Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:56:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp Scam Accusation (FIXED WITH FRIENDLY RESOLUTION)  (Read 5956 times)
bluedye (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:13:35 AM

This is GREAT NEWS! I'm glad they will resolve this for you. Let us know when they do!

Yay! I have access again! Bitstamp have fully fixed the issue and it seems to have been a misunderstanding.  Thank you very much to everyone who tried to help and especially to Marko Rogan over at Bitstamp! He is a pleasure to talk to, dealt with all of my messages which was on a daily basis for over a week and never once lost his cool, despite me doing so at least once.
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 11:31:34 AM

This is great news I have fixed their rating on bitcoinscammers.com CONGRATS! 

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:37:04 PM

BItstamp have been in good communication with me. All should be resolved by the end of today.

It seems there was a miscommunication at one point. I will update once more when fully fixed.

Thanks everyone for reading and thanks to BItstamp for directly addressing this issue here.

The issue is now resolved.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:06:06 PM

Are you fuckin retarded?

I warned them about their scammy and broken trading engine a year or so ago.

Can you provide more details please?

Theres several major flaws in the design (even more in the execution of the design) of the engine. The really obvious and most retarded is grouping the prices to the second decimal place [this was alleviated to those aware with special api call after my conversation with Nejc, but certainly not fixed] and charging 0.01 usd for each order [thats potentially hiding behind the grouped price], resulting in cases where you pay more for the fee than the traded amount was worth, resulting in negative balance (which mathematically means trading fee varies from 0.4%, across 100%, over to infinity and beyond). Not even mentioning they use ceil().

There is a deeper rounding issue present also, read about it here: http://log.bitcoin-assets.com/?date=16-05-2013&display=show&bots=true#33425 (from 03:08:39 to 03:16:45).

Then you have issues such as bid>ask which only someone with iq below 80 (and im being generous) can come up with. There is two more bugs that come to mind at the moment, one was discussed on the forums and was  'fixed' after a while IIRC, go search, and the other is a bit hard to reproduce (happened to me only once or twice but I got a confirm from other traders).

So its not "Bitstamp is POTENTIALLY stealing BTC from customers!!!! BE WARNED!" but they have been stealing from your stupid faces for a long time (this is years now, i remember it like yesterday when they started and were K-LINED on freenode for being spammy fucks) - lucky for them, bitcoiners are mostly retarded.

But hey, not to worry, theres about 10-30 idiots trying to open 'another bitstamp' [yes I am quoting] so is all good, right!?

juhakall

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 03:01:18 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2013, 03:12:15 PM by juhakall

Are you fuckin retarded?

I warned them about their scammy and broken trading engine a year or so ago.

Can you provide more details please?

Theres several major flaws in the design (even more in the execution of the design) of the engine. The really obvious and most retarded is grouping the prices to the second decimal place [this was alleviated to those aware with special api call after my conversation with Nejc, but certainly not fixed] and charging 0.01 usd for each order [thats potentially hiding behind the grouped price], resulting in cases where you pay more for the fee than the traded amount was worth, resulting in negative balance (which mathematically means trading fee varies from 0.4%, across 100%, over to infinity and beyond). Not even mentioning they use ceil().

There is a deeper rounding issue present also, read about it here: http://log.bitcoin-assets.com/?date=16-05-2013&display=show&bots=true#33425 (from 03:08:39 to 03:16:45).

Then you have issues such as bid>ask which only someone with iq below 80 (and im being generous) can come up with. There is two more bugs that come to mind at the moment, one was discussed on the forums and was  'fixed' after a while IIRC, go search, and the other is a bit hard to reproduce (happened to me only once or twice but I got a confirm from other traders).

So its not "Bitstamp is POTENTIALLY stealing BTC from customers!!!! BE WARNED!" but they have been stealing from your stupid faces for a long time (this is years now, i remember it like yesterday when they started and were K-LINED on freenode for being spammy fucks) - lucky for them, bitcoiners are mostly retarded.

But hey, not to worry, theres about 10-30 idiots trying to open 'another bitstamp' [yes I am quoting] so is all good, right!?

Sounds like you're running a trading bot and are angry because you're encountering weird bugs. Guess what, normal users might not be affected enough for it to matter, certainly not as much as you're trying argue. Let's take my case for example: I've executed 1317 transactions on Bitstamp, totaling $1276.26 in fees. If Bitstamp really added an extra 0.01 to all those transactions, they've stolen $13.17. That's 1% of the fees I've paid. I can see this being a problem, if you are a spammer of 0.01 BTC trades.

BTW, who is the 'spammy fuck' now? Wink

EDIT: I can see the rounding problem in my fees easily, it just doesn't add up to very much in the end. Only ~20 of my 1317 transactions were smaller than 2 dollars.
kakobrekla

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 07:15:55 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2013, 07:39:01 PM by kakobrekla

Sounds like you're running a trading bot and are angry because you're encountering weird bugs. Guess what, normal users might not be affected enough for it to matter, certainly not as much as you're trying argue. Let's take my case for example: I've executed 1317 transactions on Bitstamp, totaling $1276.26 in fees. If Bitstamp really added an extra 0.01 to all those transactions, they've stolen $13.17. That's 1% of the fees I've paid. I can see this being a problem, if you are a spammer of 0.01 BTC trades.

EDIT: I can see the rounding problem in my fees easily, it just doesn't add up to very much in the end. Only ~20 of my 1317 transactions were smaller than 2 dollars.

Basically, if you are stealing small enough its ok to do it! Just so the public knows, you fuckin idiot. You are too stupid to be affected, can't even do the math properly (yes your calc. is wrong) or you are a scammer yourself (judging from your criteria of doing business) or both.

juhakall

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:06:56 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2013, 10:27:01 PM by juhakall

Basically, if you are stealing small enough its ok to do it! Just so the public knows, you fuckin idiot. You are too stupid to be affected, can't even do the math properly (yes your calc. is wrong) or you are a scammer yourself (judging from your criteria of doing business) or both.

Please enlighten me on how that calculation is wrong. In my mind, it goes like this: 1317 transactions, a maximum of $0.01 stolen from each. That totals $13.17. It's hard to get 0.01*1317 wrong. Of course, not every transaction has had the maximum $0.01 stolen from it, so the total would be less than $13.17. So my transaction fees have been anywhere from 0.5% (naively expecting that 0.005 would be the average stolen fee) to 1% (13.17/(13.17+1276.26)) higher than expected. Yes, that might be called stealing. Do I care about it enough to whine endlessly on forums? No.

Have you considered that maybe your dickish attitude is why you aren't getting any help with your problems? You seem to have a crusade against Bitstamp.
kakobrekla

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:30:22 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2013, 10:41:39 PM by kakobrekla

Please enlighten me on how that calculation is wrong. In my mind, it goes like this: 1317 transactions, a maximum of $0.01 stolen from each. That totals $13.17. Of course, not every transaction has had the maximum $0.01 stolen from it, so the total would be less than $13.17. So my transaction fees have been anywhere from 0.5% to 1% higher than expected.

Are you 13 yet, you know cause hashking was 12. Here goes:

Code:
Buy     Aug. 3, 2012, 7:55 a.m.     0.01159742 BTC      -$0.12   $10.10    $0.01 [fee is now 8.3%]
Buy     Aug. 3, 2012, 7:54 a.m.     0.00192400 BTC     -$0.02    $10.10      $0.01 [fee is now 50%]
Sell    July 31, 2012, 12:09 p.m.  -0.02586900 BTC     $0.24     $9.21      $0.01 [fee is now 4.2%]

And since you are speaking for casual dumbfuck user, they get scammed the most from this, since they are not using special api to check for this bullshit breadcrumbs in the orderbook.

Yes, that might be called stealing. Do I care about it enough to whine endlessly on forums? No.
Have you considered that maybe your dickish attitude is why you aren't getting any help with your problems?

Have you considered I am not looking for help here but you look like an idiot who argues its alright if ppl steal from his own wallet?

WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:48:33 PM

Please enlighten me on how that calculation is wrong. In my mind, it goes like this: 1317 transactions, a maximum of $0.01 stolen from each. That totals $13.17. Of course, not every transaction has had the maximum $0.01 stolen from it, so the total would be less than $13.17. So my transaction fees have been anywhere from 0.5% to 1% higher than expected.

Are you 13 yet, you know cause hashking was 12. Here goes:

Code:
Buy     Aug. 3, 2012, 7:55 a.m.     0.01159742 BTC      -$0.12   $10.10    $0.01 [fee is now 8.3%]
Buy     Aug. 3, 2012, 7:54 a.m.     0.00192400 BTC     -$0.02    $10.10      $0.01 [fee is now 50%]
Sell    July 31, 2012, 12:09 p.m.  -0.02586900 BTC     $0.24     $9.21      $0.01 [fee is now 4.2%]

And since you are speaking for casual dumbfuck user, they get scammed the most from this, since they are not using special api to check for this bullshit breadcrumbs in the orderbook.

Yes, that might be called stealing. Do I care about it enough to whine endlessly on forums? No.
Have you considered that maybe your dickish attitude is why you aren't getting any help with your problems?

Have you considered I am not looking for help here but you look like an idiot who argues its alright if ppl steal from his own wallet?

I'm confused as to what your gripe is about this rounding issue.  It seems like they are rounding up to the nearest cent right?  Is that what you are saying the problem is?  That this extra cent is being stolen???
ironcross360

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 03:39:36 PM

I have good reason to believe BItstamp is stealing bitcoins from clients accounts. Lost access to account and then provided all documents to them and they agreed everything was ok and to give me access again. Just now they blocked my IP and disabled the BItstamp account i had been logged into from to contact them. I have made a new account and messaged them again.

If this is confirmed I will be reporting here tomorrow in exactly 24 hrs with plenty of evidence documenting this. They might not know it but I have all messages backed up. Smiley

I will also take them to court and begin a tedious legal dispute if what BItstamp has done is not rectified.

BItstamp you have 24 hrs to give me what Im owed or Ill come down on you like a ton of bricks.

EDIT: They are continuing to block all of my IP's
Same thing happened to me. They took like .00001btc but its all good wasent even $.1

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
kakobrekla

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:11:44 PM

Just insane....

That this extra cent is being stolen???

They took like .00001btc but its all good wasent even $.1

Bitcoin idiots WANT to get ripped.

Bagpipe

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:43:13 PM

If Bitstamp really added an extra 0.01 to all those transactions, they've stolen $13.17. That's 1% of the fees I've paid. I can see this being a problem, if you are a spammer of 0.01 BTC trades.
Have you considered that maybe your dickish attitude is why you aren't getting any help with your problems? You seem to have a crusade against Bitstamp.
Well, I have a use for 13.17 USD, please consider sending me a similar amount, I really need it.

P.S. I don't use API and even when doing large enough trades, sums like -0.03 USD were appearing in the balance too often for my comfort!
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:32:11 PM

We're you trying to exchange tradefortress btc for real btc? Lol

This is the funniest Goddamned thing I've seen in awhile. Was starting to wonder if everyone here at bitcointalk was a tradefortress shill.

Follow me on Twitter @TradeFartress LOL

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄