Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:13:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many coins should you HODL?  (Read 1793 times)
blacktux88

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 08:43:13 PM

if its not hurting you hold it until the end of flyling to moon  Roll Eyes

Hey guys today i have a special question.
i am HODLing 11 different coins right now including bitcoin...it that too much or should i spread even more?

My opinion is make a wide spread so your dont have that big loss. on the other hand also not that big win...

What do you think?

The Young Turk
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1013

DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:06:18 PM

I think 11 coins are too much because it's hard to keep track of news for each one if you don't have an investment team and you share workload between each of you. I keep it 5 to 8 altcoins. I can follow every coin, news, rumors, development etc. I can follow everything about them. But after 8 coins I can't keep up with all of them.

███████                   
                      ██████████                        ██       
                       ████████████                  ███       
                                ██████████           █████       
                                        ███████      ██████         
██████                  ███████     ████
████████                ██████     ██   
██████████        ████████           
███████████    █████████           
████████    ████████

███████    ████████       
              ██████    █████████████ 
          █████████      ███████████ 
      ███████████          █████████ 
██████████████                       
████████████████                       
███████      ████████████           
██████        ████████████           
████                ██████████           

.xx-coin.io.

DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!

maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:12:06 PM

i am HODLing 11 different coins right now including bitcoin...it that too much or should i spread even more?

My opinion is make a wide spread so your dont have that big loss. on the other hand also not that big win...

What do you think?
I am planning to buy few coins. Going to start buying LTC, Waves, Ripple, NEO and few more coins as of now. They are booming up in the market. The growth ratio is really steady and trustworthy. Watching out the growth ratio. Hope these coins would really have a good growth.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
uDwcHYO

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:39:26 PM

depending on what goals you have. The more different coins you hold, the more you diversify the risks. but it also depends on the capitalization.

zzz
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:00:28 PM

I am currently holding 4 altcoins and bitcoin. The number of coins that you hodl doesn't really matter, what matters is the growth potential of the coin you are hodling and if it can meet the goal that you set on each of them on their specified time. Another thing is your capacity to monitor all of them; to have the time to check and observe on their trends.

bitekoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:28:36 PM

ICOs are tricky to predict nowadays, but if you are willing to weather the storms then placing your trust in a solid product like Augur, 0x and even the upcoming RoboAdvisor can have great returns in the long run.
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:39:50 PM

Im holding for about 3-5 coins as long we can manage to hold our investment in altcoins it is okay. The time you invest we know our risks for spending money in cryptocurrency. So invest and observe all your coins you hold and sell when you are already in profit.
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:05:28 PM

Currently im with 3-7 altcoins besides bitcoin, i do believe soem altcoins are realy under their real value, and as what happened this year already they should readjust. Besides those the moment of get rich with bitcoin is now possible if you have a big and decent capital, because 8000 dollars its very expensive for the most already, while altcoins are cheaper and has huge potencial as well to grow.
ployfit

Activity: 155

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:26:41 PM

Currently im with 3-7 altcoins besides bitcoin, i do believe soem altcoins are realy under their real value, and as what happened this year already they should readjust. Besides those the moment of get rich with bitcoin is now possible if you have a big and decent capital, because 8000 dollars its very expensive for the most already, while altcoins are cheaper and has huge potencial as well to grow.

If those are alt coins, that's fine. If they're tokens, it's not fine for you. Tokens of projects are undergoing a huge dump at the moment and the recovery is not happenning fast in there.
PPleaseman

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:00:46 PM

Hello. In the beginning i wanted to follow 5-7 projects closely, but then i saw there are so many great projects out there. I also believe into diversifying, if one coin is a bust the other one may make you money.
Actually its quit hard, it seems like ever week more and more projets with good ideas start (so its hard to do a good research). So far i have 40 Coins and i plan to keep it at that number, but who knows

Cheers
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:09:59 PM

Hello. In the beginning i wanted to follow 5-7 projects closely, but then i saw there are so many great projects out there. I also believe into diversifying, if one coin is a bust the other one may make you money.
Actually its quit hard, it seems like ever week more and more projets with good ideas start (so its hard to do a good research). So far i have 40 Coins and i plan to keep it at that number, but who knows

Cheers

Diversification is actually a good thing in order to average and mean the profit and loss. However, in my opinion, 40 coins are actually too many. Not sure what you have but 25% of those will be worthless is a while. Better to exchange some of them into more robust ones.
Matrix3

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:12:57 PM

The thing is the assessment. I do not think there should be too many tokens, because neither BTC nor ETH other currencies significantly lag behind, but surprises are possible.
adsdas

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:39:08 PM

I think that 5 to 7 coins is a good choice for investment and trading. If you buy too much, it is difficult to you can control and follow them

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
IamHigh

Activity: 170

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:53:00 PM

Cheers

Diversification is actually a good thing in order to average and mean the profit and loss. However, in my opinion, 40 coins are actually too many. Not sure what you have but 25% of those will be worthless is a while. Better to exchange some of them into more robust ones.

Personally for me, 40 coins is impossible to deal with. I can't even do my things while holding 5 coins. The best is to have different ones, but not that much in numbers. Maximum 10 of them, no more.
thulisman

Activity: 85

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:38:04 PM

I think with the new altcoin 40 coin is a pretty small number, if that's not Etherum. As the new altcoin is usually relatively low value from several satoshi to several hundred satoshi. If only 40 coin altcoin it is difficult for you to make more profit.
brusnika

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:43:32 PM

Im holding about 50 coins, i suppose that's right!

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __   
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale  Sep up to 25% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
TipMePlz

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:44:02 PM

got more then 15 ether and less than 1 btc.
sucix

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:45:36 PM

What do you think?

I should not say how many in certain amount. For me more you hold is more your money.
That is my motto of trading. At least i have to keep 5 coins or more. So you have 11 and thats very good.

Harry1v

Activity: 115

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:40:38 PM

I have dozens of COINS before, but now I hold the COINS not to exceed 10, very heartache, if I don't buy buy only when other COINS COINS, so I also make a lot of money now.

davecrypto

Activity: 151

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:57:14 PM

For HODLing are coins with a big marketcap, a good and well known devteam with big community.

1. BTC
2. ETH
3. XMR
4. EOS
5. IOTA
6. HSR
7. POWR

...now, BTC is definately #1

CORNUCOPIA    || Gain Access to Amazing IPOs || [ Pre-Ico 2018 ]

Whitepaper    Facebook TwitterTelegram
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print