Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:33:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TradeFortress deadman's switch?  (Read 708 times)
jboogie (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:56:29 PM

Hi, I've been lurking the Securities forum for about a month... I'd like to invest in TradeFortress' BTCINVEST fund on bitfunder.com and his loan site coinlenders.com, but I'm wondering, since these ventures seem operated by him alone, what happens if for some unexpected health problem he is not able anymore to operate his business? It's not nice I know, but I have to ask this before investing part my savings
ianp

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:57:56 PM

Hi, I've been lurking the Securities forum for about a month... I'd like to invest in TradeFortress' BTCINVEST fund on bitfunder.com and his loan site coinlenders.com, but I'm wondering, since these ventures seem operated by him alone, what happens if for some unexpected health problem he is not able anymore to operate his business? It's not nice I know, but I have to ask this before investing part my savings
Sounds like you may have to get your post count to 5, and ask him in the securities forum.
1dannyboy

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:00:25 PM

That is the problem with doing business on the net. You never know who you are dealing with. I like the trust thread here and think that will work out good in the future.

Have a look at my idea of the "Bitcoin Swap Meet" probably completely irrelevant to what you need but never know.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=225164.0
jboogie (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:02:21 PM

Sounds like you may have to get your post count to 5, and ask him in the securities forum.

yep, I'd have posted directly there of course if not for this rule Wink
ianp

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:03:14 PM

yep, I'd have posted directly there of course if not for this rule Wink

Feel free to reply to this reply, and get another post. Smiley

Ian
jboogie (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:05:42 PM

That is the problem with doing business on the net. You never know who you are dealing with.

It's not that the problem, I've studied carefully enough (for my propension to risky investments) TradeFortress' behaviour, and I would trust him with my bitcoins. I just want to know what his plans are in case of an accident, i.e. what the "bus factor" of his business is
jboogie (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:06:29 PM

Feel free to reply to this reply, and get another post. Smiley

so I'm at 4 Wink I guess I'll go through other newbies posts and try to actually render myself useful
BitNit

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:10:59 PM

That is the problem with doing business on the net. You never know who you are dealing with.

It's not that the problem, I've studied carefully enough (for my propension to risky investments) TradeFortress' behaviour, and I would trust him with my bitcoins. I just want to know what his plans are in case of an accident, i.e. what the "bus factor" of his business is

This is a big concern and valid too.

Interesting how this could be handled without compromising the investors funds.

jboogie (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:20:04 PM

link to the Securities subforum post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=225199
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:16:15 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your interest! Currently, there is no dead man's switch set up. I have tried to get one previously, however no trusted friends or family members have some clue on Bitcoin, sshing to the server, etc.

I'd have to find a trusted community member to act like a dead mans switch, which is less desired as I don't know them in real life.
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:26:22 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your interest! Currently, there is no dead man's switch set up. I have tried to get one previously, however no trusted friends or family members have some clue on Bitcoin, sshing to the server, etc.

I'd have to find a trusted community member to act like a dead mans switch, which is less desired as I don't know them in real life.

Give a trusted forum member encrypted instructions & passwords, and a family member the decryption key & the trusted forum member's email address?

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:26:10 PM

That actually sounds like a great solution. Thanks, I'll work on that!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: