Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:09:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is mining still profitable?  (Read 3476 times)
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:00:55 AM

I would suggest mining Bitcoin, as it looks the most stable and steadily increasing token.
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:02:21 AM

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY NEWBIES KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION " ITS TO LATE TO START MINING , IT IS STILL PROFITABLE ?"

No one can tell you !
Always going to be a 2 group of ppl who telling you it's ok go for it , or dont bc you just wasting ur money !
You have to make a decision for yourself !
Do your own research !
No one can tell you for sure what's going to happen with cryptocurrency !
No one can tell you it's going to be profitable for you or not !
No one can tell you how much profit you going to be able to make ! ( if you can make any at all )
No one can tell you the ROI ( return of investment) time !
None of those calculators you are seeing on the web can tell you what's coming tomorrow , months later or 6 months later !
Those calculators telling you about today , at that moment when you typing in your information !
It's little bit of gambling , you must to decide you want to play on the lottery or not  Grin
YES some of us got lucky , made some money with mining
YES some of us got unlucky , lost some money , bc when price started to fall , sold the coins , miners

------------------------------------------------
- not my words but i agree with this Smiley
mackley

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:44:11 AM

Yes! Mining is still profitable and you're not late to start. But, if  you want to get rich faster I believe trading is the key. Some of my friends were started from mining later on they start trading and now focus on trading. There mining rig is still there but their priority now is to trade.
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:51:34 AM

Unless proof of work completely disappears there are bound to be new inventions in new mineable coins. And those could become valuable.

xplod6k

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:27:37 PM

You must do a lot of research first... profit depends on lot of factors including your investment, electricity cost in your area, the coin you want to mine , etc.
mhcd

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:48:59 PM

It always be as long as coins are alive
michaelyu5 (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:01:35 PM

so cloud mining is better than getting a mining rig ?
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 03:20:04 PM

yeah i ordered bitcoin miners from bitmain, but the recently raised thier prices so no more orders from me for a while
michaelyu5 (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:57:52 AM

thanks for the answers guys will do try to keep it in mind
plku631

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:41:10 AM

my answer will be yes。
A lot of profitable coins are not on whattomine. Do your own research and those little gems will pop up every now and again
kalymist

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 08:49:19 AM

my answer will be yes。
A lot of profitable coins are not on whattomine. Do your own research and those little gems will pop up every now and again

True Smiley

Lots of thing to understand about the coin cycling life Wink

Ai7xpressTV

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:26:51 PM

It depends what you want to mine. I only mine currencies early stage to get as much rewards as possible.

I prefer currencies where I am optimistic that it will increase in price and marketcap. No BTC or ETH mining here.
ROFLED

Activity: 65

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:32:21 PM

It depends what you want to mine. I only mine currencies early stage to get as much rewards as possible.

I prefer currencies where I am optimistic that it will increase in price and marketcap. No BTC or ETH mining here.
It's worth it if we drop out time to rise mined coin?
namelessaaa

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:42:23 PM

Still profitable if you just care about electricity bill.
But if you want to buy new card, you need to think about more things.
Maybe buy some coins and hold is a better choice.
quarl

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:02:01 PM

Still profitable if you just care about electricity bill.
But if you want to buy new card, you need to think about more things.
Maybe buy some coins and hold is a better choice.
I totally agree with you mining the good coin with no electricity it s better.
You take a risk it s still a gambling you ve to be aware you can loose you investment...
It depends now how much it worth it.
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:40:47 PM

It is still profitable, it will cost you just a little bit of electricity. Some coins could have a real price explosion and can generate good profits. You will have to do some speculation, but you could make it profitable for sure. As long as you make the right decisions and mine the right coins.

Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:35:06 PM

The profit has gone out the market like it was at the beginning of the year. That was just incredible for mining and a lot reinvested that money back in to mining at the right time. Now they have hundreds of gpus
pia19

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:03:12 AM

Yes it still profitable if you carefully planned it before you start. Mining cryptocurrencies is a very slow process but its the surest and safest. You have to consider a lot of factors before you start mining. First, you need to set up a computer with a powerful mining hardware. Do a research on what hardware is the best to use in mining. Second, you have to look for a cheaper source of electricity. The cheaper your electricity cost, the more profit you will have. Third, choose the right coin to mine. Not all coins are worth mining. Read some news on trends about crpto coins that is good to mine. And lastly, you need a lot of patience because its a very slow process.
Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:10:09 AM

I have mined since mid June and have mined about $3000 so far in altcoins. I have not invested any money except about $3000 into my mining rig. So I've hit hardware RoI. That is excluding electricity cost which is quite high but I'm not the miner who immediatelly sell his assets. I am a holder, so RoI doesn't really apply to me here.
And I'm still mining. I'm going to mine for another 8-9 months or so and hope that my coins go up 5-10x which is perfectly possible as I'm mostly holding Waves, NEO, Shift and a few others I believe in. Let's say I mine about $5000 more in those 8 months, total being about $8000. Now if in 10 months my assets go 5x I will have $40.000. That about my yearly pay... so yeah I feel that mining is still profitable.

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
5moke

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:25:56 AM

it is by no means as profitable as it used to be.

but if you want to collect coins is a nice hobi.

mabe wants some times a coin grow up

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: