Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:29:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Review - Cryptocurrency Analysis  (Read 21418 times)
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:10:54 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 06:41:31 AM by CoinHoarder

I ran out of space in this post. Angry

The list has been moved off of the forums to: http://www.cryptoreview.net

I also "re-branded" it as more of a general cryptocurrency review site, rather than only reviewing innovative coins. Let me know what you think of the new website- any suggestions are welcome!

If you would like to you can still keep an eye on this thread, because I will post here every time I add a cryptocurrency or make a blog post to serve as notification of some sort. I think this will be a good way to receive feedback as well.

If you would rather contact me through the website then there is a contact page where you can submit a cryptocurrency for review, let me know your opinion on a blog post or cryptocurrency analysis, or notify me of a factual error on this website. This goes straight to my email, so it is the quickest way to get a hold of me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:08:10 PM

Finally, Netcoin plans to give the user base eventual control of the money supply through a built in voting system.

Interesting, is there a way to know when new coins will be released?

how would this voting be beneficial for netcoin?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
bybitcoin

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 12:38:58 AM

Nice work, do carry on Smiley
GSnak

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 12:39:51 AM

This subforum has become quite the clusterfuck with all the copy and paste coins being released.

I'm glad that's changed.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 12:20:41 PM

I've been looking for a while for an innovative crypto list.
Thanks.
bybitcoin

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 12:26:57 PM

CoinHoarder, may you have a look into "Mini-Blockchain Project" and "eMunie" as well to make a review about.
They both seem innovative, don't want to impose anything here, but you may have a look..
(or if you have looked already, give us an opinion)  Wink
Etlase2

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:27:50 AM

Decrits might interest you, see sig

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:40:03 AM

Decrits might interest you, see sig

I agree, this is one of the ones i've been waiting on. primecoin was cool, a novel concept, but this is the one i've been waiting for. After reading about MC2, i have to say i'm interested in that as well, if only to see how they manage to accomplish merging so many concepts. Zerocoin, i haven't decided on. Anonymity never interested me much anyway.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
tacotime
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:18:58 PM

Thanks for the shoutout.  Netcoin has adjusted PoW slightly (to make it easier to implement and get it out faster); this will be in the forthcoming version of the whitepaper, and the general algorithm is on the wiki.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:58:45 PM

Thanks for the shoutout.  Netcoin has adjusted PoW slightly (to make it easier to implement and get it out faster); this will be in the forthcoming version of the whitepaper, and the general algorithm is on the wiki.

Netcoin is the best! I have a feeling about this, and i really appreciate taco's work and point of view.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
hathmill

Activity: 186

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:06:42 PM

Nice thread! Have u been able to find a coin that has proof of burn (or some variation of it)(preferably in combo with zerocoin).
datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:09:26 PM

Nice thread! Hopefully it gets pinned.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
heatgsm

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:19:19 PM

Thanks a lot for this...much appreciated  Cheesy . Do keep the good work  - respect.
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:54:56 PM

R u promoting those coins with this thread?

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
bybitcoin

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:00:39 PM

No he isn't, this was a very stable calm thread, I suggested him to look into two more innovative coins, and then usual btctalk trolls bumped in!
I apologize him if my post was the cause of this trolls activation  Sad
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:25:06 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 10:19:24 PM by CoinHoarder

Sorry I haven't update this in a while. I have honestly been quite busy. There is another coin I'd like to add to the list- Decrits. But honestly it's taking me a while to wrap my head around it to summarize it, again because I don't have a lot of time. I will look into the other projects you guys mentioned. I honestly did not realize anyone ever responded to this thread. When I first posted it nobody posted for like 6 days and I kind of wrote it off. I'm happy to see there are some like minded individuals among the sea of ALTcoiners.

This evening I did notice that progress has been made on GitHub with the ZeroCoin project (I updated the OP).
I am not sure of the status of NetCoin. I promise to spend more time on this thread in the near future and add new projects.

Cheers,

CH
bybitcoin

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 03:24:31 AM

Here I would like to introduce another innovative trend that looks very promising: MasterCoin
and you should not confuse it with a newly launched (like the other typical) alt-coin. The original Mastercoin I am speaking about is not a new altcoin but rather a protocol layer on top of bitcoin (like how HTTP runs on top of TCP/IP). The coins of the new layer have:
•   Additional security features to make your money much harder to steal
•   Built-in support for distributed betting (no need to trust a website to coordinate bets)
•   Capability to hold a stable user-defined value, such as an ounce of gold or U.S. Dollar, with no need to trust a person promising to back up that value.
The advice is that have a look in their main thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265488.0 to know more about it, because it looks very promising and seems that getting in early has a lot of advantages too.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 03:46:46 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2013, 05:06:46 AM by CoinHoarder

Here I would like to introduce another innovative trend that looks very promising: MasterCoin
and you should not confuse it with a newly launched (like the other typical) alt-coin. The original Mastercoin I am speaking about is not a new altcoin but rather a protocol layer on top of bitcoin (like how HTTP runs on top of TCP/IP). The coins of the new layer have:
•   Additional security features to make your money much harder to steal
•   Built-in support for distributed betting (no need to trust a website to coordinate bets)
•   Capability to hold a stable user-defined value, such as an ounce of gold or U.S. Dollar, with no need to trust a person promising to back up that value.
The advice is that have a look in their main thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265488.0 to know more about it, because it looks very promising and seems that getting in early has a lot of advantages too.
I actually saw that the other week and thought it was a really awesome idea! I will definitely add it.

I'm going to spend some time updating the OP tonight. I'm going through all suggestions and will try to add them... it's probably going to take a while though.

So far I just added a link to NetCoin's new website, and also updated the link to a new revision to their white paper (v0.031.)
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 05:08:15 AM

Ok, I'm done updating this for the night. I will add others some other time. Smiley

Changelog:
- This is no longer investment advice. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.
- Switched the list to alphabetical order so there's less implied or assumed bias.
- Changed thread title from Innovative Currencies In Development to Innovative Currencies (since I added a couple that have already launched.)
- Updated NetCoin. Added a link to NetCoin's new website, forums, and a new revision to the white paper (v0.031), removed the MC2 in the name as it seems the term NetCoin has stuck.
- Added Decrits
- Added eMunie
- Added MasterCoin
- Added The Mini-Blockchain Project
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 08:22:36 PM

Hey you added us Smiley

Little update that might be of interest, we aren't launched yet.  June WAS the plan, but we then took a long hard look at where we were going and decided it wasn't good enough, so we changed things up quite a lot.  Current target is "sometime" in September - TBA

Your blurb though still summarizes the main points well despite the new additions (and many firsts) of:

Encrypted transactions with additional anonymity functions which make it tougher than BTC and cheaper than Zerocoin.
Encrypted messaging system built in.
First (I believe) P2P decentralized exchange
Self regulating supply determined by demand signals in the system which can NOT be influenced externally
POS interest (used to balance inflationary supply adjustments deemed necessary by the above)

Tons more new cool stuff, but they are the main USP's

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 11:34:15 PM

Hey you added us Smiley

Little update that might be of interest, we aren't launched yet.  June WAS the plan, but we then took a long hard look at where we were going and decided it wasn't good enough, so we changed things up quite a lot.  Current target is "sometime" in September - TBA

Your blurb though still summarizes the main points well despite the new additions (and many firsts) of:

Encrypted transactions with additional anonymity functions which make it tougher than BTC and cheaper than Zerocoin.
Encrypted messaging system built in.
First (I believe) P2P decentralized exchange
Self regulating supply determined by demand signals in the system which can NOT be influenced externally
POS interest (used to balance inflationary supply adjustments deemed necessary by the above)

Tons more new cool stuff, but they are the main USP's

Thanks for the info,

I will fix it.  Smiley
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 01:36:46 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2013, 10:20:49 PM by CoinHoarder

Changelog:
- General formatting changes.
- Fixed eMunie info & added new features at the end of the description.
- Added Primecoin

Are there any other coins I should consider for the list? I must admit I haven't had as much time lately to read this subforum as often as I have in the past.
bybitcoin

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:21:16 AM

Nxt :: descendant of Bitcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.0
Nxt uses brand new software, it’s not a fork of Bitcoin source code.  Nxt improves different features of Bitcoin, removes some disadvantages (e.g. bloated blockchain) and resolves a big environmental issue. Mining is 100% proof-of-stake, Coins are earned solely by charging transaction fees.
Time between blocks is one minute. Also the colored coin feature for decentralized security exchange purpose will be natively coded and available in Nxt from the day one!
It has the plan to be launched at the 5th anniversary birthday of bitcoin in upcoming January.
PS: just here to introduce another, as I did it for other interesting new altcoins in progress before. Use your own brain to decide whether to participate or not.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:26:53 AM

Nxt uses brand new software, it’s not a fork of Bitcoin source code.  Nxt improves different features of Bitcoin, removes some disadvantages (e.g. bloated blockchain) and resolves a big environmental issue. Mining is 100% proof-of-stake, Coins are earned solely by charging transaction fees.
Time between blocks is one minute. Also the colored coin feature for decentralized security exchange purpose will be natively coded and available in Nxt from the day one!
It has the plan to be launched at the 5th anniversary birthday of bitcoin in upcoming January.
PS: just here to introduce another, as I did it for other interesting new altcoins in progress before. Use your own brain to decide whether to participate or not.

Thanks for the heads up. I agree Nxt seems like an ambitious ALT coin project, definitely innovative. I will add it to the list when I have time. Smiley
bytemaster

Activity: 770
Merit: 566

fractally

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 01:33:56 AM

Where is BitShares on your list?   

https://fractally.com - the next generation of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
snailbrain
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:38:05 AM

Huntercoin and Chronokings  Kiss

bybitcoin

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:58:27 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 07:13:39 PM by bybitcoin

Where is BitShares on your list?  
Bitshares is an obvious ponzi scheme!
The way you try to bump the speculative price of your recently released routine POW coin Protoshares and advertising its potential value, since it will be replaced with a 1:1 ratio by the yet to come after six months bitshares (let's put aside all other serious economic debates on how you are going to pay certain dividends for bitshares disregard the market condition while you also promise BTC=Bitshare too) is a very obvious example of a ponzi..
2M protoshares now under mining and bumping will be just 20% supply of the total 10M bitshares that is yet to come by your decision and in the way you choose them to come in future. Even a kid can see what is going on here, yet greed blinds people, that is a fact of human life!
Financisto

Activity: 632
Merit: 768

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 02:59:04 AM

Greetings!

Finally that's a useful list. It filters those infinite useless clone coins out there.

Keep it up to date and carry on!

Cheers!

LIST • ESCROW providers • Ranking & Scores available!LIST • FOSS BrainwalletsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 03:14:09 AM

definitely add Protoshares -

one of the most innovative "in hand" Ive seen.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325261.0

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:44:49 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 07:06:53 PM by CoinHoarder

I'm glad to see others interested in innovative ALTs as well. This thread has pretty much been me talking to myself it feels like. I will continue to update it as long as someone finds it useful though. Feel free to contribute if you like, perhaps if you write a short description of the coin you suggest to give me a head start on adding it to the OP.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll make sure to look into them all.  Grin
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:08:52 PM

Got a bunch of new never seen features I'm going to announce for eMunie in the next day or so, they've been through beta testing already and will be included in the launch.

I'll give you a heads up when I post about them if you like Smiley

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:07:18 PM

Got a bunch of new never seen features I'm going to announce for eMunie in the next day or so, they've been through beta testing already and will be included in the launch.

I'll give you a heads up when I post about them if you like Smiley
Sure, sounds good. I'm excited to see what you came up with!
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:29:22 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2013, 05:43:57 AM by CoinHoarder

I updated all coins in the OP just now. I will be adding some new coins tonight as well.

Cheers,

Ch

EDIT: I updated the update Smiley

It seems the mini-block chain project is still going along, there is a bounty thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=286536.0
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:49:52 AM

I just noticed Max Keiser tweeted about ZeroCoin the other day. Smiley

ZeroCoin's Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZerocoinProject

Also, ZeroCoin in the Baltimore Sun: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/readersrespond/bs-ed-bitcoin-letter-20131204,0,3966705.story
lumierre

Activity: 862

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:40:53 AM

This list is really useful in filtering out useless clones. Thanks!

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:42:55 AM

PPCoin POS is innovative since the past to present and future
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:25:17 AM

This list is really useful in filtering out useless clones. Thanks!

Yes, that is the point. No problem! Smiley

PPCoin POS is innovative since the past to present and future

I've been thinking about adding Peer Coin. I agree PoS was innovative, I wish more new coins would implement it and save some electricity!

I don't mean for this list to be the "end all be all" list of innovative alt coins.. I hardly have time to update it as is. Feel free to make suggestions, or even write up a small description of the coin you suggest to make my job easier. Smiley
St.Bit

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:56:02 AM

YAC is definitively missing here although it's real innovations are harder to spot than in other innovative cryptos.

Increasing memory requirement for mining over time and the PoS/PoW hybrid makes this the first crypto with properties more of a currency than a commodity.

Sign a message and get some YAC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300152.0
#R#a#u#t#e#

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:01:07 AM

Candidate for the list: UnitedScryptCoin [USC]  First merged minable scryptcoin! Proved!
Due the merged mining a realy secure thing. Could easyly become something like LTC's own "Namecoin" if ever adopted.

Blocks 2.5 minutes with reward of 50 USC  (dont get confused with USCoin, this has nothing to do with it)

Dont know why nobody invented this before Huh but i guess its more profitable to create Pump and Dump coins...
Sharky444

Activity: 724

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:09:33 AM

YAC is definitively missing here although it's real innovations are harder to spot than in other innovative cryptos.

Increasing memory requirement for mining over time and the PoS/PoW hybrid makes this the first crypto with properties more of a currency than a commodity.

How fast is the maximum transaction time? Everything above 20 seconds for a secure transaction is not a currency, since it has no chance to replace Visa/Paypal.

Radix - just imagine
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:08:54 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2013, 01:31:35 AM by CoinHoarder

I added Peercoin for their work on PoS. I will add the first merge mined Scrypt coin USC & Namecoin as well.

It is up to me who makes it on the list and who doesn't, but thank you all for your suggestions. I will look into them when I have time. I'm on the fence whether to add coins that just change the hashing algorithms on the list.. this includes YAC, Quark, SecureCoin, et al. PrimeCoin also did this, but its PoW solves real life math problems to contribute something to society. If you want one of these added, please explain to me how it was innovative. I honestly haven't had much time to compare them. Smiley

Sorry if I take a long time adding a coin to the list.. just because I don't add it now, doesn't mean I won't add it later. I might reassess it at a later date, or perhaps I just don't have time to look it through. To help me in that regards, please post a description of the coin you're proposing, links to its thread/website, etc... it will help me out a lot. If you have any other links for coins already in the OP, please share them and I will add them (or tell me if a link is broken).
Financisto

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 02:22:47 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2013, 03:16:04 AM by Financisto

Thanks for updating the list!

It is very informative and save us time.

Keep on doing it frequently (monthly at least)!  Cool

Cheers!

LIST • ESCROW providers • Ranking & Scores available!LIST • FOSS BrainwalletsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
extro24

Activity: 481
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:14:09 AM

Datacoin allows data to be stored in the block chain.  Time will tell if it grows or not, but it is innovative.

Freicoin introduced demurrage, and no other coin has copied it.  It has a high circulation rate as a consequence.

Gridcoin (and maybe Curecoin) rewards you for BOINC processing.  Something completely different, and a real use for the processing power of the miners.

Crafttcoin, Gamecoin and Huntercoin are aimed at games - they actually do something.

Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:15:13 AM

Freicoin introduced demurrage, and no other coin has copied it.  It has a high circulation rate as a consequence.

Well check again. Globe.....

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
extro24

Activity: 481
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:38:25 AM

@Tranz:  Sorry, I didn't know about it.  Brand new.  Seems to be based on Freicoin with some extra features.

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:42:15 AM

I discovered NXT recently and wow... it is a huge stuff.

St.Bit

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:18:33 PM

How fast is the maximum transaction time? Everything above 20 seconds for a secure transaction is not a currency, since it has no chance to replace Visa/Paypal.
That's bullshit. (and no, YAC txt take far longer than 20sec to be save)

For bigger transactions it's usually irelevant if it takes 1hour or one day as long as it's safe. On most smaller payments and some bigger ones centralization works more efficient since no distributed sytem can ever be faster than a fast centralized one.

Requireing an ultrafast, ultrasecure and not centralized crypto is requiring a singe solution to problems that can be better solved with more than one solution. Requiering a farm animal to lay eggs, give milk and tasting like bacon is pointless since noone really needs it with farm animals aviable today. Even if it would exist people would still choose the best egg laying animal for eggs and the best tasting for bacon. It's impossible to be the best on all areas against specialized competition.

Sign a message and get some YAC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300152.0
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:52:58 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 01:21:21 PM by CoinHoarder

Namecoin (Merge mineable SHA256 coin that acts a decentralized DNS) and United Scrypt Coin (the first merge mineable Scrypt coin) have both been added.

I'm still looking into other coins to add and have a couple in mind that I may add soon... I am trying to be picky when adding coins. I only want coins on this list that actually innovate. I am thinking of adding Anoncoin for being the first cryptocoin that has a fully integrated client in i2p/TOR.

Possible future additions to the list (please convince me to add these coins.. I'm on the fence):
Nxt - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.0
Protoshares - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325261.0
Bitshares - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=313873.0
My problem with the above coins: It seems they're not really developed yet, although they did raise a lot of money. Since MasterCoin was the first to do this, I added them to the list. I'd like to see a little more development on the newer ones that were "crowd funded" before adding them. Otherwise, anyone could open fundraising and get added to this list... I want it to be a list of the most innovative. Please correct me if you think I'm wrong, show me what has actually been developed on the above coins.

YAC - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=196196.0
Quark - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260031.0
Secure Coin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270852.0
My problem with the above coins:  I'm still on the fence about the coins that are changing the hashing alogrithms to make them CPU/GPU only. I'm afraid I will determine them "innovative" and then next week someone release a GPU miner for them... it's happened before with many coins that claim to be "CPU/GPU only". Which one of these three is the most GPU/ASIC resistant? Or is there a different one that is more GPU/ASIC resistant than these three?

Datacoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325735.0;all
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:13:28 PM

I already added Anon Coin- the first fully TOR (&i2p) integrated cryptocoin.

I need advice as to what to do regarding:

Possible future additions to the list (please convince me to add these coins.. I'm on the fence):
Nxt - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.0
Protoshares - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325261.0
Bitshares - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=313873.0
My problem with the above coins: It seems they're not really developed yet, although they did raise a lot of money. Since MasterCoin was the first to do this, I added them to the list. I'd like to see a little more development on the newer ones that were "crowd funded" before adding them. Otherwise, anyone could open fundraising and get added to this list... I want it to be a list of the most innovative. Please correct me if you think I'm wrong, show me what has actually been developed on the above coins.

My problem with the above coins:  I'm still on the fence about the coins that are changing the hashing alogrithms to make them CPU/GPU only. I'm afraid I will determine them "innovative" and then next week someone release a GPU miner for them... it's happened before with many coins that claim to be "CPU/GPU only". Which one of these three is the most GPU/ASIC resistant? Or is there a different one that is more GPU/ASIC resistant than these three?

Datacoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325735.0;all
mcjavar

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:01:47 PM

NXT is still missing from here...
rhyso

Activity: 129

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:16:10 PM

MEC should be there for sure. Kimoto's Gravity well is a great innovation. The coin is only 6 months old an already in top 10 coins in market cap.

accrual of monetary value
St.Bit

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:54:42 PM

No idea about the others, but for YAC it was never GPU resistance although a lot of idiots used to belive this.
YAC is currently mined mostly by GPUs, but I think this will change.

I'd say YAC is nearly 99.9% ASIC resistant unless it would grow to a size far far bigger than bitcoin today. It changes memory requirement over time so a new ASIC would have to be made for every new n-factor since it doubles memory needed. Currently this happens 2 times per year but there will be less and less n-changes in the future. There would also be competition from botnets/servers/... so ASICs are unlikely to break even on development costs.

An n-change also favours CPU strongly over GPU so it will make it harder and harder for GPUs.
YAC is the only crypto I'm aware of that adapts to technological innovation by making hashing "harder" over time.
There had been FPGA implementations, but they do not function anymore. For most cryptos it will be there hadn't been
FPGA implementations, but in the future this will be possible. YAC's the other(better) way round.

psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:01:53 PM

I think Devcoin deserves a mention.

After all it is still the only crypto to use receiver files (a key innovation) and the coin has been running very well for a very long time.
Financisto

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 10:27:22 PM

I'd suggest that you just add those coins/projects which client/application has already been released.

If I were you, I'd dismiss everything else until further "concrete materialization".

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:25:54 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 11:31:23 AM by superresistant

Nxt - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.0 this is not the thread
Here is the current thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.0

Why don't you read it, there is tons of people posting great ideas all day all night. It is one of the most active thread. The client is updated everyday, an alternative client should be released in few days.

Here is a video for those who never heard about it :
http://wideo.co/view/1302961386354824506-nxt

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:09:37 PM

No idea about the others, but for YAC it was never GPU resistance although a lot of idiots used to belive this.
YAC is currently mined mostly by GPUs, but I think this will change.

I'd say YAC is nearly 99.9% ASIC resistant unless it would grow to a size far far bigger than bitcoin today. It changes memory requirement over time so a new ASIC would have to be made for every new n-factor since it doubles memory needed. Currently this happens 2 times per year but there will be less and less n-changes in the future. There would also be competition from botnets/servers/... so ASICs are unlikely to break even on development costs.

An n-change also favours CPU strongly over GPU so it will make it harder and harder for GPUs.
YAC is the only crypto I'm aware of that adapts to technological innovation by making hashing "harder" over time.
There had been FPGA implementations, but they do not function anymore. For most cryptos it will be there hadn't been
FPGA implementations, but in the future this will be possible. YAC's the other(better) way round.

Thanks for the info on YAC. I agree it does seem ASIC resistant... but then again, so do Quark/SecureCoin/A lot of coins. I can't add them all simply because they are ASIC resistant. I'm hesistant to add them all because of their different PoWs.. if I started doing that then this list will get really long really fast. I guess I'm still on the fence.

----

I am adding Datacoin and Nxt to the list this morning. Smiley
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:14:11 PM

I'd suggest that you just add those coins/projects which client/application has already been released.

If I were you, I'd dismiss everything else until further "concrete materialization".

I agree with you. For the most part I try to only add something that's in development if I think it is a very important project or if it is a very ambitious/innovative project. I will try to keep from posting too many coins that are in development, but some ideas are just so great and the dev teams so capable that I feel there is little chance they won't be fully developed (like Zerocoin).
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:16:47 PM

I think Devcoin deserves a mention.

After all it is still the only crypto to use receiver files (a key innovation) and the coin has been running very well for a very long time.

I do like that Dev coin was "created to help fund open source projects created by programmers, hardware developers, writers, musicians, painters, graphic artists and filmmakers." I also agree they have been innovative and are certainly different from most ALTs. Devtome is great if it will ever be fully adopted.

I pretty much agree with you, I will think about adding it to the list.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:11:05 PM

I added Nxt & a bunch of random links on random entries in the OP.

If you have more links for any of the currencies in the OP, feel free to share... anything like wikis, block explorers, discussion threads, how tos, important services , etc.

I will add Datacoin next, but I'm not sure if I'll have time today.
St.Bit

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:25:24 PM

Thanks for the info on YAC. I agree it does seem ASIC resistant... but then again, so do Quark/SecureCoin/A lot of coins. I can't add them all simply because they are ASIC resistant. I'm hesistant to add them all because of their different PoWs.. if I started doing that then this list will get really long really fast. I guess I'm still on the fence.
I don't think that claiming ASIC resistance is innovativ, but increasing memory over time (and the eco. features) are.

It's the only crypto I'm aware of that can't be mined with some of the hardware that it was used to be mined with in the past.
Take a look at what computers calculated 20 years ago and think how you would calculate those now if it was about performance. You'd use FPGA insted of computers and so all other crypto end up mined by specialized hardware.

It doesn't matter if that hardware is called ASIC, FPGA or even mining rig.
This won't happen for YAC since blade servers are not limited to mining crypto.

bithic

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:36:07 AM

Thanks for this thread CoinHoarder.
lovely89

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:38:13 PM

So, we going to add Ethereum to this list? It looks pretty ingenius.

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
Taborresen

Activity: 183

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:48:53 PM

I am with u. Smiley
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:27:03 PM

No. Don't add it until you have the proof it exist.
Until now, Ethereum is a group of very greedy people with big mouth.
lovely89

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:42:29 AM

That could very well be true and with all of the 'shitcoins' going around, it makes sense to wait for proof. I think the concept could definitely be added though, much the same way eMunie was added to the list but make a note that it is still a conception and hasn't proven itself.

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:20:05 PM

That could very well be true and with all of the 'shitcoins' going around, it makes sense to wait for proof. I think the concept could definitely be added though, much the same way eMunie was added to the list but make a note that it is still a conception and hasn't proven itself.

eMunie has been on beta-test for months. The public beta-test is tomorrow. This crypto-currency does exist. Ethereum on the other hand, could be the biggest scam ever. The creator is asking 36 millions USD right now, he'll keep more than 50 % premine, the access to the coins will be locked for one year and every year you'll be allowed to sell only 50% of remaining coin.
coinrevo

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:28:26 PM

Ethereum on the other hand, could be the biggest scam ever.

what is your estimate of how many people think that way? will it get support inside the community? aantonop has promoted it a bit. a lot of people will be impressed by the wire article. buying a journalist can be quite profitable it seems. the ratio of people who understand technical details to investors is probably <1%, which makes it profitable for people to do this kind of thing. I wonder what the impact is going to be. if the coin would be done without funds raised I wouldn't mind seeing the experiment done, as it shows what will happen if you run nodes with a full language (host to trojans and viruses).
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:10:07 AM

I'm glad to see some renewed interest in this thread. I will make sure to do some updates on the OP this weekend. I apologize I haven't done that more often.. I've been really busy doing all sorts of things.

Cheers,

Ch
lovely89

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:39:19 PM

eMunie has been on beta-test for months. The public beta-test is tomorrow. This crypto-currency does exist. Ethereum on the other hand, could be the biggest scam ever. The creator is asking 36 millions USD right now, he'll keep more than 50 % premine, the access to the coins will be locked for one year and every year you'll be allowed to sell only 50% of remaining coin.

While that is true, that eMunie has been on beta-testing for a while, when it was originally added, around August? It had a very small amount of beta-testers. Now, I'm not arguing about the authenticity of Ethereum, I'm merely suggesting its concept be added to the list, for much the same reason eMunie was added so early (Even though its released was delayed such a long time).

How the coin is distributed and what they ask for in terms of funds is completely irrelevant in terms of the scope of this thread. Also, any accusations or theories based on the likelihood of something is merely speculation or just a conspiracy. I also believe that the Ethereum client was released today? Maybe, I'm away on my laptop and the windows binaries haven't been released yet, although it has been for linux.

https://github.com/ethereum/cpp-ethereum/wiki/Building

Now, if we look at what Ethereum looks to offer, I'm confident anyone will find it hard to deny its innovative nature, which is the reason for this thread. This is not to say that there aren't any real concerns over their approach or flaws in there implementation but currently, it's difficult to find any 'coin' that doesn't have imperfect attributes in some way or another.

Taborresen

Activity: 183

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:58:14 PM

Ok. Didnt it go live these days?
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:13:20 PM

Currencies don't need to be innovative, they just need to work.

What is innovative about the USD compared to the British Pound or compared to any other currency, it's just a medium of exchange.

People falling for 100% premined coins wrapped up as a next generation currency are being duped, but kudos to the developers, they making themselves a lot of money on
2nd gen start ups.

There is only 1 coin that can compete with bitcoin just on it's name alone, a coin that everyone can relate too and very few have even noticed it yet. Wink

lalakies23

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:15:10 PM

Where is Betacoin?
Praeconium

Activity: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:14:07 PM

Where is Betacoin?

Where it belongs, in garbage.
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:22:28 PM

There is only 1 coin that can compete with bitcoin just on it's name alone, a coin that everyone can relate too and very few have even noticed it yet. Wink

I doubt name alone helps, what only matters is number of people using the coin
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:30:38 PM

How to choose a good crypto to invest in? Comment are welcome. This is how I judge potential cryptos.
http://razorsforex.blogspot.com/2014/02/which-cryptocurrency-should-you-invest.html
travel-trousers

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 03:33:24 PM

How to choose a good crypto to invest in? Comment are welcome. This is how I judge potential cryptos.
http://razorsforex.blogspot.com/2014/02/which-cryptocurrency-should-you-invest.html

"All cryptocoins today run on the SHA-256 cryptographic algorithm or the Scrypt algorithm."

Well that's not true.... All of them??
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:40:07 PM

You are right, I added "with a few exceptions". Smiley

"All cryptocoins today run on the SHA-256 cryptographic algorithm or the Scrypt algorithm."

Zzzack

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:13:21 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb8si58DW9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe4Myh5Rw9M

Producer
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:59:08 PM

xcp https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.1920;topicseen
rfe3

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:11:12 PM

Have you Guys looked at MedCoin?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397831.0

I find this one very interesting, it's a HybridScryptHash256 Algorithm, That uses Scrypt and Hash256 in a chain that allows the reuse of ASIC miners but limits their Hashingrates based on CPU power. You could hang a 30G/hs Blade on a i3 Processor and it would hash at about 10 or so G/hs the same on an i7 would do about 19G/hs. This means the  Whales couldn't just  come in and take over without investing in some serious CPU power. White Paper : http://www.mediterraneancoin.org/hybridscrypthash256.pdf

I've been mining this and I find it to be pretty good, especially if you aren't a Mega-Miner with a Farm at your disposal.. The DEVs had a nice soft launch and have been working quite hard to fine tune the Mining Software. There's not really any Marketing Plan (that I've seen) to speak of, but the Algorithm is very promising.

Another one I've found interesting is Cryptographicanomaly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=437950.0;topicseen

This coin also has a very innovative Algorithm with KGW and a unique Block Reward system.
Quote from DEV:
The block reward is (almost) always 0 (yes Zero), the only way that a Cryptographic Anomaly is born is if the remainder of the block number divided by the difficulty falls between 1 and 0. So as the difficulty increases the rarity of the coin increases. After block 15,000 the MAX rate that anomalies can be generated will be 1 out of 3 blocks (1/3). This rule will apply only when the difficulty is below 3. After block 15,000 and the diff rises past 3 the normal rules will apply, the probability of an anomaly being generated will be 1/diff.

The inital stages of the launch were a bit Chaotic as there were some unexpected problems with the Algorithms, Wallets and Blockchain playing together. This Coin has built a GREAT community arround it who worked literally Day and Night to make everything behave.

I find these 2 coins pretty innovative...we'll see where they go... Wink
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:30:59 AM

I find this one very interesting, it's a HybridScryptHash256 Algorithm, That uses Scrypt and Hash256 in a chain (...)

This is a topic for innovative cryptocurrencies. Proof-of Work (mining) is obsolete and it doesn't matter if you mix algo together.
kikeda

Activity: 364

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:38:28 AM

huntercoin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.0

one of a kind
lovely89

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:01:08 PM

I find this one very interesting, it's a HybridScryptHash256 Algorithm, That uses Scrypt and Hash256 in a chain (...)

This is a topic for innovative cryptocurrencies. Proof-of Work (mining) is obsolete and it doesn't matter if you mix algo together.

Agreed. The subject is clearly 'innovative alternative crypto currencies'. True 'innovation' is thinking outside the box, like all of the ones listed, not reorganizing what's already there.
If you want POW, bitcoin is doing pretty darn well and minor changes aren't going to swing the thoughts of the masses.

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:40:56 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 12:26:47 PM by CoinHoarder

I added a list of cryptocoins I am going to add to the list and also a new section for discussion topics for the thread. If you support one of the listed cryptocoins I'd like to add to the list, then you can help me out by writing a short description of the coin and listing some important links for the coin if you're so inclined. Similar to how you see it in the OP please, that would be great!!!

I added this to the OP, but it bears repeating: This is not investment advice, it is mainly for academic purposes. I see this as being a list of improvements and changes to Bitcoin and/or brand new cryptocoins not based on Bitcoin. In a few years we can look over this list and pretty much have a road map for a ground breaking second generation currency that encompasses the best features from all innovative coins. I feel like having a list of innovative developments in regards to cryptocoins will help developers make second generation coins. This can be a resource for them to do research about different innovative ALT coins that have come before them and what they did right and what they did wrong.

Added the following to the OP:

To Be Added At A Later Date:
You can help me by writing a short description for any of the following coins, so it allows me to add it to the list quicker. I admit I have been pretty busy and am having trouble finding time to update this list. Any help would be much appreciated!
- Quarkcoin (The first to implement multiple hashing functions)
- Ethereum (Ethereum is a platform and a programming language that makes it possible for any developer to build and publish next-generation decentralized applications.)
- Megacoin (Kimotos Gravity Well)
- Devcoin (Use of receiver files, and first crypto made to support open source programmers and writers)
- Freicoin (introduced demurrage)
- Gridcoin (and maybe Curecoin) rewards you for BOINC processing.

Discussion Topics:
- Technical: What is the most ASIC/GPU resistant cryptocoin to date? MY guess is it is one of the more memory hard Scrypt coins.. possibly one with a dynamic N factor. There are a lot of them now and I'm not sure which implementation is the best. There's quark, YACcoin, vertcoin, securecoin, etc... Maybe one of these CPU mined coins: Huh https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=379601.0
tacotime
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:46:54 PM

We're still around, fulltime development starts this week.

I would add the following decentralized storage solutions:
- maidsafe (maidsafe.net) launching in april http://blog.maidsafe.net/2014/02/18/token-on-maidsafe-network/
- jstor (talk to super3 on freenode if you want to learn more); winner of the texas bitcoin conference hackathon. launching soon.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:54:18 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 06:04:59 PM by CoinHoarder

We're still around, fulltime development starts this week.

I would add the following decentralized storage solutions:
- maidsafe (maidsafe.net) launching in april http://blog.maidsafe.net/2014/02/18/token-on-maidsafe-network/
- jstor (talk to super3 on freenode if you want to learn more); winner of the texas bitcoin conference hackathon. launching soon.

Thanks for the update.

EDIT: Nevermind I am dumb, you are developing Netcoin AKA. MC2.... not Decrits. I'm getting my second generation cryptos mixed up.  Lips sealed
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:10:14 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 07:31:50 PM by CoinHoarder

Changelog:

Netcoin (MC2): Updated whitepaper to version 0.05, full time development starts next week.. stay tuned to the MC2 thread an update is coming soon!

Datacoin: Added to the list:

Datacoin
Datacoin was released on November 17, 2013.
Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325735.0
Announcement thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=358592.0
Web applications thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=405992.0
Block Explorer: http://www.chainbrowser.com/

- Datacoin is a reliable, censorship-free currency that can be used for transactions and data storage within its sophisticated blockchain.
- Data is stored in the blockchain forever and can be retrieved using a transaction hash as an identifier. Datacoin is a platform that can be used by applications such as torrent trackers, encrypted messaging services, and can be used to store other kinds of small data - all censorship-free!
- Developers can store torrent files, certificates, and with future development, HTML pages and other kinds of meta-information in the Datacoin blockchain.
- You can install the wallet from the right-side menu. Windows users can use a GUI wallet, Linux users should compile datacoind or Datacoin-QT from source (see instructions). - Wallets are in development, and more features are coming soon, but the wallet's current functionality is similar to other coins.

Huntercoin: Added to the list:

Huntercoin
Huntercoin was released on February 1, 2014.
Post-release thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.0
Pre-release thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300538.0
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChronoKings
Words to live by: WARNING > DO NOT STAY IN THE SPAWN AREA FOR 30 BLOCKS or YOU WILL DIE.  Grin

- First human-mineable cryptocoin
- 1 minute transaction times
- Human Mine-able – Mine with your mind.
- Machine Mine-able – Dual Algo – SHA256 (like Bitcoin) and Scrypt (like Litecoin)
- Merge Mineable – With Bitcoin (and other SHA256 Coins) and Litecoin (and other Scrypt Coins)
- P2P Decentralized Massively Multiplayer Online Cryptocurrency Game – MMOCG
- Based on Namecoin – The First Altcoin, and still the most innovative. Allowing things like decentralized DNS

Counterparty: Added to the list:

Counterparty
Counterparty was launched on January 2, 2014.
FAQ: http://counterparty.co/faqs
Wiki: http://counterparty.co/wiki/main
Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.0
Forums: http://forums.counterparty.co/

Counterparty is a distributed financial system built on top of the Bitcoin blockchain. Counterparty’s focus is on enabling the creation and use of financial instruments (such as company stock and other asset issuance, betting, derivatives/hedging, distributed asset exchange, and more) to occur on top of Bitcoin. As Counterparty transactions are encapsulated within valid Bitcoin transactions, they inherit the scalability and security of Bitcoin itself.

Why build your crypto-financial application on top of Counterparty?
- The core Counterparty features are available for use today, and are indeed in use.
- The Counterparty protocol and rules are defined and straightforward, which makes implementation quicker and less error prone.
- Counterparty’s launch utilized proof of burn, with no funding advantage given even to the core developers. It was arguably one of the fairest cryptocurrency launches to date.
- Similar to Bitcoin, Counterparty has a fully functional reference client (counterpartyd) with a well-defined JSON-RPC API. This allows for rapid application development on top of the Counterparty protocol.
- Counterparty is not dependent on one individual or one group of people. It operates as a decentralized effort, leveraging the full power and ability of the community at large, with a well defined set of principles and social contract between the community and the core development team.

YACoin: Added to the list:

YACoin
YACoin was launched on May 7, 2013.
Original thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=196196.0
New thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=206577.0

YACoin was created in May of 2013 and was the first to introduce the N parameter of Scrypt. Check out the Technical Info page for more details. We recently passed out 420,000 block, and are soon approaching 500,000! Many coins come and go well before then. We've just got started! Think YACoin has a small community because we don't have the promotional and marketing juggernauts of some other coins?
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:07:45 PM

I just added 4 coins to the OP, perhaps someone can help me add some of the others?? I'm done for a while..  Lips sealed
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 07:46:41 PM

- Craftcoin (first crypto for use in-game.. Minecraft)

There is nothing about Craftcoin that makes it any more or less usable in games than, for example, bitcoin.

No innovations whatsoever in fact.

It is not even the first actually used in-game.

Bitcoin was in fact already for use in games as well as for many many other uses.

There is nothing innovative about using bitcoin in a game or using litecoin a game or whatever, regardless of whether you scratch out the word "bitcoin" or "litecoin" and write "someothername" in in crayon.

Otherwise you might as well also say it would be innovative for me to scratch out the name "Craftcoin" and put the name "Arsefuckcoin" in its place and call it a coin created for fucking you in the arse.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:26:20 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 12:26:05 PM by CoinHoarder

- Craftcoin (first crypto for use in-game.. Minecraft)

There is nothing about Craftcoin that makes it any more or less usable in games than, for example, bitcoin.

No innovations whatsoever in fact.

It is not even the first actually used in-game.

Bitcoin was in fact already for use in games as well as for many many other uses.

There is nothing innovative about using bitcoin in a game or using litecoin a game or whatever, regardless of whether you scratch out the word "bitcoin" or "litecoin" and write "someothername" in in crayon.

Otherwise you might as well also say it would be innovative for me to scratch out the name "Craftcoin" and put the name "Arsefuckcoin" in its place and call it a coin created for fucking you in the arse.

-MarkM-

Good point MarkM. I want this list to be a community effort, thanks for your input! I think I agree with you about Craftcoin.

I think Huntercoin is still innovative though because you can actually mine coins by playing the game. I don't have any other gaming coins on the list atm, but I'm sure there will be more in the near future.

EDIT: On that note, I am taking Fluttercoin off of the proposed list. Although the varied block values and therefore varying supply cap is somewhat different, I decided it's not really different enough to be deemed innovative. Other coins have tried variable block rewards before.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:26:30 PM

Any new coins I should be on the lookout for?  Grin
kdrop22

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:57:35 PM

Informative thread, following.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:21:14 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 07:45:44 AM by CoinHoarder

I'm running 3 months behind on this thread. I thought I'd just update the list of coins I plan to add. I also changed the name of the thread to include Decentralized Apps/Companies/Funds, as we are seeing a lot more of these lately. It is very exciting.. this is only the beginning. I hope you guys are ready to decentralize everything known to man!

If anyone wants to help me update some of these additions to the list, it would be much appreciated. Even more so if you did it in the same format as the OP, as I could just quote you and copy and paste (I am trying to keep the list organized.) Feel free to submit coins that you think should be on the list, as I know there are other projects that are pretty cool too. Anyways.. If not, I am pretty sure I will likely add the following as soon as I can get to it:

Cryptocoins To Be Added At A Later Date:
- Quarkcoin (The first to implement a short rounds of multiple hashing functions as the proof of work)
- Ethereum (Ethereum is a platform and a programming language that makes it possible for any developer to build and publish next-generation decentralized applications- 2nd turing complete cryptocoin.)
- Megacoin (Kimotos Gravity Well)
- Devcoin (Use of receiver files, and first crypto made to support open source programmers and writers)
- Freicoin (introduced demurrage)
- Gridcoin (and maybe Curecoin) rewards you for BOINC processing.
- Maidsafe (decentralized data storage)
- Swarm (crowdfunding & asset issuance)
- Bitshares & Bitshares AGS (crowdfunding & asset issuance)
- OpenBazaar (decentralized marketplaces)
- LBTCoin (Let's Talk Bitcoin- first news/radio coin, they only will take LBTCoin for sponsorships and advertising, which is how it derives its value in the open market.)
- APICoin (decentralized APIs)
- Permacredits (The Local Currency for the Global Permaculture Movement)
- Qixcoin (first turing complete coin & decentralized game engine IE.. poker, gambling, games, etc.)
- Bitfrog (decentralized gaming IE. poker, gambling, gambling, games)
- BitNPlay (decentralized poker)
- MyriadCoin (first coin to integrate mining of multiple hashing functions simultaneously)
- Bytecoin (Originator of Cryptonote technology)
- Monero (cryptonote coin focused on privacy and anonymity)
- HuhHuhHuh
foodies123

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:33:38 PM

please look into myriadcoin .

nope
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:40:35 PM

please look into myriadcoin .

Looks neat. I like the idea.  Smiley
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:43:06 PM

CryptoNote coins?

█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████             █████ █
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:51:28 PM

CryptoNote coins?

Ah yes, I have read a bit about CryptoNote technology.. admittedly it is hard to keep up. So probably should add Bytecoin, the originator and are there other implementations that are a vast improvement on it? Cryptonote.org Huh
fordlincoln

Activity: 152

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:05:46 AM

amazing list
glad i stumbled upon it today
thank you for mentioning swarm and api coin

you could start a wiki!
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:58:59 AM

amazing list
glad i stumbled upon it today
thank you for mentioning swarm and api coin

you could start a wiki!

No problem Grin

Maintaining this list helps me keep track of what's going on in the crypto world. It is moving so fast, it's hard to keep up.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:52:29 AM

I added the following to the "coins to add" list:

- Bitcloud (Bitcloud is an open source distributed database and escrow agent that allows people to share data and create distributed applications.)
- Storj (decentralized data storage)
- MetaDisk (Metadisk is the first storage focused blockchain-distributed web application, which means that there is no central authority or entity that controls your data. Metadisk runs on top of the Storj prototype platform, which allows users to sell their hard drive space for coins.)
- Darkcoin (a little late adding this one... it is one of the first "coin join" implementations via Dark Send)
- HuhHuhHuh
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:22:34 PM

Sianote....https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=591283.msg6486684#msg6486684

MGW.... https://nxtforum.org/nxtservices-releases/how-to-test-multigateway-with-nxtservices-a-test-user-guide/msg30994/#msg30994
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:56:14 PM

Thanks. I love the idea of Gateways making it easier to pay with alt coins.

Also, there are so many coins coming out that are focused on data storage that I need to comb through them and pick out the best of the best. It is getting to the point where that is no longer innovative IMO. If you see the list to be added, a large part of them have to do with decentralized data storage.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:46:21 PM

Also, there are so many coins coming out that are focused on data storage that I need to comb through them and pick out the best of the best. It is getting to the point where that is no longer innovative IMO. If you see the list to be added, a large part of them have to do with decentralized data storage.
There are testers trying to break the soon to be released MGW, as i write. They welcome more testers, if anyone is interested.

I see what you mean re no longer innovative. I guess the innovation will be the subtle ways their own code works and gets implemented.  Undecided
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:10:29 PM

There are testers trying to break the soon to be released MGW, as i write. They welcome more testers, if anyone is interested.

I see what you mean re no longer innovative. I guess the innovation will be the subtle ways their own code works and gets implemented.  Undecided

There isn't really a working solution yet apart from MGW, so I guess I'd still consider it innovative.. but it is losing its edge. I think there are already enough projects focused on p2p data storage, and I hope new coins focus on other areas that are lacking.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:11:15 PM

All developers should take notes from this guy. Community feedback is essential to a crypto currency's success.

Also... he's doing it all without an IPO. Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660544.0
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:08:51 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 12:29:25 AM by CoinHoarder

Added the following on the coins to add list:

- Credits (decentralized crypto currency exchange)
- Cloak (decentralized crypto currency exchange)

I'd like to reiterate that this is not investment advice. I personally would not invest in probably 70%-90%+ of the coins on this list, I am not going to state which ones in an attempt to stay unbiased. This is meant as a resource for developers.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:13:12 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 08:47:55 AM by CoinHoarder

A few more interesting projects:

- Permacoin (PoW alternative- attempts to fix the waste of processing power in current PoW algorithms- distributed storage of archival data)
- Solarcoin (innovative distribution- 1 SolarCoin represents one MWh of solar energy generated. SolarCoin rewards solar electricity generators both large and small.)
- DNA.Bits (PoW alternative- attempts to fix the waste of processing power in current PoW algorithms- enables encoding and modeling medical and genetics data on digital wallets systems.)
- Syscoin (merge mined Scrypt coin- decentralized market place, data storage, asset exchange (stocks, bonds, etcetra)
lovely89

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:16:34 AM

I love the incentive here but I think that CoinHoarder needs to stricken up his selection process. Seems a bit crowded and too many small 'innovations' here. I first came here because the coins were truly unique AND innovative and seemed as though they could serve a real purpose.

One I have been following for about 7 months, is Skycoin. It is written from scratch, addresses every problem bitcoin has, in detail. Introduces sidechains (for applications), has a scripting language and a new Obliesk proof of stake 'forging' algorithm. It also aims to construct a global meshnet/darknet by allowing people to share their resources for these coins.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=380441.0

Another one that looks interesting, but time will tell, is nTx. It's a NXT clone but working on a concept call 'recasting', where all old blocks and their coins/assets etc are deleted after a certain amount of transactions. The coins can be kept if they are acknowledged and aliases are kept if a very small fee is paid. The whitepaper was poorly written and the code is still being worked on so that's all I could gather, but definitely innovate. Looks to solve the blockchain 'bloat' problem, which I think could be huge in, lets say 10 years, if micro transactions become huge.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=625668

I think the selection process should be based on quality not quantity. It's your thread though and it's great so far, so keep it up! Smiley

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:38:13 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 09:52:13 AM by CoinHoarder

I love the incentive here but I think that CoinHoarder needs to stricken up his selection process. Seems a bit crowded and too many small 'innovations' here. I first came here because the coins were truly unique AND innovative and seemed as though they could serve a real purpose.

One I have been following for about 7 months, is Skycoin. It is written from scratch, addresses every problem bitcoin has, in detail. Introduces sidechains (for applications), has a scripting language and a new Obliesk proof of stake 'forging' algorithm. It also aims to construct a global meshnet/darknet by allowing people to share their resources for these coins.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=380441.0

Another one that looks interesting, but time will tell, is nTx. It's a NXT clone but working on a concept call 'recasting', where all old blocks and their coins/assets etc are deleted after a certain amount of transactions. The coins can be kept if they are acknowledged and aliases are kept if a very small fee is paid. The whitepaper was poorly written and the code is still being worked on so that's all I could gather, but definitely innovate. Looks to solve the blockchain 'bloat' problem, which I think could be huge in, lets say 10 years, if micro transactions become huge.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=625668

I think the selection process should be based on quality not quantity. It's your thread though and it's great so far, so keep it up! Smiley

Thanks for the feedback.

I think the reason for that was when I started this thread it was investment advice at first. I then decided that I didn't really want to put myself out there like that and perhaps promote a scam or coin that may fail. I decided that this would just be a list of innovative coins for developers researching what has been done before and how they did it. I think still it is a good starting point for ALT coin investing though, as I think it will take an innovative coin to compete with the big boys.

Even the small innovations have their place I think. Small innovations can be combined with other innovations to create something great. If you see the link in my signature about a fairly released PoS coin.. this is what I mean.. I basically combined several innovations from different cryptos to create something that in my opinion would be the most fair PoS crypto release to date.

That being said.. I will try to trim the list a little bit. There are some projects (like eMunie) that are dead and those could definitely go. The problem is some coins are trying to do the same or similar things, but they are still new concepts and not fully developed yet. It is hard to tell which ones I should list and which ones I should not, so I have been listing them all... IE. I have no idea out of the 3-4 decentralized data storage projects will be the most easy to use/have the most utility/be the most successful/etc.

The same could be said for all the "ASIC resistant", PoS variations, anonymous transaction coins, PoW coins to solve wasted processing power, etcetra.

Any suggestions as to that?

Thanks for suggesting those cryptos, I'll take a look.
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:49:57 AM

quark implemented random hashing as well as the first, any other cryptos with random hashing?
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:54:27 AM

quark implemented random hashing as well as the first, any other cryptos with random hashing?

There are probably others.. I can't keep up.  Smiley
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 01:16:22 PM

Updates:
- Deleted the "News" sections for each coin, as I don't have the time to update it.
- Changed Zerocoin to Zerocash, updated links and description
- Updated YACoin links and description

More updates to come today. Planning on fixing/updating all links and descriptions & adding some of the crypto currencies on the "to be added at a later date" list.

For now, it is coffee/breakfast time. Smiley
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:33:26 PM

Updates:
- This thread has mostly been me talking to myself.... in an attempt to incite debate, I decided to get off the fence and spice things up a bit. Wink
- At the end of each coin's description I will give my honest opinion on whether I would buy or sell the coin, and why the innovation that makes the coin special is important or innovative. Remember this is still not investment advice, I added this merely to incite debate.
- eMunie has been removed from the list.. the project seems dead and/or like it was a scam.
- Updated links and description for USC.. it seems like the developer is MIA and the coin is somewhat dead. There are now other merge mined Scrypt coins if you are interested, but I will keep USC on the list as it was the first one to do so and earned its spot in crypto currency history.
- Updated links and the descriptions for Primecoin and Peercoin, added my opinion
- Updated the links and description for Nxt, added my opinion

I still am in the process of updating coins A-N, as well as adding some new ones today.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 06:13:40 PM

Good list:

who invented "Coin control"  ?

that is a significant innovation also -

Please add :

EQ reward or " trickle inflation" if you like .

for SIF and QUARK.

SIF did it in a crude way and Quark refined it.  

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:40:50 PM

Good list:

who invented "Coin control"  ?

Please add :

for SIF and QUARK.

Thanks.. I am trying to get everything updated today. Smiley

Coin Control was a Bitcoin innovation. I guess I need to add Bitcoin to the list, but I guess I assumed that one is obvious since we are all on a Bitcoin forum!!!

Quark was already on my list to be added, but for other reasons. I will look into trickle inflation.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 06:57:07 PM

Good list:

Please add :

for SIF and QUARK.

Coin Control was a Bitcoin innovation. I guess I need to add Bitcoin to the list, but I guess I assumed that one is obvious since we are all on a Bitcoin forum!!!

Quark was already on my list to be added, but for other reasons. I will look into trickle inflation.

so "coin control" common in PoS crypto was a Bitcoin innovation?

oh i see it was designed for "dust" right?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:21:56 PM

Good list:

Please add :

for SIF and QUARK.

so "coin control" common in PoS crypto was a Bitcoin innovation?

oh i see it was designed for "dust" right?

I don't think it helps with dust, but the mini block chain project helps with dust. I actually just noticed they released their first implementation of it.. Cryptonite. It looks pretty neat, they added several other innovative features as well.. check it out: http://cryptonite.info/

I just added Cryptonite to the list in the OP and removed the mini block chain project.

Before Coin Control, when you sent bitcoins to someone else, the bitcoin client chose kind of randomly which of your addresses will send the coins. With coin control you can choose exactly which of your addresses will be the sending addresses, and even more specific which of your unspent outputs will be the sending inputs.

It just gives users more control over their Bitcoins. I believe the first implementation of it was in the alternative Bitcoin client "Bitcoin OMG" developed by Warren Togami here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=320695.0 and possibly in the Litecoin beta release around that time as well. But, the idea was first thought of here on the Bitcoin forums: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144331.0
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 07:29:30 PM

thanks for all the info !

great!

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:57:50 PM

thanks for all the info !

great!

No problem

---------------------

Well, I am done updating links and descriptions to all crypto currencies that were on the list. Here's an overview in case you haven't read today's posts:

- I changed the mini block chain project to Cryptonite. I am excited where that project is headed and with their original innovations.. I think it is definitely a coin to keep an eye on.
- I removed eMunie from the list.. it seems rather dead and/or like it was a scam. If anything changes I can easily just add it back on the list, but for now it seems dead.
- I changed Zerocoin to Zerocash
- I updated all links and descriptions
- I also added my opinion if I would buy/hold or sell each crypto currency. I am interested in your opinions if I got these right or wrong. I feel like I may have said "buy/hold" too often. Please please please give me your opinion if you think I should reconsider my opinion.

What do you guys think?

I'm going to try to add one or two on the "coins to add" list from here on out until I can get caught up. I may add a few as early as tonight.

Cheers!
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:09:07 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 06:16:22 AM by CoinHoarder

Why Innovation Is Equally As Important As Marketing And Why I Became A Litecoin Bear

The Litecoin community and I largely disagreed on the importance of innovation as they mainly want to focus on marketing, rather than improving crypto currencies on a developmental level and in an innovative manner. Basically, they are content blindly following anything that Bitcoin implements with the few developers they have, and the rest of the community is dead set on marketing and merchant adoption as the path to success for Litecoin. I think there are several problems with this line of thinking, and I will try to explain why. Alternative crypto currencies are supposed to be the testing grounds for improvements upon existing crypto currencies and new features. If they are not doing either of these things, then I do not see the point of their existence and it screams of a get rich quick scheme. Any crypto currency that does neither of these things I consider to be a "pump and dump" and/or "scam coin."

Marketing and merchant adoption are important, but marketing and merchant adoption coupled with no innovation and development is akin to betting that people are sheeple. In Litecoin's case, they are betting that people will look past the lack of innovation and the fact it is pretty much a copy and paste coin. While I do not disagree that the vast majority of people in the world are sheeple in regards to problems with trusted third parties and FIAT, it is not these people that are adopting crypto currencies at this point in time. The sheeple are somewhat ignorant to the extreme need of crypto currencies and decentralized technologies. These people will come eventually when crypto currencies have already blown up, and are a vast improvement over the current financial system. It will happen naturally, not by some marketing scheme with an underlying code base that was copied off of some other crypto currency.

It is the free-thinkers (skeptics/non sheeple) that are in the process of adopting crypto currencies and decentralized technologies. These are the same people that will be doing the marketing and pushing merchant adoption. If the free-thinkers can look past your crypto currency’s marketing strategies and see that the underlying crypto currency is mainly a “pump and dump” and/or “scam coin” with no innovation or improvements over another larger already existing crypto currency, then how can they be expected to support it? How can they be expected to help with marketing and pushing merchant adoption, when they don’t believe in the underlying technology themselves?

I believe there are only two answers to that question in regards to alternative crypto currencies. The first being that the supporters of the alternative crypto currency are sheeple themselves, and the second being that the supporters of that crypto currency are only focused on one thing and that is making a profit by "pumping and dumping" at the expense of sheeple. Both answers to this question make me completely and utterly sick, and I do not think that Satoshi would approve either.

After much analysis and reading user’s opinions and thoughts in such crypto currency communities over the years, I have come to the conclusion that most of their community at this point in time falls under the latter answer to that question, which makes me even sicker when thinking about it. Crypto currencies are still in the early adopter phase. As I said earlier, it is mostly the free-thinkers that are adopting crypto currencies and decentralized technologies at this point in time, and I find it highly unlikely that the majority of these early adopters are sheeple. It is utterly shameful people are praying on sheeple for their own financial gain, and relying on “the greater fool theory” to fatten their wallets.

Again, this is why I left the Litecoin community. I realized that it is an either/or situation, and I was completely disgusted by it. Either I was surrounded by sheeple, or I was surrounded by cut throat free-thinkers preying on sheeple by the use of the “greater fool theory,” and either way I decided I wanted no part in it. There was an “ah ha” moment in which I decided Litecoin needed to be innovative and really focus on improving crypto currencies on a technical and developmental level, or the sad reality is that's just how it’s going to be and how it will always be as long as they continue down the same path.

I am a big believer in an altered quote from a corny 90s movie named “The Field of Dreams” in regards to crypto currency adoption, “if you build it they will come.” If you stop and think about it for a second, this is exactly what Satoshi did with Bitcoin, and look at how far Bitcoin has come today. If a crypto currency is innovative enough and a vast improvement over prior crypto currencies, the users and merchants will come eventually. Now and in the near term future, as a crypto currency community… the free-thinkers and early adopters… we should mostly focus on improving crypto currencies the best way possible through innovation and development.

Sadly, I think Bitcoin and Litecoin have mainly gotten off the path that Satoshi paved which was focused on innovation and development, and adoption happening naturally instead of forced upon people. A large part of their community has trouble seeing that both of these crypto currencies are not perfect and have flaws. Try bringing up the flaws of Bitcoin in the General Discussion sub forum and see the kind of hostility and ignorance you are met with. This kind of group think is poison, and it affects the improvement of crypto currencies on an innovative and developmental level, and will only slow down the improvement of crypto currencies. They are not in a large way focusing on implementing new features, improving existing features, and openly talking about flaws of their respective crypto currency.

Doubly sadly, I think most of this group thinking stems from greed. They do not want to talk about the flaws of Bitcoin/Litecoin, and they brush everything off as FUD or “scam coins gonna scam coin.” When in reality they are the ones that are doing the scamming, as they are so worried about fattening their pockets, that they stifle innovation and development. In general, they are so worried that if someone reads a genuine concern about a flaw or short coming about Bitcoin/Litecoin and believes it, that that someone will not invest in the crypto currency they have invested in. This affects the size to which their pockets can fatten, they do not like this one bit, and they make every attempt to shut it down and label it as FUD.

Bitcoin already has a major focus on both merchant and new user adoption. This goes along with my "if you build it they will come theory," but I believe that there is a trickle down effect in Bitcoin's adoption that other alternative crypto currencies are rewarded from. After learning about Bitcoin, I think they will mostly realize that it is not perfect and how the community largely stifles innovation on the basis that there is nothing that needs to be changed. Once they come to this realization, the innovative alternative crypto currencies will benefit largely from this realization. I just think adoption will come naturally if your crypto currency is a vast improvement over Bitcoin and/or the current financial system, and it is not something that needs to be forced down people's throats as it will be met with skepticism and reluctance if done this way. I believe this kind of promotion is stifling the adoption of Bitcoin itself. The way people talk about it and try to force adoption onto people, it does kind of sound like a scam of some sort until people actually learn what Bitcoin is and how it works.

In summary, marketing and pushing for merchant adoption is important, but it is equally important to not succumb to greed and ignorance and to push the crypto currency and/or decentralized technology movement forward through innovation and development. I think all "copy cat" or "copy and paste" coins are destined to fail eventually. Even the innovative ones, if they don't stay vigilant in innovating and improving their original innovation will fall by the wayside. It is a very competitive market and those that aren't focused on innovating and improving their crypto currency will die a slow death. I applaud innovative crypto currencies for paving the path to the future of crypto currencies, a path that Satoshi started and a path that the larger crypto currency community seems to be wandering off of. Once that path is filled with great new useful features and vast improvements over old crypto currency features, the general public will flock to that path once they realize it is so much better than the government built overgrown bumpy pebble path they have been travelling down their entire lives.

After Thoughts:

I may of come across as very anti-marketing in this post, but I didn't necessarily mean it that way. Mainly my problem is not with the marketing of crypto currencies, my problem is with the marketing of crypto currencies that are not innovating and improving upon Bitcoin. I liken the marketing of "copy and paste" coins to scamming via the greater fool theory. As long as a crypto currency is innovative and is in the process of innovating and as long as you continue to do this, then I don't really see any problem with marketing yourselves. Just don't try to shove it down people's throats, as then it is met with skepticism and reluctance, as it will seem like some sort of scam at first glance until they make the effort to learn what your crypto currency is all about.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:11:45 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 07:12:27 AM by CoinHoarder

Hi,

I added a blog section to the OP and added my first blog post. Some of you may have read it earlier in another thread, but feel free to read it if not.

Also, if you have been following my posts lately you will probably notice I have been quite supportive of Bitshares DACs. I think they are doing some truly innovative stuff over there, and suggest you guys check it out.

As always I could use help adding the crypto currencies that are "yet to be added" at the bottom of the OP- please use a similar format as I have in the OP. I am actually a bit shocked that the supporters/investors/developers of these cryptos haven't popped in and already done so. I was expecting people that had interest in seeing their crypto currency added to the list to help me in doing so. I guess not... anyways, there are a lot of coins to add and it may take me a while.

Your thoughts and opinions are welcome as always!

Cheers

Bitshares
Bitshares consists of multiple DACs released at different times, some have yet to be released.
Forum: https://bitsharestalk.org/
FAQ: http://bitshares.org/faq/
Wiki: http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Main_Page
Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/BitShares

DACs/Tokens:
Bitshares PTS (gain stake in future Bitshares DACs): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325261.0
Bitshares X (bitassets- market pegged assets): http://www.bitshares-x.info/

BitShares builds the technology that powers decentralized autonomous companies (DACs). The long term benefit of DACs is the creation of millions of information-based jobs that allow those who contribute what they know to the market to make money. Whether music, inventions, news articles, insurance, or currency speculation, there will be multiple opportunities for people to earn by sharing information. To gain stake in new Bitshares DACs you can buy or mine Bitshares PTS, which is like Bitshare's sister crypto currency, and is currently secured by PoW and can be mined on your CPU. There are a couple innovative features that each Bitshares DAC has including the following:

An improved Proof of Stake consensus algorithm named Delegated Proof of Stake, which is a new implementation of proof of stake that can validate transactions in seconds while providing greater security in a shorter period of time than all existing proof of stake systems. In the time it takes Bitcoin to produce a single block a DPOS system can have your transaction verified by 20% of the shareholders and by the time Bitcoin claims the transaction is almost irreversible (6 blocks, 1 hour) your transaction under DPOS has been verified by 100% of the shareholders through their delegates. DPOS is better explained here: http://bitshares.org/delegated-proof-of-stake/

Improved security practices over Bitcoin through TITAN, which stands for transfer invisibly to any name. In a nutshell, someone can see transactions and volume but cannot identify the receiver, and only the transmitter and the receiver can correctly interpret these transactions. Titan has the following features: There is no need to exchange ugly addresses, instead a name can be registered with the block chain which suffices to receive payments. The receiver of a transaction is anonymous to everyone except the sender. It simplifies accounting in the wallet, as you can register arbitrary names and no one can see your balance (except you, of course)!

My Opinion (on Bitshares): BUY/HOLD - Bitshares DACs are in my opinion one of the most exciting projects in the alternative crypto currency space. The have many innovative ideas and are focused on treating crypto currencies as a business. Whereas Bitcoin is ran at a huge loss every year due to the amount of electricity required to secure it, Bitshares DACs are profitable for its share holders (owners of the crypto currencies.) Coupled with an improved PoS algorithm and improved anonymity forcing people to use "Bitcoin's best practices", I think Bitshares DACs are a good investment. Bitshares is planning on going into business in multiple sectors including currency speculation, music, gaming, dns/namespace, charity, and more.

My Opinion (on the innovation): Bitshares is one of the first family of DACs in existence. Their premise is based upon looking at a crypto currency like a business and striving to make that business profitable. It is unclear whether the Bitcoin model is sustainable, considering the millions of dollars in electricity it takes to protect its block chain, Bitshares fixes that with an improved Proof of Stake algorithm. Furthermore, Bitshares adds profitable features on top of the more sustainable architecture to produce profits for share holders (owners of the crypto currencies.) Bitshares plans on going into business in multiple sectors and creating a family of profitable DACs.
entertheabyss

Activity: 602

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:06:13 AM

THIS IS NOT INVESTMENT ADVICE. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.

All opinions stated here are certainly debatable, if you think I'm wrong about something then please let me know. I will take everything said to heart, but I will still form my own opinions which will be posted here in the OP. Feel free to bring anything to my attention- by posting my opinions here I would like to incite debate, not give investment advice. Please let me know if I have made a factual error somewhere.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

List Of Innovative Crypto Currencies And Decentralized Applications/Corporations/Funds

If you think I have left an innovative crypto currency project out, then feel free to let me know. However, every project that will be included on this list will be up to my sole discretion as to whether it is innovative or not. Projects are listed in alphabetical order. Some descriptions have been copied from each respective project's web page and/or thread due to the amount of time it would take me to write a custom description for each one. Credits for the descriptions go to each project. If you'd like to help me maintain this list, there is a list of crypto currencies I plan on adding at the bottom of this post. Please use the same format that I have used here, and include a short description & important links.

Anoncoin
Anoncoin was released on June 06, 2013.
Forums: http://forum.anoncoin.net
Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=309716.0
Discussion thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.0
Twitter: https://twitter.com/anoncoinproject

Anoncoin was the first cryptocoin that supports the i2p & TOR darknet. With the addition of being fully tor compatible there is a huge possibility of hiding in plain sight by transferring coins using the darknets only. This  kind of transfer across darknets, exchanges, and "coin mixers" can help you ensure that the coins you received initially either from mining, purchasing, or as payment of services can be fully scrambled and thus not traceable back to your wallet. Even if the blockchain is studied in detail there will be no way to tell which coins belong to what wallet, nor any kind of ID.

My Opinion (on Anoncoin): SELL - Although Anoncoin was the first crypto currency to implement i2p and Tor to the wallet client, it still has a public block chain like Bitcoin- all transactions are out in the open for anyone to do block chain analysis on. Therefore Anoncoin is only pseudo anonymous, just like Bitcoin, and in my opinion this is one of the weakest anon coins as far as anonymity goes. Although Anoncoin is in the process of implementing an older version of Zerocoin, it does not seem like it will ever be more anonymous than Zerocash, there are already anonymous coins out there, and I fear the Zerocoin implementation may be too little too late. If they do implement ZeroCoin technology I will reassess this at a later date.

My Opinion (on the innovation): Implementing Tor and i2p to the client is a good step forward in protecting privacy. Masking peoples IP addresses through the use of Tor/i2p is a necessary step for a completely anonymous crypto currency. People are quick to assume that privacy is only needed by criminals, or if you are doing something wrong that you would like to hide. However, this couldn't be further from the truth. There are numerous reasons why the average joe that has nothing to hide should want to keep his or her financial information private. Bitcoin is only pseudo anonymous and Bitcoin addresses can be linked to identities several ways, further increasing the privacy of crypto currencies is important to protect the end users. Unfortunately Anon coin suffers from the same issue.

Zerocash (formerly Zerocoin)
In development.
Brief Description of How Zerocash Works: http://zerocash-project.org/how_zerocash_works
FAQ: http://zerocash-project.org/q_and_a
Shortened Whitepaper: http://zerocash-project.org/media/pdf/zerocash-oakland2014.pdf
Full Whitepaper: http://zerocash-project.org/media/pdf/zerocash-extended-20140518.pdf
Unofficial Update Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=362468.0
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZerocashProject
Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Zerocash/

Zerocash is a new protocol that provides a privacy-preserving version of Bitcoin (or a similar currency). Zerocash fixes an inherent weakness of Bitcoin: every user's payment history is recorded in public view on the block chain, and is thus readily available to anyone. While there are techniques to obfuscate this information, they are problematic and ineffective. Instead, in Zerocash, users may pay one another directly, via payment transactions that reveal neither the origin, destination, or amount of the payment. This is a marked improvement compared to Bitcoin (and similar decentralized digital currencies), where every payment's information is made public for the whole world to see. Zerocash improves on an earlier protocol, Zerocoin, developed by some of the same authors, both in functionality (Zerocoin only hides a payment's origin, but not its destination or amount) and in efficiency (Zerocash transactions are less than 1KB and take less than 6ms to verify).

Zerocash extends the protocol and software underlying Bitcoin by adding new, privacy-preserving payments. In doing so it forms a new protocol that, while using some of the same technology and software as Bitcoin, is distinct from it. This new protocol has both anonymous coins, dubbed zerocoins, and non-anonymous ones, which, for purposes of disambiguation, we call basecoins. In contrast to Bitcoin's transactions, payment transactions using the Zerocash protocol do not contain any public information about the payment's origin, destination, or amount; instead, the correctness of the transaction is demonstrated via the use of a zero-knowledge proof. Users can convert from basecoins to zerocoins, send zerocoins to other users, and split or merge zerocoins they own in any way that preserves the total value. Users may also convert zerocoins back into basecoins, though in principle this is not necessary: all transactions can be made in terms of zerocoins.

My Opinion (on Zerocash): BUY/HOLD - From the outside looking in, Zerocash seems to be one of the most truly anonymous crypto currencies in development. Furthermore, it was created and is being developed by very smart individuals heavily involved in Cryptography research in academia. I find it hard to believe that they will release a sub par crypto currency for those reasons.

My Opinion (on the innovation): People are quick to assume that privacy is only needed by criminals, or if you are doing something wrong that you would like to hide. However, this couldn't be further from the truth. There are numerous reasons why the average joe that has nothing to hide should want to keep his or her financial information private. Bitcoin is only pseudo anonymous and Bitcoin addresses can be linked to identities several ways, further increasing the privacy of crypto currencies is important to protect the end users.

ZeroCash transactions are very easy to verify also very small. Unfortunately ZeroCash cannot generate trustless initial parameters. In lots of ways its preferable to ZeroCash however somebody with the initial perams could grant themselves zerocoins without ever being detected. Considering that the research is being funded by the American and Israeli  Governments, the risk are credible. "This work was supported by: ... the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and the Air Force Research Laboratory ... Israeli Centers of Research Excellence I-CORE program (center 4/11); the Israeli Ministry of Science and Technology; the Office of Naval Research ..."

Anoncoin's implementation of zerocoin will use completely trustless parameters with RSA-UFO's.

Source:
- http://zerocash-project.org/media/pdf/zerocash-oakland2014.pdf
- https://wiki.anoncoin.net/RSA_UFO
- http://f3.tiera.ru/2/Cs_Computer%20science/CsLn_Lecture%20notes/I/Information%20and%20Communication%20Security,%202%20conf.,%20ICICS%2799(LNCS1726,%20Springer,%201999)(ISBN%203540666826)(334s)_CsLn_.pdf

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:56:18 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 07:09:10 AM by CoinHoarder

ZeroCash transactions are very easy to verify also very small. Unfortunately ZeroCash cannot generate trustless initial parameters. In lots of ways its preferable to ZeroCash however somebody with the initial perams could grant themselves zerocoins without ever being detected. Considering that the research is being funded by the American and Israeli  Governments, the risk are credible. "This work was supported by: ... the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and the Air Force Research Laboratory ... Israeli Centers of Research Excellence I-CORE program (center 4/11); the Israeli Ministry of Science and Technology; the Office of Naval Research ..."

Anoncoin's implementation of zerocoin will use completely trustless parameters with RSA-UFO's.

Source:
- http://f3.tiera.ru/2/Cs_Computer%20science/CsLn_Lecture%20notes/I/Information%20and%20Communication%20Security,%202%20conf.,%20ICICS%2799(LNCS1726,%20Springer,%201999)(ISBN%203540666826)(334s)_CsLn_.pdf

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I thought that the Zerocoin team abandoned the project and had transitioned to Zerocash. I guess I am having a hard time understanding why they would do this if Zerocash has the security implementations you mentioned.. printing money anonymously. I can see how that could be possible and I seem to remember reading about this at one point, so I do not believe you are making it up. Can you please explain that to me.. why they would transition from Zerocoin to Zerocash if that is the case? Or, have they since abandoned Zerocash and went back to the Zerocoin project? That is kind of confusing! Nevertheless, I will look into ZeroCash's possible security implications and re-asses my synopsis and opinion. I had taken Zerocoin off of the list and replaced it with Zerocash based off of the understanding they had shifted gears to Zerocash.

As to Anoncoin, I am trying to judge crypto currency projects based only on the features that their current release has (unless they don't have a current release and are only in development.) Was my synopsis for Anoncoin correct when taking this into account? The only reason for doing it this way is because I have no way of knowing if planned features will ever make it to a release. There have been a lot of developers that have promised <insert feature here> and failed to deliver. For what it's worth, I did mention that you guys were in the process of implementing Zerocoin and would reassess it when you have successfully done that. Anoncoin currently has Tor and i2p capability, did I miss anything else like a coin join implementation?? Or, are you guys focusing on implementing Zerocoin?
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:57:20 AM

Great thread, thanks!  Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
entertheabyss

Activity: 602

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:06:24 PM

ZeroCash transactions are very easy to verify also very small. Unfortunately ZeroCash cannot generate trustless initial parameters. In lots of ways its preferable to ZeroCash however somebody with the initial perams could grant themselves zerocoins without ever being detected. Considering that the research is being funded by the American and Israeli  Governments, the risk are credible. "This work was supported by: ... the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and the Air Force Research Laboratory ... Israeli Centers of Research Excellence I-CORE program (center 4/11); the Israeli Ministry of Science and Technology; the Office of Naval Research ..."

Source:

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I thought that the Zerocoin team abandoned the project and had transitioned to Zerocash. I guess I am having a hard time understanding why they would do this if Zerocash has the security implementations you mentioned.. printing money anonymously. I can see how that could be possible and I seem to remember reading about this at one point, so I do not believe you are making it up. Can you please explain that to me.. why they would transition from Zerocoin to Zerocash if that is the case? Or, have they since abandoned Zerocash and went back to the Zerocoin project? That is kind of confusing! Nevertheless, I will look into ZeroCash's possible security implications and re-asses my synopsis and opinion. I had taken Zerocoin off of the list and replaced it with Zerocash based off of the understanding they had shifted gears to Zerocash.

As to Anoncoin, I am trying to judge crypto currency projects based only on the features that their current release has (unless they don't have a current release and are only in development.) Was my synopsis for Anoncoin correct when taking this into account? The only reason for doing it this way is because I have no way of knowing if planned features will ever make it to a release. There have been a lot of developers that have promised <insert feature here> and failed to deliver. For what it's worth, I did mention that you guys were in the process of implementing Zerocoin and would reassess it when you have successfully done that. Anoncoin currently has Tor and i2p capability, did I miss anything else like a coin join implementation?? Or, are you guys focusing on implementing Zerocoin?

ZeroCash is uses more advanced succinct non-interactive zero-knowledge proofs (z-snarks) to hide both transaction addresses AND amounts. This actually conceals the entire blockchain. However there is the potential backdoor. To be fair this does not compromise the anonymity of the network. It allows somebody to sign bogus transactions into existence. Miers (one of the researchers) has admitted this 

Anoncoin has actually already built the RSA-UFO generator and supporters have been contributing CPU power to this project for almost 2 months. Gnosis (the ANC dev in charge of implementing ZC) said on the IRC channel that he plans on wrapping things up at the end of the month.

The Anoncoin devs are committed to implementing ZC.  While your criticism of their delays are founded they are still active and plugging away at it and have actual code to show for it.

https://twitter.com/secparam/status/468784402558771200
https://github.com/Anoncoin/ufo_client

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:49:37 PM

Thank you for the explanation. I will rewrite my descriptions and opinions of Anoncoin and Zerocash, along with adding ZeroCoin back on the list.

Just a FYI to anyone doing research on anon coins... There is more talk of Zerocash's problem and comparison of different anon coins in these threads (although some information may be a bit outdated)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615514.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=362468.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=751605.20
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.0

On a side note, it seems like eMunie is not dead like I thought. I will be re-adding it to the list again in the near future. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=755057.0
lovely89

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:22:58 AM

I'm not sure why eMunie was removed. There latested teaser and soon to be beta is really packed and is looking at a marketplace, turing complete scripting language, decentralized exchange and web browsing just to name a few features. It's hugely innovative and i think it will sit uo there with bitshares x, nubits and nxt for innovation.

Also, i don't see skycoin there yet and I'm guessing you're waiting for more information regarding nubits/peershares?

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:45:05 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 09:57:24 PM by CoinHoarder

I'm not sure why eMunie was removed. There latested teaser and soon to be beta is really packed and is looking at a marketplace, turing complete scripting language, decentralized exchange and web browsing just to name a few features. It's hugely innovative and i think it will sit uo there with bitshares x, nubits and nxt for innovation.

Also, i don't see skycoin there yet and I'm guessing you're waiting for more information regarding nubits/peershares?

I removed eMunie last week because there had been no updates in something like 6 months and when I visited their forums it was dead. Fuserleer reappeared from the dead today and posted an update. I mentioned it a couple posts up, but I will be adding it back to the list.

I grouped Peershares in with Peercoin since it's built on top of it and I gave a link to their page and mentioned it in the description/opinion.

Never heard of Skycoin or Nubits, I will look into them. EDIT: I will add Skycoin, but there isn't much information on Nubits yet.. I'm going to hold off on that one.

BTW- to everyone. I made a lot of edits and updates to the OP earlier today.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:01:37 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 10:34:51 PM by CoinHoarder

In case anyone didn't notice, I have added some coins on the "to be added" list the past week or so:

- Crypti (PoS variant- Proof of Time, Proof of Purchase, Proof of Merchant ID)
- Bitmark (marking and other neat features/improvements)
- Skycoin (a lot of innovations)
- Bitcoindark (... many features that other cryptocoin 2.0s have, their main innovation being "teleporting")

By the way.. if this thread has helped you (or you enjoy it), and you have some BitsharesX stake, please consider voting me in as a delegate on BitsharesX by typing this into the console: wallet_approve_delegate delegate.coinhoarder
bitcoinxiaoshan

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:30:23 PM

BTSX is absolutely the star of the past a few days. Smiley
lovely89

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:10:21 PM

In case anyone didn't notice, I have added some coins on the "to be added" list the past week or so:

- Crypti (PoS variant- Proof of Time, Proof of Purchase, Proof of Merchant ID)
- Bitmark (marking and other neat features/improvements)
- Skycoin (a lot of innovations)
- Bitcoindark (... many features that other cryptocoin 2.0s have, their main innovation being "teleporting")

By the way.. if this thread has helped you (or you enjoy it), and you have some BitsharesX stake, please consider voting me in as a delegate on BitsharesX by typing this into the console: wallet_approve_delegate delegate.coinhoarder

This list is extremely informative and appears to be completely unbias. It's come a long way. If i didnt sell all of my bitshares for a decent (but in perspective, horrible price) I'd support you as a delegate.

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:20:44 PM

This list is extremely informative and appears to be completely unbias. It's come a long way. If i didnt sell all of my bitshares for a decent (but in perspective, horrible price) I'd support you as a delegate.

I got voted in, but am just barely in the #91 spot so I could use some more votes. Smiley

No worries about not being able to vote for me.. it's all good.

I am glad you found this informative, I try to remain as unbiased as possible.
lovely89

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:06:27 AM

Another coin i have been following is simcoin. They are looking at confirmations in < 1 second! With all the security still intact. Ability to hold thin wallets, instead of the entire blockchain and the ability to truncate old transactions. Worth looking into.

SkullCoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:33:06 AM

I enjoy these reports. I just read what you said about "Huntercoin" and you are dead on. A polished game that is human mine-able can really take off.

I'm giving it a shot with "SkullCoin". The game is just something that I put together but it's not permanent. New games can be adapted to work with the "SkullCoin" model. Eventually we might create one that takes off.

"Skullcoin" hasn't even launched yet and is only trade-able on a decentralized exchange, so development is very early.

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:00:45 AM

I enjoy these reports. I just read what you said about "Huntercoin" and you are dead on. A polished game that is human mine-able can really take off.

I'm giving it a shot with "SkullCoin". The game is just something that I put together but it's not permanent. New games can be adapted to work with the "SkullCoin" model. Eventually we might create one that takes off.

"Skullcoin" hasn't even launched yet and is only trade-able on a decentralized exchange, so development is very early.

Awesome, I'll keep an eye on your project. I would love if someone made a better version of Huntercoin, good luck! The graphic looks cool fwiw.

I've been playing video games since I was a kid and into my adult life too. I would love to play a fun game that I can earn crypto playing.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:22:48 AM

I got eMunie and Zerocoin added back on the list and gave them ratings/opinions.

I also added a new rating:

REALLY RISKY BUY/HOLD - These crypto currencies are generally in development and are planning on doing an IPO of some sort. Even when crypto currencies are in development and doing an IPO, I still don't put crypto currencies in this category unless alarm bells are ringing that it may be a scam. I think these crypto currencies still deserve their spot on this list though because they have innovative ideas, and if they are not a scam then they will likely be successful.

Sorry eMunie, but you need to prove yourself and talk of planning an IPO doesn't sit well with me considering the past.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:49:46 AM

I tried to edit the OP to explain Bitshare's bitassets and I got this message:

"The message exceeds the maximum allowed length (64000 characters)."

Shocked Shocked Shocked

I can't believe the OP contains almost 64000 characters... lol

It looks like I will be moving this to a new thread when I make the next update. I was kind of wanting to do that anyways so I can organize it better. I am thinking about making each crypto currency a post in the thread, and then providing a link to each post in the OP. That way the list will be easier to navigate.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:42:42 AM

Hello.

Maybe you could make an external web page or blog
and put just preview (short description) in the OP for each coin
and then link it to this web page.

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:09:36 PM

Hello.

Thanks for the suggestion, I might end up doing this eventually. Smiley
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:45:43 AM

Hello.

What do you think?

I also "re-branded" it as more of a general cryptocurrency review site, rather than only reviewing innovative coins. Let me know what you think of the new website- any suggestions are welcome!

If you would like to you can still keep an eye on this thread, because I will post here every time I add a cryptocurrency or make a blog post to serve as notification of some sort. I think this will be a good way to receive feedback as well.

If you would rather contact me through the website then there is a contact page where you can submit a cryptocurrency for review, let me know your opinion on a blog post or cryptocurrency analysis, or notify me of a factual error on this website. This goes straight to my email, so it is the quickest way to get a hold of me.
freigeist

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:05:02 PM

Hello.

What do you think?

Hello.

Is simple and nice I have bookmarked it.
The only thing that I found strange was that the menu is on the bottom and not
on the top which took me some time (few visits on the page) to get used to it.

Another thing that I noticed is the contact form labels are wrapped  "Word Verification:"
 does not fit in one line like there is no enough space.
Is related to firefox on linux and in chromium I don't have the same issue.

The rest is fine Wink

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:02:46 PM

Hello.

Is simple and nice I have bookmarked it.
The only thing that I found strange was that the menu is on the bottom and not
on the top which took me some time (few visits on the page) to get used to it.

Another thing that I noticed is the contact form labels are wrapped  "Word Verification:"
 does not fit in one line like there is no enough space.
Is related to firefox on linux and in chromium I don't have the same issue.

The rest is fine Wink

Thanks for the feedback! I can see how having the navigation bar at the bottom could be confusing. I'll try to figure out how to get it on the top.. If not I can just change themes.

I noticed that about the form too.. On my browsers (iPad and chrome) it looks OK now. When I first made it the message field name was doing the same, so I guess I can probably do the same by shortening "word verification" to "captcha" or something similar.

Anyways, thanks for your opinion I will change those things. Smiley
lovely89

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:59:37 AM

I removed eMunie last week because there had been no updates in something like 6 months and when I visited their forums it was dead. Fuserleer reappeared from the dead today and posted an update. I mentioned it a couple posts up, but I will be adding it back to the list.

I grouped Peershares in with Peercoin since it's built on top of it and I gave a link to their page and mentioned it in the description/opinion.

Never heard of Skycoin or Nubits, I will look into them. EDIT: I will add Skycoin, but there isn't much information on Nubits yet.. I'm going to hold off on that one.

BTW- to everyone. I made a lot of edits and updates to the OP earlier today.

I'm hoping you've been reading up on nubits and nushares. Smiley

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:07:01 AM

Yep I get the idea of it and think it is innovative, but I'm still letting it soak in before forming an opinion. It's similarity to the Feds kind of irks me in the wrong way right off the bat, but if it works as planned I think I could get over that... I mean.. I still use US dollars. Smiley

The real experiment with Nubits/Nushares is if the value of FIAT (or in Nubits case, quasi FIAT) can be maintained without the use of laws, regulation, and force. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I haven't had much time to update the website, but hopefully I can soon. I will be adding Nubits/Nushares.

Correct me if I am wrong, but NuBits works much the same as the Federal Reserve and the U.S. Dollar, except in a decentralized manner, with Nushares holders taking the place of the Feds. Just like FIAT, Nubits are not backed by collateral.

It sets interest rates to control the demand of Nubits, so when the demand is low it increases interest rates to prevent the price going under a dollar. When demand is high it prints Nubits to prevent the price going over a dollar. Market makers are used to hold the value of Nubits at one dollar  in the short term and provide liquidity, with the interest rate adjustments and printing Nubits holding the peg in the long term.
lovely89

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:54:22 AM

Yep I get the idea of it and think it is innovative, but I'm still letting it soak in before forming an opinion. It's similarity to the Feds kind of irks me in the wrong way right off the bat, but if it works as planned I think I could get over that... I mean.. I still use US dollars. Smiley

The real experiment with Nubits/Nushares is if the value of FIAT (or in Nubits case, quasi FIAT) can be maintained without the use of laws, regulation, and force. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I haven't had much time to update the website, but hopefully I can soon. I will be adding Nubits/Nushares.

Correct me if I am wrong, but NuBits works much the same as the Federal Reserve and the U.S. Dollar, except in a decentralized manner, with Nushares holders taking the place of the Feds. Just like FIAT, Nubits are not backed by collateral.

It sets interest rates to control the demand of Nubits, so when the demand is low it increases interest rates to prevent the price going under a dollar. When demand is high it prints Nubits to prevent the price going over a dollar. Market makers are used to hold the value of Nubits at one dollar  in the short term and provide liquidity, with the interest rate adjustments and printing Nubits holding the peg in the long term.

I think a transparent decentralised distributed (eventually autonmous) flexible voluntary cryptographic and digitalised fed literally controlled by the people in the economy using the 'money' is a great technology.

I have a vision of the eMunie system storing its 'usd' in nubits to avoid any trust regarding handling fiat.

freigeist

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:33:01 AM

Hello
Hmmm Where? Do you have any links to this?
Can you post it here or send in PM.

Thanks.

lovely89

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 10:35:25 AM

Hello
Hmmm Where? Do you have any links to this?
Can you post it here or send in PM.

Thanks.

You can find specifics or ask questions here:
http://discuss.nubits.com/

But the whitepaper gives the best overall description:
https://nubits.com/about/white-paper

freigeist

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:47:50 PM

Thanks.
I went there to read about it.
The concept is nice pity that is totally centralized like the FEDs
It says you need to have nushares to be able to create new nubits or to
park existing nubits in exchange to get interest but the this interest is payed in peercoins.
The nushres seems to be distributed among a close circle of people which are in control
of the currency.

I haven't found any info on how and where distribution of nushares was held. :-/
so I'm skeptical about this coin.

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:35:53 PM

Thanks.
park existing nubits in exchange to get interest but the this interest is payed in peercoins.
The nushres seems to be distributed among a close circle of people which are in control
of the currency.

I haven't found any info on how and where distribution of nushares was held. :-/

This is another thing that rubs me the wrong way, it was funded by private investors and there was no way for the average person to invest in the project. I'm not sure when anyone that wants to will be able to buy Nushares, I think you can only buy Nubits right now.
lovely89

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:04:32 AM

Thanks.
of the currency.

This is another thing that rubs me the wrong way, it was funded by private investors and there was no way for the average person to invest in the project. I'm not sure when anyone that wants to will be able to buy Nushares, I think you can only buy Nubits right now.

That is right. That's something I am a little annoyed about. I think it's something like 70% of 1 billion being actually sold at a cheaper price to people who have largely contributed to the project financially. I think it was like a minimum of 100k during this year.

So everyone with the money and who were prepared to take the risk could have essentially donated that much money to get this privilege. More people who contributed in other ways are second to get an opportunity.  Next 30% will be available in time for the others who sole interest will be financial and don't have anything 'at stake'.

About the centralization thing, I completely disagree. Consensus is required for the custodians to perform actions. It will be possible one day for the custodians to be completely autonmous too. Remove the small trust aspect which is what I hate right now.

I do agree though that it is like the fed, which imho isnt a bad thing. There is a reason the fed exists...

I think a transparent decentralised distributed (eventually autonmous) flexible voluntary cryptographic and digitalised fed literally controlled by the people in the economy using the 'money' is a great technology.

Milton Friedman is also a nobel prize economist who believes that the fed can be controlled by a computer.

You don't need nushares to create nubits, you need to be elected.
You don't need nushares to park nubits, the custodians will set the interest rates based on the consensus of the shareholders but anyone can park their Nubits.
Also, this interest is actually paid in nubits, the dividends for shareholders are paid in peercoins to the list of shareholder peercoin addresses which I think exists in the nushares blockchain.?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: