Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:38:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is mining still profitable?  (Read 3475 times)
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:26:20 PM

I think its profitable for people that are already in it for a while and ROI-ed their investment...for newcomer,
I'd rather invest into coin than into rig

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mojoxc

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:46:18 PM

I expanded and it was to diversify and needed to use the half megawatt that I had laying around for a rainy day.
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:12:19 PM

Looks like risky business now. By the time altcoins are profitable again the coins that are being mined ate probably forgotten and replaced by newer ones that solve problems or add features.

UnknownX

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:57:37 PM

im kinda new to mining is it still profitable with gtx 1070 or only if u have d3 is it worth to invest in it
It depends on whichever for you is profit.
15-20 USD per month after electricity cost deduction is it profitable for you?
As for me it's not worth it. It's much better to invest directly in coins right now.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:12:40 AM

im kinda new to mining is it still profitable with gtx 1070 or only if u have d3 is it worth to invest in it
As for me it's not worth it. It's much better to invest directly in coins right now.

thats per day dude wtf per month 20 on a D3 are u smoking crack ??
bnlllamo

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:23:53 AM

Depends on what you want to mine. Bitcoin will be too late as it was dominated by ASIC mining farms at altcoin still a little bit profitable specially if you are in the region with cheap electricity.
joshuaj

Activity: 224

IDEX - LIVE Real-time DEX

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:14:46 AM

Not quite profitable, but it depends on your electricity bill, if you have cheaper bill then it is still worth.

bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:12:19 AM

Currently it would to say that depend on your 1st investment to mining.
With my opinion just put small note to trade on some exchange.
Mining sure still profitable if not why many people investing in this. It's depend on your self

AschPlatform

Activity: 150
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:35:57 AM

It is still profitable and the cost of mining supports the market price

ASCH Platform - Next-Generation Blockchain Application Platform Based on Multi-Chain Architecture and Cross-Chain Technology
WebsiteWhitepaper •   ExplorerGitHub Community Forum •  Weibo Slack
 • Twitter •  FacebookTelegram Reddit  • FAQs •  Medium
darkness137

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:47:02 AM

This question depends on two things.
First if you want to be involved in the crypto market is it for profit seeking, growth of the network or both?
Second do you feel very assured that the money you invest in the crypto market will be a worthwhile investment, i.e. is the risk worth the reward?

My experience involved buying cards to mine, in order to hedge my bet against a collapse of the crypto market earlier this year. I still feel that purchasing the equipment is the safer bet in the sense that you still have a physical product that has some utility.

If you are tech savvy, don't mind spending large portions of your free time working on your rigs and properly cooling them, you will have a fun project on your hands. Some people advocate away from people mining because an increase in network difficulty reduces rewards but i prefer an army of hobby miners controlling the network than a bunch of render farm giants moonlighting on the crypto networks.
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 06:45:32 AM

i think $20 per month is not too expensive for electricity cost but we need to have high end hardware and its depend on what coins want we mining. i think with gtx1070, you need to have more than only one gpu because if its only one gpu then you can not make any profit. if you have more money, maybe you can considering to buy hardware like L3 which currently mining ltc and you can visit on bitmain company to buy the hardware.
bitcoiners25

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 06:58:32 AM

Yes it is profitable but I think you need to have high capital to get more profit and I think it takes 3 months for the ROI.
LoraineLY

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:02:37 AM

Yes! It's still profitable.

I just started mining a month ago. I used to do trading before I finally decided to do mining. Yes, you need to build your own machines and you need to maintain them carefully. But if you can use the mining software with the best algorithms --- which can help you optimize the calculus power, it is still quite profitable.

PS. I'm mainly mining ZEC and ETH. If you are interested in mining, and if you are also interested in mining ZEC and ETH, you can write me a message, and I can share what software I've been using and whether they are good or not.
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:11:28 AM

Yes it is profitable but I think you need to have high capital to get more profit and I think it takes 3 months for the ROI.

Which coin? Actually, do you know any coin with less than 9 months ROI?
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:28:08 AM

It is still profitable but profitability is very little compared with what used to be. This comes from people from all over the world even third world countries buying GPU-s and started to build mining rigs since late last year when profitability was extreme for a GPU-s with ROI in less than 3 months. Things have changed and now if you ROI within one year you are a very lucky one. Not a good time to enter mining but if you want to try it no one can stop you.

Unfortunately one GTX 1070 will make you about 0.00032 btc in a day or even less when mining ETH or ZEC.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
BlomBaster

Activity: 234

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:29:11 AM

Mining will lost profitable if try big company start mining. They will have low equipment price and can find places with a low price of electricity.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:44:29 AM

Mining will lost profitable if try big company start mining. They will have low equipment price and can find places with a low price of electricity.

Hmmm, big try company did and are right now mining for themselves, AMD one of the major GPU manufacturers in the world already has the biggest ETH farms, they with other big companies are selling hundreds of thousands of GPU's every month. it is always profitable to mine if you know when to sell.
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:55:50 AM

Yes mining is still profitable as long as bitcoin is keep increasing.And be wise enough to buy mining hardware so that you can have a better profit.Think another source of electricity like solar power and calculate its ROI so that you can forecast your profit in it.
UnknownX

Activity: 175

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:14:52 PM

hey man, you should definitely stop smoking, it's killing.
michaelyu5 was asking about profitability of mining with gtx 1070.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
blacktux88

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 08:48:27 PM

If you got power for free mining could be very profitable.
You could earn the coins for "free" and hold them until sky rocket....

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: