Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:19:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Review - Cryptocurrency Analysis  (Read 21429 times)
bithic

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:36:07 AM

Thanks for this thread CoinHoarder.
lovely89

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:38:13 PM

So, we going to add Ethereum to this list? It looks pretty ingenius.

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
Taborresen

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:48:53 PM

I am with u. Smiley
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:27:03 PM

No. Don't add it until you have the proof it exist.
Until now, Ethereum is a group of very greedy people with big mouth.
lovely89

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:42:29 AM

That could very well be true and with all of the 'shitcoins' going around, it makes sense to wait for proof. I think the concept could definitely be added though, much the same way eMunie was added to the list but make a note that it is still a conception and hasn't proven itself.

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:20:05 PM

That could very well be true and with all of the 'shitcoins' going around, it makes sense to wait for proof. I think the concept could definitely be added though, much the same way eMunie was added to the list but make a note that it is still a conception and hasn't proven itself.

eMunie has been on beta-test for months. The public beta-test is tomorrow. This crypto-currency does exist. Ethereum on the other hand, could be the biggest scam ever. The creator is asking 36 millions USD right now, he'll keep more than 50 % premine, the access to the coins will be locked for one year and every year you'll be allowed to sell only 50% of remaining coin.
coinrevo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:28:26 PM

Ethereum on the other hand, could be the biggest scam ever.

what is your estimate of how many people think that way? will it get support inside the community? aantonop has promoted it a bit. a lot of people will be impressed by the wire article. buying a journalist can be quite profitable it seems. the ratio of people who understand technical details to investors is probably <1%, which makes it profitable for people to do this kind of thing. I wonder what the impact is going to be. if the coin would be done without funds raised I wouldn't mind seeing the experiment done, as it shows what will happen if you run nodes with a full language (host to trojans and viruses).
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:10:07 AM

I'm glad to see some renewed interest in this thread. I will make sure to do some updates on the OP this weekend. I apologize I haven't done that more often.. I've been really busy doing all sorts of things.

Cheers,

Ch
lovely89

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:39:19 PM

eMunie has been on beta-test for months. The public beta-test is tomorrow. This crypto-currency does exist. Ethereum on the other hand, could be the biggest scam ever. The creator is asking 36 millions USD right now, he'll keep more than 50 % premine, the access to the coins will be locked for one year and every year you'll be allowed to sell only 50% of remaining coin.

While that is true, that eMunie has been on beta-testing for a while, when it was originally added, around August? It had a very small amount of beta-testers. Now, I'm not arguing about the authenticity of Ethereum, I'm merely suggesting its concept be added to the list, for much the same reason eMunie was added so early (Even though its released was delayed such a long time).

How the coin is distributed and what they ask for in terms of funds is completely irrelevant in terms of the scope of this thread. Also, any accusations or theories based on the likelihood of something is merely speculation or just a conspiracy. I also believe that the Ethereum client was released today? Maybe, I'm away on my laptop and the windows binaries haven't been released yet, although it has been for linux.

https://github.com/ethereum/cpp-ethereum/wiki/Building

Now, if we look at what Ethereum looks to offer, I'm confident anyone will find it hard to deny its innovative nature, which is the reason for this thread. This is not to say that there aren't any real concerns over their approach or flaws in there implementation but currently, it's difficult to find any 'coin' that doesn't have imperfect attributes in some way or another.

Taborresen

Activity: 183

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:58:14 PM

Ok. Didnt it go live these days?
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:13:20 PM

Currencies don't need to be innovative, they just need to work.

What is innovative about the USD compared to the British Pound or compared to any other currency, it's just a medium of exchange.

People falling for 100% premined coins wrapped up as a next generation currency are being duped, but kudos to the developers, they making themselves a lot of money on
2nd gen start ups.

There is only 1 coin that can compete with bitcoin just on it's name alone, a coin that everyone can relate too and very few have even noticed it yet. Wink

lalakies23

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:15:10 PM

Where is Betacoin?
Praeconium

Activity: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:14:07 PM

Where is Betacoin?

Where it belongs, in garbage.
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:22:28 PM

There is only 1 coin that can compete with bitcoin just on it's name alone, a coin that everyone can relate too and very few have even noticed it yet. Wink

I doubt name alone helps, what only matters is number of people using the coin
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:30:38 PM

How to choose a good crypto to invest in? Comment are welcome. This is how I judge potential cryptos.
http://razorsforex.blogspot.com/2014/02/which-cryptocurrency-should-you-invest.html
travel-trousers

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 03:33:24 PM

How to choose a good crypto to invest in? Comment are welcome. This is how I judge potential cryptos.
http://razorsforex.blogspot.com/2014/02/which-cryptocurrency-should-you-invest.html

"All cryptocoins today run on the SHA-256 cryptographic algorithm or the Scrypt algorithm."

Well that's not true.... All of them??
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:40:07 PM

You are right, I added "with a few exceptions". Smiley

"All cryptocoins today run on the SHA-256 cryptographic algorithm or the Scrypt algorithm."

Zzzack

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:13:21 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb8si58DW9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe4Myh5Rw9M

Producer
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:59:08 PM

xcp https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.1920;topicseen
rfe3

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:11:12 PM

Have you Guys looked at MedCoin?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397831.0

I find this one very interesting, it's a HybridScryptHash256 Algorithm, That uses Scrypt and Hash256 in a chain that allows the reuse of ASIC miners but limits their Hashingrates based on CPU power. You could hang a 30G/hs Blade on a i3 Processor and it would hash at about 10 or so G/hs the same on an i7 would do about 19G/hs. This means the  Whales couldn't just  come in and take over without investing in some serious CPU power. White Paper : http://www.mediterraneancoin.org/hybridscrypthash256.pdf

I've been mining this and I find it to be pretty good, especially if you aren't a Mega-Miner with a Farm at your disposal.. The DEVs had a nice soft launch and have been working quite hard to fine tune the Mining Software. There's not really any Marketing Plan (that I've seen) to speak of, but the Algorithm is very promising.

Another one I've found interesting is Cryptographicanomaly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=437950.0;topicseen

This coin also has a very innovative Algorithm with KGW and a unique Block Reward system.
Quote from DEV:
The block reward is (almost) always 0 (yes Zero), the only way that a Cryptographic Anomaly is born is if the remainder of the block number divided by the difficulty falls between 1 and 0. So as the difficulty increases the rarity of the coin increases. After block 15,000 the MAX rate that anomalies can be generated will be 1 out of 3 blocks (1/3). This rule will apply only when the difficulty is below 3. After block 15,000 and the diff rises past 3 the normal rules will apply, the probability of an anomaly being generated will be 1/diff.

The inital stages of the launch were a bit Chaotic as there were some unexpected problems with the Algorithms, Wallets and Blockchain playing together. This Coin has built a GREAT community arround it who worked literally Day and Night to make everything behave.

I find these 2 coins pretty innovative...we'll see where they go... Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: