Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:26:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon #2 damaged  (Read 5693 times)
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 07:09:02 PM

http://imgur.com/a/88pys#0

F1 removed

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
el_rlee (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:57:58 PM

@el_rlee
Where is your location?
I have a complete controller set of a batch 1 Avalon, to borrow until you have a new one.
I'm from Switzerland.

Regards
Tinu

Thanks for the offer, I am in Shanghai. I will fly home tomorrow and have a look myself, if I can't fix it I will gladly remember this.
iammagicmike

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 12:01:09 AM

time to trade in the wife or the Avalon

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

LTC: LPGSryKuT2BaEcDBg6VWHwusXj5N8ynu3M
el_rlee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 12:17:09 AM

What sells higher at the moment? The wife would be kind of package deal with kids attached...
iammagicmike

Activity: 149

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 12:29:25 AM

What sells higher at the moment? The wife would be kind of package deal with kids attached...

Probably depends on the ROI on the kids. There's always a chance that one of the younglings will make it in Hollywood!

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

LTC: LPGSryKuT2BaEcDBg6VWHwusXj5N8ynu3M
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 12:36:21 AM

Probably depends on the ROI on the kids. There's always a chance that one of the younglings will make it in Hollywood!

Asian kids don't sell for much unfortunately. Too much supply.

el_rlee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:00:13 AM

I'm an expat - so we are talking about a really scarce good here... I wouldn't mind however if somebody could have a look at the log I've posted and tell me what might be the problem.
Or somebody point me to how to reprogram the FPGA.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 01:23:27 AM

I'm an expat - so we are talking about a really scarce good here... I wouldn't mind however if somebody could have a look at the log I've posted and tell me what might be the problem.

No can do, we're only here to speculate on the Fiat value of your children.

abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:51:30 AM

Without an available bitstream for the Avalon, that will be impossible.  The .bit file available is just a test file which blinks the LEDs on the front of the unit.
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 06:00:51 AM

Without an available bitstream for the Avalon, that will be impossible.  The .bit file available is just a test file which blinks the LEDs on the front of the unit.

The real bitstream is available at https://github.com/BitSyncom/avalon-ref/tree/master/FPGA
Kartaiv

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:13:33 AM

The real bitstream is available at https://github.com/BitSyncom/avalon-ref/tree/master/FPGA

This. If you can't get it working, I can program your FPGA flash for you.
el_rlee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:15:32 AM

I am delighted to hear that. Is it likely that an FPGA looses it's programming? I guess not, ha?
Is there a compatible popular development environment / standard / board where some instructions exist on the net?

Thanks a bunch! Where are you located?
Kartaiv

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 06:22:35 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2013, 07:09:47 AM by Kartaiv

Without an available bitstream for the Avalon, that will be impossible.  The .bit file available is just a test file which blinks the LEDs on the front of the unit.

I am delighted to hear that. Is it likely that an FPGA looses it's programming? I guess not, ha?
Is there a compatible popular development environment / standard / board where some instructions exist on the net?

The programming isn't stored on the FPGA, it's stored on a separate piece (flash memory) that's connected to the FPGA. Everytime the FPGA "boots" up it loads its programming from the flash memory. I'm in the US.

*Edit* Actually xiangfu recommended upgrading your TP-Link firmware. That is an easy process that you can do from the Luci web GUI. Did you already try that?
abracadabra

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 01:12:40 PM

Thanks mrb.  Hadn't seen that.  I was keeping an eye on http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/xiangfu/avalon/fpga-controller/  for the bitstream.  Smiley
el_rlee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 03:05:20 PM

Without an available bitstream for the Avalon, that will be impossible.  The .bit file available is just a test file which blinks the LEDs on the front of the unit.

The programming isn't stored on the FPGA, it's stored on a separate piece (flash memory) that's connected to the FPGA. Everytime the FPGA "boots" up it loads its programming from the flash memory. I'm in the US.

*Edit* Actually xiangfu recommended upgrading your TP-Link firmware. That is an easy process that you can do from the Luci web GUI. Did you already try that?

Yes. Log on pastebin. Didn't change much as far as I can tell.
flyonwall

Activity: 250

RockStable Token Inc

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 08:05:37 PM

If you end up needing a Control Unit replacement, I can sell you a clone (based off of Avalon published specs). I will have several of these ready and working in about two weeks. You can try one first, if it doesn't work for you, simply return it. If it works and you want to keep it, just send me back a few Bitcoins. PM me if and when you need it.

abracadabra

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 08:35:54 PM

If you end up needing a Control Unit replacement, I can sell you a clone (based off of Avalon published specs). I will have several of these ready and working in about two weeks. You can try one first, if it doesn't work for you, simply return it. If it works and you want to keep it, just send me back a few Bitcoins. PM me if and when you need it.

Will you have these preflashed with the fpga bitstream?
flyonwall

Activity: 250

RockStable Token Inc

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 08:53:43 PM

Yes, of course. Otherwise, how can it work?

el_rlee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:56:13 AM

The Miner is working again! I am soooo glad.  Grin Grin Grin Grin
They guy my wife hired to change the power supply did a sloppy job, one of the yellow wires was pushed back into it's connector.
6.5 hours pure flight time to solve the problem in 10 minutes. What do we learn from this? You want it done -> do it yourself.

Thanks all!
farproc

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

ALGORY.io Crowdsale starts on 8/12/2017

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:56:38 AM

…6.5 hours pure flight time to solve the problem in 10 minutes. What do we learn from this? You want it done -> do it yourself.

Or marry a geek. Kiss

By the way, Congratulations!!

▀███████████████▄▄
              █████████████████
               █████████████████
                █████████████████
                 █████████████████
                  █████████████████
        ▄▄▄▄       █████████████████
    ▄██████████▄    █████████████████
   ██████████████    █████████████████
  ████████████████    █████████████████