Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 04:19:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to create a ICO  (Read 3352 times)
fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:40:05 AM

Great article. Thanks for that.

I think the nature of ICO's will develop over the next 12 months. There have been many mistakes of ICO's we can now learn from.
phoenixdowndee (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:43:32 AM

Way too many ICOs hitting the market today. Because of this the money is spread to thin and legit good ICOs are having trouble reaching their goals.

Interesting idea, I personally think they will become bigger and more people will get involved in them, we have seen celebs starting to endorse them. I think the only real issue is stifling legislation and is put in place with the sole purpose of making ICO's impossible to create / participate in.

Great article. Thanks for that.

I think the nature of ICO's will develop over the next 12 months. There have been many mistakes of ICO's we can now learn from.

Thank you, I also believe this will change. There is no way that this will continue as it is now. Personally I think there will be some drastic changes in the next 6 months. 
phoenixdowndee (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:04:59 PM

Part two is out now.

It concerns creating a White Paper and a Website.

https://medium.com/@crowdholding/how-to-create-an-ico-part-2-the-two-ws-d1332752be77

Would love some feedback and if there is anything you would add or change.
admissions

Activity: 107
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:06:57 PM

Part two is out now.

https://medium.com/@crowdholding/how-to-create-an-ico-part-2-the-two-ws-d1332752be77

Very good. I think creating a clear and concise paper wallet is the first step to success. If you can show your users what your coin does in a clear way then they just makes it much easier to understand and start using. Too many coins are too complicated to get into these days and lack a clear instruction.
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:10:30 PM

ICO's are in abundance in the crypto world, every day there are more and more appearing. But what do you need to create a successful ICO? Here is an article on how to get started. Once you understand the processes and concepts behind ICO's, you will be able to tell a good one from a poor one.

https://medium.com/@crowdholding/how-to-create-an-ico-part-1-the-building-blocks-ee1e7a2834b7

What do you think of part 1? would you add anything to it?

Edit

Here is part two:-

What do you think? Feedback would be greatly appreciated
That is a great article of yours. I think many businesses will pursue in this. If there would be businessman that is finding ways in opening ICO or pursuing here in this forum, I'll recommend yours.
phoenixdowndee (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:15:16 PM

Part two is out now.

Very good. I think creating a clear and concise paper wallet is the first step to success. If you can show your users what your coin does in a clear way then they just makes it much easier to understand and start using. Too many coins are too complicated to get into these days and lack a clear instruction.

Thanks, do you mean a white paper? Paper wallets are not that useful for digital currencies Smiley
phoenixdowndee (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:43:48 PM

ICO's are in abundance in the crypto world, every day there are more and more appearing. But what do you need to create a successful ICO? Here is an article on how to get started. Once you understand the processes and concepts behind ICO's, you will be able to tell a good one from a poor one.

https://medium.com/@crowdholding/how-to-create-an-ico-part-1-the-building-blocks-ee1e7a2834b7

Edit

That is a great article of yours. I think many businesses will pursue in this. If there would be businessman that is finding ways in opening ICO or pursuing here in this forum, I'll recommend yours.

Thanks for the response.

I didn't just write it to show how to do it, but also so that people who are interested in investing in ICO's have a clear idea how they should be structured so they can be educated in spotting bad ICO's / scams.
jimsteel

Activity: 244
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:08:04 PM

Really like part 2, it is simple without jargon. I find that with any new industry they just try to create buzzwords.

I like the idea of checking consistently with other ICO's there is nothing wrong with looking at who you are competing with and see what they are doing that's working and isn't
phoenixdowndee (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:39:45 PM

Really like part 2, it is simple without jargon. I find that with any new industry they just try to create buzzwords.

I like the idea of checking consistently with other ICO's there is nothing wrong with looking at who you are competing with and see what they are doing that's working and isn't

Thanks for the feedback, I wanted to make it as easy as possible for someone who has a very basic knowledge of ICO's.
digital_weezer

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:41:42 PM

Liking the second article, well done. How many more parts? Maybe ICO's are not that easy to pull off successfully....
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:56:16 PM

Edit

Thanks for sharing these links man, most specially for the second link. This will surely help a lot of people like me who only know little to nothing about how to find really promising ICOs amd differentiate them from the trashy ones or scam ICOs. I will surely put these knowledge into use and keep it in my notes so i can gain more profits rather than great loses.
handy_hotdog

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:56:51 PM

Liking both 1 and 2, well done but I imagine there is still a few parts to go such as marketing.
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:16:06 PM

This is a very useful thread, but it would be even more useful if it would also list and review some of the big players in the organization of ICOs, like KickIco and similar platforms. Anyone with experience with them?
honeyduckgoose

Activity: 162

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:57:30 PM

Great second article, a lot more hands on and less theory (first one) looking forward to the next one
phoenixdowndee (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:11:24 PM

Liking both 1 and 2, well done but I imagine there is still a few parts to go such as marketing.

Thanks for the kind words, yes you are right

This is a very useful thread, but it would be even more useful if it would also list and review some of the big players in the organization of ICOs, like KickIco and similar platforms. Anyone with experience with them?

I agree, the only thing with reviewing is that it can be too subjective and by the time you have reviewed the big players they have already completed their ICO. I am sure there are some threads that are doing this.

Great second article, a lot more hands on and less theory (first one) looking forward to the next one

Thanks! Yes the first part had to look into the theory before actually creating something.
jimsteel

Activity: 244
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:31:30 AM

Good job on the second article, very easy to understand and lists the format with an example.
cryptowomba

Activity: 234

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:49:18 PM

Strong second article interested for the next one! Keep on going!
theodenanyoh

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 03:02:19 PM

I co-founded a currency exchange platform and blockchain is a key part of our product.
We are interested in exploring raising capital via ICO and I'd love to chat with someone with experience doing this successfully and to serve in a consulting/advisory role if we decide to go that route.

Please send me a message if you'd like to chat some more.
Thank you,
Theo
phoenixdowndee (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:21:09 PM

Good job on the second article, very easy to understand and lists the format with an example.

Thank you for the kind words.

Strong second article interested for the next one! Keep on going!

Thanks next one is out soon.
cryptoadmire

Activity: 160

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:31:09 PM

Good articles man, simple and to the point.

A great starting point for anyone who has no concept of the nuts and bolts of how to create an ICO.

Can't wait for the next part!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: