Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:40:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Needing help starting out mining  (Read 483 times)
JmanS (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:08:46 AM

Hello Bitcoin Talk

I have been trading bitcoin and cryptocurrencies for about 18 months now and I have loved the rides and benefits from crypto. I have now decided that I want to invest in certain coins and spend time learning about mining and mining some coins.

I apologize for my terminology now. In terms of the mining rig, where do I start? I understand that you need X amount of GPU's all connected together and then a computer, raspberry PI or something along the lines to get connected to the pools etc.

What GPU's are best for mining?
How many GPU's would I need to create a high enough Hash rate for a passive income?
How do you find the best pools?
What software is best for mining?
What coin/coins are best for mining now? and how do you work out which coin would be more profitable?

Pretty much everything you guys can help me with would be awesome. I understand that I am asking for a lot but I would love to get involved with the mining world and I can't think of where better to find that answer than here with the pros!

Thanks
I have something like this in mind
http://www.coinminingrigs.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/6-gpu-ethereum-mining-rig-running-amd-rx-480-gpus.png

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:21:44 AM

Above mentioned site covers most of your questions.
I will only add few things
 - as a beginner you can use nicehash mining software because it's easy to use (no need to setup and tune in).
 - best pool is matter of opinion. I personaly used suprnova
 - check youtube, there is lot of useful guides including required componets (risers, dummy plugs ...), specific issues you can face and other hints

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:36:46 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2017, 08:38:13 AM by btct22

Before you buy lots of gear, you should check out Masternode coins as well.  No need to buy any gear or spend lots of money on power + passive income is possible with a long term view.  Have a google and read up about what they are and how they work.  Masternode coins are where it's at.  They're not fast, but passive income is possible with a long term holding view.  Have a google and read up about what they are and how they work.  You can holding the base collateral coins for many years.

And in the mean time, you can skim free crypto coins off the top and either re-invest or spend them without worrying that you won't have any more.   With masternoding and staking, you have a cup that re-fills, slowly but surely.. and so far this is working out well in the months since I've discovered these coins.  Dash got me interested but it was too expensive, then PIVX.   And my old mining gear is in the garage waiting for a museum to open that will want them Smiley
rodney2250

Activity: 177
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:58:51 AM

I found that this is one of the best articles to get started.
http://www.cryptobadger.com/2017/04/build-ethereum-mining-rig-hardware/
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:50:26 AM

Hello Bitcoin Talk

I have been trading bitcoin and cryptocurrencies for about 18 months now and I have loved the rides and benefits from crypto. I have now decided that I want to invest in certain coins and spend time learning about mining and mining some coins.

I apologize for my terminology now. In terms of the mining rig, where do I start? I understand that you need X amount of GPU's all connected together and then a computer, raspberry PI or something along the lines to get connected to the pools etc.

How many GPU's would I need to create a high enough Hash rate for a passive income?
What coin/coins are best for mining now? and how do you work out which coin would be more profitable?

Pretty much everything you guys can help me with would be awesome. I understand that I am asking for a lot but I would love to get involved with the mining world and I can't think of where better to find that answer than here with the pros!

Thanks

The best cards for mining from AMD until now are the RX 570/580 series, they have improved clock speeds over RX470/480 series. However I would suggest you wait until late October ,early November where NVIDIA have promised us the GTX 1070 ti and it will be with same capability as GTX 1080 but with at least 12% cheaper in price. I would build a mining machine only with RX 580 right now or GTX 1070 ti when it comes up.

What you in mind is perfect in the sense that you can just put RX 580 in place of the RX 480 and start your mining operation. Keep in mind though that you need about 1 year or 1 year and a month to ROI.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Sev18

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:32:59 AM

Buy a mining rig with 6 RX580s and mine ethereum.

■■■■■■■  Multi-Algo Switching Manager - MULTIPOOL MULTIALGO Profit Switch Launcher  ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■             https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2041971             ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■                           Download Now!                           ■■■■■■■
yerfei

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:01:36 AM

Hello Bitcoin Talk

Thanks

Start with Nicehash or Winminer
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2004875.0

JmanS (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:25:14 AM

Some great replies guys thanks! I am going to go a little research on the specific GPU's above and to see when the new GTX is released because by sounds of it waiting for that to release might be the way forward.
In terms of what to mine, I still have to make a decision between ETH, PIVX or the 100s of other coins. I am in the process of downloading WinMiner now so I will get back to you soon.

Thanks again
JmanS (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:26:45 AM

So there is an Etherium mining rig here already set up https://www.for-sale.ie/bitcoin-mining the second one down. is this worth 1899 Euros? or could I build better for the same kind of money?
saleenasmith

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:24:53 AM

Starting mining can at first thought seem to be a daunting process if you are entirely new to the industry, and if you do have some experience you may have an idea of what you want but require some expertise and guidance from people who are willing to share their experience and knowledge to help you advance. Here we have developed a general guide when it comes to starting mining, specifically for the small scale entrepreneur. This article is targeted at the upper oxide near surface occurences, alluvial (surface level) or elluvial deposits that would be amenable to free dig.
JamesAdams

Activity: 66

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 09:39:07 AM

Do note that it is rather tough stuffing many GPUs into a rig without any software/hardware issues. Some motherboards/drivers/os are known to be buggy and not display the correct/all of the GPUs in the rig. That said the RX400/500 series from AMD are great at Eth mining while the Nvidia GTX 1000+ series are the best at Equihash (ZCash, Zencash, etc)

WORDCOIN
It's never late to buy BTC for $1
Services-backed cryptocurrency of 1 trillion dollars market
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

I recommend the RX 580 4 GB Pulse. Its characteristics are the same as Sapphire but they are faster and runs cooler. My Sapphire has a speed of 29 Mh/s ETH at the same temperature of 59 degrees Celsius. Pulse has a speed of 30 Mh/s ETH the temperature of 47 degrees. Electricity consumption at the Pulse is also 15-20% less than Sapphire.
InkPink

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:42:53 AM

Before you buy lots of gear, you should check out Masternode coins as well.  No need to buy any gear or spend lots of money on power + passive income is possible with a long term view.  Have a google and read up about what they are and how they work.  Masternode coins are where it's at.  They're not fast, but passive income is possible with a long term holding view.  Have a google and read up about what they are and how they work.  You can holding the base collateral coins for many years.

And in the mean time, you can skim free crypto coins off the top and either re-invest or spend them without worrying that you won't have any more.   With masternoding and staking, you have a cup that re-fills, slowly but surely.. and so far this is working out well in the months since I've discovered these coins.  Dash got me interested but it was too expensive, then PIVX.   And my old mining gear is in the garage waiting for a museum to open that will want them Smiley

Thanks for this advice sir. I will check on masternode coins before starting out mining. I am also planning kase.  Smiley
DibiaVxosis

Activity: 187

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:43:27 AM

I found that this is one of the best articles to get started.
http://www.cryptobadger.com/2017/04/build-ethereum-mining-rig-hardware/
I think this articles is old. Today hashrate have increase a lot. We need news solution if we want profit.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: