Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:45:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Review - Cryptocurrency Analysis  (Read 21418 times)
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:05:02 PM

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Hello.

Maybe you could make an external web page or blog
and put just preview (short description) in the OP for each coin
and then link it to this web page.

What do you think?

The list has been moved off of the forums to: http://www.cryptoreview.net

I also "re-branded" it as more of a general cryptocurrency review site, rather than only reviewing innovative coins. Let me know what you think of the new website- any suggestions are welcome!

If you would like to you can still keep an eye on this thread, because I will post here every time I add a cryptocurrency or make a blog post to serve as notification of some sort. I think this will be a good way to receive feedback as well.

If you would rather contact me through the website then there is a contact page where you can submit a cryptocurrency for review, let me know your opinion on a blog post or cryptocurrency analysis, or notify me of a factual error on this website. This goes straight to my email, so it is the quickest way to get a hold of me.

Hello.

Is simple and nice I have bookmarked it.
The only thing that I found strange was that the menu is on the bottom and not
on the top which took me some time (few visits on the page) to get used to it.

Another thing that I noticed is the contact form labels are wrapped  "Word Verification:"
 does not fit in one line like there is no enough space.
Is related to firefox on linux and in chromium I don't have the same issue.

The rest is fine Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:02:46 PM

Hello.

Is simple and nice I have bookmarked it.
The only thing that I found strange was that the menu is on the bottom and not
on the top which took me some time (few visits on the page) to get used to it.

Another thing that I noticed is the contact form labels are wrapped  "Word Verification:"
 does not fit in one line like there is no enough space.
Is related to firefox on linux and in chromium I don't have the same issue.

The rest is fine Wink

Thanks for the feedback! I can see how having the navigation bar at the bottom could be confusing. I'll try to figure out how to get it on the top.. If not I can just change themes.

I noticed that about the form too.. On my browsers (iPad and chrome) it looks OK now. When I first made it the message field name was doing the same, so I guess I can probably do the same by shortening "word verification" to "captcha" or something similar.

Anyways, thanks for your opinion I will change those things. Smiley
lovely89

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:59:37 AM

I'm not sure why eMunie was removed. There latested teaser and soon to be beta is really packed and is looking at a marketplace, turing complete scripting language, decentralized exchange and web browsing just to name a few features. It's hugely innovative and i think it will sit uo there with bitshares x, nubits and nxt for innovation.

Also, i don't see skycoin there yet and I'm guessing you're waiting for more information regarding nubits/peershares?

I removed eMunie last week because there had been no updates in something like 6 months and when I visited their forums it was dead. Fuserleer reappeared from the dead today and posted an update. I mentioned it a couple posts up, but I will be adding it back to the list.

I grouped Peershares in with Peercoin since it's built on top of it and I gave a link to their page and mentioned it in the description/opinion.

Never heard of Skycoin or Nubits, I will look into them. EDIT: I will add Skycoin, but there isn't much information on Nubits yet.. I'm going to hold off on that one.

BTW- to everyone. I made a lot of edits and updates to the OP earlier today.

I'm hoping you've been reading up on nubits and nushares. Smiley

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:07:01 AM

Yep I get the idea of it and think it is innovative, but I'm still letting it soak in before forming an opinion. It's similarity to the Feds kind of irks me in the wrong way right off the bat, but if it works as planned I think I could get over that... I mean.. I still use US dollars. Smiley

The real experiment with Nubits/Nushares is if the value of FIAT (or in Nubits case, quasi FIAT) can be maintained without the use of laws, regulation, and force. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I haven't had much time to update the website, but hopefully I can soon. I will be adding Nubits/Nushares.

Correct me if I am wrong, but NuBits works much the same as the Federal Reserve and the U.S. Dollar, except in a decentralized manner, with Nushares holders taking the place of the Feds. Just like FIAT, Nubits are not backed by collateral.

It sets interest rates to control the demand of Nubits, so when the demand is low it increases interest rates to prevent the price going under a dollar. When demand is high it prints Nubits to prevent the price going over a dollar. Market makers are used to hold the value of Nubits at one dollar  in the short term and provide liquidity, with the interest rate adjustments and printing Nubits holding the peg in the long term.
lovely89

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:54:22 AM

Yep I get the idea of it and think it is innovative, but I'm still letting it soak in before forming an opinion. It's similarity to the Feds kind of irks me in the wrong way right off the bat, but if it works as planned I think I could get over that... I mean.. I still use US dollars. Smiley

The real experiment with Nubits/Nushares is if the value of FIAT (or in Nubits case, quasi FIAT) can be maintained without the use of laws, regulation, and force. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I haven't had much time to update the website, but hopefully I can soon. I will be adding Nubits/Nushares.

Correct me if I am wrong, but NuBits works much the same as the Federal Reserve and the U.S. Dollar, except in a decentralized manner, with Nushares holders taking the place of the Feds. Just like FIAT, Nubits are not backed by collateral.

It sets interest rates to control the demand of Nubits, so when the demand is low it increases interest rates to prevent the price going under a dollar. When demand is high it prints Nubits to prevent the price going over a dollar. Market makers are used to hold the value of Nubits at one dollar  in the short term and provide liquidity, with the interest rate adjustments and printing Nubits holding the peg in the long term.

I think a transparent decentralised distributed (eventually autonmous) flexible voluntary cryptographic and digitalised fed literally controlled by the people in the economy using the 'money' is a great technology.

I have a vision of the eMunie system storing its 'usd' in nubits to avoid any trust regarding handling fiat.

freigeist

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:33:01 AM

Hello
Hmmm Where? Do you have any links to this?
Can you post it here or send in PM.

Thanks.

lovely89

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 10:35:25 AM

Hello
Hmmm Where? Do you have any links to this?
Can you post it here or send in PM.

Thanks.

You can find specifics or ask questions here:
http://discuss.nubits.com/

But the whitepaper gives the best overall description:
https://nubits.com/about/white-paper

freigeist

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:47:50 PM

Thanks.
I went there to read about it.
The concept is nice pity that is totally centralized like the FEDs
It says you need to have nushares to be able to create new nubits or to
park existing nubits in exchange to get interest but the this interest is payed in peercoins.
The nushres seems to be distributed among a close circle of people which are in control
of the currency.

I haven't found any info on how and where distribution of nushares was held. :-/
so I'm skeptical about this coin.

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:35:53 PM

Thanks.
park existing nubits in exchange to get interest but the this interest is payed in peercoins.
The nushres seems to be distributed among a close circle of people which are in control
of the currency.

I haven't found any info on how and where distribution of nushares was held. :-/

This is another thing that rubs me the wrong way, it was funded by private investors and there was no way for the average person to invest in the project. I'm not sure when anyone that wants to will be able to buy Nushares, I think you can only buy Nubits right now.
lovely89

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:04:32 AM

Thanks.
of the currency.

This is another thing that rubs me the wrong way, it was funded by private investors and there was no way for the average person to invest in the project. I'm not sure when anyone that wants to will be able to buy Nushares, I think you can only buy Nubits right now.

That is right. That's something I am a little annoyed about. I think it's something like 70% of 1 billion being actually sold at a cheaper price to people who have largely contributed to the project financially. I think it was like a minimum of 100k during this year.

So everyone with the money and who were prepared to take the risk could have essentially donated that much money to get this privilege. More people who contributed in other ways are second to get an opportunity.  Next 30% will be available in time for the others who sole interest will be financial and don't have anything 'at stake'.

About the centralization thing, I completely disagree. Consensus is required for the custodians to perform actions. It will be possible one day for the custodians to be completely autonmous too. Remove the small trust aspect which is what I hate right now.

I do agree though that it is like the fed, which imho isnt a bad thing. There is a reason the fed exists...

I think a transparent decentralised distributed (eventually autonmous) flexible voluntary cryptographic and digitalised fed literally controlled by the people in the economy using the 'money' is a great technology.

Milton Friedman is also a nobel prize economist who believes that the fed can be controlled by a computer.

You don't need nushares to create nubits, you need to be elected.
You don't need nushares to park nubits, the custodians will set the interest rates based on the consensus of the shareholders but anyone can park their Nubits.
Also, this interest is actually paid in nubits, the dividends for shareholders are paid in peercoins to the list of shareholder peercoin addresses which I think exists in the nushares blockchain.?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: