Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:51:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many coins should you HODL?  (Read 1785 times)
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:25:18 PM

There are few coins which deserve holding for long term because their prices keep increasing and having a big community supporting and spreading the word about it. Without any doubt BTC still the best choice when talking about crypto holding, but also Ethereum, LTC and Monero have good potential and you can generate good profit if you hold them for few months or years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:36:13 PM

The only coin that i can suggest to you that you can hold is bitcoin, if you want really want to profit from the exchanges or from the volatility of crypto currency well its bitcoin.
thedarksun

Activity: 639
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:11:30 PM

If we talk about types, just try to find the most confident and invest as much as you can and try to find thrash ones which will grow in future like 50/80%.
SchlaWinner

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

Invent Bacon-Coin and see me HODL

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:54:00 PM

Problem with the market currently is - no matter how promising a project is, if there are no news related to it for a few weeks, the price will keep declining on a slow pace. That said especially now that BTC is booming it looks like there are no other attractive coins, but thats because the way you look at the market right now is mostly a very short-term view. The decline in coins you thought were promising might just be temporary and the coin might hit x10 your initial purchase price withhin a few months or years, but since the price might as well decline by another 20-30% or even 40-50% over the next few months, the big coins just seem to be a much better pick right now. Only other coins that are having big growth are pumped coins atm. If you plan to invest long term - pick your favourite project and dont check market everyday all day for the current price. Leave it and come back in 2 years. If youre constantly active checking the market, the big coins might be more favourable for your soul.

thats just my 2c

I am too awesome to even do Signature campaigns.
AlienWithBTC

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:17:07 PM

Hey guys today i have a special question.
i am HODLing 11 different coins right now including bitcoin...it that too much or should i spread even more?

My opinion is make a wide spread so your dont have that big loss. on the other hand also not that big win...

What do you think?

The best advice I can give you is to only hold coins you personally believe in, so you won't panic sell ween the hype is over
bk2000

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:59:18 PM

If you can find great projects with a fair price, no reason to limit yourself to a specific number of coins.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
DariaBriklaiz

Activity: 254

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:57:45 PM

I am holding approximately 5 coins from the first top 20. Other tokens inclined to long damping
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:01:25 PM

Enough coins to provide proper diversification. Be careful not to spread too loose if you are with a small bankroll, because the trading fees will eat you up drop by drop.
sweerty1

Activity: 453

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:41:23 PM

In general holding up to 15 coins is okay. Following more than 15 coins is very hard task for full time workers so I don't suggest anyone to do it. I guess that optimal is 10.

▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
INVESTA████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
troleybüs
Legendary

Activity: 1424

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:48:42 PM

We are in hold everything stage. Hold every valuable coins, not shitcoins of course. Every coin is pumped to space. Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum are usual suspects but if you have other major altcoins you should hold now. Too many coins is not good though, limit them to 10 or something to follow easily.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:52:17 PM

I have invested my money in only 2 coins bitcoin and Ethereum and I am holding both of them since long time as now the price of bitcoins is going higher and higher and same I have expectations from ethereum too in near future so holding now and selling it at higher profits in future is the best thing to do.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:14:59 PM

For now I was holding 5 coins, because when bitcoin price continuously increasing I try to exchange my other altcoins into bitcoin. I do this because I want to invest more in bitcoin due to good movement of this coin in the market I'm looking forward that this coin will incredibly increase more when 2018 comes. So I also plan to sell the remaining coins into bitcoin.
Payne976

Activity: 112
Merit: 72

"ETHERJACK.io - Blockchain Jackpot game! ICO LIVE!

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:25:36 PM

I'm hodling too many coins at the moment, I want to start selling a few and then having less than 10 in total. I'm currently hodling over 20 coins which isn't great for focus.

EL-NIDO

Activity: 629
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:47:46 PM

First I have had many different coins in my portfolio. But I have reduced my portfolio. It is important to monitor your coins for the price trend, news, updates etc. So with too many coins this will be very difficult to follow new informations of each of them.
DosManos

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:03:10 PM

i am holding 4 different coins (was 5) and i have a plan for the future, depends what will go up
Payne976

Activity: 112
Merit: 72

"ETHERJACK.io - Blockchain Jackpot game! ICO LIVE!

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:30:35 PM

Only hold what you believe in. Have a good spread of tech so not just blockchain read up one the three dag and choose your favorite. Either Nano, Iota or Byteball. Try not to invest in too many shitecoins. May look cheap but look at circulation amount.

Cryptock

Activity: 1792
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:36:15 PM

I have something like a tactic, i hodl one coin which in i invest my whole earnings from other coins, so iam a little bit of trader and holder in one person.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
thedarksun

Activity: 639

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:39:51 PM

In my opinion max 5 coins maybe will be the best to hold. It depends how much time you can devote for cryptocurrency. Because more coins = more time for observation and analysis
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:47:41 PM

Hey guys today i have a special question.
i am HODLing 11 different coins right now including bitcoin...it that too much or should i spread even more?

My opinion is make a wide spread so your dont have that big loss. on the other hand also not that big win...

What do you think?

I'm fan of big spreads.

I hold as many tokens (mainly) as I like at the certain moment. I don't have a hard number, but I'm investing in every project which is interesting to me and my area of interests. Currently I have over 40 tokens Cheesy
Hssn

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:53:06 PM

You should Target holding 5-7 coins which has high potential to grow in feature (btc, eth,ltc,neo etc.. )
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: