Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:17:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to claim Bitcoin Cash from Mycelium  (Read 213 times)
adidas9 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:39:14 PM

Hello, I have a problem. I was keeping my Bitcoins on Mycelium before a fork in August. After about 1 month I decided to claim my BCH from Mycelium using Electron Cash.
At first I empted my Mycelium from BTC withdrawing them to my TREZOR. Secondly I have installed Electron Cash and submitted all of my mnemonic seed from Mycelium.
After getting into my Electron cash wallet I've noticed my balance shows "0" and no transactions inside what is nonsense. Afterwards as a last chance I installed Bitcoin ABC wallet as a wallet especially dedicated to this types of operations. The problem is I cannot submit my mnemonic seed in Bitcoin ABC beacuse it needs only a binary seed. How can I swap it?
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:56:09 PM

Hello, I have a problem. I was keeping my Bitcoins on Mycelium before a fork in August. After about 1 month I decided to claim my BCH from Mycelium using Electron Cash.
At first I empted my Mycelium from BTC withdrawing them to my TREZOR. Secondly I have installed Electron Cash and submitted all of my mnemonic seed from Mycelium.
After getting into my Electron cash wallet I've noticed my balance shows "0" and no transactions inside what is nonsense. Afterwards as a last chance I installed Bitcoin ABC wallet as a wallet especially dedicated to this types of operations. The problem is I cannot submit my mnemonic seed in Bitcoin ABC beacuse it needs only a binary seed. How can I swap it?

Have you double checked that the addresses that you control, have the same amounts of BTC on the Bcash blockchain?

https://blockchair.com/bitcoin-cash/blocks

You should start by making sure you received the coins. Once you are sure what addresses you need to import into a BCash wallet. It looks like you did the right thing by moving your coins from Mycellium into Trezor first, then you also did the right thing by importing the seed into Electrum Cash... this is strange to be honest.

I have never dealt with these type of wallets. I always stick to Bitcoin Core so in the case of any fork I send my coins to a new wallet, then the emtpy wallet.dat goes into the fork's client and I access the coins to dump them. I would be paranoid with any other process. Specially if you used Electron Cash's binaries whose author is an anonymous big blocker troll that posts here (the fyookball guy)
rafalles

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:36:22 PM

I'm logining from my second account and continuing the issue given by adidas9.

So I could virtually login to my coinomi wallet by using these seeds, here is my public key: 1JQQUX3DPDoXoFY5LojMDdPYYZckMvAG9o
and even made one additional transaction of 0.004 BTC to maybe push a history and it is just one tx inside.
It is so suspicious looks like this account has firstly been used just today.
On my coinomi there are lots of transactions after fork...
Could it be kinda replay attack?

Any idea what is going on?
newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:18:38 PM

Look at this thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2078292.0

3.Claiming BitcoinCash

Click on the top left menu, then click on + COINS and select BitcoinCash.

A pop dialog will appear, click on "Advanced Settings", in derivation path enter:

M/44H/0H/0H

that's zero BTW

In description you can write whatever you want. In password field enter your password and click on add.

That's it, Let wallet sync and you will see BitcoinCash equivalent to Bitcoins in your wallet.

rafalles

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:01:31 PM

I have stucked. There is no progress in this case.
So I literally cannot display my old transactions on the blockchain, I can do it only by my mycelium.

I insist that I have made only one account on my Mycelium.

Is there a possibility there is kinda subaccount on Mycelium with another separate private key? There is a function such as HD account but I think that I couldn't create separate private key on my account.

Any other solution/explanation?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: