Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:01:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Gold Fork Wallet  (Read 16129 times)
jaap2017

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:19:13 PM

Hi, I was looking to find if Trezor will support Bitcoin Gold, as there are different sources claiming differing opinions, but I just finalized the operation with Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash with Electrum so I may be able to help you out on this a bit unrelated topic.

I assume in the explanation below your bitcoins are in Electrum, before the fork. It is extremely important you follow the sequence below and not start one step before completing the other.

1. Open a new wallet for Bitcoins. I used Trezor but it can be any wallet. Do this on a different computer.
2. Transfer your bitcoins from Electrum to the the new wallet. (Your Electrum wallet is now empty.)
3. Open a new wallet for Bitcoins cash. I used Trezor for that as well, but it can be any wallet. But NOT Electrum cash. Do this on another computer (it may be the same as you installed your new wallet on in step 1).
4. Install Electrum Cash on your old computer. (It is now called Electron Cash.) Use the same seed (words) as for your Electrum wallet. If you install it on your previous computer (where you held the Bitcoins before the fork) it will find the seed words itself and you only need your password, in case you did not complete 100% erase Electrum manually. It shows something like unconfirmed or 0 something like that. Don't panic, your bitcoins cash is still there.
5. Now transfer the Bitcoins Cash from the Electrum Cash wallet to the new wallet. The Bitcoin Cash will show up in your new wallet.

Now you have both BTC as Bitcoin Cash.

Bittrex gave out Bitcoin Cash to those holding Bitcoin in the previous fork (I got mine) so I'm hoping they will do the same with Bitcoin Gold.
I'm going to wait until there is a formal announcment form Bittrex before moving Bitcoin from my electrum wallet.
There was a method to use Electrum & Electron Cash wallets to get the forked coin but I've not tried it - anyone here tried it ?
Will the Electum/Electron trick work with Bitcoin Gold ?

Couple of links on Electrum/Electron.
https://electrum.org/bcc2.txt
https://electroncash.org/

jayc89

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:04:25 AM

After searching around and finding about 100 different opinions on where to store BTC for the October 25th fork, so as to receive the BTC Gold... I have still yet to find a solid answer.

I even messaged blockchain.info and they said they will NOT be honoring the BTC Gold. For the BTC Cash fork I just left my BTC in Poloniex and received the BTC Cash tokens as I should, but now I am seeing discussion that Poloniex, Bittrex and none of the exchanges are going to be honoring the BTC Gold fork.

So. What software wallet to store BTC in to guarantee we receive the full amount of BTC Gold after the fork?
lol
I have no idea who would want to buy a coin that is given out to people for free. The people that buy that are only hoping for that 0.001% chance to get rich.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
OsJack

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:25:39 PM

For now this is the answer of Ledger about Bitcoin Gold :
"
Hello,
You will be publicly informed on our website and social media accounts in time if there is anything you need to do in order to get and manage your Bitcoin Gold."

Let see and wait...
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:32:56 PM

After searching around and finding about 100 different opinions on where to store BTC for the October 25th fork, so as to receive the BTC Gold... I have still yet to find a solid answer.

I even messaged blockchain.info and they said they will NOT be honoring the BTC Gold. For the BTC Cash fork I just left my BTC in Poloniex and received the BTC Cash tokens as I should, but now I am seeing discussion that Poloniex, Bittrex and none of the exchanges are going to be honoring the BTC Gold fork.

So. What software wallet to store BTC in to guarantee we receive the full amount of BTC Gold after the fork?
lol
I have no idea who would want to buy a coin that is given out to people for free. The people that buy that are only hoping for that 0.001% chance to get rich.

I wonder if those who want to buy bitcoin of gold will. The fact that these coins will be distributed for free is irrelevant. Initially they will be cheap so no one to sell them will not. Everything will be on hold. This will create a gap in the market. Then it all depends on advertising.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:34:03 PM

I have read that specifically, Jaxx will not be honoring the BTC Gold split. I will message Electrum and see what they have to say.
Jaxx gives you a word list to backup, this is enough to export your private keys. Electrum has the option to export them directly.
That being said, I suspect the snapshot has been taken already so Bitcoin Gold creators can premine. That also means moving your Bitcoins to another wallet now is too late for this fork. But this is just speculation based on some of the unconfirmed sources I read.

i read something like this too. and did you know that they tried to make an ICO? And now they "just" fork. I don't trust them.
explosive

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

FantasyGold!!

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 04:39:28 PM

Bittrex gave out Bitcoin Cash to those holding Bitcoin in the previous fork (I got mine) so I'm hoping they will do the same with Bitcoin Gold.
I'm going to wait until there is a formal announcment form Bittrex before moving Bitcoin from my electrum wallet.
There was a method to use Electrum & Electron Cash wallets to get the forked coin but I've not tried it - anyone here tried it ?
Will the Electum/Electron trick work with Bitcoin Gold ?

Couple of links on Electrum/Electron.
https://electrum.org/bcc2.txt
https://electroncash.org/

If bittrex gives a formal announcement that they will support bitcoin gold then you should be allset with bitcoin on that exchange. With that being said I wouldn't trust any exchange even trex with everything if you have a large amount of BTC that is.. I love trex they have always been good to me but still bad things can happen..
sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:49:41 PM

Yobit announced they support bitcoin gold.
babygun

Activity: 2100
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 05:20:37 PM

i guess freebitcoin is good place to store bitcoins for getting bitcoin gold. as far they was paid us bitcoin cash balances.

freebitcoin says :

HARD FORK POLICY
Bitcoin has 2 hard forks planned in the near future - "Bitcoin Gold" and "Bitcoin Segwit 2x". As we have done with the "Bitcoin Cash" hard fork in the past, we shall support withdrawals of all hard fork coins as long as they are viable - ie. have wallet support, a working blockchain and straightforward redemption policies.

here is url for freebitcoin site :
http://1ink.cc/ZMR

good luck!

I'll have a look into Freebitcoin as somewhere to store my Bitcoin during the fork, haven't heard of them, but then there's a lot of exchanges out there that I've not heard of so that's not unusual.

Freebitco.in is not an exchange. It is one of the oldest bitcoin faucets around and owned by wetsuit (active here on the forum).
There are online since 2011 and are still online and paying!

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
netmillionaire

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:00:55 PM

Is BTCGold (XBG) on C-Cex the same currency that’ll be available as a result of the next Hard Fork or completely different?
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:44:07 PM

Is BTCGold (XBG) on C-Cex the same currency that’ll be available as a result of the next Hard Fork or completely different?

No. It is something different. But both are shit coins
EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:26:10 AM

It is true that there are hundreds of answers in this forum of where to save the bitcoins before October 25th, I personally will hold my bitcoins in my ofline wallet because I consider it as the most safest and easiest way to receive bircoin gold this October 25.
You will also see so many wallets that will support this coin, but we only have to wait until we receive news about them.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

AnastasiaJr

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:58:42 AM

sorry . if my question is out of topic
i have balance btc in my jaax wallet its safe for me to facing the hard fork btc gold at 25 october ?
will i also receiv some btc gold ?
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:09:36 AM

If you have even one bitcoin, the security risk of moving your bitcoin all over the places should make you shiver. Why taking unnecessary risk in handling your coin. For me, my bitcoin coin is squarely sitted in my qt wallet. No need moving it around.

Altas

Activity: 366
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:14:48 AM

I think everything get to be known only after the fork, because based on the splitting chain several changes will be made and make it functional takes quite a little time. Maybe getting near to the days of fork wallet services will notify with the different possibilities.
Gastotade

Activity: 545

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:22:40 AM

I think everything get to be known only after the fork, because based on the splitting chain several changes will be made and make it functional takes quite a little time. Maybe getting near to the days of fork wallet services will notify with the different possibilities.
Everything were unsure now,we might think it ia somehow be like what happened in bitcoincash, but the fork seems quiet for details,only after fork details may revealed.

SIGMA.
by HYDRA X
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.No commissions.
.or hidden fees.

TensorBloom (OP)

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 10:12:36 AM

I keep seeing tweets stating that BTCGold is canceled. Maybe just hopeful posts from others? I havent been able to find actual details regarding any cancellation.

But back OT, this is the latest quote from the site:

"Any secure Bitcoin wallet that gives the user exclusive control of the cryptographic private keys is a suitable location to store your coins prior to the October 25 fork. Some wallets may offer you direct access to your BTG, while others may require you to take additional technical steps. Verified wallets that support BTC and BTG side-by-side will be listed on the Bitcoin Gold home page. We will publish guides for retrieving BTG from the most popular wallets, including Bitcoin Core, Electrum, Mycelium, hardware wallets, paper wallets, and more."
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:26:02 PM

I keep seeing tweets stating that BTCGold is canceled. Maybe just hopeful posts from others? I havent been able to find actual details regarding any cancellation.

But back OT, this is the latest quote from the site:

"Any secure Bitcoin wallet that gives the user exclusive control of the cryptographic private keys is a suitable location to store your coins prior to the October 25 fork. Some wallets may offer you direct access to your BTG, while others may require you to take additional technical steps. Verified wallets that support BTC and BTG side-by-side will be listed on the Bitcoin Gold home page. We will publish guides for retrieving BTG from the most popular wallets, including Bitcoin Core, Electrum, Mycelium, hardware wallets, paper wallets, and more."

The tweets are probably just FUD, I think it will be somewhat chilly in hell before BTG is cancelled.
One other thing they mentioned on the web site, although they don't make it quite clear, is that there are pools alread available for mining BTG but I can't find any.

https://btcgpu.org/
taseerali99

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:36:16 PM

No update on where to keep BTC to benefit from the fork yet. Dont know why so much confusion. if noone is honoring Gold, why should we care. I have just invested back to alts.
ninobtcx

Activity: 418
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:14:13 PM

Any wallet that gives you a private key! Very simple. Ledger Nano S, Jaxx, Electrum..
Just do NOT keep your BTC on an exchange because if you do so you expose yourself to the risk of depending from the exchange's honesty. Bittrex did actually give bitcoin cash to bitcoin holders but I wouldn't take that risk.
Cryptotalker

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:52:18 PM

What wallet should I keep my BTC in to make sure I will receive BTG?
Any secure Bitcoin wallet that gives the user exclusive control of the cryptographic private keys is a suitable location to store your coins prior to the October 25 fork. Some wallets may offer you direct access to your BTG, while others may require you to take additional technical steps. Verified wallets that support BTC and BTG side-by-side will be listed on the Bitcoin Gold home page. We will publish guides for retrieving BTG from the most popular wallets, including Bitcoin Core, Electrum, Mycelium, hardware wallets, paper wallets, and more.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: