Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:01:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to create a ICO  (Read 3352 times)
jlp

Activity: 266
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:05:37 AM

Very deceptive thread.

Read this short write up about Crowdholding:

3 kinds of ICOs - Protect Yourself
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2243157  (page 5)
phoenixdowndee (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:36:41 PM

Nice article thanks , it is indeed very easy and maybe to easy . You just need a whitepaper and a decent idea.

The next part will focus on the whitepaper, the website and creating a wallet.

thanks for sharing - nice intro to ICOs - the Team behind the ICO is key.

The team is very important I agree, but you also need a solid idea and a concept that can incorporate blockchain for a benefit, not just shoving it in to have an ICO

Is there any ICO which connect decentralized toilets?

Not that i know of, but comment if you find one Wink
phoenixdowndee (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:44:07 PM

Very deceptive thread.

Read this short write up about Crowdholding:

3 kinds of ICOs - Protect Yourself
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2243157  (page 5)

I can see that the crowdholding team has responded to your short write up and answered some of your concerns.

bramborakymilenec

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:35:46 PM

Good first article.

I am glad you started with the thinking process instead of just jumping in and talking about whitepapers and wallets.
thinkpad99

Activity: 654
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:45:12 PM

Good first article.

I am glad you started with the thinking process instead of just jumping in and talking about whitepapers and wallets.

True, something must be started, but I'm also looking forward to seeing the beginners talking about such things. It's always best to start and then when you pull in and treat it like a hobby, you're sure to get well.
SimilarCoin

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:50:27 PM

I like this website https://icotracker.net

There are many web sites about ICO listing but you need to first do a market re-search.
phoenixdowndee (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:55:47 PM

Good first article.

True, something must be started, but I'm also looking forward to seeing the beginners talking about such things. It's always best to start and then when you pull in and treat it like a hobby, you're sure to get well.

Thanks for the kind words guys!
ryanben

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:07:12 PM

Thank you for sharing this article with new people so that they have more experience in this field. Each of us with knowledge will contribute to making the market cleaner and more developed  Smiley

phoenixdowndee (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:16:34 PM

Thank you for sharing this article with new people so that they have more experience in this field. Each of us with knowledge will contribute to making the market cleaner and more developed  Smiley

Thank you for the kind words! part 2 will be coming out this week
uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:18:50 PM

I have been looking at the altcoin announcement board in this forum and it is going to collapse soon, it is incredible the way that there are everytime more founders in that section, and most of them doesnt even receive attention on their ANN.
Investors are only caring about Airdrops like deeponion, and this has been the only succesfull airdrop that is on the forum, the others are pure garbage.
Maybe this is a new era of ICO's?
phoenixdowndee (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:37:33 PM

I have been looking at the altcoin announcement board in this forum and it is going to collapse soon, it is incredible the way that there are everytime more founders in that section, and most of them doesnt even receive attention on their ANN.
Investors are only caring about Airdrops like deeponion, and this has been the only succesfull airdrop that is on the forum, the others are pure garbage.

Maybe, only time will tell if it is a new era for ICO's, personally I think we are not going to see any changes for at least 6 months. There is already more and more people getting involved in this eco-system and even celebs are getting involved which will increase the awareness to the general public.
BitJunky

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:04:45 PM

Yes ICO market has evolved a lot over last few months, and frankly speaking a lot of unwanted sketchy players have entered in scene too. but all this is because of huge dumb money entering the market, though this is bad for all crypto markets reputation but I am sure over the time only projects with strong concepts will survive and this all excess money will move to good projects, so yes this is beginning of new era.
cryptoadmire

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:07:30 PM

When is part two coming out?

I am hoping it has a lot more details and unknown information.
phoenixdowndee (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:29:15 PM

When is part two coming out?

I am hoping it has a lot more details and unknown information.

Some time this week.
BenchCoinToken

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

BenchCoin: A Digital Student Property Enterprise

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 07:42:54 PM

I think it should be pointed out what is needed for a "successful ICO" and what is needed for "successful business AFTER the ICO" are two completely different subjects.

In our experience what is needed for a successful ICO;

1. Very Flashy Website
2. Big Team with Beautiful Pics and LinkedIn Profiles
3. Whitepaper with lots of graphics
4. Informative and Promotional Videos
5. $100K Marketing Budget to use popular ICO alert/listing services

It is 99.9% about IMAGE.  It is unfortunate but most people invest in what "looks" good (many people even believe team pics = due diligence!)  However this is also why there are so many "successful ICO's" which will fail as businesses AFTER the ICO because they lack basic business fundamentals (and most of these were only interested in raising money for the ICO to filter into their pockets and never had intentions of running a business).

I put this in posts before and from a venture capital standpoint there are certain criteria most ICO's are lacking.

For example, in venture capital you have analysis strategies;

Basic Venture Capital funding starts with "Show me a"...
1. Simple explanation of the business (1 sentence, what do you do?)
2. Clear revenue stream (How does the business make $?)
3. Defined exit strategy (How does the investor make $?)

From an investor standpoint, the Company should have...
1. Industry (growth with first mover advantage)
2. Exit Strategy (investor liquidity event)
3. Financial Return (significant for early stage, +50%/3yr.)

Making the investment...
1. Look at Big Picture
2. Find the downside
3. Protect your downside

What we believe makes for a "good" ICO should have the following:

1. Transparent Team
2. Use of Escrow
3. Team Tokens limited to Milestones
4. White Papers
5. Business Plans
6. Practical use of Technology
7. Token Distribution %'s
8. Limited Token Supply

And I would add to this to look for INDUSTRY IMPACT (in the "real" world outside the ICO/Crypto), FINANCIAL PRODUCTS (not necessary but they seem to have more impact), MARKET PENETRATION STRATEGY AND VIABILITY (how many times, especially in our market, do we see "Global"... i.e. we are going to be a "global" platform... that is a nice idea but you can sell hamburgers "globally" before you have traction in a local market - try to show me one business that went global before it was local - this will be one of our Medium articles).

rig4hodlers

Activity: 938
Merit: 156

KOL Manager and CriptoGemas CEO

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 08:12:02 PM

Thanks for the info, nice thread Wink

KOL Manager and CriptoGemas CEO, just contact me on telegram: @angelfcc - @CriptoGemas_R4H
phoenixdowndee (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:30:29 PM

I think it should be pointed out what is needed for a "successful ICO" and what is needed for "successful business AFTER the ICO" are two completely different subjects.

In our experience what is needed for a successful ICO;

1. Very Flashy Website
2. Big Team with Beautiful Pics and LinkedIn Profiles
3. Whitepaper with lots of graphics
4. Informative and Promotional Videos
5. $100K Marketing Budget to use popular ICO alert/listing services

It is 99.9% about IMAGE.  It is unfortunate but most people invest in what "looks" good (many people even believe team pics = due diligence!)  However this is also why there are so many "successful ICO's" which will fail as businesses AFTER the ICO because they lack basic business fundamentals (and most of these were only interested in raising money for the ICO to filter into their pockets and never had intentions of running a business).

I put this in posts before and from a venture capital standpoint there are certain criteria most ICO's are lacking.

For example, in venture capital you have analysis strategies;

Basic Venture Capital funding starts with "Show me a"...
1. Simple explanation of the business (1 sentence, what do you do?)
2. Clear revenue stream (How does the business make $?)
3. Defined exit strategy (How does the investor make $?)

From an investor standpoint, the Company should have...
1. Industry (growth with first mover advantage)
2. Exit Strategy (investor liquidity event)
3. Financial Return (significant for early stage, +50%/3yr.)

Making the investment...
1. Look at Big Picture
2. Find the downside
3. Protect your downside

What we believe makes for a "good" ICO should have the following:

1. Transparent Team
2. Use of Escrow
3. Team Tokens limited to Milestones
4. White Papers
5. Business Plans
6. Practical use of Technology
7. Token Distribution %'s
8. Limited Token Supply

And I would add to this to look for INDUSTRY IMPACT (in the "real" world outside the ICO/Crypto), FINANCIAL PRODUCTS (not necessary but they seem to have more impact), MARKET PENETRATION STRATEGY AND VIABILITY (how many times, especially in our market, do we see "Global"... i.e. we are going to be a "global" platform... that is a nice idea but you can sell hamburgers "globally" before you have traction in a local market - try to show me one business that went global before it was local - this will be one of our Medium articles).

This is a great post, thank you for the information. I am looking to break it down into parts, hence the first part. The second part will focus on the whitepaper, the website and the creation of a wallet.

I don't believe that it is 99% marketing though, i do believe that marketing is extremely important but it still needs a strong team and a great concept. The crypto world still has a lot of people who are not throwing their ETH just because of a flashy site and look into all the flaws and information available about the new altcoin.
phoenixdowndee (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:04:19 PM

Want to buy it for the first time. Which websites would you recommend?

I would recommend looking into the announcement section on this forum. You can find all the ICO's, their information and you can communicate with them.

Thanks for the info, nice thread Wink

Cheers!
phoenixdowndee (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:05:38 AM

Be careful, we already have the similar thread.

Can have more than one thread on a topic, especially on something as important as the very creation of what people are investing in.
fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:14:10 AM

Thanks for this. Will be joining the telegram for this ICO.

When is part 2 coming out?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: