Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:34:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should you sell altcoins before the fork?  (Read 3267 times)
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:11:11 PM

The coming fork at the end of this month is definitely the main factor that pushes the price of bitcoin. Bitcoin holders should be happy, but many people who hold and invested in altcoins are panicly selling their altcoins for bitcoins to be prepared for Bitcoin Gold and Segwit2x.
The fact is, in some cases, users sell altcoins, despite the fact that some of them are extremely undervalued, and in a couple of days to buy them back at a reduced rate. That is, at the moment, the rising price of Bitcoin prevents the growth of altcoins.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:07:36 PM

Hi guys,
in your opinion, it's time to buy or sell this sh*tcoins?  Huh

If you got profits already then that is fine, if you have losses and bought during the altcoin bubble of this year then you need to hold, I know that is difficult to look at bitcoin and not have enough of it but you are only going to confirm your losses by selling so if I were I would not sell until I got profits, sometimes you are going to be on the right side of the market and sometimes you are going to be in the wrong side we just need to deal with it.
mustafayasinsenturk

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:42:09 PM

it is too early to sell or buy altcoin, mate
I expect the waves to come to around $ 2. We should be patient
TonixGaming_14

Activity: 329

AGATE

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:19:51 PM

I assume you try to buy into good projects, that you have some kind of faith in.
You buy them because you think they will be a good investment.

A good project will still be a good project whether btc forks or not, why would you sell?

Agreed. If you do not like the investment idea behind an altcoin, you should not invest in the first place.

Take a step back and consider if the fork will really impact your altcoin's valuation, and even if so, how long will it be affected? Bearing in mind that many coins have bounced back well after an initial setback.

If the fork is came in Nov the price will affected but it depend if BTC only is dump , how long will affected by the hard on Nov it cause the price to down. Or it will guide to pump twice as the normal price. But will sell my altcoin if the price is stable.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Saifher

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:53:05 PM

Great time to buy at the moment, but you have to pick good coins as those are more likely to recover first once the flood gates are opened (or you can pick some random pump and dump coins and hope to get lucky Tongue)

simrac

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:25:27 PM

I think same happen as august segwit,   with bitcoin cash 's price $1000 first exchange and now bitcoin cash just  $300 .

The bitcoin price always rising up  every fork , next time with show up bitcoin gold not exception.

Hold bitcoin is only option.
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:40:49 PM

Hi guys,

If it is shit coins, better to dump it or you will lose more October 25 is still more than a week so it means there are more dumps to come. better to cut the lose or lose it all.
Densitymax

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:37:39 PM

Hi guys,

If it is shit coins, better to dump it or you will lose more October 25 is still more than a week so it means there are more dumps to come. better to cut the lose or lose it all.

What is the point of selling and losing more than 75% of the asset price to get + 5% to your bitcoins? It seems to me that the reason for this market movement is that most market participants do not know how to count.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀▀  ▄▄  ▀▀▄▄
 ▄▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄  ▀▀▄▄
█  ▄▄▀▀          ▀▀▄▄  █
█ █   ██▄▄     ▄██   █ █
█ █   ▄ ▀▀█▄▄ ▀▀██   █ █
█ █   ███▄ ▀▀██ ██   █ █
█ █   ██      ▀ ██   █ █
█ █   ██        ██   █ █
█  ▀▀▄▄          ▄▄▀▀  █
 ▀▀▄▄  ▀▀▄▄  ▄▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄  ▀▀  ▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▄▄▀▀
Modex              
SMART CONTRACT MARKETPLACE
██▄▄
████  ██▄▄
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

▀▀██  ████

▀▀██
TWITTER          LINKEDIN          SLACK
▬▬▬▬▬    FACEBOOK          TELEGRAM    ▬▬▬▬▬
DEVELOP  ●  DISTRIBUTE  ●  DEPLOY
██▄▄
████  ██▄▄
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

▀▀██  ████

▀▀██
██▄▄
████  ██▄▄
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

▀▀██  ████

▀▀██
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:35:16 AM

Hi guys,

Why would you even sell your altcoins when in fact, the forking will not affect these altcoins? Bitcoin forking will only be within the BTC network, and altcoins will remain the same, unless people will really sell theirs. Once the altcoin holders sell their altcoins and invested the money to bitcoin, then the possibility will be that altcoin prices will drop and BTC will rise up (just like what's happening now with LTC). But then, there's nothing to worry about your altcoins with the coming of BTC forking.
Tungsten-1

Merit: 256

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:03:47 PM

In my opinion I sould sell most of Altcoin before fork.
Cuz now most of peaople bey Bitcoin for getting new Bitcoinforkcoin.
It is really a good idea to sell out altcoins before the new fork but if someone has any hesitation in doing this, he can save 25% to 35% of his altcoins so that he will not loss everything. It is not like I am saying that bitcoin will not make a progress, it definitely will and when that happens, keeping altcoins will become a regret. Now is the time to invest in bitcoin and get huge profits within two months.
yorklab

Activity: 223
Merit: 105

Utrum OOT

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:36:08 PM

If bitcoin has another run in the next few days the Alts could get hit again. Combine that with the fact that many might sell their Alts a few days before the Bitcoin fork so the Alts may go lower again. It will be tricky to play the Alts over the next month and a half.

★   utrum   ★   Your Crypto Playbook   ★   Got an opinion? Get paid for it!   ★
●  ●  WHITE PAPER   |   EXCHANGES   |   ANN THREAD  ●  ●
TWITTER   ▬   FACEBOOK   ▬   LINKEDIN   ▬   GITHUB   ▬   YOUTUBE
gulshan1

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 05:15:01 PM

Last time at the time of segwit,all people were buying the altcoin and there was a fear in the market that bitcoin will fall down.but every things happened opposite of thinking of every person. and big investor bought bitcoin and earned bitcoin cash coin and sold at high rate. but no body can say that now is good time to sell the altcoin.according to me we should not sell our altcoin at this time because big investor always play game against the small investor thinking. they create the environment to sell the altcoin by the social media and another ad gate way and people don't think like big investor.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
johnstexas

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:21:24 PM

I just sold a few my altcoin because I'm not sure about what happen after fork.
and I think price altcoin will increase back after fork.

Why sell now if you think price will bounce back after the fork?
Rebellious

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:42:43 PM

I think it's too late, now it's about holding and watching people flowing back in alts
abcd7

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:50:56 PM

only God knows so try to make your prayer every night Smiley)) make good research  and take your decision
bohr

Merit: 257

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:29:57 PM

There will be a lot of people selling their alts in order to get the most of the bitcoin gold fork so it might be the best time to buy those alts that you were holding off on so when people get their gold and dump it and come back to their alts you can make a little bit of profit, maybe,
With alts so cheap and another two forks coming it seems alts are going to suffer once again to maintain their prices, after the two forks I think that is the perfect opportunity to get some alts, the market of alts is very bearish but that cannot last forever and I think it is going to reignite once again in 2018, to me this looks like an easy way to make some profits without taking too many risks.
explosive

Activity: 224

FantasyGold!!

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 04:47:27 PM

Right now is absolutely a great time to buy alts.. The thing is everyone is pulling out of everything to get there bitcoingold. In reality the ppl who instead of saving BTC for bitcoingold put there money into solid alts well they are being dumped on will make way more money then they would have on bitcoingold because after the fork is over everyone will go back to those same alts and profits will be massive for anyone who bought in. Just my opinion.
ASHLIUSZ

Merit: 502

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:10:51 PM

It's upto the users self interest, because the user himself needs to know his necessity and decide accordingly. At present looking the price pumping of bitcoin several users have moved their altcoin holdings towards bitcoin. Maybe the reverse process might happen if something worse happens by the November fork.
Rebellious

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:15:24 PM

I am definitely buying more altcoins as their price drops, because i'm convinced they will rise back up after the fork
HARRYscotter

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:56:58 PM

On the contrary. If you take a look at the charts and see the correlation between the Bitcoin rallys and altcoin dips you would say this is the right time to buy altcoins because sooner or later bitcoin will adjust (probably after fork) and atcoins will come back again. Obviously nobody in this forum is in position to say what will really happen, but altcoin comeback, IMO, is the most logical thing that will happen after the fork.

Many people selling at a loss their altcoins this days and this is the worst one can do, because most will probably be back buying them at jhigher prices when bitcoin adjusts and alts shine again.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: