Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:48:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KnCMiner order/shipment mess and unfairness  (Read 5744 times)
mxmz.in (OP)

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:45:02 PM

How come a company that talks a lot about fairness totally ignores the interests of most their customers?
We, the majority who wasn't lucky to be in the right timezone, now have to pay for the few lucky ones got into 1-500 batch?

It will be our money that should enable the mere production of ASIC devices, yet we will silently step aside to let the few gunshots reap the rewards. That's what KnCMiner call fair.

I called them out with the email to give the exact estimation and placement of my order but didn't hear back. This is probably because KncMiner fair process cant be judged by a random dude from the > 500 order batch.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
suryc

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:01:21 PM

Just to clarify for you, You would have been in the 1-500 batch if you placed a pre-order during an approximately week long period in  April after they first announced their miners (so it has nothing to do with timezone, but you're right you needed to be aware of their existence).

What has happened now, is they are giving 7 days to those people with pre-orders to pay and confirm their spot in the queue. The possible unfairness is that some people placed pre-orders (at no cost) with no intention of every paying for an order and now those people are able to sell their pre-order slots at a premium.

I actually don't think this is unfair, those people had the foresight to place a pre-order and now others want it so they can demand a premium. That is how a free market works.
Full disclosure: I did buy a pre-order slot from someone and have placed an order with knc and I was happy to do it.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:10:08 PM

Also as someone else rightly pointed out in one of the other threads; KnC used those figures pertaining interest to coerce ORSoC on board.

ORSoC wanted to be given an idea numbers of interest before agreeing to partner. Those guys and girls keen then helped KnC secure ORSoC as a partner. KnC were never going to attempt this without ORSoC on board, so there is fairness there.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
suryc

Activity: 298

Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:15:35 PM

Also as someone else rightly pointed out in one of the other threads; KnC used those figures pertaining interest to coerce ORSoC on board.

ORSoC wanted to be given an idea numbers of interest before agreeing to partner. Those guys and girls keen then helped KnC secure ORSoC as a partner. KnC were never going to attempt this without ORSoC on board, so there is fairness there.

Absolutely, you can't get a company like ORSoC to partner with you without demonstrating that there is a demand for the product you are developing and that is exactly what pre-orders do.
I don't know why people are complaining about having to pay now. They accept credit cards via paypal, so if you are really concerned that they won't come through, that is one way to do it with minimal risk.
I'll be very interested to hear the feedback after the open day tomorrow.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
TLS freedom

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:27:57 PM

Yea I signed up for the newsletter on 4/09/2013 thinking ok I registered interest, HAD THEY POSTED "Sign up here to get a place in line" I would have but of course I thought to myself no need they aren't even taking money. ***Face Palm!***  Angry
mxmz.in (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:29:48 PM

It is still not fair when 2000 fund the development of something when 500 lucky ones get the reward.
I didn't pay yet, so did not the majority, so hold on your breath you 500 gunshots, without us your order
number is meaningless.

I give KncMiner 6 days to let me know my order shipment estimated delivery date
r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:35:13 PM

It is still not fair when 2000 fund the development of something when 500 lucky ones get the reward.
I didn't pay yet, so did not the majority, so hold on your breath you 500 gunshots, without us your order
number is meaningless.

I don't get the unfairness part.

You could have reserved your place in april. The reservation list was open for a week.

You can order now and probably be in the first 500 anyway.

p.s. And I'm definitely in the wrong timezone.
Malawi

Activity: 224

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:35:40 PM

Yea I signed up for the newsletter on 4/09/2013 thinking ok I registered interest, HAD THEY POSTED "Sign up here to get a place in line" I would have but of course I thought to myself no need they aren't even taking money. ***Face Palm!***  Angry

Same here :-)

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
mxmz.in (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:37:40 PM

number is meaningless.

You could have reserved your place in april. The reservation list was open for a week.

I registered in April on the site and for the newsletter, there was no word I should've taken the queue.
Now they need to deal with their incompetence somehow, it's no good when thousands of suckers make 500 random dudes rich.

Remember, without us your 500 spots are nothing
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:39:15 PM

number is meaningless.

I registered in April on the site and for the newsletter, there was no word I should take the queue.
Now they need to deal with their incompetence somehow, it's no good when thousands of suckers make 500 random dudes rich.

Random dudes that helped them secure a shit-hot FPGA/ASIC design house?! Bastards...

r3animation

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:42:17 PM

number is meaningless.

I registered in April on the site and for the newsletter, there was no word I should've taken the queue.

You do know the 500 are also paying customers right?
mxmz.in (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:45:59 PM

number is meaningless.

That's one way of going further - they do it like Avalon and only take money for the number of devices they gonna ship.
Then do the next batch. I'm sure for the next batch the price will be lower because of the competition.
I'm not paying till they clarify my shipment date.
r3animation

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:51:27 PM

number is meaningless.

That's one way of going further - they do it like Avalon and only take money for the number of devices they gonna ship.
Then do the next batch. I'm sure for the next batch the price will be lower because of the competition.

So at the end of it, you're saying it's unfair that you didn't get into the first 500 orders?

What happens if you order now and get #501?

And why do you keep mentioning 2000 to fund the development and 500 lucky ones getting the rewards? According to the order page, all products will be delivered in september.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:52:45 PM

Okay, I'm hitting the hay;
--
Ok Daggeteo, just emailed me this. So anyone with any questions and concerns that want them asked tomorrow;

PM him before 11am GMT+1!!!

Make these Q's that concern everyone, or groups of people from particular countries, etc., not personal beef about every individual order...

It's the best chance of clearing up whatever you're not happy about, confused or concerned about with them in person.

i.e. Why can't we purchase as consumers? Why do we have to confirm we are a business?

Enjoy...!

Re: Open Day Group PM
« Sent to: Bitcoinorama on: Today at 08:28:29 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
Quote  Reply  Delete  
Received  I'll add these to the list and ask them if there is enough time.

Many thanks for compiling these last ones. I haven't had the time to go through the thread these past two days in search of new Qs so I appreciate that you did! I'll be leaving prior to noonish so if there are any other Qs you wish to add please PM 11 am the latest.

Again, thanks!

AND DON'T FORGET TO THANK HIM!!!

mxmz.in (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:58:15 PM

number is meaningless.

So at the end of it, you're saying it's unfair that you didn't get into the first 500 orders?

And why do you keep mentioning 2000 to fund the development and 500 lucky ones getting the rewards? According to the order page, all products will be delivered in september.

1) They didn't make it clear that we needed to order Mars and have the queue number
2) They didn't say we will need to pay the whole price
3) They use the money of the majority to place abig order and lower the cost
4) The rewards go to the first 500
5) I even don't know my estimated delivery date - they don't reply to my emails
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:00:15 AM

number is meaningless.

1) They didn't make it clear that we needed to order Mars and have the queue number

No, other than payment date, everything there's been pretty much common knowledge for weeks. You've just in one post demonstrated you haven't paid any attention, or followed at all.

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:01:23 AM

so much waaaaa waaaaa on these forums

yes I am a lucky 1-500 and I feel like I walk on top of the backs of the poor 501-2000 with no shame or guilt..

I am elite and deserve my place in queue

row faster peon to get me to my island of paradise

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
mxmz.in (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:03:50 AM

number is meaningless.

No, other than payment date, everything there's been pretty much common knowledge for weeks. You've just in one post demonstrated you haven't paid any attention, or followed at all.

I didn't have the time to sit on the forum days long, I subscribed to the email and there was no info that you call common now.
Anyhow, common or not, if the majority doesn't pay the 500 gunshots won't have that much of a sweet deal.
And I'm from the majority not paying till kncminer clarify > 500 shipment dates.
wowc8

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:04:25 AM

You didn't need to order a Mars to get into the first 500 Jupiters.  I was able to place two pre-orders, both within the first 500, and I didn't place any order for a Mars unit.

WDC: WbKQxmmJJTxTi9kFQ8JSDX4aAui1V6kN9H BTC: 13EosxXnBbkjfWrH85APkWp4RFLHiu9qys
mxmz.in (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:07:19 AM

You didn't need to order a Mars to get into the first 500 Jupiters.  I was able to place two pre-orders, both within the first 500, and I didn't place any order for a Mars unit.

I'm totally happy for you bro. Kncminer messed it up and what I'm asking is that they clarify > 500 shipment dates as I'm not gonna wait ages while 500 gunshots reap the smoke out of their ASICs built with my money
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: