A2P SMS service for businesses drastically and people will get paid for every single SMS is send from their phone.

The team behind Birdchain has been successfully operating the A2P SMS aggregation business for almost 10 years. During that period we gathered in-depth expertise and knowledge of A2P SMS market. Moreover, we have more than 10 years of experience in software development (especially in social networking apps) and remarkable proficiency in both blockchain and cryptography. It gives us the confidence in creating a more transparent, secure and fairer solution for the public, businesses, and the market itself.

Birdchain Pre-ICO Starts 18 - 01 - 2018

Soft Cap 9,500 ETH
Hard Cap 86,000 ETH

Marius.Petrauskas

Making Birdchain fly

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 10:01:54 AM

Oh, i thought you were hiding the number.

I would never sell my sms than. Because it can really weird stuff promoting on sms and don't want one of my contacts to receive some from my number.

But yes, it is only a part of birdchain.

No, man Smiley Your number WILL be visible, but your contacts WILL NOT receive any Birdchain related texts from your number. I have already mentioned it for you in my previous answer:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: