Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:00:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is mining still profitable?  (Read 3476 times)
michaelyu5 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:26:43 AM

im kinda new to mining is it still profitable with gtx 1070 or only if u have d3 is it worth to invest in it
jekecoin

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 08:32:53 AM

No, it's too late, get your money and learn to trade

Hard obsoleto                    VPS: Digitalocean                     Cloudmining: Cex.io · EOBOT                    Gambling: Primedice
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:33:26 AM

im kinda new to mining is it still profitable with gtx 1070 or only if u have d3 is it worth to invest in it

Yes its still profitable.

Great way to get rich "slowly".
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:36:23 AM

It is profitable.

You just need to do research and put some hard work and patience into building your rig. Mining is a long term endeavour. You shouldn't look at the revenue and profit you are seeing today, but rather look at the potential future value of the coins you are mining.
Miracle_Man

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:49:01 AM

If you are satisfied with the payback in a year or more, then it is still good for you. I am waiting new gpu now or coin price up.

maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:35:06 AM

It is still profitable on long term, if you meet a few conditions:
- get a possibility to mine cheap. Electricity costs are mostly very high.
- Mine the right coin: Expected worth in future against difficulty.
Maybe you could also earn with renting your hardware out like on nicehash. Mostly for customers not profitable but seem although to rent hardware
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 09:39:07 AM

Although i have never tried mining with rigs,  but based on my reading and people's case study

It is still profitable if you check on :whattomine.com

The only thing that would make it become unprofitable is the cost of electricity

If that factor is excluded from Cost, it should be profit regardless of how low of your hash rate Tongue
home_miner

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:53:44 AM

Hy,

It is profitable, but think and plan carefully, go for solutions which are bulletproof, or at least find someone who already did it and its working.  http://simplemining.net/ can greatly reduce your initial efforts after u have built tha system, and yes, DIY,  Wink

Greetings
Mini_Miner

Activity: 228

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:31:42 AM

Still profitable? Not much. I have 3 gpu farm and will not buy more right now. But we have new news everyday, may be bitcoin gold bust profit.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 12:35:00 PM

Always going to be a 2 group of ppl who telling you it's ok go for it , or dont bc you just wasting ur money !
You have to make a decision for yourself !
Do your own research !
No one can tell you for sure what's going to happen with cryptocurrency !
No one can tell you it's going to be profitable for you or not !
No one can tell you how much profit you going to be able to make ! ( if you can make any at all )
No one can tell you the ROI ( return of investment) time !
None of those calculators you are seeing on the web can tell you what's coming tomorrow , months later or 6 months later !
Those calculators telling you about today , at that moment when you typing in your information !

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:53:44 PM

It's profitable, but not as much as a few months ago.
Depending on your electricity rate, it may not be profitable at all.
If you have very cheap electricity and money then go for it, but honestly you'd make more money by holding cryptocurrencies long-term anyway (let alone trading).
TheCryptoHunter

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 12:56:13 PM

No, Only if you have cheap electricity and alot of money / time.
Also don't expect to become rich because when a new miner looks highly profitable many people will buy it.
So increases the difficulty and you have less and less profit
CoinComputer

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 12:59:37 PM

Even if your mining efforts are not 'profitable', as others have implied, you'll certainly get knowledge/education by exploring mining software/hardware/pools etc. Dive in for a while, you'll either love it/get addicted or not bother - for now  Smiley
Sev18

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:17:22 PM

It's late for ethereum mining. Buying ethereum with your budget is more profitable.
If you are betting on other rising PoW coins, mining could be OK.

■■■■■■■  Multi-Algo Switching Manager - MULTIPOOL MULTIALGO Profit Switch Launcher  ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■             https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2041971             ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■                           Download Now!                           ■■■■■■■
sohard4me

Activity: 125

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:19:55 PM

Just do it!  Grin

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   Infinex  ✔  Masternode  ✔  Decentralised ✔ Instant Send   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN US AT DISCORD    ★    ✔ ACTIVE DISCUSSION  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN TELEGRAM MASTERNODE ONLINE  MNRANK  TWITTER  CRYPTOBRIDGE   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 02:33:46 PM

I think it's a bit late if you're looking for a good ROI in short-term, but it's never late if you target for mid-long term with good coins.
Somebody here already stated that they mined some coins even for negative profit, but they get rich now.
treather

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:35:21 PM

Yes and no, It depends on the coin, some coins are very rewarding to mine, while others have a high level of difficulty hence the profits a low.

beebee187

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:21:24 PM

Yes it is still profitable, although I have noticed a lower return rate mining ethereum over the last month or so. I think the difficulty of this coin has increased enough that it has affected the profitability of my rigs. I will continue to mine it until I cannot anymore then will switch what I am mining using the rigs. That is a nice feature of building mining rigs, you do have some flexibility of what you are using them for. Definitely not a "get rich quick" type of thing, but in my opinion still worth doing.

michaelyu5 (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:22:12 PM

but if i get a d3 i know its going to be like super good short term or long term right? and it pays for itself in like 2 months
s90x

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:02:49 PM

Currently it is 15+ month ROI and is decreasing heavily, for so new miners bad time to enter market. But, if you want to build a gaming pc that will double up as mining server go ahead.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: