Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:49:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is mining still profitable?  (Read 3476 times)
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:19:23 PM

Yes it is profitable but I think you need to have high capital to get more profit and I think it takes 3 months for the ROI.

Lol, you newbies really haven't a clue and its BS posts like this that keep new people buying in. Maybe 6 months ago you could figure on a 3 month ROI, now it is closer to a year, and that is if you have cheap power. One of the most efficient cards there is in terms of hash performance versus wattage is the GTX 1060. You can get 25 MH/s (ETH) for about 80 watts per card. Even with 6 cents per kWh power costs you are barely earning $0.91 a day which will take you 274 days to ROI, assuming everything stays constant, which it won't. Even if you have free electricity you are talking 250 day ROI periods.

So we are actually talking about 8-9 months ROI IF and that is a big IF everything were to stay the same. But things are constantly changing, hash rates, difficulty, and a coins price are going to fluctuate so it is unlikely to stay constant over such a long period of time. What is more likely is profitability will continue to dwindle and turn that 8-9 months ROI into 16-18 months or never.

Maybe once people realize this and second hand hardware starts to flood the market, also putting pressure on retail new prices to come down, will it make sense to buy hardware again. The 1060 I referenced above retails for around $250 (for the 6 GB version), maybe once that is selling for $125 on sale would it even remotely make sense to get back into buying hardware.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:26:16 PM

If you got power for free mining could be very profitable.
You could earn the coins for "free" and hold them until sky rocket....

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You still need to pay for your equipment. Even with free power the ROI times are stretching into the 8 month territory, see my post above. So the only way your scenario works is if you have already paid for hardware and free electricity.

Of course this neglects the lost opportunity costs which means you might be better off selling your equipment now when you can still get something or it then 6 months from now when all mining is basically dead. There is also your time to consider to manage and keep the rigs running, so really nothing is free. If it takes you 4 hours a week to manage a couple of rigs you could instead be working that 4 hours at a job and probably making more money.
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:51:38 PM

People got spoiled with 3 month roi this spring/summer. If 12-16 months roi is ok with you, then it is fine to go for it. Also, who knows, maybe a new coin jumps out that could wipe zcash, ether and the whole lot and is also gpu mineable.  Wink
Lcturkey

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:26:18 PM

t depends on your rig cost. i bought 7 gpu rx470 half of its price so my roi term is to short. its still profitable for me.
sohard4me

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:19:09 PM

for 12 - 18 months ROI time, well... its definitely tough
Please remember, gpu efficiency drop hard once new generation gpu release into market

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   Infinex  ✔  Masternode  ✔  Decentralised ✔ Instant Send   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN US AT DISCORD    ★    ✔ ACTIVE DISCUSSION  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN TELEGRAM MASTERNODE ONLINE  MNRANK  TWITTER  CRYPTOBRIDGE   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
leslie4u

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:35:49 PM

This is indeed a very common question and I am sure many have already asked this the very first time they jumped in Crypto world. Well, like many said a lot depends on the what you mine. Many think mining BTC would be profitable because it has the highest value but then they do not know that this is definitely not the case. I cam still mine altcoin and make some decent profit. Mining is a long term investment. Take one step at a time.
terrific

Activity: 2170
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:45:34 PM

im kinda new to mining is it still profitable with gtx 1070 or only if u have d3 is it worth to invest in it

There's a lot of people that are keep on asking if mining is profitable. My friendly suggestion to you guys, you should start learn to do your own research before investing into something like mining. Lack of knowledge will pull you down and will make you think that it is not profitable anymore. The difficulty increases, so the hardship and struggle with alt coin mining is increasing too. If you haven't ready to invest big amount of money and you are not good in taking up a risk, good for trading instead.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

makomako

Activity: 210

altcom Aa4DWXQjrcEA8gPBLkx6t9VgCuWoCo1myE

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:01:34 AM

do your own research, profitability differs from one person to another Smiley

BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:18:22 AM

No worth to mine for profit anymore. Hardwares and electricity will cost too much to still in profit unless in a big scale. But, it good for as a hobby.
Rugosa

Activity: 137
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:32:38 AM

Its still profitable provided you dont make costly mistakes and arent trying to ROI in a couple months

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
dukemc

Activity: 431
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:40:50 AM

Mining for future profit is very interesting - if you have cheap electricty and want do invest in hardware you can go it´s a long term investment in a mining rig and if you donßt want mine anymore you can use some of the hardware do play games  Grin
Me2ci

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:54:18 AM

just mine a bunch of up and coming coins before tehy get all mined out. then go for the next coin. may be a waste for a few but if you find good ones and DYOR tou can get some gems
Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:02:29 AM

A lot of profitable coins are not on whattomine. Do your own research and those little gems will pop up every now and again
Smoikata

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:13:28 AM

Yes of course. Mining will be always profitable.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:22:46 AM

No worth to mine for profit anymore. Hardwares and electricity will cost too much to still in profit unless in a big scale. But, it good for as a hobby.

No buddy.Bitcoin is always profitable one.Because I am doing Mine.I am a Miner.But you have to think wisely to get the profit from the Mining.First thing is Electricity.If you have very low cost Electricity means,You will get more profit from it.If you make use of Solar panels means,you will get huge profit sure.
mahimonliner

Activity: 350

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 07:03:22 AM

I dont knwo mining is now profitable or not, But im damn sure that mining is way better then trading.

Miner4ever

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:04:29 AM

Most miners have long since discarded the equipment and everything they mine out is pure earnings minus electrical current.
More if they follow the most cost-effective coin and are waiting for them to sell at the right course...
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:53:38 AM

but if i get a d3 i know its going to be like super good short term or long term right? and it pays for itself in like 2 months

look at the difficulty chart of Dash: https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/dash-difficulty.html

Cry Cry Cry
ans34

Activity: 161

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:00:04 AM

Mining is not profitable!! Shut down your rigs and sell them!
baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:00:34 AM

Mining is not profitable!! Shut down your rigs and sell them!

Totally agree with u..

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: