Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:15:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many coins should you HODL?  (Read 1795 times)
colemankaan

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

TEND, TOKENISING LUXURY ASSETS

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:03:56 PM

Hmm it’s different for everyone. Currently it’s definitely time hold whatever you have because market is mess an selling your coins from cheaper price is not good. I guess you should have 2 different portfolios one is for short term and second one is for long term coins to be hold.

nafantc

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:45:48 PM

I am holding 14 coins now, and going to increase this amount, but it is important not to dissipate much, because it is important to keep an eye on news.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 04:47:41 PM

Hey guys today i have a special question.
i am HODLing 11 different coins right now including bitcoin...it that too much or should i spread even more?

My opinion is make a wide spread so your dont have that big loss. on the other hand also not that big win...

What do you think?

spreading and diversify minimize your risk by alot
I personally HODL more than 40-50 types of coins
But the main one are basically just less than 5 coins which the value is almost 70% of my HODL portfolio haha
DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:28:32 PM

I bought about 30 coins. Some coins were received in bounties and in the airdrods. And the number of coins is constantly increasing. Most coins in isolation do not cost a lot. But I waiting)

onecall123

Activity: 2100
Merit: 323

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:37:03 PM

You should Target holding 5-7 coins which has high potential to grow in feature (btc, eth,ltc,neo etc.. )
Exactly, that's good. Only HODL good projects that have just begun and has long potential to go. You must make sure look upon the coins supply, demand etc. Top 20 coins will be considerable without a single doubt.
BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:12:45 AM

There's no limit but it depends on how many of them you can keep track of and how many of them are worthy of holding for long term. For me, those long term coins are just 15-20 and the others are just for short term.
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:52:11 AM

You should Target holding 5-7 coins which has high potential to grow in feature (btc, eth,ltc,neo etc.. )
Exactly, that's good. Only HODL good projects that have just begun and has long potential to go. You must make sure look upon the coins supply, demand etc. Top 20 coins will be considerable without a single doubt.
It depends on how much money you are willing to risk, if you have lots of money then your portfolio should be bigger, including risking with very cheap low cap altcoins, if you are limited and you don't have too much money to invest than you should choose only one coin from top 5 coins. Also I think investing only in bitcoin is already enough, you don't need 50 coins you need only one.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
stevanGR

Activity: 310

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:16:50 AM

i just hold 5-8 coins.
those coins which i believe will be great later.
if we hold too many coins will make confuse Cry

civiszero

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:21:02 AM

I would keep a very small portfolio of high potential coins say a portfolio of 5
Sid3d

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:06:42 AM

At the moment I also hold about 30 coins. But while it does not bring profit to me, only losses. But I hope that I will be lucky and I will become quite rich))))).
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:27:54 AM

Don't hodl too much and don't have too little either. Every trader or investor should handle his portfolio according to their hype tolerant levels. If your gut says no, even if the project may latter gain potential, follow your gut instinct. But learn more about the coin you intend to hodl, especially their roadmap.
Doovla

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:32:39 AM

That question can be answered from many perspective. I'm currently holding over 60 coins. For me it is all about time and timing also. Monotoring every single coin and finding the right time to sell it for you its the best.
Condoriano

Activity: 162

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:36:12 AM

There is not limit on how much you can hold. Your budget will do the talking. There's a lot of potential coin right now and each in everyone of them deserves a spotlight.
But I suggest choose the coins you will put your money in or at least do some research to save you some time. Investing takes a lot of time but some coins does increase
big time in such little amount of time.

CryptoSpeck

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:48:00 AM

Imagine it like Pokemon, catch them all!

Edit: except Bitconnect.
tricker01

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:13:51 PM

As of today I was holding 10+ coins, altcoins and tokens. I just do it because I think when digital currencies make noise in the future I have reserved coins. Aside on that I just want to prepared it because I believe that paper cash will be change by digital currency sooner, as of now many people are using debit card and other digital currency. Looking forward that time will come all currencies will become digital.
TACryptoo

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:16:20 PM

i am holding 5 coins . i think its better to hold less different coins but much of one coin .
for example you can better buy 1000 onion then spread the money you spend to onion to different coins . so you get more profit is the bulls run
  ' my opinion'
icegeekfresh

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:23:03 PM

I think 5-8 altcoin number is optimal, sometimes I'm buying 3-4 new altcoin and sometimes reducing total kind of altcoins but normally I hodl 5-8 different altcoin for long term, if there is much it is bad, you must follow all of them.

SilverCarCrash

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:31:23 PM

With a lot of different coins, your portfolio will grow slowly but safer as worst performers will have less impact on it (same for best performers). I mean if one coin is doing -50% while your 30 other coins are stable, well, it won't have much impact on your portfolio.

If you like risk, decrease the number of different coins you hold.

The answer is just about your risk aversion ... and the number of projects that seem attractive to you !
But I would say around 10 altcoins is fine.
Haladay

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:07:18 PM

I think 5-8 altcoin number is optimal, sometimes I'm buying 3-4 new altcoin and sometimes reducing total kind of altcoins but normally I hodl 5-8 different altcoin for long term, if there is much it is bad, you must follow all of them.

Having more than 10 coins does not make any sense because it's hard to follow their price trends and prices. In addition, you need to know about market news about those coins too.
baconlike

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:45:00 PM

i am holding 5 coins . i think its better to hold less different coins but much of one coin .
for example you can better buy 1000 onion then spread the money you spend to onion to different coins . so you get more profit is the bulls run
  ' my opinion'
You keep pretty much a coin, I do not hold much like you, I'm afraid that all the coins I hold are discounted. I will lose a fair amount of money. So I keep only one coin, and the other coin, when I'm profitable, sells all of them. I'm afraid of losing my capital. But maybe I will learn your way, will keep more coins.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: